rukia

Keep Gallery BS - (Wedding Photography Studio in Malaysia )

chloe_mei, i think KG got many cameron sample albums wor.. have u been there? btw i seen crysta's PS very nice ler, she had it in cameron too :)

junyan, only 16 days to go!!! :D

chloe,

sorry ah i dont really feel like sharing my photo :P shy la to show my panda eyes. all of them needs touch up... and i still havent decide if i wanted to pay extra for touch up :S

junyan, bei bei,

i finally got a call from KG, so long of waiting, only to be told that touch up is NOT complimentary... now its a really huge sum to pay... with the economy like this im still thinking if i want to pay that much just for a photo album... aiiiiiiii

iwinelin,

oh you called armadale already? wah what is your size? im a size 12, if i can fit into the gowns at armadale, im sure you can la!

anyway, im not sure about the gowns at KG now, when i went for my fitting for my PS, there was only 4 gowns i can fit ok!

so if you said armadale dont have anything for you. then i think you BETTER test out the gowns at KG before you sign them up!! cos their gowns are even lesser than armadale !!! :P

some of the brides took some pics of the gown during the recent sale (those are last years stock they are clearing), you can have a rough view what they have there... those are the ones they are selling for Rm400-600...

i saw their new gowns for PS, my saliva also drooling non stop liao :P

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....65&st=1620#

Hi Evelyn,

Yeah, I called Armadale but they said they don't have many of my size. I'm actually larger than you, i'm size 14. Another issue is that they don't open on Monday. I will only be in KL on Mon and Tue. I checked with KG and they said they have around 10 new gowns that I can fit. But as you said, I guess I will try those gowns first before deciding to take photos.

Today I'm called Keep Gallery to clarify a few things as yesterday someone called my hubby whether we can change or PS date. As we are in Sarawak, every arrangement has been done. I was told that Dong Dong is going to take leave during my PS dates and as I called previously that I specifically request Dong Dong to be my MUA.

Further to get to my nerves is... I was never told that we will only be given back the softcopy of our pictures taken in resolution that only can be printed out in 4R. Personally I find this ridiculous as I have paid RM1,500 ONLY for photo shooting, without album & frame photo and stuff and at the end of the day... I don't even get back the softcopy of my pictures in high resolution. I asked why we are not given back the softcopy in High Resolution as I paid RM1,500 solely for photoshoot only... the reply was... the pictures are the only thing that we can keep you do the album and was the pictures there.

My request is practically very simple... 1. have my picture taken, 2. get back all my softcopy in HIGH RESOLUTION 3. possibly make a album out of the pictures.

If I knew they will say all these to me... as I well I hire a freelance photographer to do all these for me.

I was further told that other BS also won't give back the HIGH RESOLUTION softcopy back. I told him that NO... my sister get back all the pictures from Covershot... in HIGH RESOLUTION.

As previous you all know that I'm having a series of bad luck during my wedding planning.... I'm counting this one in.

BTW... I was told... If I want the pictures back in HIGH RESOLUTION... I need to pay RM10 per piece. This is really making SENSE to me. What do you think?

Honestly... they are better be worth it. I can't afford to go to another BS for a pre-wedding photoshoot.

Hi Datina, I also think softcopy that can only print up to 4R is too low of resolution. This is the main reason that I haven't signed up with them. But I wonder there is any other bridal shop out there that can give us back all the softcopies with high resolution for less than RM2000. I can't involve freelance PG because they don't provide gown and MU. Sigh!

Hi Datina, I also think softcopy that can only print up to 4R is too low of resolution. This is the main reason that I haven't signed up with them. But I wonder there is any other bridal shop out there that can give us back all the softcopies with high resolution for less than RM2000. I can't involve freelance PG because they don't provide gown and MU. Sigh!

Hi iwinelin,

I didnt engage with keep gallery, the main reason is the same as yours, I dont see what can I do with the 4R resolution pictures, they might as well dont give me at all and give me a better discount.

I end up signing with one bridal house which could offer me all the CDR that in high resolution, and the package is only RM2K plus, and it is a complete package with all the gowns for shooting and for actual day!

Hi Jaychow, can you tell me which bridal shop is that? Would u share the package with me as well?

iwinelin@hotmail.com

Thanks.

I signed up with Touch Collection, I will email my package to you of course, and I was told that they are having a bridal fair at Sunway this weekend, not sure it is true or not, maybe you can check.

Hope you will find a "dream" package

:)

hi Datina n gals,

I dunno what to say but just share my opinion here. But pls dun get me wrong, im not proctecting them or what. Im also a normal consumer like u all here.

