meiteoh

Weight loss/slimming program recommendations

So far, have been reading about specific places (like Mayfair and etc) and then the thread changes to some other place so difficult to keep track.

I'm on the lookout for slimming programs to go for (soon) but I'd like to compile a list of places and see what people think about them (package, treatment, results, customer service and additional info/warning).

- Mayfair

- Unisense

- Marie France

- Cenesis (sp?) - need to go home and check that ad

- Terminee

If you have some to add to the list, please let me know.

I tried free trial of London Weight Management... its not cheap... 20 sessions is like RM5k... i didnt take it becos i feel uneasy. Just sleep like tat and they do stuff on me and then voila i will lose weight... just feel very very not confident with their method... So i decided to go for personal training (exercise) instead...

Before I take up this personal training, I lost 11kg by taking Totalife... it is some kinda meal replacement... i took like for 2-3 mths... and i lost 11kg hehee... but u have to be very determine... Totalife is about RM200++ a week... so its like RM1k++ a mth...

my doctor recommended reductil. its a pill to reduce ur appetite and increase metabolism. u have to take 1 pill a day and it costs abt rm270 for 4 weeks (ie abt rm10 per pill). u can't get it at any pharmacy cos it has to be prescribed by the doctor.

depending on individual, can lose about 5 kg a month. i lost about 1kg in 1 month cos i dun exercise and i dun fully watch what i eat (i still eat ice-cream and all).

in a way i feel that this is better than going to slimming centres cos slimming centres cost way too much and they are pushy with their sales and packages. also, i think it is healthier to lose 1 kg a month than a sudden lost of 5kg...

however, i would advise that u take the pill to help u achieve a healthier lifestyle, meaning to curb ur appetite and taking up a healthy regime and exercising to maintain instead of taking the pill for long term.

there are side effects to the pill like drying up (especially lips area) and having bad breath :P but different ppl may have different side effects. the one mentioned are the common ones.

anyone interested can pm me for my doctor's details and u can get it directly from him.

bubpeb: One of my friends got it without a presciption. And it's RM170 plus for 10mg (28 pills) and RM270 for 15mg (28 pills). Weird huh? ^.~

oo.. i took the 15mg for rm270. cos more effective :P

i did try to get it without prescription but either the pharmacy dun have it or they dun sell unless there is prescription.

anyway, my doc sort of monitors me taking the pill. if he thinks its sufficient, he dun allow me to buy. so i think its good cos at least he is aware of wat i am taking.

where did ur friend get it? :P

my doctor recommended reductil. its a pill to reduce ur appetite and increase metabolism. u have to take 1 pill a day and it costs abt rm270 for 4 weeks (ie abt rm10 per pill). u can't get it at any pharmacy cos it has to be prescribed by the doctor.

depending on individual, can lose about 5 kg a month. i lost about 1kg in 1 month cos i dun exercise and i dun fully watch what i eat (i still eat ice-cream and all).

in a way i feel that this is better than going to slimming centres cos slimming centres cost way too much and they are pushy with their sales and packages. also, i think it is healthier to lose 1 kg a month than a sudden lost of 5kg...

however, i would advise that u take the pill to help u achieve a healthier lifestyle, meaning to curb ur appetite and taking up a healthy regime and exercising to maintain instead of taking the pill for long term.

there are side effects to the pill like drying up (especially lips area) and having bad breath :P but different ppl may have different side effects. the one mentioned are the common ones.

anyone interested can pm me for my doctor's details and u can get it directly from him.

tell me the details of the doctor. thanks.

actually currenlty i am planning to sign on the course at marie france or terimee now, is about rm3.3k. i have serious problem of over-weight.

My friend went to the doc first and then the pharmacy. At the pharmacy, she was told that actually no need prescription oso can get.

Anyway, since I started this thread, I went through a number of "weight-loss" methods and succumbed to my friend's brainwashing. I am on Reductil too but I don't intend to stay on it for more than two to three months.

I actually started on this one week ago; am taking the 10mg dose and I got it from the pharmacy near my place - I was advised to monitor my BP and pulse because one of the side effects is an increase in BP and pulse. Reductil is a cousin of ampthemines and so mimics drugs like esctasy but in a very much lower and controlled dose. It increases the body's metabolic rate - explains symptoms like hot flushes, thirsty and etc - as well as help surpress the urge to munch all the time.

