koksheik

The Summit Hotel Subang USJ

1 thing I noticed is that hotels will use PC to photoshop their ballroom photos 'kau-kau' to give an illusion that its prettier than it really is. There is one hotel in cyberjaya that does this really well..as are 5 other KL hotels.

To see whether the ballroom is nice or not, forget about photos as they will all be photoshopped to the max. You need to BE THERE to see it for yourself. There's nothing to hdie as what you see is what you get. Hope this helps you girls.

Hi koksheik,

How's your preparation for your reception in Mar'09 at Summit Hotel? Just wanna share my food tasting session (customised menu) last Monday, Dec 29th.

I found it quite satisfactory...in terms of food palatability, serving portion and service. Food is also served hot, which I think is important. Hopefully, they can maintain that level of service and food quality on the actual day itself!

After the food tasting session, it has no doubt put our minds at ease on the F&B :smile:

Regards.

My apology to the late reply. Thank you for sharing this with us.

We had vegetarian menu for our wedding banquet. Our food tasting session was on 1st of January, and the food was very delicious. To be honest, it was above our expectation since vegetarian dishes could be difficult to handle. Our parents commented that the food tasted as good as those served at the vegetarian restaurants. We were also feeling relieved after tasting the first few dishes, and we immediately knew that there would be nothing to worry about the food.

At the end of the session, the chef in charge came and talked to us. Through our conversation, we figured out that he is a rather experienced cook (even with vegetarian dishes), and that made things even better.

- I shall write another post for our actual wedding day -

We hosted our vegetarian wedding banquet on March 15th 2009 @ The Summit Hotel Subang. It was the first all-vegetarian banquet handled by the hotel, and we are grateful that the food, the decoration, the services, etc. went sooooo well.

GMC has pretty much summarized the fabulous services offered by the hotel. I just want to say that all the staffs had been very helpful throughout the night. They will help you if it is within their reach. You can even hook up your laptop to their projector and audio system. We also had our friends helping us to do the flower arrangement, including the flower arch. One more thing, they allowed us to bring "kacang puteh" for cocktail tidbits. A very customizable venue. All in all, a very good deal.

We had 53 + 1 reserved tables, and it was still rather spacious in the ballroom. Imagine that during the lion dance performance, the lions could walk around freely in the ballroom. We also requested a new 1st course presentation because they were using the same presentation for almost all previous weddings. By chance, it matched perfectly to our wedding program because it was related to musical performance. The most important thing was that, as written in the contract, they had 2 waiters/waitress serving at most 3 tables at a time.. For that, the used plates were removed timely.

I guess a picture is worth a thousand words. Email me at koksheik{at}gmail.com if you are interested in seeing some pictures of the decorated ballroom.

To those who have signed-up at Summit Hotel, just relax and enjoy the night.

To those who are still pondering, look no further. Summit is a good deal. (No!! I am not working for Summit, in fact I work outside of Malaysia)

Best regards,

KokSheik

I had my reception at The Summit Ballroom on Sat, Feb 21st, and was pleased with their service. The food was served fast and hot. I didn't take the standard menu package but pick and choose from the dishes offered in their various packages. The price will vary depending on the dishes selected and you can try to negotiate with the sales person in charge. I deal with the Asst. Mgr and she has been vy helpful and accommodating to my requests (Tel: 03-8023 3000 ext 3025 or peksee@summithotel.com.my). No complain on the food/service at all.

As for corkage, the beer corkage seems to be non-negotiable hence, I didn't have any beer served during that night. Instead, I had hard liquor and wine served for my guests.

As for the decoration, I had my cousin & friends to help out with the fresh flower arrangement. For the theme colour, main table setting, pillars, registration table setting, arch, stage backdrop, pre-dinner cocktail etc, you can discuss the details with them but remember to check that whatever you have decided and agreed eg. colour of the table cloth, type of napkin fold, colour of napkin etc are followed through. I requested for candle-fold for my guests' napkins, but instead, I was given the fan-fold. Anyway, it was a minor issue, hence, I gave it a rest. Also, the initial main table setting wasn't as per my request but I was happy that they were swift to change according to my request.

And most of all, I love the bridal suite that was offered in their wedding package. It had a four-poster bed and amazing bathroom (with jacuzzi, I think but I forgot to use it) and it came with adjoining room that had another sofa and tv, refrigerator, sink and another bathroom!

If you would like to take a look at the pics, pls provide me with your email. I will email the pics after I have taken a look at the pictures myself! I hadn't had the time to look through the pictures yet as I was busy with my other dinner reception etc since then. Wishing you all the best in finding the perfect venue for your wedding reception. Just remember to enjoy yourself through it all.

Hi dear,

mind to share your photos with me? sheryl.phang@gmail.com

Am still seeking for wedding venue >< headache!!

thanks!