1) About the photos softcopies, i was told by them that they ll only give back 4R resolution b4 signed up. And i think is reasonable cuz really most of the BS never give back the soft copy. Some ll only give which u selected for ur album only. I had my ROM at Covershots too. They only gave back to me all the softcopy PROVIDED to top up/another spent of certain amount RM.(forgot how much alr :P) If i not mistaken, KG ll give back in good resolution on which photos u selected for album too..

About the RM10 for the high resolution photos, i think mb diff/ wrong meaning we get? Cuz what i know RM10 is to add the pose/photos in the album. Meants we ll get back those photos in High Reso as in the album.( as other nomral BS did)

2) About the RM1500,cuz of OD at malacca or cameron. IF u take klang valley, RM900 is consider very cheap. (for me la). This is bcuz in this RM1500 or RM900, we got 4 GOWNS, Makeup, Hairdo, + all softcopies. It's very worth! CUz i calculated b4

4 gowns = rm250(*cheapest in town) x 4 = rm1000

make up = rm400 x1 = rm400

This 2 things alr cost me RM1400!!!

If we get the freelance PG, min/cheapest = RM900 per day (but normally ll be 2k la i think)

So Grand Total = RM2300

But now i paid RM1500 only for all things mentioned + awarded PG!! WORTH to me!

3) About other BS, for me, i wont compare KG's works wt other BS. I always told my frens who r very interested on my PS photos, if u want something special feel photos, great skill PG for ur PS photos, KG is the best!

BUT if u r the type who looking what i have in the package/want to get many many free things, u can sure get very good package from other BS. Good package in terms of include many things like album la, ji mui photos la, AD gowns la etc.... BUt from my survey, all these BS ll give u the normal PS photos( traditional photos)

Share my experience, i got 2 frens who totally diff gang. Both of them didnt know each others. When i saw their PS photos, im feel very funny!!! Cuz both of them went to the same BS. Both of their album are SAME!!! Poses SAME!! Album feel SAME!!! only the the 'head' is diff.

Another fren of mine got a very WORTH package, only rm3k++. Got many things!!!(all u need in a wedding) Including VG on shooting days!! i also agreed Worth in VALUE of $$. BUt she also feel that her photos just like normal wedding photos. Nothing special!! She love my ps photos fromKG too!!

Im the type who looking for special photos!! i dun 1 my PS photos looks like photostate from other couple!! I wan to show my personality/character in my photos.

So my conclusion is, go to KG only if u looking for nice & special & art wedding photos.

Hope my sharing here wont offended any1..

Cheers!! Let's be Happy Bride together!!

hi eve,

oic..em.. meants they ll only do the touch up on the photos that u selected to put in the album. And for the top up pose/photos, they ll charge rm10 each. so this rm10 is to pay to put in the album. At the same time, sure they have to touch up the photos!

But to me, i think is quite Hard/Impossible for them or other BS to touch up all 800 photos u have. I think is reasonable they ll only touch up on the photos that u selected only.

Cuz i know other BS wont touch up all 800 photos we have and give it back to us too for free. They l only free for those photos we selected.

Just sharing my thoughts only..:)

Anyway hope u ll have a great album/photos for ur wedding :)

Cheers!!

im truly disappointed and all fired up with the lackadaisical service.

well, truthfully speaking, a GOOD & PROFESSIONAL photographer would know how to catch your BEST angle, and make you look good. minimal touch up of lighting and contrast i can accept it.

BUT if EVERY photo needs to be TOUCHED UP to look good. ANYBODY can also be a photographer NO need to pay RM2k++ to hire a professional PG!!!

why i feel sour about this whole thing is because

1. i didnt receive the kind of service that they promised

2. i've got to make my OWN arrangement each time i went to see them, but even with appointment they are NOT free to talk to me/ or they are NOT even there (whats the point of making appointment?)

3. i make appointment to go and try the gowns, end up NO ONE was there, dong2 went off for PS, my PG sitting inside the room doing his own things, end up i got to get my HB to help me zip up etc! until cindy came back from lunch

4. i specifically told them WHAT i wanted, and what i DONT want in my make up. even showed pictures of what i liked, end up i got EVERYTHING i dont like!!

5. my gowns were too big for me on PS day, but they told me can touch up. now they want to charge me for touch up!! IF the gowns were my size would i still need to pay for touch up? of course not!! what was worse is that NOW they are putting it ALL back at me, WHY I DIDNT MENTION THAT THE GOWNS ARE TOO BIG WHEN I WAS AT CAMERON OR PD?

or things like, IF you didnt like the hairstyle WHY didnt you tell the MUA, i told her i didnt like it, but her face went black like charcoal, and told me ITS LIKE THAT ONE LA... wtf

if im paying for touch up to remove some fine lines or wrinkles, pimples etc, im okay with it, but IF the photos required touch up because of a fault caused by them I.e. those ill fitting gowns. i feel like im victimised here.

i can go on and on about this, i seriously regret choosing this BS, but im held at their ransom now, a wrong choice has been made, nothing can reverse it already.

now im just hoping that they will honour their promise to give me back my photos in the 4R resolution as they have promised this weekend. and i'll just use that 35 photos to make my album and FORGET about this whole incident... really upsetting... but a lesson well learnt.

