Sign in to follow this  
bashfulbride

Electric Oven

Nowadays oven 's door are not equipped with rubber like old one. Some said the new oven door (glass without rubber at side) let the heat comes out. I'm not sure about this.

I'm using cheapo sharp :D for my humble baking.

If anytime my oven goin to retired, i will option for Elba simply coz of price Rm300-400

The Delonghi is super $$$ leh up to Rm1000 any time.

Dear Bash,

What is your main purpose for having the electrical convention oven?

Hi suevian, main purpose is to bake cakes and cookies.

Was also considering microwave with baking features but was told that microwave doesn't do baking well... so I'm looking at convection ovens

Nowadays oven 's door are not equipped with rubber like old one. Some said the new oven door (glass without rubber at side) let the heat comes out. I'm not sure about this.

I'm using cheapo sharp :D for my humble baking.

If anytime my oven goin to retired, i will option for Elba simply coz of price Rm300-400

The Delonghi is super $$$ leh up to Rm1000 any time.

Hi simonne, I checked out your 'My Baking Diary' blog.. very nice! You are pro compared to me! Which model of sharp do you use?

Not too sure if this matters but if you're looking to get an oven, consider one that will last you a lifetime and allow you to bake more than just cakes or cookies.

It ought to fit in regular pan sizes - one good example is to try and fit a 12-medium sized muffin pan in, and stack up two pans to bake at the same time with ample space for heat circulation. You should also be able to broil/roast or grill items when necessary. Wattage or energy consumption is also important - no point getting an oven if it's going to eat up TOO MUCH electricity.

When you ask for models and such, inspect them in person (bring a measuring tape and etc) and ask the sales person what the energy consumption is like.

Hi, I'm using the Delonghi one.. err, just started using it, can't comment much... Can only tell you it's big enough and costly$$$...

Was trying to decide between the Delonghi one or Elba and ended up with Elba to save cash.

Have been extensively using it (roasting food/baking cakes, etc) for at least a year now and still in pretty much good condition. Based on my personal experience, I feel that it's pretty much good value for cash.

If want economic, brand such as ELBA, FABER, PENSONIC are quite OK.

If want quality, may go for TEFAL, PANASONIC.

me using Electrolux built in. Very good. from outside the glass while baking, my kid still can touch it without feeling "hot"....insulation is very good.For me no regrets lor.

Also no need to turn muffin trays or cake and the muffins and cakes are even no matter how many you bake at a time!

Yesterday I saw the Bangsar village professional chef using Delonghi brand, their cup cakes colour not even at all and they dare to sell at RM 3 per small cup cake! And the chef needs to rotate the muffin trays and its "hot" can't touch the glass....

I mean if you can afford, go for it lor....

I totally agree with Meiteoh...invest in one good one that last a lifetime :) Also you can bake food (cooking) and bread too...

HOpe it helps in the info... :cool:

JL

I bought an oven Panasonic. can bake n steam... the cake turned out beautifully! no browning on edges, no charring, no hardness, just uniformed moist cake.

www.asiangirlwesternworld.blogspot.com

Hi heartiest,

I am looking for one but my concern is about the energy consumption. I have read your blog. It's sound really good can grill, steam, bake, roast,...and the price also reasonable. This what I am looking for. Does this microwave oven energy saving? Thanks in advance.

Hi gals,

We bought the Elba Oven 6101SS for RM 1605 at the Home Dec recently.

Can someone advice is this is a good oven?

Actually I know nothing bout over nor baking.

Just plan to learn how to bake cookies , cake after wed.

The sales person said, this is made in China.

The other one fully imported from Italy is 2k plus.

So,we thought of getting the cheaper one as I'm beginner.

May I know did we make a correct choice?

