Maxcore

Oriental Pearl - Bukit Kiara

I just had my wedding there and it turned out very well. The food was given thumbs up by many people. Deco was great. We added some by ourselves. But if anyone needs any advise or opinions to have a wedding here, just ticle here and i will try my best to respond.

We planned this since November 2010 and this forum helped me alot. So anyone needs any feedback let me know for me to return my favor to others who is gonna go through this planning!.

Also, some other feedback i have is

Shangri-La Putrajaya

Wedding Photographers

Flower Supplier ( THAT SUCK )

Cheers

Hi... I'm newbie to this forum and 2012 bride. I'm considerating Oriental Pearl of Bukit Kiara for my wedding reception.

How are you found out with their food, service, environment, charges and etc..

My dream wedding is modern + garden style yet we need to consider parents' opinion and budget constraint too.

Therefore i'm looking something similar and best suit my dream wedding. Oriental Pearl of Bukit Kiara and Spring Garden of Tropicana is my priority of selection.

Glad that you can share some experience of you with Bukit Kiara. =)

Hi

Will be glad to help.

Now, everyone wants a garden wedding me too. but our wedding ended up in Chinese restaurant was because :-

1)Too many relatives

2) Family want chinese food

3) Weather unpredictable

4) Family friend's all uncle and auntie.

Anyway as for Oriental pearl, it is definately opposite garden wedding type. The deco isn't as nice as other Chinese restaurant but this restaurant menu sets are cheaper maybe rm100 pertable compare to other restaurant and it is Halal.

At first, when i booked the place, i had doubt coz it looked dull. But during the wedding, everything turned out fine and look great.

The restaurant itself can fit maybe 30 tables, more of it you will need to open the back hall which can fit another 20 tables.

The bad side is, the main stage is pretty small in front and so is the projector. So what we did was we add anothe projector at the back of the hall.

We pull another cable from the front all the way back.

Also, this restaurant can't play laptop. So if you don't pull the projector cable all the way back, you will need to bring your own DVD player and projector as well if you want to have it shown at the back. The front stage already has a dvd player that can play movies and mp3.

As for decoration, what i did was i engaged another suppier for table cloth for reception and main table to make it nice.

The restaurant currently has a pink tbale cloth. Due to budget so we did not bring our own table cloth but we instead bought those tissue paper from ikea green color and pass to the restaurant and they will fold for us and arrange for us.

Food RM699 package with Free Corcage

As for the food, that night people was quite happy. I guess it all depends on luck as well as i been there before and the food was not that good. But for our wedding people quite like it. :)( i told them many dato' and dato seri coming ) so maybe they increase their food.

Service

They have 1 server for 2 tables or 4, cant remember but so far the only feedback i got from the guests were they were too fast in cleaning up the food.!but other than that it was good for me. The manager in charge for my wedding was helpful throughout the planning etc.

I'd be glad to send you some pics if you want just drop me an email address!

Also, the parking might be quite far for some of your guest as the one in front is only for 6 cars for wedding vip and the rest need to drop and park behind :)

Cheers!

Thanks for your valuable info on Oriental Pearl Bukit Kiara.

It's glad if you can share me some pictures for the hall and deco. my email is cleosaraling@yahoo.com

1) Ambience - its definitely look dull but i have no idea about night view as i've been there in the afternoon. hopefully their lighting is good and make the hall looks grand. I like it as the pool and garden is just beside the hall.

2) Deco - i will engage supplier to enhance the hall and reception deco too... cause it's really simple without "grand" feel. Wahh, you got ur idea on deco the table using ikea tissue.

3) tables - i will have 50 tables or more. it should occupy the whole hall

4) projector - their system is quite lousy in the sense that they can't play laptop and require us to bring projector for the back of the hall.

5) food - damn worry the food since it's halal and tai thong, although they offer affortable wedding package. I would like to go for good quality of food yet not typical Chinese restaurant, cause they do not have hall itself.

Things that i impress is their big reception area for guest to hang around. Also, they allow us to bring some snack and drink to serve without charge. Usually restaurants in the mall have small reception area.

Cheers =)

I just had my wedding there and it turned out very well. The food was given thumbs up by many people. Deco was great. We added some by ourselves. But if anyone needs any advise or opinions to have a wedding here, just ticle here and i will try my best to respond.

We planned this since November 2010 and this forum helped me alot. So anyone needs any feedback let me know for me to return my favor to others who is gonna go through this planning!.

