#181 melanieee

melanieee

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

pepper...
um, i think 1.5k for periwinkle is a little low...
they only do that for promo on the whole package which include reception, arch, backdrop, photo area, album display area and etc (in a theme)...

Me myself sign up with Periwinkle during promo...
Personally I suggest urself to contact all vendors that u r interested.
and find out more...
Besides budget, their portfolio are also important...

Good luck~

#182 clarins

clarins

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

pepper, diy could be a good consideration with limited budget. you can get photos, banners, buy artificial flowers, candles, vases to do diy. I am going for diy...

#183 clarins

clarins

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

my best friend's wedding by memories decoration close to 8k, she took whole deco as well as hand bouquets, car deco and corsages.

maid of honour bouquet is very lovely for my taste, forgotten the tiredness, feel happy and satisfy looking at the flower.

bride bouquet

#184 evelynsaw

evelynsaw

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

havent checked this trail for a very long time, just want to share with you girls, favors essense sent me an email on their promo

Awesome value wedding decoration package
RM 1,800.00nett per package

01 X Standard Main Table decoration with fresh flower & candles inclusive of
*Standard Chair decor for main table (10 - 12 chairs)
*Standard Napkin Rings for main table (10 - 12 rings)
OR
01 X Standard Flower arch with fresh flowers at the entrance

08 X Standard Fresh flower aisle stands along the walk way inclusive in the package
01 X Standard Elongated fresh flowers posies for reception table inclusive in the package

Types of flowers: Roses or Eustoma or Gerbera or Orchid

#185 aisumomo

aisumomo

Lovely Lady

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

heheh i used them to make my wedding favor tags.
they are professional personality wise, very nice and accommodating since i design my own tag and she had to keep trying to fit the design into her cutter.
in the end she even mailed me the shape so i can scan n trace.
not sure about deco wise though.
i find their price rather expensive if compared to other vendors but their use of real florals are more lavish.

#186 freshpropose

freshpropose

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hi miumiu and clarin,

would you mind to share your wedding decoration with me :kwchong1708@yahoo.com.sg thanks.....

actually i had sent email to Memories de Decoration and now is waiting patiently for her reply with some photo and reference. sometimes it is abit hard for us who are oversea to get touch with her... as face to face still is the best way of communication.

#187 ~*pepper*~

~*pepper*~

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (melanieee @ Jun 2 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pepper...
um, i think 1.5k for periwinkle is a little low...
they only do that for promo on the whole package which include reception, arch, backdrop, photo area, album display area and etc (in a theme)...

oh i see...
ok will discuss with FH ^^

QUOTE (clarins @ Jun 3 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pepper, diy could be a good consideration with limited budget. you can get photos, banners, buy artificial flowers, candles, vases to do diy. I am going for diy...

hi clarins~
yeah lo my FH also say want to DIY. But then we are rushing on that day, don't know if got time to DIY ><!
maybe do beforehand lo.. or get those heng dai and ji mui to help :p

QUOTE (clarins @ Jun 3 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my best friend's wedding by memories decoration close to 8k, she took whole deco as well as hand bouquets, car deco and corsages.

maid of honour bouquet is very lovely for my taste, forgotten the tiredness, feel happy and satisfy looking at the flower.

bride bouquet

Thanks for the pictures...
am gathering ideas for DIY just in case hehe~ wub.gif

#188 melanieee

melanieee

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:25 AM

I am sorry, may i know, who is vernis?
Is vernis = memories de wedding?

#189 aisumomo

aisumomo

Lovely Lady

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:05 AM

yeap, vernis n james = memories de wedding
karen = periwinkle

#190 meiteoh

meiteoh

Precious Princess

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,363 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:41 PM

Before people start accusing others of defamation just because they received a negative feedback on a service provided, please read the following piece of legislature known as the Defamation Act 1957 (link here) of Malaysia.

