Micar

Makeup Artist (MUA) - Kuching

hi ladies,

I am looking for a makeup artist in Kuching for Actual day only. :) I will be having dinner there only and probably tea ceremony for the balance of the relatives. Anyone in that town care to recommend me a makeup artist who has great hands to do great makeup? Looking forward to hear from you!! :D

Micar,

Another forumer (Julia) sent me this info before when I was asking for MUA in bintulu:

Another freelance guys is James. He is from Kuching but you can ask him to go bintulu. He charge rm550.00 got actual day & weeding dinner make up & hair do, included hair set for the groom also. He is also the mua for miss Sarawak competition. TEL : 0168640920

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. Actually my big day will be next year and i relly have to hear out from you ladies out there on who can recommend cos i am not a local there. I am marrying a Kuching man. And i may not have the time to liase with the makeup artist over there. So was thinking of getting hte contacts then have my HTB sister to book the Makeup artist. From the trip i recently went, i did sae some bridal shops and they looked quite taiwanese. I am looking at more sophiticated and classic look when it coems to makeup.

hi micar,

u looking for AD MUA, rite?

agree wif u most BS in KCH r rather 'taiwanese' style, currently still the norm there coz there's no 'local' talent like in Sg u got Ted Wu, Frederick Lee, etc, etc. :P

anw, if u hv an idea of the MU u like, u can start collecting pics as samples; next time when u go to KCH & meet the MUA, u can tell her your styles. Then have her do a trial for you. if the outcome is wat u wanted, then u got yourelf the right MUA liao! :)

Wow thansk for the wonderful advice!! yup yup, i will start cutting out pictures of bridal makeup samples for reference purpose in Kuching. J

I have never thought of dating a Kuching man and now really going to get married to him, This experience is gonna be a memorable one.

I will keep record of the samples and maybe look for a bridal shop for a makrup artist. Probably cheaper?

Any hot favourite bridal shop to recommend? Probably they will have really good Makeup artist there. :D

micar,

hv u settle on the date of ur AD?

i will b going to KCH this week to settle my wedding prep for AD in Dec. will also be looking out for MUA & PG, etc, etc, etc... so many thgs so little time! :P

Will feedback to u wat i found nxt wk ok?

Hi kittybride,

Thank you so much for your help. Actually, I will be getting married next year. *blush blush* :P you can call me kiasu though. Well, wanna find out soon so that when i go to Kuching either later part of the year or early next year, i can let my FH sister know so that we can look for one together and book one soon.

BTW, it is so difficult to get airline tickets back to Kuching for CNY. I was planning to arrive on second day of CNY. they got the tickets but when coming back is a problem, cos it will be like 10 days later ;) and i cannot afford to take so many number of days off for my work. Have you plan for your CNY? :)

hi micar,

i jus came bk ystdy. i kao tim most of my bridal stuffs oredi :) so happy can finish most of them w/in ONE day! yeah... i super fast type. hee hee...

since both me & FH r msian; we went to national registration board to fill up the form for civil registration in church; takes us abt 15mins & RM20. Next is to get it certified by a commissioner of oath; another 5mins & another RM8 and all kao tim liao. :)

i oso managed to get my bridal bouquet & corsages confirmed; showed them the sample i wanted and they say ok. cost me RM90 for

the bouquet & groom's boutonnier. Also confirmed my MUA & PG.

I went to see my parish priest a day before my return to Sg; passed him the form; required documents and let him check through my wedding booklet & did the pre-nuptial inquiry with him; and all this took us less than half hour! So the important stuffs all done! :) Then went to confirm the hotel for wedding dinner. Menu will let my parents decide and invitation cards are inclusive; so save $ on printing! :)

hope my little info can help u guage how much time u need to get things done there! and if ur FH's family can help, even better. :)

hi phuisan,

I went early; the shop just opened and MUA not there yet.

Last time babaliciouz used the same MUA and had good comments; my sister in law's cousins also used the same MUA and also said her make up is natural & soft; not dramatic type.

So i booked the MUA thru the BS and also asked them to show me her portfolio, quite natural lah.

other charges they mentioned to me was RM20 for fake EL and also RM20 for ampoules.