Shangri-La Putrajaya

Wedding Photographers

Cheers

Hi Maxcore,

I am a newbie to this forum, I am from JB but my AD will be in KL, can you/anyone advice on the following:

1) Wedding venue, Hotel (nice atmosphere, budget around RM1,300-RM1,600 per table)

2) Homestay for Chu Men (eg: Brick house)

3) Makeup artist (simple yet elegant :p)

4) AD photographer

Thanks a million!

Shangri-La Putrajaya

Wedding Photographers

Cheers

Hi Maxcore,

I am a newbie to this forum, I am from JB but my AD will be in KL, can you/anyone advice on the following:

1) Wedding venue, Hotel (nice atmosphere, budget around RM1,300-RM1,600 per table)

2) Homestay for Chu Men (eg: Brick house)

3) Makeup artist (simple yet elegant :p)

4) AD photographer

Thanks a million!

Hi Yeeyee,

We are a vendor in this forum. Should you require a photographer for your big day, please do not hesitate to email to us for our rates for your consideration, thanks.

Best regards,

Michelle

Shangri-La Putrajaya

Wedding Photographers

Cheers

Hi there,

I'm the 2012 bride too. Would be glad if u can send me some photos on your WD at Oriental Pearl. My email is zephyr1812@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

My AD is on Mar 2012. Reception will be held in Oriental Pearl. We went there for food tasting and it turns out to be bad.

I am worried sick on the outcome on my AD. Appreciate if you could email me some photos at biyans@hotmail.com.

TQTQ...

Oh I wanted to book Oriental Pearl bukit kiara but decided to change to Spring Garden tropicana. oriental pearl kiara's ambiance is not as nice, the banquet hall is not bad, need some deco.

Went there today to check out the place. Quite okay once you are inside. Although the exterior part is not so nice. Perhaps with some flowers and welcome table will be better. Too bad is booked for my date on 23/09! :(

Went there today to check out the place. Quite okay once you are inside. Although the exterior part is not so nice. Perhaps with some flowers and welcome table will be better. Too bad is booked for my date on 23/09! :(

Hi alexsfi, your date is 23/9 2012 or 2013? i have kiara package to let go on 29 / 9 / 2013, interested?

Hi

Will be glad to help.

Now, everyone wants a garden wedding me too. but our wedding ended up in Chinese restaurant was because :-

1)Too many relatives

2) Family want chinese food

3) Weather unpredictable

4) Family friend's all uncle and auntie.

Anyway as for Oriental pearl, it is definately opposite garden wedding type. The deco isn't as nice as other Chinese restaurant but this restaurant menu sets are cheaper maybe rm100 pertable compare to other restaurant and it is Halal.

At first, when i booked the place, i had doubt coz it looked dull. But during the wedding, everything turned out fine and look great.

The restaurant itself can fit maybe 30 tables, more of it you will need to open the back hall which can fit another 20 tables.

The bad side is, the main stage is pretty small in front and so is the projector. So what we did was we add anothe projector at the back of the hall.

We pull another cable from the front all the way back.

Also, this restaurant can't play laptop. So if you don't pull the projector cable all the way back, you will need to bring your own DVD player and projector as well if you want to have it shown at the back. The front stage already has a dvd player that can play movies and mp3.

As for decoration, what i did was i engaged another suppier for table cloth for reception and main table to make it nice.

The restaurant currently has a pink tbale cloth. Due to budget so we did not bring our own table cloth but we instead bought those tissue paper from ikea green color and pass to the restaurant and they will fold for us and arrange for us.

Food RM699 package with Free Corcage

As for the food, that night people was quite happy. I guess it all depends on luck as well as i been there before and the food was not that good. But for our wedding people quite like it. :)( i told them many dato' and dato seri coming ) so maybe they increase their food.

Service

They have 1 server for 2 tables or 4, cant remember but so far the only feedback i got from the guests were they were too fast in cleaning up the food.!but other than that it was good for me. The manager in charge for my wedding was helpful throughout the planning etc.

I'd be glad to send you some pics if you want just drop me an email address!

Also, the parking might be quite far for some of your guest as the one in front is only for 6 cars for wedding vip and the rest need to drop and park behind :)

Cheers!

Hi there Maxcore. I'm wondering if you can e-mail ur pics to me (although it's been awhile)? My e-mail add is fiona.ooi85@gmail.com. I recently booked Oriental Pearl Bukit Kiara, the chief reason being that it is one of the few restaurants that can accomodate my small request (of only 20 tables) without all the extra charges. :)