The following are excerpt from the Act:

FAIR COMMENT

9. In an action for libel or slander in respect of words consisting
partly of allegations of fact and partly of expression of opinion,
a defence of fair comment shall not fail by reason only that the
truth of every allegation of fact is not proved if the expression of
opinion is fair comment having regard to such of the facts alleged
or referred to in the words complained of as are proved.

Logically, negative or positive feedback on a service provided cannot be construed as libel/slander because it is feedback on an exchange of goods.

#191 aisumomo

aisumomo

Lovely Lady

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

that is not her email o.O unless of course its a personal one =/
all mails to her was though the official company email.

melanieee, no point jumping to conclusions. do get the facts directly from vernis.
if she has a problem with regards to your 'non-existent' defamation then she should know that u didnt.
somehow i feel there might be someone trying to mess around with the both of you.
Dont listen to whatever rubbish anyone sent you claiming this and that.
I'll PM u her number and u can get some clarification from her directly.
just bear in mind both of u seem to have already gotten off on the wrong foot.
she herself might not be aware of your 'innocence' so play it safe and explain
the situation rather then bombarding her with accusations of why she wanna issue a letter of demand when u make the call.
dry.gif it might be a misunderstanding or someone playing the devil.

#192 Audreyee

Audreyee

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (clarins @ May 31 2009, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (june june @ May 28 2009, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

june june

Dear Clarins,
I plan to have my wedding around march 2010. I am lost with your pre conversation above. Can you please give the details of the above mentioned florist.
Thanks

#193 Audreyee

Audreyee

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Rachel930 @ Feb 4 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (lovebug @ Jul 1 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi!

I've just had my wedding last month at Cyberview Lodge. I hired EC Events to do my ballroom deco, we had transformed the whole ballroom into our theme and romatic mood. If you like, do check them out!

PM me if you are interested.

Hi lovebug,
Mind to share the decor to me? By the way, how's the charges?
Thank you.

Rachel

Hai Lovebug,
Can you kindly email the photos or quotation at ayee_79@yahoo.com
Currentlyy i am cracking my head to find a good and reasonable deco expert. Thanks in advance

#194 cashmere

cashmere

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

My wedding fall on early this year, I engaged Periwinkle design to do my wedding decoration, this is the items we get :

Total RM3000:

1: Backdrop at foyer for taking photo (No Name, 2 fake flower stands, 1 bench for sitting, some yellow cloth on top of the backdrop)
2: 1 x Table for putting wedding album, decor & light
3: 1 x Reception table decor & light
4: 1 x Dome for march in
5: VIP table, add ONLY Candles.

All the items listed above has NO fresh roses. Periwinkle took some decor photos and upload into their BLOG for portfolio.
Well, I would say it is misleading information to potential wedding couples. My Hotel has provide real flowers for VIP Table, Reception. The BLOG portfolio has included other decors especially the real flowers done by Hotel but periwinkle take it as their deco.

on MAY, another couple has a wedding decoration by Periwinkle, package is RM3000, but so much more items than my wedding:

1: Backdrop at foyer for taking photo
2: 1 x Table for putting wedding album
3: 2 x Reception table decor & light
5: Flower Stands come with 6 units
6: Stage backdrop and lighting
7: VIP Table with chair decor, table flowers deco, and candles.

My overall comment is this decorator's pricing is unfair. Another couple wedding has add on more things than me, backdrop & flower stands, all big big decoration item, and NEW design. I am not an outstation bride, my location at KL.

Now, last few week, my brother got the contact from me and ask them for quotation, even worst :

RM2500:
1: 1 x reception table and light
2: 1 x fake flower arch
3: 6 x fake flower stands
4: VIP table only flower

We are very doubt on the package, so he request for BREAKDOWN, no one reply us for any breakdown.

I want to share my experience with all the brides how i get Con into their package.

Last year, I got the contact from Melanxxx, she told me Periwinkle has a fair at Leisure Mall, so I went to their office at Sri Petaling and inform the guy, I am recommend by Mel, because Mel mention they will give me special price. The guy then inform me to go to sign up at Leisure Mall, and Mel is their good friend, staying walking distance at housing area.

