I went to a streamstress recommended by the forum for the cheong sam, she quoted me RM800. What really turned me off is she does not render a professional service, as in she is sooo interested for your to pay her today(my first meeting with her) that when I told her I need to think about it, she just left me in my seat and walked off!!:( Anyone has better person to recommend me?

TQ

My tailor charged me a very very affordable price, so affordable that I have forgotten it and all I know is that it was dirt cheap!!! I didn't want anything flashy, more traditional so I just bought some cheongsam material from Kamdar (yes, unbelievable huh?) and got her to sew it in a traditional design. Here's a pic of the outfit (please ignore my HB):

2901413744_0c38b34be9.jpg

More pics & details here.

Hi Naviakim,

I would recommend my gown designer beeke_e@yahoo.com

U chk with her 1st...

she charged very affordable.

Its depend on the fabric u used....

She charged a wormanship fee of RM400, i would estimate the fabric abt RM150-200 only.

So max abt RM600 for 1 cheongsam.

She will design for u according to ur preferences of cheongsam and advise which will make u look the best.....

She is a freelance evening gown designer for a SG boutique. She stays at PJ and work on clients recommended by her current clients.

If u wanna c her work, just PM me. I had my fren who recommended my gown designer to me's wedding photos whereby she wore 1 WG & 1 cheongsam made by this gown designer.

I had ordered for MTM by this gown designer 2 WG, 1 cheongsam & 1 short dress for my PS & AD ady.

Hope u will find ur dream cheongsam.

Naviakim,

i went to the seamstress that did meiteoh's baju nyonya, Mrs Gan, her office is @ Seapark. She quoted me RM90 for labour only. I bought my own fabric + other accesories, all in maybe about RM150. Will be getting my qipao mid of Oct, will post it if u wanna see...

hi naviakim

i've tailored one cheongsam (quite a modern design) from this tailor whose shop is between Armada hotel and Overseas restaurant in PJ. Her shop is located at the lorong that leads to the restaurant from the hotel. At first she charged me RM800 but I negotiated for discounts and she gave me only 20% discount. So altogether i paid RM780 for that cheongsam. The tailor's attitude is pretty ok. The amount of deposit to pay is up to us to decide. I think her name is Mdm Lee. Quite a busy woman. She will give you suggestions of what to wear and which kinda cheongsam designs suit your body shapes. You can try surveying this shop if you like.

Hope this helps

sfgoh

I went to a streamstress recommended by the forum for the cheong sam, she quoted me RM800. What really turned me off is she does not render a professional service, as in she is sooo interested for your to pay her today(my first meeting with her) that when I told her I need to think about it, she just left me in my seat and walked off!!:( Anyone has better person to recommend me?

TQ

Ceetee, how is she??? Her price is unbelievable huh? Anyway, do send my regards to her and don't forget to take pics of your baju!!! :)

Girls, thank you sooo much for all your support. Now, can I do a survey on where did you guys bought the materials?

I went to Kamdar midvalley(range is little), Euromoda(very keng, but dont have those chinese type of fabric that mei teoh wore).

So bring it on, tell me where did you guys got your fabric

I got mine at Kamdar SS2 - I actually bought a lot of cheongsam fabrics - about four different types. One of my friends who wore a white cheongsam for her wedding bought her fabric from this shop at Petaling Street - they have a lot of choices but are more expensive. Maybe you can try there - sorry, I forgot the name of the place.

Mabel,

Mrs Gan is great!!! Not only good workmanship, price is reasonable + she does provide ideas as well.... I just got my ROM dress today, only RM66 for her labour + extra accessories charges....

Naviakim,

I got my fabric from Nagoya, Carrefour Subang Jaya. They hav a wide varieties + cheap!!!

this is the dress she made, maybe can see her workmanship....

DSCN2096.jpgDSCN2092.jpg

Ceetee, that looks lovely on you - macam belle of the ball! Y'know, my neighbour makes all her new bajus with her, every year without fail. This woman has been in this business for more than 30 years, wei...I like her coz she's super friendly and yeah, she gives you ideas and tells you what will work with your body shape and stuff as well. :)

Ceetee, that looks lovely on you - macam belle of the ball! Y'know, my neighbour makes all her new bajus with her, every year without fail. This woman has been in this business for more than 30 years, wei...I like her coz she's super friendly and yeah, she gives you ideas and tells you what will work with your body shape and stuff as well. :)

Mabel/meiteoh,

Ur red qipao is so pretty and u look very elegant~~! I luv ur kebaya dress...very very special.

Can you be so kind to PM me your tailor's details? coz i wanna make a chinese collar qipao for my AD dinner too ^.^!

Ceetee,

Ur ROM dress so cute n pretty~!! I luv the top part whr thr's a light soft blue ribbon thr :) is so pretty~~

Thanks, thanks! My tailor's contact details are on my wedding website - nilandmabel.thescarfer.net - you should be able to find details there!