Edited by evelynsaw

Dear Bei Bei, Evelyn...

I do understand what you are saying as last nite my hubby also try to analysis everything with me. Regarding Dong Dong taking leave on my PS date...I know she deserve and has the right to take leave....not her fault. I respect that and understand. Well... i do give CREDIT to my PG Sam Chui as he take the initiative and time to actually call my hubby and trying get us make arrangement for us on this matter. Of course... I'm annoyed but I know I have no control over this matter.

As for the 4R resolution stuff... I was not told. Hence my big reaction. I was only told that I'll be given back my softcopy pictures.

Honestly... I don't like confrontation and I don't want to piss anyone. I just want to make sure my money is spent worthwhile. I know my RM1500 is not much... and it seems they are offering alot for my little RM1500.

I'm just a bride-to-be trying to make sure everything turn out pleasant and I pray everyday, hope that my picture will turn out nicely like beibei and crystal... instead of going through what evelyn has to go through (I'm sorry evelyn...) if you suffer the string of bad luck like me... you will get paranoid at EVERYTHING. I'm sorry to say this Evelyn... but if my picture turn out nicely like beibei... I'll be delighted and jumping up and down in joy... However if my luck swings more towards on Evelyn .... I know I get frustrated like Evelyn too. I know alot of you will tell me that.... I might think my pictures are not beautiful while my PG or some of your gals might think that my pictures are beautiful... I understand that.

Come to think of it .... this is beibei and crystal fault... (hahaha... gals... I'm just teasing and JOKING ).... your pictures are too beautiful and perfect... and hence... we have high expectation for our own pictures. Yes ... I realise I'm not Miss Universe... hence... I can't expect KG to turn me into one.

Okie... I'll do this with open perspective and be reasonable with KG.

datina,

i'm totally upset at how my PS with KG turned out to be, and also their service and how they are handling my case, they are ABSOLUTELY out with one AIM which is to make more money from us.

i thought my nightmare with them would end if i paid them to release the higher resolution files to me, and then i add some of our childhood pictures and pictures my HB took during the PS of me getting make up etc, my friend offered to touch up and do my album layoout for me, then get KG to print out the album.

but you know what? KG told me even if i do my own touch up and layout design they WOULD STILL be charging me for touch up and design, prior to printing my album for me. <_<

so my advise to you

if you insist on going ahead with the PS, on the scheduled date, just make sure you lay down your cards with them right up front. for your benefit also, call them to tell you WHO is the replacement MUA, i will PM you the one i had, JUST make sure you don't get her, else you will end up like me.

IF they insist on you rescheduling your PS, get them to refund you on your losses on accommodation, airfare, and any other costs of inconvenience, just don't get bullied ok! cos from day one they already knew you are from East Msia, and your PS date has been booked way in advance, if they over looked/over booked or want to take leave etc, they should have considered this WAY before they accepted your booking, not now when PS date is so near.

i really hate that feeling where i feel im being bullied by KG, sometimes i wished i've chosen the same PG as BeiBei, crysta, kaede maybe then i dont even have to worry about what im facing now...

Dear Evelyn...

Thanks for your advise and do remember to PM me the name of the MUA that you had at KG PS.

After viewing all the good and bad comment on KG... I personally come to a conclusion...(just me 2 cents opinion)....it is important to choose who to be your PG at KG. Personally... my PG is Sam Chui and so far he has been professional...at first I'm having doubts on him as everyone seems to engaged Sam Leong as their PG. But I have a good feeling with Sam Chui as I previously called to ask Dong Dong to be my MUA ...but as I said earlier Dong Dong is on leave during my PS shoot due to personal reasons. Sam C personally called my hubby to ask whether we can reschedule our PS as I specially request Dong Dong to be my MUA. I called to KG on the next day to ask and clarify on the call that my hubby received. (You know lar... MAN.... blur blur one... don't care about anything as long as his face in the picture). However... I didn't get to talk to Sam C as he was out on a photoshoot. But at least KG did convey my concern to Sam C and he did called my hubby for the second time to clarify the matter on the MUA and convince my hubby that the MUA that they use are all professional and even be better than Dong Dong. He also asked as whether we have any problems and all and further confirm our PS which woudl be on 4th & 5th Aug.

Hence... to be fair to my PG Sam Chui... I do give him the tumbs up as NOT making me feel irrelevant just because I only paid RM1,500 instead of paying RM4K - RM6K to buy me the privilege and respect I should get as a customer. (FYI .... Sam Chui is a bald guy at the studio whom I personally find him nice and easy to talk to).