Then I do contact other decoration vendors for quotation. I was undecided on a few decoration vendors. Favour Essense give me budget RM2000, decoration include fresh flower stands. As Mel highly recommended Periwinkle so hubby decide on periwinkle. We inform them our budget is RM2000, they mention can work within our budget, so we confirm the decoration. Weeks later, we want to add on a dome, as i think it is quite nice, and the add on cost us additional to RM3000. Hubby also inform them, our cocktail has no decoration, please add some decoration, and they do not do any decoration for cocktail on wedding day.

The most unsatisfy part for my wedding decoration is.... I notice the white flower for the dome is not nicely done. During quotation, periwinkle told us it is Grade A roses. But if you look at my wedding photo, you will know the flower is not Grade A rose, especially for march in dome, the arrangement is poor.

Another thing, I later found out, all the fake flower use for my wedding decoration, has been used for other couple's weddings, and then recycle for coming weddings. I have seen the both decor & flower use for my wedding, use 4-5 times for other weddings. Now my brother asking for year end quotation, every item are recycle, for few items is RM2500.

My disastifaction is a member who is their good friend highly recommend them to me. Give us misleading information on good pricing, where got!?? My package is so much more expensive then other couple, come with so litttle things, and I got CON of Grade A roses. (Well, i received quote from favour essense can do my fresh flower for decoration only $2000). The props are recycle many times and charge like skyhigh, really making 110% margin!

We do not received the breakdown, we do a rough calculation, if I order fresh flower stands from petaling street, $200 each, 6 flower stands is $1200. Flower arch $600-800. All real flowers are only $1800-2000.

My experience shared. It leaves to your wisdom to decide if this decorator worth for hiring to do recycle decoration for more than $2000, add on 1 item jack $3000!

#195 dylse

dylse

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (J&S @ Oct 3 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to share ..... Met my florist today for some final confirmation and had a very good meeting with her. Good service, friendly, helpful and most important ... reasonable charge! I got few quotation and all quoted me above 3-4K which over my budget but my florist only quoted me 2K+. Hope she really can do a great job on my AD :) . Definitely will share photo with u gals after my AD :P

im new here,so hope u don mind to share ur contact and photo with me smile.gif cos im finding reasonable florist laugh.gif hope i wont over my budget for my florist.Thanks!

#196 laney_lan3

laney_lan3

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

Cashmere

Firstly, please allow me to state my personal opinion as a bride.

Every (mind my generalisation) bride hopes to have a wedding of her dreams within their means and budget. Therefore, it is our responsibility as a consumer (in this case) to do our research on vendors and suppliers.

From your statement, you stated that Mel (I do not know her personally) recommended them (Periwinkle) to be your wedding decorator on your big day. Fair enough.

Every 'CONTRACT' involves 'OFFER' (quotations, packages etc), 'CONSIDERATION' (for you to analyse, compare, negotiate etc) and lastly 'ACCEPTANCE' (you accepting the deal with deposit that leads to the final payment thereafter).

Therefore, you are not obliged to sign up any decorating packages with Periwinkle based on 'someones' recommendation.

I do understand how you feel because I have numerous experience on these 'OMG, I got cheated' feeling. However, if you think about it again, how many of us out there never felt that way? wacko.gif

Look at it in another scenario. A handbag in Gucci might cost $1000 today but reduced to $500 the next day due to the stocktake sales? sad.gif What will you have done about it? Nothing, because it was our call to make the purchase. It is the same as your stated pricing comparison below.

I have engaged Periwinkle as my wedding decorator and I'm very sure there any many decorators out there that would have given me better packages. However, I still engage Periwinkle to be part of my big day (I shall rephrase it as the MOST important day of my life) because Karen (one of the person-in-charge) deals with my 'kecoh-ness' through e-mails all the time (as I'm an overseas bride) and she takes my ideas into kind considerations.

