Ice Anise,

hey, we share the same AD.... :)

don't be too panic. u can try asking her. i can PM u the detail if u want... A bit tight, but i think she will help...

Ice Anise,

hey, we share the same AD.... :)

don't be too panic. u can try asking her. i can PM u the detail if u want... A bit tight, but i think she will help...

Ceetee,

Pls PM me too.....tq :) U made gown with her too?

Wah, so many ppl want to go to Mrs Gan ar. Actually, she dun have any worker to assist her. I'm afraid she couldn't accept so many orders, but she stil passionate to do it. So, it's better to giv her ample time.

hi meiteoh,

ure cheongsam is beautiful. may i have the contact of your tailor? i've also check out your website, just curious, may i know whose your photographer, how's his charges like? pls pm me k. thanks. :rolleyes:

My tailor charged me a very very affordable price, so affordable that I have forgotten it and all I know is that it was dirt cheap!!! I didn't want anything flashy, more traditional so I just bought some cheongsam material from Kamdar (yes, unbelievable huh?) and got her to sew it in a traditional design. Here's a pic of the outfit (please ignore my HB):

2901413744_0c38b34be9.jpg

More pics & details here.

aspen, the link is just right after the pic - with all the contact details and such.

Caree, thanks for the compliments. I bought my wedding cheongsam material from the KL Kamdar (TAR branch) and it was the last few meters left on the roll. They have more options than the SS2 branch but still, I bought some material (yellow and pink-grey) from the SS2 one. My family friend and mum thought the material from TAR was very auspicious because it had two dragons on it and it wasn't too "chuk" or overwhelming. When we bought it to Mrs Gan, she gave us some ideas on how to make it simple yet elegant without it being too "chuk" like the black lining and buttons. So we went along with it!

Yeah, she doesn't have a worker to help her per se...just a maid to help stitch buttons and stuff on. She cuts the material according to the design and sends it to someone who will do the sewing. After that, she does the alterations and stuff. I think that's what happens for the kebaya and the cheongsam. Still, the QC is monitored and so far, so good. :)

Anyway, talk about popular business for her. Maybe I should ask Mrs Gan for discount the next time I balik and make baju with her!!!!! Hihihihih!!! Hey, can you gals do me a favour? Next time you go there, tell her Mabel said hi!

Btw, in case I didn't mention it, the pic above (in aspen's post), my mum (the lady in the pink cheongsam)...her dress was made by Mrs Gan. I should upload the outfit my MIL wore that night coz Mrs Gan made it as well and that one was a story on its own. She finished it in a month under special request coz my MIL was going to Bali for a month before stopping by KL for the flight back to Lyon. And when my MIL saw the kebaya top and skirt, she was ultra ultra excited so much so she bought some cloth and ask her to make another top!!!!

My tailor charged me a very very affordable price, so affordable that I have forgotten it and all I know is that it was dirt cheap!!! I didn't want anything flashy, more traditional so I just bought some cheongsam material from Kamdar (yes, unbelievable huh?) and got her to sew it in a traditional design. Here's a pic of the outfit (please ignore my HB):

2901413744_0c38b34be9.jpg

More pics & details here.

very nice cheongsam that you have!

ceetee,

Have you got your qipao de? Remember to post it here yeah :D :D :D

Naviakim,

i went to the seamstress that did meiteoh's baju nyonya, Mrs Gan, her office is @ Seapark. She quoted me RM90 for labour only. I bought my own fabric + other accesories, all in maybe about RM150. Will be getting my qipao mid of Oct, will post it if u wanna see...

Cheryee,

Called Mrs. Gan this morning, she said they are all ready for collection, will go if got time later.... ;)

Cheryee,

Called Mrs. Gan this morning, she said they are all ready for collection, will go if got time later.... ;)

Ceetee... really hope can see your cheong sam on today.. im so looking forward.. haha..

btw, pm me Mrs. Gan contact pls.. thank you..

ceetee,

I am excited!!! :P :P

Cheryee,

Gals,

I got my qipao oredi, both white and printed flora... very nice!!! really fit me well..... i don't have time to upload the photos yet, will do so over the weekends..... :) (sorry to keep u all waiting..)

makeupjunk,

i think it's very unique to wear cheongsam, in fact chinese should promote it, malays wear their kebaya, indian wear saree... why not chinese??? :)

I like to wear traditional costume, even saree.... make me look so out-standing.... :P

Makeupjunk, why not? I have worn it to the office, to dinners, and etc. I even wore one of my kebayas to a French wedding. :)

I'm now at hubby's house, gown gown at home.... i promise this weekends.... ok... :P (stressed!!!)

wow! :o ceetee, I like your white satin qipao .. nice!!!!

and it matches so well with your white silver shoes! thumbs up!!!

2 qipao made by Mrs Gan:

1. Sexy white satin

DSCN2164.jpg

2. Floral Traditional

DSCN2170.jpg

WOW!!! SEXY!! Nice nice ..... I like you white satin cheongsam

2 qipao made by Mrs Gan:

1. Sexy white satin

DSCN2164.jpg

2. Floral Traditional

DSCN2170.jpg

wowowowoowowowo i love the white 1 ........ so nice........ i wonder if it will be the same effect if i make with thai silk??