If you need a cheong sum, you can always try forher boutique at Dataran Mentari, Bandar Sunway, they have many many types and styles there. You can even custom make your own cheong sum, like mine, take about 1 month to complete and I love it.

I forgot their address but it is 2nd floor of House Of Picaso Bridal shop, tel no is 012-2021001 Ms evelyn. Hope its help.

Anyone did their CS at Kenneth Hoong?

I've had a bad experience at my BS (the gown selections limited for me) and my FH brought me to Kenneth Hoong's Butterfly to make my own CS. He paid half of the price already, but I am very scared the results dont turn out so ok.. Very expensive lor that I oredi sakit hati on behalf of my FH.. and scared la dont turn out ok..

kenneth hong is GOOD MTM ! dont think u need to worry about anything if u got him ! :D

Kenneth wasnt around when I went. He was overseas. One of his assistant discussed with me. I went for the very traditional type, coz FH dun like lowcut/lubang sini sana in front.. I am chubby and short so hopefully it is worth it!! Wanted to make a short one, but he said will make me look shorter still. So ended up with a long one. It is going to have an embroidered phoenix..

Ok... :-)

The base will be ready by June, but the final product, complete with embroidery and crystals will only be ready much much later but in time for October wedding. Colour selected - fuschia pink. My initial colour was too dull for a wedding, so he suggested fuschia two tone..

hi gals,

just wondering, if i make a qipao with lace and beads for my wedding, is it ok to wear that to someone else's wedding? it's not white/ivory. will it be disrespectful to the bride?

as long as it is less kua cheong than the bride's qipao or gown or dress, should be alright - we wouldn't like our guests to wear something that is eye catching than our gowns rite?? :)

as long as it is less kua cheong than the bride's qipao or gown or dress, should be alright - we wouldn't like our guests to wear something that is eye catching than our gowns rite?? :)

yes. but sometimes we dunno what the bride will be wearing also. cos i'm keeping my gowns after my wedding, so definitely want to recycle them :p

yes. but sometimes we dunno what the bride will be wearing also. cos i'm keeping my gowns after my wedding, so definitely want to recycle them :p

i suppose depends on the location of the banquet ?

if the banquet is held in small towns, the possibility of the bride wearing something more toned down is higher and if held in KL/PJ, where most of the time the dresses/gowns are elaborated. :)

if held in KL Hilton or Mandarin Oriental kind of location, definitely the bride will be wearing something more elaborated , so will be safe to wear your cheongsam i think :)

hello ladies, i just paid deposit to custome made a cheongsam in Brilliant Emerald. Are they good? she is charging me RM1350 for full lace and satin underneath with beads . Expensive?

another question here. since qipaos usually do not have boning, and if the back is with full net (read, transparent), how to give the bewbies some push up ar? silicone bras can give cleavage but not push up for me. gravity just loves me so much after losing some weight :dash2: any seamless bra to recommend? convertibles?

Thanks to all the jimuis here for recommending Mrs Gan.

I was looking everywhere for a suitable cheongsam for my MIL. I came across this topic and Mrs Gan contact just yday! LOL.. So i called her up this morning and immediately made a appoinment with her at 12pm.

I went without buying the material as i need her advice. She is really friendly and gave many opinions too.

FYI, her labor charges is now RM 180 (normal cloth) and RM 200 (lace cloth). I rem reading the jimui here quoting RM 80. LOL.. but it was still within my budget thus i went to Kamdar SS2 and got some lace cloth and lining for my MIL.

MIL wanted stg simple thus the cloth she choose is not too fancy. The bill for the material cost me less than RM 150. So i was really happy that the overall price is only bout RM 350. That price for a MTM dress is reallly worth it.

Cant wait to see the outcome and i will take pic of it when its ready!! :)

Good conversation, thanks for sharing your ideas and suggestions to us. These are useful to all the people, those who are going to be married. My sister marriage will be on this December, so i want to buy the wedding dress to her, so which is the best for brides? Any suggestions to me?

