littlemissbride

Help with banquet venues for less than RM900/table

Hi all :)

I'm looking for a Chinese wedding banquet for less than RM900 NETT per table.

I don't mind hotels or restaurants, as long as there's a lot of good reviews for the food. Also, my only requirement is that the venue itself is not too "Chinesey" (ie. decorated with more modern / contemporary / minimalistic approach).

Also, I don't know the customs there, but can we bargain for pricing? Or can we only bargain for additional stuff to be added?

I have been looking through the forum to see what's highly recommended, but I couldn't find pricing on a lot of them. I don't live in Malaysia so it makes it difficult to ask around. So, if you guys have good recommendations for hotels or restaurants within my budget, please do share them with me. I can get my FH family to check out the venues once shortlisted.

Thanks!! :)

I don't mind hotels or restaurants, as long as there's a lot of good reviews for the food. Also, my only requirement is that the venue itself is not too "Chinesey" (ie. decorated with more modern / contemporary / minimalistic approach).

Also, I don't know the customs there, but can we bargain for pricing? Or can we only bargain for additional stuff to be added?

I have been looking through the forum to see what's highly recommended, but I couldn't find pricing on a lot of them. I don't live in Malaysia so it makes it difficult to ask around. So, if you guys have good recommendations for hotels or restaurants within my budget, please do share them with me. I can get my FH family to check out the venues once shortlisted.

Honestly, RM900 these days can't even get you a decent minimalist Chinesy venue for a reception/banquet.

Im also scouting around and so far hotels are out of the question even with a budget of RM1000 - RM1200 per table.

Closest to my budget is a quaint non-Chinesy place called Passion Road (go google) at RM110 per pax.

Am also considering Sheraton Imperial's Celestial Court but i haven't gotten the quotes yet.

Tell you what, lets check it out online and compare notes. Saves half the trouble.

hi,

not too "Chinesey" (ie. decorated with more modern / contemporary / minimalistic approach)?

meaning to say, u will still consider Chinese restaurant as long as the interior is modern and the price is less than RM900?

how many table u plan to have?

and would u prefer to have pork/ pork free for the menu?

xoxo

susanleo,

Yup, Chinese banquet that hopefully doesn't scream red and gold is what I meant :)

There will be approximately 20+ tables. Not halal.

So do you think it's difficult to find <RM900 banquet?

aadelt...

That's the thing! I'm not from Malaysia, and I don't actually know how much things are over there...

But from online searches, there seems to be at least some places offering good value with okay-looking environment.

I'm looking at, say, Oriental group of restaurants... Or Tai Thong...

I love the look of Passion Road!!! Do you know what type of food they serve?

The thing is, my FH wants Chinese banquet :( So I have to look for a place that has that but still look not too Chinesey!

<RM900 yr best bet is restaurant.

for hotels most is more than that ie : between RM 1300 - 2000 easily.

The hotel which can go abt yr budget is not a nice hotel : eg ARMADA Hotel, Crystal Crown Hotel, Summit Hotel & etc

Tai Thong, Oversea, Grand Imperial, Imbi Palace, Dynasty Dragon group these are the few you can get with good food as well.

The rest Couryard garden, Passion road are slightly over your budget with RM100 per pax ++

hi littlemissbride,

do u mind sharing the hall with other couple? cos ure planning to have around 20 tables for the dinner, right?..so the chance to get the entire hall at some restaurant would be a bit difficult..

ive surveyed a few restaurants, which got great ambiance (modern interior) but those need at least 35 tables only than u can have the entire hall, if not u've to share with other couple (depends on what date u choose)...

not so ancient chinesy interior + 20 tables (can have entire hall) - noble house, maju palace, oriental pearl (thai thong) bkt jalil, duck king, tropicana (thai thong) = the price for the banquet depends on what menu u choose ^_^/', if u want to have suckling pig- would be a bit pricey..

**xoxo

hi littlemissbride,

You can get these few venues below:

Flamingo Hotel: RM788++(RM914 nett) per table.

Vistana Hotel: RM888 nett per table

Corus Hotel: RM938++ (RM1088 nett) per table

Reviews for Vistana food sounded good from the Vistana thread in this forum. Go check it out. Not much reviews for Flamingo though, so can't comment.

