xiao_lambie

Chinese restaurant - Muar

Dear Brides to be,

Please help to recommend some chinese restaurants with good food, service and setting to host a chinese wedding banquet in Muar. :rolleyes:

Cheers ;)

Hi,

I am from Muar. I have make booking at Xin Xin Xiao Shi. Think a lot Muar people book there.. coz when i make booking, popular date are all fuly booked. Hope my infor can help you.

shuangmulim

hi, my hubby is from Muar also, we are booking Star's Restaurant (Xing Xing Xiao Shi) also. I heard that is very good too, just as shuangmulim said. I went there for food trial last week, was quite okie.

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your reply. :)

In fact, last sat, i went back to Muar to attend my brother-in-law's wedding at Xin Xin's restuarant. His wedding banquet was on the 2nd floor of the dark glass building.

Many guest and i were totally disgusted by the food, service and venue that night. The food was not fresh, the waiters were inefficient and the venue has a mouldy sour smell.

My bro-in-law booked that place as they mentioned that it was one of the best place in Muar to host a wedding dinner as food was supposed to be good.

Before his wedding, my mother-in-law even wanted to place booking with the restaurant for our wedding next dec.

That night, the restaurant also catered to 3 to 4 other weddings. This could be the reason why the food and service were bad.

Now, i'm totally confused which other restaurant/ hotel to book for my wedding banquet next year. :huh:

Since you are staying there, do you know of other banquet venues which are nice? If so, please advice.

Btw, i had checked out the ballroom of classic hotel. The hotel staff told me that the food is served by the chinese restaurant at the hotel (lotus restaurant).

Have you attended any wedding banquet at classic hotel ballroom and how's the food?

distressed...

hi xiao lambie,

gosh, what a bad experience u had...i am afraid i cant help u recommend any places in muar as i am not from muar, only my FH. however, if u prefer a better ambience, i think classic hotel is the best hotel in muar as i know. as for food, i am not too sure about it...

Aiyo, i feel kinda worried after your comments about xin xin, my banquet will be next saturday there...i do hope it will not turn out as bad as u describe for your bro-in laws..:(

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your reply. :)

In fact, last sat, i went back to Muar to attend my brother-in-law's wedding at Xin Xin's restuarant. His wedding banquet was on the 2nd floor of the dark glass building.

Many guest and i were totally disgusted by the food, service and venue that night. The food was not fresh, the waiters were inefficient and the venue has a mouldy sour smell.

My bro-in-law booked that place as they mentioned that it was one of the best place in Muar to host a wedding dinner as food was supposed to be good.

Before his wedding, my mother-in-law even wanted to place booking with the restaurant for our wedding next dec.

That night, the restaurant also catered to 3 to 4 other weddings. This could be the reason why the food and service were bad.

Now, i'm totally confused which other restaurant/ hotel to book for my wedding banquet next year. :huh:

Since you are staying there, do you know of other banquet venues which are nice? If so, please advice.

Btw, i had checked out the ballroom of classic hotel. The hotel staff told me that the food is served by the chinese restaurant at the hotel (lotus restaurant).

Have you attended any wedding banquet at classic hotel ballroom and how's the food?

distressed...

Hi faith,

it'll be good if your family can be there early to ask them to switch on the aircon and spray the air freshener at least 3 hours before the dinner starts.

The restuarant only starts to switch on the aircon 2 hour before the dinner and only start to spray the air freshener just before the commencement of the dinner (when the crowd is in and the smell gets stronger).

You can also go to the restaurant a few days before your wedding and brief them on the service and food.

I hope by highlighting to them in advance, they will make an effort to be better. :)

Hi Shangmulim,

Since you are staying in muar, can you please advise me whether the food at Classic hotel is good? If you know of any good place for wedding banquet, please also inform me. We dont need too big a place for the banquet since it's mainly for my hubby's family and relatives. I dont have much relatives in Malaysia.

Hi, i book Xin Xin Xiao Shi also because my family members include my sisters also mentioned that is the best place. I went attend wedding dinner once only at upstair also but the environment not so good as there are 2 couples having dinner at same time. Thus, i book downstair as the stage is bigger and can only occupied 1 couple only. As for Classic Hotel, i never been to there so no comments for that but for sure hotel environment must be much more romantic ...food have to be careful lo coz hotel always good at service but not for food.

shuangmulim

xiao lambie,

thanks for the suggestions....:) anyway, will let my hubby know. as for the food etc, maybe i can give u some feedback as my banquet will be next saturday...when is your AD?

i had to book upstairs coz the number of my tables is 50 over and the downstairs was booked on the same day:( i think downstairs looks nicer actually...:(

if given a choice, i rather choose hotel than restaurant. i had another reception last week in a restaurant in my hometown and the environment etc sucked. The food was okie only but..it was noisy, totally unromantic and no one paid any attention to the entertainment i provided. Worse still my food presentation came out late and i was fuming mad. My sister had hers in a hotel last year and the ambience was much, much better.....