I had my reception at The Summit Ballroom on Sat, Feb 21st, and was pleased with their service. The food was served fast and hot. I didn't take the standard menu package but pick and choose from the dishes offered in their various packages. The price will vary depending on the dishes selected and you can try to negotiate with the sales person in charge. I deal with the Asst. Mgr and she has been vy helpful and accommodating to my requests (Tel: 03-8023 3000 ext 3025 or peksee@summithotel.com.my). No complain on the food/service at all.

As for corkage, the beer corkage seems to be non-negotiable hence, I didn't have any beer served during that night. Instead, I had hard liquor and wine served for my guests.

As for the decoration, I had my cousin & friends to help out with the fresh flower arrangement. For the theme colour, main table setting, pillars, registration table setting, arch, stage backdrop, pre-dinner cocktail etc, you can discuss the details with them but remember to check that whatever you have decided and agreed eg. colour of the table cloth, type of napkin fold, colour of napkin etc are followed through. I requested for candle-fold for my guests' napkins, but instead, I was given the fan-fold. Anyway, it was a minor issue, hence, I gave it a rest. Also, the initial main table setting wasn't as per my request but I was happy that they were swift to change according to my request.

And most of all, I love the bridal suite that was offered in their wedding package. It had a four-poster bed and amazing bathroom (with jacuzzi, I think but I forgot to use it) and it came with adjoining room that had another sofa and tv, refrigerator, sink and another bathroom!

If you would like to take a look at the pics, pls provide me with your email. I will email the pics after I have taken a look at the pictures myself! I hadn't had the time to look through the pictures yet as I was busy with my other dinner reception etc since then. Wishing you all the best in finding the perfect venue for your wedding reception. Just remember to enjoy yourself through it all.

hello GMC, i having my wedding next year, plan to have my wedding dinner at summit ballroom but worry about their all kind of services and food. can i take a look at ur pic? :lol:

my email address is keikei_lee85@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Hi GMC,

Do u mind to share with me your pictures and quotation ? Many Thanks

Here is my email address: yorkching@hotmail.com

hi gals,

i will be having my brides reception in summit too next year. i just got to know today will be Pek See's (Asst. Sales Manager i'm dealing wif) last day wif summit hotel, all related will b hand-over to her superior En. Zamri, should you have any inquires bout the wedding package.

I got their lastest package frm the bridal fair last week in MV, there's some difference wif the package given earlier. More things added, also some has taken-off.

Eg:

- free flow soft drinks for 4 hrs (OLD) / free flow soft drinks (Pre-dinner only), above 40tables free flow thru out the dinner.(NEW)

- exclusive Guest book (NEW)

- invitation card with hotel standard design (NEW)

- Dinner voucher RM 100 (OLD) / 1 nite stay in summit or sister property (NEW)

so, which will you gals prefer ??

Hi GMC,

Do u mind to share with me your pictures and quotation ? Many Thanks

Here is my email address: yorkching@hotmail.com

Hi GMC,

I'd love to take a look at your pictures and quotation. How many tables did you have? I am planning to have about 25 tables. Do you think that this size is suitable for the ballroom?

My hubby is a Malay and I am chinese. We are planning to have a fusion wedding.

Here is my email address : fnm.wedding10@gmail.com

Thanks.

Regards,

Michelle

hi gals,

i will be having my brides reception in summit too next year. i just got to know today will be Pek See's (Asst. Sales Manager i'm dealing wif) last day wif summit hotel, all related will b hand-over to her superior En. Zamri, should you have any inquires bout the wedding package.

I got their lastest package frm the bridal fair last week in MV, there's some difference wif the package given earlier. More things added, also some has taken-off.

Eg:

- free flow soft drinks for 4 hrs (OLD) / free flow soft drinks (Pre-dinner only), above 40tables free flow thru out the dinner.(NEW)

- exclusive Guest book (NEW)

- invitation card with hotel standard design (NEW)

- Dinner voucher RM 100 (OLD) / 1 nite stay in summit or sister property (NEW)

so, which will you gals prefer ??

Hi Steph,

Mind to share their new package? I didn't have the old one. Did you manage to take some photos to view?

Thanks!!

Hi Sheryl,

sorry for the late reply. Please give me your email i will fwd you the menu. The menu is negotiable, meaning you are allowed to change or add dishes, but price are subject to change.

I do not have the complimentary items in softcopies, so i will list it here. Min. 25 tables to entitle.

*bridal suite with breakfast in bed

*1 bottle ref wine & fruit basket with floral arrangement in bridal suite

*guest invitation card (hotel standard design, 5 pieces each table)

*exclusive guest registration book

*food tasting for 10 person upon confirmation

*corkage waived for 1 bottle hard liqour or 2 bottles wine per table

*1st course food presentation

*1st anniversary-one night stay at Summit Hotel USJ or sister property

*special wrapped gift cakes for all guest

*free flow soft drinks (pepso/7-up) for pre-dinner only

*standard backdrop

*standard PA system,LCD projector & screed

*wedding march music arrangement

*1 VIP parking for bridal car

*5-tier dummy wedding cake

*5-tier toasting fountain

*red carpet leading to bridal table

*wedding flower arch at entrance

*1 pair decorative ice carving

*bridal table with floral arrangement

*singles talk flower on guest tables

*white chair coverd with gold ribbon

**free flow soft drink all night long - min. 40 tables

**fresh flower arrangements for bridal table, Pillar & wedding arch - min. 40 tables

The complimentary item are non-negotiable. Meaning if you do not require certain items such as invitation cards, you are not allowed to exchanged against another item or further discounts on the package.