Mabel, Kathy,

thx very much for the compliment.... :)

the top portion is Mrs. Gan's idea.... my mom & aunts also like it so much.... and it's very fitting, better than any dress i tailored b4.... the whole dress, with fabric + labour is < RM100..... lol

Mabel,

I'm bringing more ppl to Mrs. Gan, i tailored 3, my granny, mom, aunts, sis, cousin... all in 12 orders.... i think she's scared to get my calls already....

Kathy,

Do call her to book a slot if yours is urgent, she's pretty busy now with CNY order....

Wah CT, thats lovely....

anyway, where is the tailor lady ah....

my mum have a nice cloth with beads (a present from her cousin long time ago from Vietnam) so she keep asking me want to MTM any baju with the cloths or not.... so thinking is it easy to get there???

Wah CT, thats lovely....

anyway, where is the tailor lady ah....

my mum have a nice cloth with beads (a present from her cousin long time ago from Vietnam) so she keep asking me want to MTM any baju with the cloths or not.... so thinking is it easy to get there???

juvannise,

Mrs. Gan office is at Sea Park, PJ.

HAHAHAH! I think she was scared of me also when I was around coz I made like four kebayas and four cheongsams with her, and my mum made A LOT of baju with her somemore. :P

sea park.. still ok oh.. since my sis house in kelana jaya....

will drop by there soon when i go there.. mine still ok la. since i will let her a full 6 month to deal with my order.. hahaha....

u guys sounds like bully her with all this load of orders!!!!! :D

juvannise,

thx for the compliment.

She is very friendly... do let me know when u wanna go, i can PM u her number.

Mabel,

i think she has to thank u so much for 'bringing' her to this forum.... hehehe :P

Genie,

there are other seamstress else where, but the service and charges vary.... keep searching.... :)

Hi to all, I should say thanks to meiteoh for introducing Mrs Gan. After I saw meiteoh's picture, I decided to wear Cheongsam for my wedding banquet.I've went to Kamdar SS2, Nagoya Subang Jaya and Wangsa Maju, Kamdar and Nagoya in Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman and also Jalan Masjid India to search for cheongsam fabric and also bridal gown fabric. Very tiring……. Among all I think Kamdar has more choices on cheongsam fabric. As for Nagoya, they dun hav much choices but with a much lower price (RM14.80/M)(the fabric is not as good as Kamdar's one) compared to Kamdar(RM38/M)(but now got 20% discount). I prefer Kamdar as they have many red color fabric, suitable for wedding and other big occasions, as u know, Chinese likes red. For Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, there are so so many fabric shop in that area, selling a lot kinds of fabrics. Most ppl prefer to go ther coz they can compare the price and at the same time having more choices.

Oops, back to Mrs Gan. I went to her house last week to bring her the cheongsam fabric. She is a nice, friendly and easygoing person. We even chat for the whole afternoon. She was surprised when i told her that i came to her because of this website. Then she realised why all of the sudden so many ppl come to her. She charged RM80-100 for the workmanship, which I considered is so so so cheap. I'll take my cheongsam at the end of Nov. Maybe can share with u guys at that time.

Hi to all, I should say thanks to meiteoh for introducing Mrs Gan. After I saw meiteoh's picture, I decided to wear Cheongsam for my wedding banquet.I've went to Kamdar SS2, Nagoya Subang Jaya and Wangsa Maju, Kamdar and Nagoya in Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman and also Jalan Masjid India to search for cheongsam fabric and also bridal gown fabric. Very tiring……. Among all I think Kamdar has more choices on cheongsam fabric. As for Nagoya, they dun hav much choices but with a much lower price (RM14.80/M)(the fabric is not as good as Kamdar's one) compared to Kamdar(RM38/M)(but now got 20% discount). I prefer Kamdar as they have many red color fabric, suitable for wedding and other big occasions, as u know, Chinese likes red. For Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, there are so so many fabric shop in that area, selling a lot kinds of fabrics. Most ppl prefer to go ther coz they can compare the price and at the same time having more choices.

Oops, back to Mrs Gan. I went to her house last week to bring her the cheongsam fabric. She is a nice, friendly and easygoing person. We even chat for the whole afternoon. She was surprised when i told her that i came to her because of this website. Then she realised why all of the sudden so many ppl come to her. She charged RM80-100 for the workmanship, which I considered is so so so cheap. I'll take my cheongsam at the end of Nov. Maybe can share with u guys at that time.

Caree,

glad to know u got the fabric finally.... :)

Mrs Gan really got so surprised? hahaha... guess what, last week itself, i got 6-7 MBs asking me about her contact... i think that's why so many people

called her. Haha, gotta ask her for introductory commission... :P

dear all beautiful bride,

i am having dilemma in finding the right evening gown for my wedding dinner.....i took a package with very limited wedding gown and evening gown....ended up, i only manage to choose 1 wedding gown for "chut mun" and now i am running out of time to cource for my evening gown :-( i wish to make a qipao for the evening time as i will still be wearing the wedding gown at night time during reception, then change to qipao....i also want to make a qipao in order to replace the evening gown.....but ...does Mrs Gan have time to make it for me? since she got lotsa order...my wedding will be on 07 dec 2008...scare and really stress when thinking bout it......

please help....any advice?