Hi Faith,

May i know what is the max and min no. of tables that Xing Xing restaurant ground floor can accomodate?

I agreed with you that the ground floor was better as it didnt seem to have the smell as upstair one.

We have not decided on the date of the wedding banquet. Should be from mid to end of dec 08.

Since we are not staying there, therefore we will want to find out more about the banquet venues at Muar early.

hi xiao lambie,

my FH said max number is 40 tables. as for minimum he said he doesnt know.

also, my FH is employing an outside sound crew for us as he said xing xing the sound system not that good

faith

quote name='xiao_lambie' date='Nov 25 2007, 10:04 PM' post='125484']

Hi Faith,

May i know what is the max and min no. of tables that Xing Xing restaurant ground floor can accomodate?

I agreed with you that the ground floor was better as it didnt seem to have the smell as upstair one.

We have not decided on the date of the wedding banquet. Should be from mid to end of dec 08.

Since we are not staying there, therefore we will want to find out more about the banquet venues at Muar early.

Hi faith / Shuangmulim,

May i know where to source for make-up artist and photographer in Muar? as i'm not going to take up any package with the bridal boutique in Muar.

If you have any good recommendation on the make-up artist and photographer/ videographer in Muar, please share with me. If you have their quotes, please also email me at xiaolambie@gmail.com.

Thanks =)

hi, xiao lambie,

My make up artist is is from Batu Pahat. Her name is Anna and few brides in this forum have tried her and said she's good. She can travel to Muar if u want to as she has travelled as far as KL too. Let me know if u want her contact. She can provide accessories etc also. As for photograher, i am not sure as my photographer is from Penang.

Faith

Hi faith / Shuangmulim,

May i know where to source for make-up artist and photographer in Muar? as i'm not going to take up any package with the bridal boutique in Muar.

If you have any good recommendation on the make-up artist and photographer/ videographer in Muar, please share with me. If you have their quotes, please also email me at xiaolambie@gmail.com.

Thanks =)

Aikss .. I guess this problem is happened everywhere.

I still remember, few years ago I accompany my mum to attend a wedding dinner (invitation from our neighbor) and that night has 4 wed couples .. service damn lousy, slow .. very very slow and they used the red low quality plastic chairs for us :angry: ok, not only that the dishes? ahhhh .. :blink: make me sick! they were COLD!!! Steamed fish = cold steamed fish .. yuck!!

I told my mum, I will never ever using this restaurant, so bad! by the way I'm from Kuching :D

So the conclusion is ..

If that is the HOT DATE, please be ready to have lousy service and lousy food, I'm sure the food will taste diff compared to AD. Unless you have it at hotel but be ready, hotel will also give you lousy food. Another bad experience, attended a wed in a 5 star hotel (Kuching as well), that night has nearly 100 tables (only 1 couples) guess what? FOOD DAMN LOUSY!!! :blink:

So I told my FH, if our AD is the so call HOT DATE, ok, we will have our dinner on the following day as I don't want to give lousy service and lousy food to our guests. I know my father will not be happy (including my siblings, sienz!) but I don't care, I will not want to hold the dinner on the STUPID HOT DATE! hahaha .. I'm so bad ah :P

Hi Faith,

Please pass me the contact(mobile & email) of the make-up artist. Thanks.

Btw, do share with me your photos at the dinner too. I would love to see your makeup and hair-do by Anna. =)

Hope you had a great wedding! =)

Hi Beautifulgown,

Thanks for the advice. How do we know when are the hot dates for wedding? Cos auspicious dates for some, may not be auspicious for others. Please advise. Thanks =)

Hi Shungmulim,

Faith has given me Anna's contact. Her contact is 012-7712690.

If u want to see Faith's photos, u can check out the photographer's website at :

http://wedding.whizarts.com/blog

(look for ee chien and chek sing)

Hope it helps.

Btw, my in law has suggested another wedding banquet venue called 新奇珍 restaurant near(马hua公会). Since you are a local there, do you have any idea whether the food and service there is good? Please advise. thanks :)

hi xiaolambie and shuangmulim,

I will be posting some of my dinner make up and my day make up on my website once i get them from photographer. will inform u then.