cindyclh

Palace of Golden Horses

I had my wedding banquet in the Grand Royal Ballroom and ROM at the garden.

The ballroom is spacious without any pillar blocking. You must have at least 50 over tables in order to use the Grand Royal Ballroom.

They have 3 sets of Chinese menu to choose from, we had the 1k+ menu and changed some dishes.

Our families and guests were satisfied with the quality and presentation of the foods.

Projector is not inclusive, u have to bring yours.

I remember they customized the stage backdrop without additional charges.

U can choose the color theme to match the drapes, table clothes, chair covers, and bows.

I can send u some pic of the settings for my banquet if u r interested.

Hi burgundywine,

I plan to have my banquet at PoGH, I am really appreaciate if you can share with me your pictures of setting.

Please send to lohwaichen@yahoo.com.

Thanks & Regards,

lohwaichen

Hi burgundywine, appreciate if you can share your pics with me too, my email serenade_bui@yahoo.com

TQ

hi every1, i went to GH for my fren's wedding end of last year.. many of us complaint le... the food is so so la..but the worst thing is the plates that we use ar looks 'old' and looks dirty.. My bf requested to change a new 1, but the new 1 also same, like 'oily'..then we asked around the frens who same table, same thing happened. End up we use own tissues to wipe all the plates. Can not imaging this kind of things can be happened at GH.

Anyhow, i would like to have the garden/lakeside wedding. So we try to consider GH again. We went to GH last weekend. Everything is fine. But when we saw the staffs setup the table at Terrence( got dinner later), we quiclky go to have a look lo.. Very sad, the thing that we very CONCERN still the same. The chair cover and the plates all "NOT CLEAN"!!! :(

Any other good place recommend to me? i want poolside or garden dinner/wedding. TQ

Greeting to all brides...

Has anyone had their wedding dinner there recently? I am going to have mine in October but heard lots of complaint, so getting worry. If any of you have had dinner there before, please share with me your experience. Thank you.

Hi all,

I plan to consider this place too. However, it sound not too good with quite a number of complaints. Hope they have improved. Anyone, any idea?

Aside to burgundywine,

Do you mind sharing some of the pics with me? My email address is behlee@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

joopedo

Greeting to all brides...

Has anyone had their wedding dinner there recently? I am going to have mine in October but heard lots of complaint, so getting worry. If any of you have had dinner there before, please share with me your experience. Thank you.

Hi burgundy wine,

Do you mind sharing your pictures and quotation with me too? Thanks!! :D

Hi Claritzel,

Noted that you are the last person in this forum. Do you manage to get the pictures from Burgundy Wine (it has been a year since she proposed to share)? I am also interested to find out more about the hotel. If she is still contactable, I would like to look at her photos too. ;)

Regards

Ltt

Hi ltt,

Nope, didn't manage to get reply from Burgundywine. Maybe she don't check this thread anymore.

Anyway, will be crossing PoGH out. They needed minimum 55 tables or at least need to spend minimum RM 60k over there. Say for example if you have 40 tables, then they'll charge you an almost RM 20k for the ballroom rental lor. Corkage is free for the first bottle. Price starts at RM 950 ++ for year 2009. Projector not included.

How many tables will you roughly have? Hmm, if your wedding day is on weekdays then think can nego for the number of tables lor. :)

Hi burgundywine,

I plan to have my banquet at PoGH, I am really appreaciate if you can share with me your pictures of setting.

But i wonder u still active in this forum?

tq

dear all,

Im going to have my wedding diner in PGH next year.Because i donot have 60 tables i could only use the unity room. Any lengchai lenglui there been to the wedding there especially in the unity room?

Any comment?Those who attended wedding there any comment?is it a memorable one?Anything that u r not satisfy?i personally like the place,its private and grand. I was told projector not provided.Anything else can we negotiate?Really a headace to arrange all this.

Tq so much for your input!!

lucky guy :D

Hi all,

This is real bad. I was thinking of having my wedding dinner there too. With all these complains and projector not included with the last post by 'claritzel', POGH really going down real bad.

I was thinking to have a nice fairytale wedding dinner there. I think I will need to look around for another hotel. This is so sad as POGH is first in my list.

Hi sheryl and childish_gal81,

Hey..no worries k. Some hotels really do not provide projectors..I've signed up with one, doesn't provide projectors too but I think easily we can rent from outside for less than RM500.

I think PoGH is good if your guest capacity is around 600 and above so that you can utilize the main ballroom. It's the same condition with Istana hotel where they require some minimum number of guest for their ballroom. Standing on the hotel side, think it's fair enough for them to have such t & c as they want to allocate slot for bigger client.

Food quality matter..err..I wish I'm wrong but most hotel food quality is so so only..if not non-edible..just gotta keep our fingers crossed and hope that the portion is big enough to minimize further complaints...

Hi burgundywine,

But i wonder u still active in this forum?

tq

Hi burgundywine,

Me too. I'd love to see some of the settings in PoGH. Please send me the pics/links. Thank you so much.

email: xinxinsguaiguai@gmail.com

What ever you do, don't go to the Palace of the Golden Horses, even if its the only place available!

I recently coordinated a friend's wedding at the palace of the golden horses. Prior to the actual day, my friend had a lot of difficulties in her dealings with the sales person in charge.

On the actual day, I was appalled to see a badly creased and torn stage backdrop, stains on the bowls and spoons, frayed napkins, holes, stains and loose threading on the table linens and chair covers! Nearly all the wooden lazy susans where chipping, and aged. Menus were placed upside down! It was so bad and deplorable that even a suburban restaurant seemed more promising. I have pictures to prove it! All the photos have the table number with the hotel's gold horse logo imprinted.

http://mayjin.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/whe...-underdelivers/

The next day, we learned from one of the guest that she found A PIECE OF GLASS in her daughter's drink, and demanded that the management explain it. We are still waiting for the explanation.

Seriously, look at the pictures in the link above and decide for yourself if this is worth paying anything at all. The wedding photographer for that day also shared some of the many stories he has heard from other brides who had their weddings at the Palace of the Golden Horses, it seems like our story may not be an isolated case.

Please don't put yourself through what we went through. Anyone deserves more than this!

Many of the guests thought the wedding went on really nice, and everything was beautiful, they had no idea of the horror I dealt with before the garden and ballroom dinner reception. When you attend as a guest, you only see a small fraction of the wedding, when you get to oversee the whole presentation and operations, you get to see what I showed in the photos at that link.

Once again, please don't put yourself through what we went through.

Hi, I'm new here.

Planning to have the chinese wedding dinner at Palace of Golden Horses ballroom next year for about 30 tables. However, heard that food isn't at all great.

How is the wedding planner at the hotel? The decor? The PA system? Anyone who could advise pls? :)