At the end of the day, no matter how 'terrible' (I pray hard NOT) the wedding decoration is going to turn out to be on the most important day of my life, I'm bearing all responsiblity (and regret) because it was my call at the end of the day. Nobody to blame except myself. dash2.gif

ps - I do not wish to flood this thread with my comments on the GRADE A flowers so I shall just comment on that sometime later

QUOTE (cashmere @ Jun 17 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My wedding fall on early this year, I engaged Periwinkle design to do my wedding decoration, this is the items we get :

Total RM3000:

1: Backdrop at foyer for taking photo (No Name, 2 fake flower stands, 1 bench for sitting, some yellow cloth on top of the backdrop)

All the items listed above has NO fresh roses. Periwinkle took some decor photos and upload into their BLOG for portfolio.
Well, I would say it is misleading information to potential wedding couples. My Hotel has provide real flowers for VIP Table, Reception. The BLOG portfolio has included other decors especially the real flowers done by Hotel but periwinkle take it as their deco.

on MAY, another couple has a wedding decoration by Periwinkle, package is RM3000, but so much more items than my wedding:

7: VIP Table with chair decor, table flowers deco, and candles.

My overall comment is this decorator's pricing is unfair. Another couple wedding has add on more things than me, backdrop & flower stands, all big big decoration item, and NEW design. I am not an outstation bride, my location at KL.

Now, last few week, my brother got the contact from me and ask them for quotation, even worst :

RM2500:

We are very doubt on the package, so he request for BREAKDOWN, no one reply us for any breakdown.

I want to share my experience with all the brides how i get Con into their package.

Last year, I got the contact from Melanxxx, she told me Periwinkle has a fair at Leisure Mall, so I went to their office at Sri Petaling and inform the guy, I am recommend by Mel, because Mel mention they will give me special price. The guy then inform me to go to sign up at Leisure Mall, and Mel is their good friend, staying walking distance at housing area.

Then I do contact other decoration vendors for quotation. I was undecided on a few decoration vendors. Favour Essense give me budget RM2000, decoration include fresh flower stands. As Mel highly recommended Periwinkle so hubby decide on periwinkle. We inform them our budget is RM2000, they mention can work within our budget, so we confirm the decoration. Weeks later, we want to add on a dome, as i think it is quite nice, and the add on cost us additional to RM3000. Hubby also inform them, our cocktail has no decoration, please add some decoration, and they do not do any decoration for cocktail on wedding day.

The most unsatisfy part for my wedding decoration is.... I notice the white flower for the dome is not nicely done. During quotation, periwinkle told us it is Grade A roses. But if you look at my wedding photo, you will know the flower is not Grade A rose, especially for march in dome, the arrangement is poor.

Another thing, I later found out, all the fake flower use for my wedding decoration, has been used for other couple's weddings, and then recycle for coming weddings. I have seen the both decor & flower use for my wedding, use 4-5 times for other weddings. Now my brother asking for year end quotation, every item are recycle, for few items is RM2500.

My disastifaction is a member who is their good friend highly recommend them to me. Give us misleading information on good pricing, where got!?? My package is so much more expensive then other couple, come with so litttle things, and I got CON of Grade A roses. (Well, i received quote from favour essense can do my fresh flower for decoration only $2000). The props are recycle many times and charge like skyhigh, really making 110% margin!

We do not received the breakdown, we do a rough calculation, if I order fresh flower stands from petaling street, $200 each, 6 flower stands is $1200. Flower arch $600-800. All real flowers are only $1800-2000.

My experience shared. It leaves to your wisdom to decide if this decorator worth for hiring to do recycle decoration for more than $2000, add on 1 item jack $3000!

#197 melanieee

melanieee

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

ophssss... um, i m sorry with the package u got, honestly, if anything that u got is not what u wan, i would apologise.
And to be very frankly the time that periwinkle had promo at leisure mall, i was told that they have a good package, if i have mislead u, i would like to apologise. I am sorry but i just have to explain it again, I DONT GET any commission or benefits frm there.

Like other members, I am here to share.