But hor; only make up and hair; no accessories provided. If i need; then she will charge me extra. The KCH BS said I should be able to get my own accessories from my own BS. But hor... i thk my own BS will not let me take the accessories out for 3 weeks leh... sian...

wat about you? getting married in KCH too?

or u're the Bintulu bride? :)

yes, I'm the bintulu bride ;)

I went for my trial last time i was there. now i got a bit worried on what's she gonna use. My hubby suggested I get some of my own comestics...

phuisan,

how much u paid for ur MUA?

does she include both day & nite mu & hairdo?

trial session should be included rite?

anyway, i got mine at RM350 for day & nite mu & hairdo.

at first i call up & the consultant straight away quoted me RM480!

i pretend to ask if add this how much lower u can give, etc etc etc and finally when i went there to see the MUA's portfolio; i bargain again till she gave me RM350. :)

Hello Kittybride,

Thank you for the wonderful information. Wow! really alot to be done in Kuching huh?

I am Singaporean and my FH is a Kuching. So do we have to visit the Marriage thing to do the declaration or can just go to Malaysia Comminioner in Singapore to delcare that we are married?

By the way, which BS did you go? My Fh's parents and siblings may not be able to help source unless i know the BS.

Choosing a restuarant for the wedding dinner is not a problem cos his dad will help to decide.

And i agree, i will keep copies of the makeup that i like for the makeup artist to help me. :lol:

micar,

i got many thgs to do coz mine is church wedding lor; catholic church many very leceh one lah :lol:

if u really interested, i can recommend you one BS which i will also use their MUA & PG for my AD in Dec. I thk theirs is not too bad; prices can still nego & so far, only have good comments from past brides who had used them.

As for the registration; it depends on whether u & FH goin to ROM in Sg or not. If already ROM in Sg, then need to submit the ROM Cert to the Msia Hi Comm to register his new status. Then will be much more easier lor.

kittybride,

sorry for late reply, I somehow miss your posting. My MUA in bintulu charges me RM300 for both day and night, trial FOC. As she's invited to the dinner too, she'll change hairdo for my second gown.

I'm thinking of another full-fledge trial few days before the AD to make sure she's comfortable with the products i bought. Dunno if she'll charge for this second trial.

phuisan,

ur MUA is from one of Bintulu's BS?

hw cum u invite her to ur dinner oso ah? u knw her personally kah?

anw, RM300 is quite gd price lor... btw, she goin to give u Ang Pow for attending ur wedding dinner? :P

mine no trial leh... n wil b using the MUA's products for both day & nite. mayb will be going for trial few days before, just make up & see if outcome is wat i like or not... n rectify there & then. hopefully AD make up turn out well lor... a bit 'unsafe' feeling if thinking like this nw hor... but so far only good comments abt her leh ~ hopefully i REALLY am in good hands! :)

yeah, the MUA has her own BS i think.

We chose her bcoz my MIL recommended her and she's invited to the dinner by my MIL. No idea if she's gonna give ang pow :lol::lol:

We also asked her to take care of the hand bouquets, corsages and car deco.

hihi, donno if you all still come back here and have a look, but would anyone be able to recommend me any mua or bs? i'm staying overseas and with so little time in kuching is quite hard to know which bs is good...

Thanks

hi ladies,

I am looking for a makeup artist in Kuching for Actual day only. :) I will be having dinner there only and probably tea ceremony for the balance of the relatives. Anyone in that town care to recommend me a makeup artist who has great hands to do great makeup? Looking forward to hear from you!! :D

Micar,

You can try to contact Mei Ling. Her H/p no. is 0198774404. I'm also booking her for my wedding dinner in Kuching (post-wedding celebration). Her charges is very reasobable at RM120 only. I've seen her make-up for my close friend wedding last oct. It's nice.

Today I called a lady Connie (she ever worked with Jacky studio), her charge is RM200, as I'm requested for "waterproof" make up

hippo123,

I also called Mei Ling, a very nice lady .. her charge is RM120 and she told me I can get discount if my hair-do is nothing complicated :) I might use her but I will check with another 2 ladies before I make my final decision :)