For my ROM (5 months ago), I did my cheongsam from Emerald Brilliant in SS2, together with my mom's cheongsam and my grandma's Chinese-style top. If you buy their ready-made cheongsams, you get 10% off the marked price and they will do free alterations for you, unfortunately, for me and my mom we were too tall for the sample size and had to tailor make ours. Mine is made of ivory Japanese lace and ivory piping. The Indonesian lady serving me recommended a low back, but I decided on modesty and went for a lace-covered back instead. She then suggested the row of buttons on the back, which was a nice touch.

Things I have noticed about Emerald Brilliant:

The si tao po refuses to give more than RM50 discount if you only purchase 1 tailor made garment from her. We were charged 600 each for a cheongsam. People who are better at negotiations may be able to get more, but 2 other customers there paid about the same price as us.

My grandma wears a size XXL, and they had problems tailoring her brocade top for her. In total, we went back to the shop 4 times just to get the top done properly, and the cost of petrol/parking/toll adds up. In the end, they remade the whole garment for my grandma.

I ordered an additional pink brocade cheongsam for myself during one of these trips, and they ended up making the wrong silhouette. I ordered a halter neck and when i tried it on it was a sleeveless cut. They ended up just cutting a halter out of the original but the placement of the frog buttons are not ideal. I suppose I could've asked for a remake but it didn't occur to me at the time until my mom pointed it out.

They can really rush a dress for you if you are short of time. On one of my many trips there, a lady ordered a cheongsam for her son's wedding, and wanted it done in 5 days. I think they charged her about 1.4k for it, and a beaded cheongsam like the one she ordered was 1.2k off the rack, so I don't think they charged her much for the rush job as she customised hers.

The Indonesian workers there are really friendly and chatty, but note that they understand cantonese/mandarin, so make sure they are out of earshot before you discuss your price negos/strategy with your friends or family.

post-38612-0-56098000-1344331430_thumb.j

post-38612-0-50765700-1344331436_thumb.j

Thanks to all the jimuis here for recommending Mrs Gan.

I was looking everywhere for a suitable cheongsam for my MIL. I came across this topic and Mrs Gan contact just yday! LOL.. So i called her up this morning and immediately made a appoinment with her at 12pm.

I went without buying the material as i need her advice. She is really friendly and gave many opinions too.

FYI, her labor charges is now RM 180 (normal cloth) and RM 200 (lace cloth). I rem reading the jimui here quoting RM 80. LOL.. but it was still within my budget thus i went to Kamdar SS2 and got some lace cloth and lining for my MIL.

MIL wanted stg simple thus the cloth she choose is not too fancy. The bill for the material cost me less than RM 150. So i was really happy that the overall price is only bout RM 350. That price for a MTM dress is reallly worth it.

Cant wait to see the outcome and i will take pic of it when its ready!! :)

Dear Brides /Brides to be -

Due to the remarks from brides, Mrs Gan kept saying her price is the cheapest in town.

She also seems to have increase her pricings...

i had my qipao done at Emerald Brilliant 1U. the gown was very nice, but i'd like to warn BTB's who are custom-making their cheongsam/qipao there.

most of us would be so thrilled to see our custom-made gowns with the pretty laces and blings etc, that we tend to forget to check the seamstress' work. i was lucky that i remembered to check my gown. the fit was good, but to my horror the lace at the bottom of my mermaid skirt (it's floor length, no train), was sewn so out of shape the laces were "senget" in and out of the hem (when the laces were supposed to show outside the hem). they have also poor workmanship on the sewing at the zip area at the back that it's very obvious the stitches were not straight at all. i was told the gown was done at the SS2 branch. they also "forgot" to sew the button at the back of the collar. for all these i had gone there twice in a row in the weekend to make sure that they have them rectified. but for the zip part, they have to send the gown back to SS2 and i can only collect it some time this week. really scary... i would think they'd at least check their sewing before they let the customer come for fitting. i was so wrong to think that! =.=

so buyer beware... make sure you check your gown whenever you go for fitting! dont take the "reputation" for granted.

try this:

Tays Ladies Dress Making

No.16 Jln 21/11B

46300 Sea Park PJ

Tel: 03 78776726

my friend got her to make her a white cheongsam for rm600 only