wsyrinrin

Dress, Gown or Attire for Mum or MIL

J&S,

Very nice, how much is the rental ah? CS can rent also?

wsyrinrin,

Sorry for late reply :P Here the shop details :

Woon Meng Wedding Gown

No 14, Jalan Nanas, Klang

Tel : 3341 8713

These are the Kua tat i rent for my mum & MIL for reception (theme = modern oreintal)

ops... i dunno how to reduce the photos size. Anyone can help me?

At 1st MIL also dun wan cos she feel macan very kua cheong but later she ok with it .... as not easy to find 2 kuas (for mum & in law), normally only for in law and it is cheap also compare to 1 shop tat i asked b4 in Mid Valley.

cher yee,

If rent 1 is rm300/pc but i rent 2 so the boss give some discount, rm500 for 2 and can collect 2 or 3 days in advance. The shop in Midvalley quote me rm500/pc (collect on AD and return the next day). For CS, i think only for sale.

Cool,

Here's the top that my mum bought for my cousin's wedding. She plans to match the top with an A Line full length chiffon skirt.

Top 1

SP_A1178_000.jpg

SP_A1194_013.jpg

Top 2

SP_A1183_005.jpg

SP_A1191_011.jpg

You can find dress BB plaza. Its at 3rd floor (i think so) opposite metrojaya entrance. THere are 2 boutique selling alot of dinner dress for mom or MIL. They have big size. Recently, my mum bought from there. Hope it helps

Cool,

Here's the top that my mum bought for my cousin's wedding. She plans to match the top with an A Line full length chiffon skirt.

Top 1

SP_A1178_000.jpg

SP_A1194_013.jpg

Top 2

SP_A1183_005.jpg

SP_A1191_011.jpg

Yo CY,

Had been bz lately, hvnt got chance to reply u here. Ur mum's top is really "peng leng jeng" woh...

I prefer the top 2 ....nice nice..suitable for attend wedding dinner or any function. I am going to show my mom this ..hehehe... :P

I got my mum's dress at Hock LEE , Kuching.

It's brown, a bit like the Greek Goddess style. broad straps, deep V front and back, long dress.

Just need to make sure the tummy is fit so the clingy dress will cling nicely.

* I noticed the straps broad enough for me ( when trying on mum's behalf) to wear bras ler!!

So wear nice push up bras with this dress+ deep V...blood spurting!!! :P

Last weekend I went to SUmmit USJ. just window shopping lah. then I found 1 shop which sell dinner wear.they have big size dinner wear. not bad the quality & the price quite reasonable.

dear jimui,

i'm so worry about d dress for both mum la... my mum still ok but my FMIL got big problem coz she really big size. she lebih kurang like lydia sum. really 1 la... lucky she duno tis website :P

i scared later if i buy nicer dress for my mum, my FMIL will b not happy.

wat i shud do? :sad:

I'm thinking of getting piece of dress for mom for her to wear during my wedding dinner. But I really don't know which kind of dress to buy.

And also, please give me ideas where to get the free around KL.

Thank you :)

Pinkelle,

Thank you. I think my mum should be wearing from M to L size...

Hmm...will check it out when I shop there :)

u may check out a outlet at Mines Shopping mall.

i dont remember the shop name, but it's located at the corner. i think next to giant entrance.

it's cater for aunties, got casual, working & dinner wear. hmm quite nice.

:lol:

Not sure if you have consider MTM-ing a cheongsam for your mother?

Usually the dress that you can get for mothers are either too boring (dull colour and design), or too revealing (unless your mother is modern and still have good figures)

Some people think that aunties in their fifties wouldn't look good in cheongsam as they are too big size, but that's not necessary true, look at Mabel's mum's cheongsam, I thought it made her really elegant, so was my mum and my aunt. My aunt was very reluctant to tailor make cheongsam for her son's wedding, but it turned out fantastic, as it makes her elegant and doesn't look fat at all, if your mum is quite tall, long cheongsam would look good on her, just need to get 'heavier' and darker fabric like velvet to make her look slimmer. Probably the charges of Mrs Goh (mentioned in the cheongsam thread) would not be much more than buying an off-the-rack dress which is not as flattering.

Just a thought that you should explore this option

My mum tailor made her evening gown in Nicleesher Fashion House(SS15, opposite Asia Cafe) on my wedding dinner. They offer a wide range of evening gown.. The price is reasonable.. :smile:

Hi babes

There is another boutique i can suggest to u, if u thinkin of custom made for ur mom's in law, or mom. I did my cheongsam there for my upcoming wedding. Which is Butterfly Boutique- designer - Kenneth Hoong, in Sungai Wang. If u did ur cheongsam there, u get discounted for cheongsam/ dress custom made for ur mom or mil too. Not neccesary is cheongsam, he can custom made according to ur mom's size, i saw the pictures..the dress can make big size woman in good shape!!

There is another boutique i can suggest to u, if u thinkin of custom made for ur mom's in law, or mom. I did my cheongsam there for my upcoming wedding. Which is Butterfly Boutique- designer - Kenneth Hoong, in Sungai Wang. If u did ur cheongsam there, u get discounted for cheongsam/ dress custom made for ur mom or mil too. Not neccesary is cheongsam, he can custom made according to ur mom's size, i saw the pictures..the dress can make big size woman in good shape!!

HI, I'm urgently looking a good tailor for myself & my mum too. Mind to PM me his charges & ur cheong sam photos too :)

Hi didardi,

I bumped into Butterfly boutique few months ago...the cheongsams are gorgeus but it's abit pricey ler...

Do they give any discount or its fix price as per the price tag?

Cheers,

Ashley

Hi didardi,

I bumped into Butterfly boutique few months ago...the cheongsams are gorgeus but it's abit pricey ler...

Do they give any discount or its fix price as per the price tag?

Cheers,

Ashley

HI, sorry for the very late reply. i just notice ur mssg.

i didn't make my cheong sam there. maybe u refer to another girl dorlisa.

sorry...

Hi Dorlisa,

May I know d price of the cheongsam u made with kenneth hoong? some pics too! TQ

email add hsiangling_7@yahoo.com

Cheers,

Elene :lol: