hehe i'm so excited.... called mrs. gan up already (dropped your name, mabel :D)... she says labour is RM80-90... i think will meet her up this saturday if my colleagues want to... thanks

by the way apart from Kamdar where can i get the material from?? any idea what i should be looking at / type i should go for?

Hi,

peiyee: it is best for you call her before you go there. Tell her what you want and ask her for ideas/suggestions and then she will tell you the measurement that she needs and she will suggest some materials for you. Then you go and buy your materials and come back to her. If I were you, don't buy the materials and present to her as you don't know the measurement. Some designs need more cloths.

meiteoh: I went there last thursday and I mention your name! Guess what? She said oh yeah Mabel, I know her with a BIG SMILE :D

I will be making my cheongsam this Thursday. Apart from SS2 Kamdar, where else can I get the cheongsam materials? I heard of Nagoya but where is it?

Cheers,

Jenny

thanks for the tips jenny... i'm going down to isetan to take a look at their cheongsam there to get an idea :D :D i don't know yet what type of design i like (or will suit me as i'm short and plump well.. fat)...

can you please post up the pics of the materials after you've bought it?? thanks :D :D

hehe tot of trying out some cheongsam to see if it agrees with me or not... i think really need to diet to wear cheongsam... only tight fitting ones looks nice

here's some pics

cheongsam1iq7.th.jpgthpix.gif

cheongsam2jr8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Nagoya is in KL along Petaling Street, I think. Actually, if you want a more modern look, you can use any other material apart from brocade to make a cheongsam. I recommend Kamdar because it's nearer to Mrs Gan (SS2) and the fabric is not too bad actually. Have been buying cloths from them for years.

Peiyee, I don't know for sure if you can buy the material from her because she's just a tailor but you can visit her this time without any materials and ask her what she thinks. She'll have heaps of suggestions and advice for you. Usually, first time you don't bring materials coz length and width depends on the cut and length of the cheongsam. I actually keep her number on my mobile so that if I need to check with you at Kamdar, I just call and ask her how many meters I need to buy. XD

HAHAHA, I think she dengar my name until sian liao. XD

mabel,

sounds like u got a private tailor loh.... and i think sure mrs gan thank u so much for giving her so many business.... hahaha

peiyee,

I like the first one and that's the collar for my evening gown but the V neck for my design is very low .. hehehe .. afraid too sexy :P

aiya.. apa too sexy it's your day!!! hehe post pic post pic pls :D :D

hrm.. i think i'll buy the first one... and make another one with Mrs Gan kekeke

Nagoya is in KL along Petaling Street, I think. Actually, if you want a more modern look, you can use any other material apart from brocade to make a cheongsam. I recommend Kamdar because it's nearer to Mrs Gan (SS2) and the fabric is not too bad actually. Have been buying cloths from them for years.

Peiyee, I don't know for sure if you can buy the material from her because she's just a tailor but you can visit her this time without any materials and ask her what she thinks. She'll have heaps of suggestions and advice for you. Usually, first time you don't bring materials coz length and width depends on the cut and length of the cheongsam. I actually keep her number on my mobile so that if I need to check with you at Kamdar, I just call and ask her how many meters I need to buy. XD

HAHAHA, I think she dengar my name until sian liao. XD

thanks!! i think i'll meet her first... then at least she can give some pointers... she did mention she got materials... hrm.... does she do anything else besides qipao?.. this is my first time having something tailored made.. so very excited!!

i'm thinking of something that's not too grand... a short one maybe... then can wear out for dinners etc.... would cotton be good? i like those like the show qing shen shen yu meng meng...

Jenny,

There are 2 Nagoya in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, same row with Kamdar and the previous Globe Silk Store. They have many materials for CS ranging from chinese brocade to lace to embroidered material. My mum bought her CS material from Nagoya and Kamdar.

Hi,

peiyee: it is best for you call her before you go there. Tell her what you want and ask her for ideas/suggestions and then she will tell you the measurement that she needs and she will suggest some materials for you. Then you go and buy your materials and come back to her. If I were you, don't buy the materials and present to her as you don't know the measurement. Some designs need more cloths.

meiteoh: I went there last thursday and I mention your name! Guess what? She said oh yeah Mabel, I know her with a BIG SMILE :D

I will be making my cheongsam this Thursday. Apart from SS2 Kamdar, where else can I get the cheongsam materials? I heard of Nagoya but where is it?

Cheers,

Jenny

Jenny,

There are 2 Nagoya in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, same row with Kamdar and the previous Globe Silk Store. They have many materials for CS ranging from chinese brocade to lace to embroidered material. My mum bought her CS material from Nagoya and Kamdar.

how much should i anticipate to pay for the material? and which have a wider choice? Kamdar or Nagoya?

peiyee,

Nagoya china silk is RM12.50/metre, but dunno now got discount or not... when i bought got 15%off, so about RM10/mtr only....

Mrs.Gan not only makes qipao, she made my ROM dress, qipao, sis's blouse and trousers, mom's cardigan etc...

About fabric, yes, she does buy on behalf... my sis trousers fabric is bought by her, coz she wanna match with her cheongsam blouse.

There are a Nagoya at Carrefour Subang Jaya, one at Carrefour Wangsa Maju.

There are a Kamdar in SS2, Jalan TAR, Mid Valley etc... Kamdar has got wider varieties of fabric, but not china silk...

Peiyee,

Price will depends on the type of material that you choose but generally you'll need 4 metres of material for one full length CS.

Both Kamdar and Nagoya also have many choices, you have to check it out personally.

If you want to survey for material, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman is the best place in KL to check out since they have one whole street of material shops ranging from cheap to super pricey ie from Kamdar, Nagoya to Euro Moda.

Jenny,

how much should i anticipate to pay for the material? and which have a wider choice? Kamdar or Nagoya?

CT,

Kamdar in Jalan TAR also selling china silk, I have seen it there last week :D

peiyee,

Nagoya china silk is RM12.50/metre, but dunno now got discount or not... when i bought got 15%off, so about RM10/mtr only....

Mrs.Gan not only makes qipao, she made my ROM dress, qipao, sis's blouse and trousers, mom's cardigan etc...

About fabric, yes, she does buy on behalf... my sis trousers fabric is bought by her, coz she wanna match with her cheongsam blouse.

There are a Nagoya at Carrefour Subang Jaya, one at Carrefour Wangsa Maju.

There are a Kamdar in SS2, Jalan TAR, Mid Valley etc... Kamdar has got wider varieties of fabric, but not china silk...

Ok .. let me share the design.

Originally I wanna this design for top, but Angela told me I'm not suitable for this collar as my neck is short.

10013_med.jpg

Then she suggested something like this, don't think I will go for that low.

zhang_ziyi_01.jpg

So am thinking like this, but not as tight as that :P will it be too xpose?

xin_170303271004056734820.jpg

Waist line is V shape then follow by A-line chiffon dress, with 3 meter long tail. :) Sorry ya, I don't have the full design for this. :)

cheryee,

yah, Kamdar does sell china silk, but choices not many, as compared to Nagoya.... btw, not necessary need china silk for CS, can use any material.... ;)

BG,

wah.... the one GongLi wearing is soooooooo sexy.... i think i'm too 'small' for that... :P

You should go for it, at least you got the asset mah.... :)

hei, the 1st design is same like mine....

CT,

yaya .. the first pic was your design :P and I love it so much but too bad I cannot have it :( short neck ah! :(

GongLi one was so sexy!! haahha not sure whether HB will allow to have that design :P I scare it is too expose and to emphasize on that part :P

Ling,

You are so cute ler... where got people say herself "penguin" one... :lol: He loves you so much, that's why wanna take good care of you ma....

No problem one, I'm in the process of dieting too!! We gambatei!!!! ;)