Tai Thong Tropicana sounded interesting too as it's a restaurant in a golf club, so the surrounding area should be nicer for the reception. I think the prices start from RM700++ too if not mistaken. They faxed me their menu but I sorta misplaced it :blush:

Other places that could be within your budget are Equatorial Hotel and Concorde Hotel. The 2011 packages are available below:

http://www.equatorial.com/kul/index.php?na...;sub_navi_id=12

http://kualalumpur.concordehotelsresorts.com/weddings.php

I have the quotations for Passion Road, Flamingo, Vistana, Courtyard Garden, and Corus Hotel. PM if interested.

I'm not from KL either, and have never seen any of these venues. Have just been collecting information online before my visit to KL. So feedback from anyone who has experience with these venues is HIGHLY welcome and very much appreciated :wub:

the only negative point about vistana is the location and pillars at the ballroom from my view but yes for a hotel their food is good.

<RM900 yr best bet is restaurant.

for hotels most is more than that ie : between RM 1300 - 2000 easily.

The hotel which can go abt yr budget is not a nice hotel : eg ARMADA Hotel, Crystal Crown Hotel, Summit Hotel & etc

Tai Thong, Oversea, Grand Imperial, Imbi Palace, Dynasty Dragon group these are the few you can get with good food as well.

The rest Couryard garden, Passion road are slightly over your budget with RM100 per pax ++

Agree with skye.

Hi Tsunade,

I am new here and am also looking for a wedding venue in Jan 2012. Am also not living in KL! Mind to share your quotes with me? my email: bcplin@yahoo.co. thanks a lot!

hi littlemissbride,

You can get these few venues below:

Flamingo Hotel: RM788++(RM914 nett) per table.

Vistana Hotel: RM888 nett per table

Corus Hotel: RM938++ (RM1088 nett) per table

Reviews for Vistana food sounded good from the Vistana thread in this forum. Go check it out. Not much reviews for Flamingo though, so can't comment.

Tai Thong Tropicana sounded interesting too as it's a restaurant in a golf club, so the surrounding area should be nicer for the reception. I think the prices start from RM700++ too if not mistaken. They faxed me their menu but I sorta misplaced it :blush:

Other places that could be within your budget are Equatorial Hotel and Concorde Hotel. The 2011 packages are available below:

http://www.equatorial.com/kul/index.php?na...;sub_navi_id=12

http://kualalumpur.concordehotelsresorts.com/weddings.php

I have the quotations for Passion Road, Flamingo, Vistana, Courtyard Garden, and Corus Hotel. PM if interested.

I'm not from KL either, and have never seen any of these venues. Have just been collecting information online before my visit to KL. So feedback from anyone who has experience with these venues is HIGHLY welcome and very much appreciated :wub:

Thanks for your inputs :)

I've just had a look at the websites for Flamingo & Vistana... I like the look of the Flamingo Hotel, but of course it's tougher when there's not much reviews on the quality of the food! I might have to ask my FH's relatives to check both places out.

Oriental Pavillion is one of the choices I had in mind too. But supposedly there's no hotels nearby so it'll be tough to transport my guests from hotel to restaurant.

I'm also looking for the budget <RM900 too...like all before, it's hard to get a hotel with that price. Moreover, most hotels asked to give a 50% deposit after confirmation! It's just too much cash to come out!

For some of the hotels, I found Federal Hotel (RM688++ per table) & Pearl International Hotel (RM788++ table). THe number of tables if i'm not mistaken is max.40 tables- which i cant fit in.Also, what put me off is that the deposit amount of 50% that they require for confirmation! However, you can try them.... I heard that Pearl International has quite good food from my friends but i have not tried it personally.

I really liked Bangsar Seafood Village, but they only have permit to be there until Sept this year. It may or may not get renewed as it seems the majlis perbandaran wants the land....really nice non-chinesey place for RM700nett per table. Only 3k deposit is needed.

Is there any recommendations for <RM900, with the venue be able to fit 45-50 tables?

Hi!

I'm looking at venues less than RM900/table as well. I know it's quite frustrating. I'll just share with you & others what i found from all d surveying i've done so far:-

1) Hotel ballrooms - cost RM1k++ /table. Bukit Kiara cost less than that if i rmbr correctly. they engage the thai thong rest in their resort but the place doesn't look modern, which is why i didn't consider this. i like modern look :lol:

2) Chinese restaurants - menu ranges & go as low as RM500++ but deco are typical & too 'chinese'. Ming Room BSC is modern oriental but layout not suitable for wedding & too compact. You can try Grand Imperial bangsar if you want but you have to go through the walk-in tables before going into ur hall as the hall is at the back.

3) standalone restaurants/bungalows - the cheapest option is Passion Road. I don't consider it a garden wedding cz it's outside a compound of a 'bungalow' & d compound is not even grass. it's cement floor. LOL

The existing deco is nice enough. u only need to top-up a lil deco or none at all. The only drawback is when u add ur corkage fees for the drinks, ur wedding cakes, air cooler (though they provide fans but it's humid) to the price of the food (RM110 -asian food) & RM120-western), it will cost around RM140-150 per pax. I'm still considering this place though cz it's special but i'll have to sacrifice my honeymoon for this. what do you think?

4) garden weddings - you can also do garden weddings at hotels/resorts eg. cyberview lodge which is popular (it's booked for my date :sad: ). but you will have to rent your own canopy, do ur own deco, etc. ciao nice too but RM 110 per pax. so add ur other stuffs into the bill, it will cost a lot.

i hope this helps not only you but others reading this :smile: i'm considering ah yat PJ or passion road. both don't have my actual date. so i'll have to go the chinese ceremony on sat & wedding dinner the next day. :dash2:

seriously, after going through this myself, 20+ tables, alot of restaurants don't really like to entertain us....all the best to you

We have book oour wedding reception @ Jaya Palace, PJ (same group with Grand Palace, Pavilion). Initially our plan was to held our wedding dinner at Jaya Palace, but due our both parents decision, we have to change the plan to held our wedding reception at our hometown. We already paid the deposit of RM3000, the management will not refund us unless we able to find someone to replace us.

Menu price: Range from RM688-RM988, the food is very nice there and the ambiance is very classy. if you are interested, please PM me here. Thank you so much. Hope to hear from you soon.

My wedding held at Vistana for 25 tables.. we're very happy with the service and foods if you didn't concern on the pillars of course! as now a days every restaurants or smaller hall all came with pillars.. i don't care much on this! most important i only pay for the menu price only as decor was included (simple elegent), waived corkage (this is most most important).. i save a lot for my honeymoon :wub: the sales person very helpful too.. hope my comment help! happy hunting!

Just to share, weeks ago i was so doubtful and concerned to choose which budget hotels going to be 'ok' for the WD. In my pre-listed venues are mainly from PJ such as Holiday Villa, Sunway Resort, Armada, Crystal Crown. after email conversation with the PIC, here are my comments:

1. Holiday Villa

1st email for quotation, replied after 1 week without any info. Same day the PIC replied the email, i drive in to check around as to get more info, receptionist made a call to the PIC, eventually the phone passed to me and PIC just enquired about my wedding plan which did not show up to bring me hang around the ball room.

PIC: Ms Erina

2. Sunway Resort

1st email for quotation, fast reply but did not attach proposal. a week after to request an appointment, totally no reply until today.

PIC: Ms Tay Sun Sun

3. Armada Hotel

1st email for quotation, fast reply with all info & proposal. days later drive in to meet the PIC, friendly and professional explained every single details. As well to lead us to show their Bridal Suite. unfortunatedly, Bridal Suite may not available during the particular WD due to renovation, the PIC explained well and will try to provide the best room ever. At least they are honest to the client.

PIC: Alex Yee

4. Crystal Crown

1st email for quotation, fast replied with every details. Same day the day drive to Armada, 1st we wanted to stop at Crystal Crown, the place was just inconvenient to look for parking so we decided to eliminate it from our list.

PIC: Ms Shamini

Conclusion, we chose Armada as our WD venue due to its friendly hospitality and the PIC Alex was working his best profession to provide us the necessary things we need. Even though the D/P has to be 50%, i can see it worth as they have invested to renovate the ballroom (which is currently in progress), and it looks very Grand especially the lighting and absolutely no pillars in between. FYI: My WD is on Nov Sat, and 1 table is RM1030nett. I booked 25 tables.

congrats jingtaotia for finally found what you want eventhough its slightly above your budget but still i'm sure its worth it !

Hi,

Please share with me your quotes. angeline84ng@gmail.com

Thanks

i've got some menu quotes too

drop me your email and i'll fwd you for your ref.

hope this helps :)