# Sensor Touch Control

# LCD Fully Electronic Display

# 10 Function Electric Oven

# Convention,Half Grill,Roast Setting, Hot Air Baking,Hot Air Grilling,Convention+Fan,Pizza Setting,Full Grill,Express Cook and Defrost

# Capacity : 56 Litres

# Speed Cook

# Memory Menu

# Digital Clock with automatic cut off timer

# Cavity Cooling System

http://www.elba.com.my/cook-oven-6101SS.htm?a=8

hm...read so many comments...end up still confused and dunno which branch to choose.

has been survey for quality and budget oven. but dunn really get the answer. can anyone here recommend which branch to choose as below:

Kenwook, Faber, Elba, Milus, Delonghi, Noxxa Breadmaker.

tq

Seriously anyone heard about Fagor or has anyone used it before.

Some said fagor is similar to Teka a erman brand.

I use to use my mom's oven, now getting my own is more difficult to decide.

I have been using Fagor oven for 1 year now. So far no complaints and I am pretty satisfy with the oven. The model that I am using is HT-50X (click here for details). Retails price was RM3+k but I got it at 50% during Homedec in Nov 2007 (display set discount). However, Bevona actually got Fagor to deliver a brand new oven to me as they decided not to remove the display unit from their showroom - same goes to the Fagor hood. Haha...

BTW Fagor is from Spain. I would say Teka is more well-known and thus more pricy than Fagor in general. I am using Teka's Vitroceramic hob (model no. VT CM) and the quality is excellent.

We are using Fotile Oven.....have used it for various purpose....so far so good.

Before even choosing a brand, Question to ask is "Do you really need an oven? How often you will use it?"

Spend wisely, in current turmoil.

Cheers.

I have been using Fagor oven for 1 year now. So far no complaints and I am pretty satisfy with the oven. The model that I am using is HT-50X (click here for details). Retails price was RM3+k but I got it at 50% during Homedec in Nov 2007 (display set discount). However, Bevona actually got Fagor to deliver a brand new oven to me as they decided not to remove the display unit from their showroom - same goes to the Fagor hood. Haha...

BTW Fagor is from Spain. I would say Teka is more well-known and thus more pricy than Fagor in general. I am using Teka's Vitroceramic hob (model no. VT CM) and the quality is excellent.

Hi bunnyNwife, I am also interested in getting the Teka vitroceramic hob. May I ask how much did you pay for yours? and will it increase electricity consumption?

Thanks!

Rach,

I paid close to RM2k for it if I am not mistaken. Vitraceramic hod will consume more electricity than induction but less than the typical hot plate kinda electric hod. I am not a heavy user thus I can't really feel that the electricity consumption has gone up significantly. One good thing is that it's remains very hot even after you off the hod and thus you dun need to wait till you are done with the cooking then only off the hod. Also you can use any cooking ware with vitroceramic hod. I like it very much as it keeps my kicthen rather smoke-free and easy to clean.

Rach,

I paid close to RM2k for it if I am not mistaken. Vitraceramic hod will consume more electricity than induction but less than the typical hot plate kinda electric hod. I am not a heavy user thus I can't really feel that the electricity consumption has gone up significantly. One good thing is that it's remains very hot even after you off the hod and thus you dun need to wait till you are done with the cooking then only off the hod. Also you can use any cooking ware with vitroceramic hod. I like it very much as it keeps my kicthen rather smoke-free and easy to clean.

Hi bunnyNwife, thanks so much for the prompt reply :) Am thinking of getting a modular vitroceramic hob to be installed in the dry kitchen for easy heating / light cooking, and the more conventional gas hob for the wet kitchen. Did you get yours at Benova?

By the way, I am also using the HT-50X oven. I am quite a heavy user, and no complains generally :lol: , except that although the glass door is double glazed, the door is still quite hot - Do you have that problem?

Now that I am moving and have an excuse to update my kitchen equipmt :cool: , am thinking of getting an oven with child lock and 'cool' door (triple glazed I suppose) as my 1 yr old is very active and loves hanging out at the dry kitchen although she knows it is against the rules... :sad:

Yup.. I got mine from Benova too. As for HT-50X, I was surprise too that the door still hot despite it's double glazed. Is there any triple glazed door oven?? Why dun you "lock" your kid out from the kitchen? That would be a safer option.