Coz myself is having 2 wedding and I am paying 3k plus close to 4k for each venue for my deco.
Which i honestly think its worth it after my sister wedding at crystal palm sentul (i have link in picasa )

Yes... I do not wish to flood... I guess I ll end here.
my sincere apologies to u cashmere... for misleading u to periwinkle.
Hope you did not sign up with them.

And to all of you if i did the same thing to u, my apologies...

I am so sorry and I guess I ll shall stop promoting or recommending...
ha... too much of misleading by melanieXX which is me.
and suddenly i felt the arrows are pointing at me...

and I really do not know what to say...

Again, thousand of apologies to everybody that being cheated, mislead by melanieee....

#198 aisumomo

aisumomo

Lovely Lady

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

all dear brides,

do take note that opinions shared by brides here are solely to be used as a guide or outline.
do not expect to get the very same items they received as it may be due to many other factors u are not aware about.
this goes for the same for BS comments on SA services and things given. its always up to u to bargain/demand and finally accept.
if you dont think its a good bargain then its probably coz you're not as good as bargaining..or you signed up at a wrong time when there if no offer etc.
it would be very unwise to blame a bride who shared her recommendation/experience. as i mentioned no 2 person will receive 100% exact same thing/service.
it can be a generalized opinion but at the end of the day its really all very different for each person.

DO always check out their package and discard the i-was-introduced-by-your-other-customer attitude and expect everything to be perfect.
they are after all doing a business and everything was presented to u before hand and u accepted the terms.
on the the part about it not being well done then yes u get to share your views about that.
its like telling a hairstylist introduced by your friend to do your hair for u without telling him before hand you dont like short hair.
at the end of the day if he gives you a short haircut u cant go back n tell your friend her hairstylist is lousy and that she gave a bad recommendation.
her likes n dislikes is different from you. always practice the saying 'independent investigation of the truth'.
make your own decisions based on your own judgment and not others.

#199 melanieee

melanieee

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

Cashmere,

I really felt very bad after reading your incident that is caused by me.
So i came back and try to search for my emails and also MB inbox.
I think you were using another name to communicate with me rite?
Caused this username u r using now jst registered.
I really wanna find out how i misled you -_-!!! So that I dont do it again :p
I really felt very bad... and i felt weird coz I dont stay nearby them -_-~~~
I am staying Kepong actually~

and at the same time was wondering if you mind to share your wedding deco photos with me or rest of brides here?
Or mind to tell me which album in the blog is urs?
I only noticed park royal's wedding, the rest are non hotel... -_-
Um, fion... u r cashmere?

After reading ur comment now I m lil worried as my wedding is this year end...
Yes, deposit paid and i cant just give up on my deposit.
If its really that bad, at least i can use that and remind them again...
to have nice one ... not the one u had...

Once again, my sincere apologies to you cashmere and also thank u in advanced for sharing your deco pic.

#200 Empress

Empress

Lovely Lady

• Queen of Shoutbox
  • PipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

Dear Cashmere,

FYI, I am the ONE AND ONLY MAY BRIDE (which you referred to in paragraph 3 of your post) who engaged Periwinkle Design @ Karen (the PIC) for AD deco but it seems that you know the price better than me although I am the one paying!!! HOW COULD IT BE POSSIBLE???? The total bill for my AD deco is DEFINITELY OF A HIGHER AMOUNT THAN THE RM3,000-00 MENTIONED BY YOU IN YOUR POST unless you are WILLING AND PREPARED TO REIMBURSE ME WITH THE SHORTFALL BETWEEN THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY ME WITH THE AMOUNT MENTIONED BY YOU!!! If not, please verify your statement with care before accusing anyone of being unfair in terms of pricing. sauer2.gif sauer2.gif bruce.gif