So far, I've lost about 1.5 kg and about two inches. I have no symptoms whatsoever and I watch what I eat - low carb, low fat diet (no rice at night, etc, etc) and I exercise for at least 20 mins three times a week.

You can read about my progress here.

meiteoh,

i just read ur blog (very neat stuff u got there!!) but @ 58kg to start, I don't think you're too far off the charts. Plus you've worked out b4 too... I was around 56kg when I was at my heaviest I think, maybe more, I'm not sure. I am now around 47kg but I am tempted to try Reductil also when I go home in 1wk+ time.

Nevertheless, I am always an advocate for employing healthy habits such as eating right and working out. I would discourage using any form of drugs to "enhance" weight-loss but I still have problem areas at this current weight. Frankly speaking, its not my weight that bothers me, its my porky legs, jiggly belly and triceps that have a tendency to turn into "bye-bye meat" if I slack off even for just a little bit from my tricep dips, etc.

The truth is, there's nobody out there who is 100% perfect right? I don't even know what I'm chasing anymore lately, I blame it on the wedding jitters, but deep down inside, I know that ultimately I'm just a worry-wart who is paranoid about everything...

Anyway, I say keep up the good work, but perhaps stay off Reductil if possible.

Yeah...me know, Christine...for me, it's because of the wedding and everything - parents included. =.= But yeah, thanks for the reminder! XD

I'm hoping to lose some inches, get off it asap and maintain my weight/figure on my own from thereon.

i went to unisense b4 i get married, erm.. c result after paid so much.. a bit regret. cos it wil not c result after 1 sesion, u hav to pay and pay. after 1 months, my body like a yoyo, cos i gain weight again. im so upset and ask around my fren, one of my fren is doing direct selling and she ask me to eat their product, at first im actually entertain her because she is my close fren, but after tat i really slim down and i not only lost weight but fat, they hav a machine tat can measure your body fat, amaging..!! the most important is after 1 yr, i still maintain my weight.. :P

i'd signed up with Beyond Beauty but havent try yet...hehhe. I am 5'6" and weigh about 58kg. Doesnt look fat...but i used to weigh only 50kg...so i tink i am just being self-conscious. lolx.

i went to unisense b4 i get married, erm.. c result after paid so much.. a bit regret. cos it wil not c result after 1 sesion, u hav to pay and pay. after 1 months, my body like a yoyo, cos i gain weight again. im so upset and ask around my fren, one of my fren is doing direct selling and she ask me to eat their product, at first im actually entertain her because she is my close fren, but after tat i really slim down and i not only lost weight but fat, they hav a machine tat can measure your body fat, amaging..!! the most important is after 1 yr, i still maintain my weight.. :P

Hi Yoki,

May I know what is the name of the direct selling product? Thank you.

i tried unisense about 3 years ago. spent close to 5k but if u're not motivated to do any exercise and cut down on food, the end result would be a total 3 kg lost after 3 months. but then, it's just me la.

i've been drinking phhp's fibre mix the last 2 months and have gone down 5kgs and 1 month's supply is less then RM170. no bad breath or dizziness. just drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and dun mind visiting the ladies once/twice at most a day. it comes in a box of 14 packets which u mix with warm water. i drink it before i sleep and it take approximately 8 hours to cleanse the internal bowel system and flush out fat for me. tastes like very coursely mixed sour plum drink. hehehe.

if u want more information, u can email / pm me.

i tried unisense about 3 years ago. spent close to 5k but if u're not motivated to do any exercise and cut down on food, the end result would be a total 3 kg lost after 3 months. but then, it's just me la.

i've been drinking phhp's fibre mix the last 2 months and have gone down 5kgs and 1 month's supply is less then RM170. no bad breath or dizziness. just drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and dun mind visiting the ladies once/twice at most a day. it comes in a box of 14 packets which u mix with warm water. i drink it before i sleep and it take approximately 8 hours to cleanse the internal bowel system and flush out fat for me. tastes like very coursely mixed sour plum drink. hehehe.

if u want more information, u can email / pm me.

hi jamieoh,

what does "phhp" stands for? it's in powder form? where do you get those? direct selling products? do you have the picture on how the packaging looks like? i dun wanna go slimming center but yet wanna loose lotsa inches...

