ethanize

Play Pen VS Baby Cot (Crib)

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am not getting a playpen because I feel that it's too small for Eva to play in...especially when she can start crawling and all. I'd rather take the money and invest in guardrails to cordon off an area or playyard. I saw pictures of some of the SG mums who have playpens and hai, even they themselves say it's pitiful looking at their babies playing in such a small space. :/

i didn't get a playpen or cot.

got a single mattress instead & joined 3 together on the floor. baby sleeps on 1 single mattress, but tends to do a double row & ends up in the middle of a king size bed. so i doubt a cot is big enough.

didn't get playpen, just have to mop the floor often. i do hv big cushions on the floor, but she has learnt to turn over on them & crawl off at high speed.

if on a tight budget & yr hse is mainly adults & no harm from running toddlers or other kids, might not need a playpen or cot. baby will outgrow both, most probably within 6 months. make sure no glassware is around yr house.

i have a cot in my room but after a few weeks of baby sleeping in her own cot,i felt it's much easier for me when she co-sleeps wif us.cot is used when i need to bathe or sth,then i put her in there and turn on her musical mobile to keep her entertained while i do my own stuffs in the room.

have a playpen for my MIL.she uses it when she doesn't carry my girl or when she needs to do some chores.she hardly lets my baby play on the floor. not to my liking but i can't force her.so i usually let my baby have some floor time during wkds when i take care of her.

I bought playpen last min decision few days before delivery. thought of having a temporary bed at downstairs cause newborn bb sleep most of the time. i already have bb cot at upstairs for sleeping at night. hence i bought a very cheap one RM100 from tesco. surprisingly it is like no difference compare to other brands.

Anyone knows what's the difference between expensive playpen & cheaper playpen? I saw Graco is going around 600 but Bumblebee is going at 300+ only. And from the comments here, seems like there are even cheaper ones out there. What are the differences between them actually? :unsure:

bear bear,

i have both the Graco and Bumblebee, actually i would say its more or less the same in terms of quality. islandgal is rite, Graco got more acessories like music and toys la.

My gal hates playpen as the base will shake a little whenever she moves. She will cry whenever we play her in the playpen. I would suggest to you bring your BB along to try out before buying it.

OH august8, thanks for the comments... :smile: as such i guess i'll go ahead with bumble bee's playpen to save cost then... :wink:

u r most welcome bear, actually i have 3: a baby cot in the room, graco playpen in the living room and the bumblebee at my mom's place. in terms of pp, actually the bumblebee is more sturdy la i feel compared to Graco coz Graco will goyang a bit as wat Bunnynwife mentioned. but my gal still loves it actually i think she enjoys it as in the goyangness :)

Got a baby cot with coconut husk mattress as part of a package deal. The girl at the shop was trying to persuade us to upgrade to latex but the particular latex mattress at the shop felt a bit soft to us so we decided on coconut husk which was a lot firmer. As part of the promotion, they gave us a set of pillows, bumper set but won't be using those.

Would 2 sets of bedsheets for the cot be enough or is it better to get 3? The cot is supposed to be big enough to be converted to a toddler bed.

i bought playpen .... is it all baby mattress is same size ? i plan to buy ikea mattress to put in playpen ... not sure the size is right o not

not all baby mattress is of the same size...

i bought playpen .... is it all baby mattress is same size ? i plan to buy ikea mattress to put in playpen ... not sure the size is right o not

playpen's mattress n babycot's mattress r usually of different sizes, n varies among the brands too. it's best to measure n buy according to fit.

I have both playpen and baby crib

But my boy no longer want to stay inside playpen when he turn to 14 mths old.

as for baby crib, he still sleep inside on & off as at to-date :)

so i think it's still worth for me to buy the playen for him, at least I fully utilise it for 14 mths :p

I have both play pen and baby cot too.

Baby cot in the room where baby sleeps at night, whereas play pen is used during day time in the living area.

I love the functionality of both :)

Anybody knows what is the weight limit for the higher level in a playpen? I'm currently using the bumblebee playpen and it can be adjusted to 2 lvls. The shop assistant told us there is a weight limit for the upper level but I hhave forgotten :s

Baby Cribs

FInding the suit baby cribs is one important things you should know. Before you buy cribs, better you find some article to learn about it. Today you can find the tips how to select cribs that suit your needs. ok you can direct visit : baby cribs