Hi everyone,

My PS is scheduled on 29.07.2008... I've read so many comments recently on KG it makes me nervous.. esp the part on the possibility of my gown not fitted correctly... how to be happy and natural on PS day if my gown is loose and look weird? :blink:

I've called them few times to confirm my PS date.. and also asked what time shd i come on PS day. They said will get Tung Tung to call me to let me know what time is the PS and what preparation needed.. But till now no news from them... how? Do i need to keep calling them.. chasing them so many times?

So far when i went to their shop, they treated me very nice and friendly. I think recently they are lack of staff.. so hard for them to cope with so many customers. But hopefully their photo will still b nice ya :rolleyes:

Wish me luck hehe.. i'll try to call them again :)

so jcjy Ps first, then is My PS, aftertat is Datina PS.

HAPPY PS! be positive!

Everything will run smooth and we will get pretty pretty photos!

:D

beibei,

I would like to ask u, may i know how much KG charge u for add additional 1 pose? RM 10 or RM20? My album is 8x12. I need to add 20 poses in my album (8x12), so how much i should negotia with them? ;)

Thank you very much ah....

I agree that Rm900 for photoshoot is still cheap but I'm still in dillema whether I want to have all the photo softcopies or just the selectives one.

Jcjy, Junyan and Datina, would you please share your photos with me when your photos is ready to be view? And of course, please share with us your experience during PS. Good luck to all of you! :-)

Hi hi,

Frankly speaking, i like KG PS so much, like thier feeling....but.......

I'm just sign up with KG on last week. Now thiers photoshooting a bit pricy lah...rm900+rm500(OD at Cameron) = rm1400 but will take PS on second day morning to afternoon then r finish! Not more indoor PS & night PS on 1st day night :blink: Not same like beibei & crysta lah!! If additional makeup r change rm600 means if want take PS on 1st day night need paid rm600 ;) not worth lah!!! But if want take another day to take PS, add up rm600, area include 2 KL area loh!! Any bride from KG can help me for this!? Bcau feel some regret after come back home! and think the PS scene r little and not much choice for choose the poses for make album!!! Can bargain with them after sign up?

hi twins, it depends on who is ur PG. But they r quite straight nowdays, all these are fixed price even b4 u sign up, but u can ask for more free things lor. Hope this help. :)

Hi all BTBs,

I am new here, trying to find myself a BS for next year...i went shopping the other day at SS2 but couldnt really settle myself to anyone of them...and i heard that KG is quite good with photography and stuff...some even told me that the package was like only RM1600 inclusive of everything! I read the recent posts...but none of you signed up for such package... <_< I guess those are just rumours huh? Please enlighten, please help... :(

hi, im intesting also. can u share ur photo with me? i still do the searching on BS

my email is chuah_sk@live.com

thanks.

datina,

PM you already. better check the replacement MUA portfolio, the one assigned to me - from their description was one of the TOP MUA in the industry :P

when i finally met the MUA and chat her, she's very fresh and only had 1 year ++ experience as a MUA, i was almost hyperventilating once i found out about that, cos my expectation of TOP and thiers is totally different :P

when i think of TOP its something like Sharon/Cynthia from weddingisle with 15 years of experiance as MUA... anyway its back to expectations again :D just try not to expect so much :)

iwinelin,

not sure if you are going for the RM900 package with local OD, if you are, and your main concern is getting back all the photos in high resolution files, do consider what i send over to you. its almost similar to KG offer, but with lesser gowns, but the plus point is you get EVERYthing back in high resolution. so thats one more option for you to consider :)

happy searching!

angle82,

hi! seen u already shop so many bridal house in ss2, sure u already view lots photos....

my opinion is..look for the photo shooting skill tat u like first..............

then discuss with them the package. Get the package tat suit to ur budget and u r mostly satisfied with and request for the PG tat u prefer(c his portfolio).Dun forget to c the gowns too....

the most important is u like the photo shooting skill! even u get a very good package with everything (lots of free things, many poses, many beautiful gowns, etc).....but not the photo u like...........then for me...everything is nothing....

if u r interested about KG, y not directly go to their shop in Sunway (i think more photo to c there)............

research for their lastest package. if u satisfied with everything, then try to negotiate with them the price/package...alter to ur needs...............and confirm the PG u want. Dun worry, the PG there r not as pushy as other BS (my experience).

KG package is different from time to time, so cannot compare with previous package tat other BTB sign, just as a reference la............ :)

(many BTB signed when KG newly open, so sure get cheaper package and discount, but dun forget, tat time gowns selection also isn't tat much...........)

cheers

hi jacqline,

Yes, they r quite straight nowdays, all these are fixed price even b4 i sign up, what r the free things?? :huh: maybe u can pm me.