Secondly, I really wonder how could it be possible that you have registered as a member in MB just 5 days ago and yet you have actually "COUNSULTED" and "RELYING ON THE ADVICE AND RECOMMENDATIONS" of Melaniee (hereinafter referred to as "Mel") since late last year ie prior to you joining MB as a member??? HOW SPOOKY?? THIS IS REALLY LIKE AN X-FILE! Also, what information that you have relied upon which makes you into believing and claiming that the professional charges for my wedding decoration amounting to RM3,000-00??? I have never received your PM, I have never spoken to you on the phone, I have never communicated with you via SB, MSN, Facebook, e-mail or any other form of online communication .. put it simple, I don't even know your existence until I saw your post in MB. Even my husband and parents didn't know the actual sum as I am the only one dealt with Karen. So how on earth do you come to the figure of RM3,000-00 unless you are closer to me than my husband and even my parents??? dash2.gif

Thirdly, I have actually took the effort to verify your statements with Karen and according to Karen, from Jan 2009 till to-date, she merely has ONE AND ONLY BRIDE having a hotel reception and that bride is DEFINITELY NOT U in view that the bride has just expressed her satisfaction on Karen's work on her AD so what's your explanation? Impersonating? Registering multiple IDs? Not until and unless you can provide some solid evidence that you are indeed the said bride ie quotation by Karen, confirmation of deposit paid, some AD photos or even wedding website, what weight do you carry in the contents of your post? Lame .. lame .. lame explanation sauer2.gif sauer2.gif

I am a bit too lazy to produce a long reply (since I am very hungry now, need to have my dinner ASAP tongue.gif ), so please refer to my reply below in RED (red is my standard colour in MB tongue.gif ) and BOLD:-

QUOTE (cashmere @ Jun 17 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Total RM3000:

[It is stated clearly in the quotation that no fresh flowers will be provided, all flowers for wedding decoration = artificial flowers ... I believe it's inevitable for Karen to snap the deco photo which includes some of the fresh flowers that were provided by the hotel as deco and flowers come hand in hand, unless you are telling me that you posses the skill to snap your own PS photo with full make-up but the outcome is without fake lashes, lipstick, blusher, mascara, eye shadow and etc .. wow that's a miracle!]

[As highlighted in paragraph 1 above, this is referring to ME!!! lol BTW dear, u have missed out lots of item in my wedding deco when you silently read my messages in MB shoutbox lo hohoho .. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ]

4: 1 x Dome for march in [DOME C/W FLORAL DECO AND LIGHTINGS]

7: vip table with chair decor, table flowers deco, and candles

[I can't see what is the unfairness here when I have paid an amount much higher than the amount paid by you. Isn't it fair enough? I always believe you get what you paid.]

[Let me quote a BS package as an example, it is very common for BTB to have different items in a PS package although they are paying the same or similar rate to the same BS ... so is it unfair? Definitely not, it's all depending on your bargaining skill and power.]

RM2500:

[I believe it's rather difficult and troublesome to set out a breakdown for wedding deco especially dealing with a prospective client in the very early stage of a quoation in view that there are many requests for quotation and yet not all requests will eventually become a confirmed transaction. Let me quote an example ie prior to signing a PS package with a BS, will you be able to get the BS to set out a breakdown of your PS bill in detail as to how much is your ID PS, your OD PS, your PS makeup, your PS hair-do, your PS gowns, your AD gowns, your album, your hand bouquet, your car deco and etc it's a simple NO! What a BS can provide for you is a lump sum of RMX for a package with a, b, c, d, e and etc .. same applies to wedding deco, fair enough!]

[If u conscientiously believing that your statements are true and it is proven beyond any reasonable doubt that you have entered into a fraudulent transaction due to any misrepresentation on the part of the service provider, you may produce the sufficient evidence and lodge a report of claim with the consumer claims tribunal in view that the quantum of your claim is relatively low but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.]

[Further to my reply in paragraph 2 above in relation to the spooky X-File issue, Mel is definitely not staying within a walking distance from Karen's office unless (i) you have misinterpreted the so-called "the guy's" statement; or (ii) you are saying that Mel is actually participating in a 42km full marathon race ... lol .. laugh.gif ]

[Is there any problem that those artificial flowers are being recycled? There is no provision in the quotation that states the artificial flowers will not be recycled and in any event if the artificial flowers are not meant to be recycled, then what is the purpose of using artificial flowers? As well use fresh flowers right?] dash2.gif dash2.gif

[Do u mean Mel? Spooky X-File again!! Please be reminded that even though you have been a MB member for merely FIVE (5) DAYS, there are hundreds and thousands of recommendations in MB, does it mean you have to read and follow those recommendations blindly? Did Mel put you under any form of duress to enter into a service contract with Karen?

BTW, please get it right, the flowers = artificial flowers and not what con grade a roses ... well, not a problem that you got the term wrong ... boleh dimaafkan ... for recycle issue, please refer to the relevant paragraph stated hereinbefore.]

#201 blurcheryl

blurcheryl

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (Empress @ Jun 22 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Cashmere,

FYI, I am the ONE AND ONLY MAY BRIDE (which you referred to in paragraph 3 of your post) who engaged Periwinkle Design @ Karen (the PIC) for AD deco but it seems that you know the price better than me although I am the one paying!!! HOW COULD IT BE POSSIBLE???? The total bill for my AD deco is DEFINITELY OF A HIGHER AMOUNT THAN THE RM3,000-00 MENTIONED BY YOU IN YOUR POST unless you are WILLING AND PREPARED TO REIMBURSE ME WITH THE SHORTFALL BETWEEN THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY ME WITH THE AMOUNT MENTIONED BY YOU!!! If not, please verify your statement with care before accusing anyone of being unfair in terms of pricing. sauer2.gif sauer2.gif bruce.gif

Dear Cashmere,

I am one of Periwinkle customer too. Melanie is the one who introduce me to her. and I feel so grateful that she did. Even though I do not know they are friends, but who cares? friends or not, when you received the quotation, you have your own brain to judge whether the quote is acceptable to you or not, and whether you agree to the terms and the price of everything.

For my case, due to budget contraint, I can tell you, I called Karen so many times for 3-4 months straight, and I know i keep on ask her include this and that, tell her my ideas, negotiate the price, ask the same question again and again. Never once Karen loose her temper on me and she keep on coming back to me, call me to confirm i received her sms or quote by email. After all the hassle bustle, I only confirm with her the Dome Arch and I can tell you I totally love it, and they are the ppl who standby with their words. I need not worry anything. I only confirm with her 2 days before my AD, and even my cheque to her was written wrongly and she wasn't able to bank it in. She did not even call to scold me, or anything. After 2 to 3 weeks only she ask me to resend her another cheque with correct name.

FYI, as a matter of fact after my negotiation with her, I really got a good price from her. But as a matter of ethics, I do not post my price in any of the forum here. Other brides can nego with her, In fact most of her price is actually standard, and minus give and take. FYI, I checked at Petaling Street, renting a Flower Arch which also use so many times already, I have to Pay RM500 for the arch, with RM200 deposit summore, transport the arch myself, install it myself, no lighting summo, and then after the dinner, send it back to the shop the next day. All the hassle bustle, and possibility of penalty fee from the shop.. I think periwinkle price for me is the best I can get, including lighting for me, and 2 beautiful wedding bear. Its is so worth it!!!!!! Then again won't tell the price here.

Oh, by the way if you are looking for fresh flowers decoration, and the same quality and romantically done by Periwinkle, You have to pay way way more than what Periwinkle has offer you. Do you know the price of fresh Grade A flowers? 1 stalk of A grade White rose cost about RM3-3.50. And you need not need one, including decorating it, designing it, just the flower will cost you Thousands, unless you are the importer of flowers directly.

QUOTE (Empress @ Jun 22 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[It is stated clearly in the quotation that no fresh flowers will be provided, all flowers for wedding decoration = artificial flowers ... I believe it's inevitable for Karen to snap the deco photo which includes some of the fresh flowers that were provided by the hotel as deco and flowers come hand in hand, unless you are telling me that you posses the skill to snap your own PS photo with full make-up but the outcome is without fake lashes, lipstick, blusher, mascara, eye shadow and etc .. wow that's a miracle!]