The above are valid for weddings in 2010. Since your wedding is 2011, i suggest you take this as reference as it may change for 2011.

Hi Sheryl,

sorry for the late reply. Please give me your email i will fwd you the menu. The menu is negotiable, meaning you are allowed to change or add dishes, but price are subject to change.

I do not have the complimentary items in softcopies, so i will list it here. Min. 25 tables to entitle.

*bridal suite with breakfast in bed

*1 bottle ref wine & fruit basket with floral arrangement in bridal suite

*guest invitation card (hotel standard design, 5 pieces each table)

*exclusive guest registration book

*food tasting for 10 person upon confirmation

*corkage waived for 1 bottle hard liqour or 2 bottles wine per table

*1st course food presentation

*1st anniversary-one night stay at Summit Hotel USJ or sister property

*special wrapped gift cakes for all guest

*free flow soft drinks (pepso/7-up) for pre-dinner only

*standard backdrop

*standard PA system,LCD projector & screed

*wedding march music arrangement

*1 VIP parking for bridal car

*5-tier dummy wedding cake

*5-tier toasting fountain

*red carpet leading to bridal table

*wedding flower arch at entrance

*1 pair decorative ice carving

*bridal table with floral arrangement

*singles talk flower on guest tables

*white chair coverd with gold ribbon

**free flow soft drink all night long - min. 40 tables

**fresh flower arrangements for bridal table, Pillar & wedding arch - min. 40 tables

The complimentary item are non-negotiable. Meaning if you do not require certain items such as invitation cards, you are not allowed to exchanged against another item or further discounts on the package.

The above are valid for weddings in 2010. Since your wedding is 2011, i suggest you take this as reference as it may change for 2011.

Hi,

here is my email address

sheryl.phang@gmail.com

Thanks!

I am kinda worried about the food, is it good? any one had their wedding dinner there lately?

Hi Sheryl,

Menu sent !!

Food wise i heard lots of comments, some say good, some say not so.. It's by personal preference.

Happy Planning !!

Hi Stephy,

I would like to have the quotation and food menu.

Can you send to my email address: jaganawong@gmail.com

Thanks!

kaka

Hi Kaka,

I've sent you the food menu, please check your email.

Happy Planning !!

can anybody send food menu or quotation to my email too? Really appreciate for those helping.

Hi Kaka,

I've sent you the food menu, please check your email.

Happy Planning !!

can anybody send food menu or quotation to my email too? Really appreciate for those helping.

Ming Yew,

i think you forget to provide ur email :lol:

Hi GMC,

Would you mind sharing your pictures and package to me?

Many thanks,

My email address is nippy.nips@gmail.com

Hi Stephanie

I'm interested to have my wedding reception in Summit as well, pls send the menu to my email kuan.cplusy@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi cplusy,

i have sent the menu to your mail. please check ya ..

Happy Planning :wink:

Hi Stephy,

i'm interested also. please send me the menu to amandayhl@hotmail.com

am headache now, almost restaurant full. got to look for hotel alrd.

thanks ya.

Hi Amandabie,

The Menu i got was since last year, they might have changed the package. I did not ended up signing with them, bcoz after add-ins they are more expensive than some of the hotels in KL. Also, they have changed 3 person-in-charge ever since i deal with them. I suggest u call them directly.

Dear Stephy,

1. Good day to you.

2. Can email me the details, packages & photos for Summit Hotel Ballroom to: jackyowyewhong@hotmail.com

3. Since you said, finally you did not sign up with Summit Hotel, mind to share you have signed up with which hotel which is even better deal?

Thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Amandabie,

The Menu i got was since last year, they might have changed the package. I did not ended up signing with them, bcoz after add-ins they are more expensive than some of the hotels in KL. Also, they have changed 3 person-in-charge ever since i deal with them. I suggest u call them directly.

hi, mind to share with me too? o1w27@yahoo.com

i m looking for wedding banquet, my wedding will be in feb 2010.

thanx in advance:)

Hi Jacky & o1w27

I have sign-up with Mandarin Palace, Federal Hotel :)

They package seems to be more affordable than summit

If you would like to know more, like i mentioned .. it's better to call up to summit hotel directly.

There might be changes on the package ..

Hi Amandabie,

hi stephy,

appreciate if u could email me the summit usj ballroom photo to paodynv@yahoo.co.uk