my email is rosayee@hotmail.com

thanks for sharing :)

hi.i'm new here. & i would like 2 share something. i went to london weight management b4. at first i thought jz wanna try the free trial promotion..but finally trapped by the sweet-talking consultant. *sigh* it cost me rm1800 for 5 treatments (student price wor..)..but the saddest part is, i didn't lose any kg after all the treatments..so i'm not confident with london anymore..plus it makes me wasted my 1.8k..so sad..

babyJab

I went to Marie France before, cost me RM 17k!!! Didn't really work for me, and it was so much suffering, especially the cold blanket.. will not recommend to anyone.. tried various ways of slimming.. slimming centres, pills, u name it... I'm now on a program which is supposed to be a "holistic" approach.. not sure whether it's truly "holistic" but been losing weight, lost about 4.5kg and I'm happy with it.. it's a combination of supplements, eating a balanced diet and exercising (once a week, if I remember.. :P)... it's a program recommended by a Thai lady.. she lost from 81kg to 50kg in 2 years... So I'm just following whatever she does.. her counterpart in KL monitors me for all these, and I get the supplements from her also, US product. If anyone wants to know more, PM me and I'll pass you the contact number.. Good luck in losing weight!

I went to Marie France before, cost me RM 17k!!! Didn't really work for me, and it was so much suffering, especially the cold blanket.. will not recommend to anyone.. tried various ways of slimming.. slimming centres, pills, u name it... I'm now on a program which is supposed to be a "holistic" approach.. not sure whether it's truly "holistic" but been losing weight, lost about 4.5kg and I'm happy with it.. it's a combination of supplements, eating a balanced diet and exercising (once a week, if I remember.. :P )... it's a program recommended by a Thai lady.. she lost from 81kg to 50kg in 2 years... So I'm just following whatever she does.. her counterpart in KL monitors me for all these, and I get the supplements from her also, US product. If anyone wants to know more, PM me and I'll pass you the contact number.. Good luck in losing weight!

marytham,

wah!*shock!!* 17k wor..

u so 'seh-tak' to pay so much..really have to salute u..haha..

i'm glad that u found ur own way to lose weight..*so happy 4 u..* initially i was thinking wanna sign up at marie france bodyline (since there are so many celebrities back-up them)..but the price is stopping me haih..moreover dunno really works or not..

what do u think about mayfair currenty? seems like having promotions but there's no mayfair center around my area..i read from mags & newspapers..

i went to Cenosis, wasted around 5k, but lost oni 1kg..

can i just go to the pharmacy and tell them i wan reductil without the prescription?

some of you says its ok, but some of you mentioned that i need the doc's prescription.

how heavy should i weigh b4 the doc will recommend me to get reductil?

i went to Cenosis, wasted around 5k, but lost oni 1kg..

can i just go to the pharmacy and tell them i wan reductil without the prescription?

some of you says its ok, but some of you mentioned that i need the doc's prescription.

how heavy should i weigh b4 the doc will recommend me to get reductil?

Not sure about this but I do not have any good feeling when it comes to slimming pills. Why don't you try something else like Herbalife? I heard that it is very effective. At least it is a supplement instead of a slimming product.

yeah i tried Herbalife too. Dutch Chocolate flavour something. mix wif some protein powder, den some tea mix = =

hate it!!!

yeah i tried Herbalife too. Dutch Chocolate flavour something. mix wif some protein powder, den some tea mix = =

hate it!!!

aiyoh! You want to slim down, gotto tahan loh! You spend lots of $$$ on slimming centre also == hate it :P

hi.i'm new here. & i would like 2 share something. i went to london weight management b4. at first i thought jz wanna try the free trial promotion..but finally trapped by the sweet-talking consultant. *sigh* it cost me rm1800 for 5 treatments (student price wor..)..but the saddest part is, i didn't lose any kg after all the treatments..so i'm not confident with london anymore..plus it makes me wasted my 1.8k..so sad..

babyJab

Hi Baby Jab,

U sure kena london weight management ketuk alrdy. I took there b4, RM1.8k for 10 times & free 1 time cos my fren sign the package after me. 2 yrs alrdy now still got 5 times balance. It was so suffer to have the treatment .. hate it..

At last i slim down by control diet, cut off all the tibits & supper. Before i took PS, 2 mths i slim down ard 8kg. Until my AD (5 mth) i slim down 13kg

Regards

Xiaoposh