So totally agree to CY on this!! Didn't you read in the quotation properly? They never mention fresh flower right? Did you not ask her?

Talking about fairness here, You can also apply yourself to BS shopping. If you do not nego, you get
less gown, less photo, higher price, etc. Same applies to your wedding decor.

#202 evelynsaw

evelynsaw

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

panda1020

just to share with you, at a wedding of a close friend last saturday, she printed a very big backdrop with her wedding logo.. and put it up with a stand, like a professional photo studio... so her guest can take photo with her before entering the wedding banquet..

it was very nice~ if you are interested i can ask her to share her vendor with you.

QUOTE (panda1020 @ May 29 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

i m planning to have 3 huge boards that display our sweet time and story at registration area. (use for photo taking background as well). It could be the materials used for promotion campaign/display or some others. Anyone can recommend me vendors for this?

This is still a rough idea and i wish i can find some vendors to discuss bout material,size,printing quality, budget, how to set up and etc so that i can have a clearer picture of it..

Thank you very much for your help.. wub.gif

#203 panda1020

panda1020

Lovely Lady

• Advance Member
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

evelynsaw,

Yes!! Can you share with me her/ vendor's contact?

i almost dropped this idea already > <...luckily u have the piece of info..thanks for your help wub.gif

#204 evelynsaw

evelynsaw

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:46 AM

panda1020

you are welcome! i'll ask her tomorrow and then PM you the contact yaaaa

QUOTE (panda1020 @ Jun 23 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
evelynsaw,

Yes!! Can you share with me her/ vendor's contact?

i almost dropped this idea already > <...luckily u have the piece of info..thanks for your help wub.gif

#205 dorlisa

dorlisa

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hi babes,

can anyone suggest me which florist is reasonable charge. I am lookin for simple deco not kwa cheong, coz i am on a budget. :(

My weddin dinner will b in noble house, medium size place. Am lookin for someone to do my main table centrepiece, and stil unsure should i decorate the rest of the 20tables. Your advice will be highly appreciated. :)

#206 aisumomo

aisumomo

Lovely Lady

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

dorlisa, dont bother wasting $$ on the guest tables if ur on a budget.
the reason being...all the deco arrangements on guest table will be taken away before the dinner starts so they can place the food.
the main table is still ok since they serve individual portions so they wont touch the deco in the middle.

#207 momiji

momiji

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

Hi,

If you are on tight budget yet want some nice decoration, should consider Lynnda, a freelance florist/decorator. Her rate is more competitive compared to those established one. Her work is good as well.

Here is her portfolio:-
http://lynndaspretty...s.blogspot.com/

#208 silence

silence

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (aisumomo @ Jun 29 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the reason being...all the deco arrangements on guest table will be taken away before the dinner starts so they can place the food.
the main table is still ok since they serve individual portions so they wont touch the deco in the middle.

yeah...you are right...agree! wub.gif

#209 blurcheryl

blurcheryl

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (aisumomo @ Jun 29 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree too,
perhaps decor at the entrance area or reception area romantically display
your photo album and have a section for photo taking?
But then with budget constraint, Noble house decor already good lar,
save all ur money for Honey moon lor.

its either Splash or keep all.. as ur venue already have simple decor for wedding.

#210 momojojo09

momojojo09

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (dorlisa @ Jun 29 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi babes,

can anyone suggest me which florist is reasonable charge. I am lookin for simple deco not kwa cheong, coz i am on a budget. :(

My weddin dinner will b in noble house, medium size place. Am lookin for someone to do my main table centrepiece, and stil unsure should i decorate the rest of the 20tables. Your advice will be highly appreciated. :)

Hi Dorlisa,

I have engaged Favorsessence as my wedding decorator. Their promotion package now is RM2000.00nett, inclusive of main table, 6 X flower aisle stands,reception tables & 6 corsages. That's some photos sent by Agnes(favorsessence's incharge person) to me. She told me that they are using fresh flowers for all the decor. I think their pricing are very reasonable. tongue.gif

Momojojo