Johnnyzai

what brand milk powder your baby drink

My daughter drinks Enfapro A+. I bought the refill box 700gm at RM41.90. Bfore she was 1 yr old, she drank Enfalac A+ and thats RM42.90 for 700gm box. These are all old prices/old packing cos when I buy, I buy in bulk..1 or 2 cartons. Milk powder increases all the time, I dont want to get heart attack everytime I go to the chinese medical hall.

My 1 year old son drinks NAN HA 1. Going to switch to NAN HA 2 once my NAN HA 1 finish. Bought it at RM35 for 900 gm(Special staff price). Planning to give him Neslac after NAN HA 2.

I didn't stick to one brand of milk.

I have tried S26, S26 gold, Mamil, Mamil Gold, Anmum, Enfa, Snow & Friscolac.

So far my boy not used to S26 gold - too hot for him & Friscolac - he doesn't like the taste.

Enfa is the lightest color powder for the brand i tested.

Just worry that will it be melamine contaiminated?

It is manufactured in Thailand.

My Boy is on Similac Advance Eye Q, old packing is RM 55.9 now new packing is at RM60 ! I was running around swiping up all the old stock last 2 weeks :rolleyes:

My baby had been drinking enfalac A+ from birth till 6 months old. Then changed to enfapro A+ from 6 months old till now (11 months old).

my gal now drinks Similac Advance Eye Q old packing. she rejects the new packing and hardly poo poo so i sapu all the old packing :lol: but now hardly can found the old packing, now stock in hand left 2 so tot of changing brand.

pls advise can i jz change directly? cos my mil says cannot must mix with the current one then slowly fully change the new one... my gal now is 4 months ++

my boy is now 26 months, taking enfa since born, very good, poo is nice since born. only when change to stage 3,his poo was hard (now also the same), but i did let him tried few brand, mamil gold, frisco(he dont like the taste),dumes(dugro) recenlty.

but at last i still fix to enfa, ha, wonder why..i just worry for other brand is nto good ha..

heard comments from my friend's experience. her son (almost same age as mine), has Snow when born, the baby has serious coughing whenver having milk, after tried many ways, the doc suggested her to take Enfa(more oily type, not sure what is the model), after having it,the baby can have the milk easily everytime. ..

my gal is taking s26..it costs rm49 for 900g in tin. now only buy 700g refill which cost rm35.90..and it depends at where we buy..

diff places will give diff prices.

how we know that the milk is not suitable with the baby?? advise me pls..i'm a new mother

my gal is taking s26..it costs rm49 for 900g in tin. now only buy 700g refill which cost rm35.90..and it depends at where we buy..

how we know that the milk is not suitable with the baby?? advise me pls..i'm a new mother

Hi, you can know from her stool. Normally the stool will be hard or she doesn't poo poo everyday or as she used to be if the formula milk is not suitable for her.

My daughter also drank S26 (Snow Brand) but her poo poo was terrible, very sticky, green in colour, the worst thing was she didn't poo poo for about 4 days. Her face had lots of measles and to the point that she refused to drink milk...S26 really heaty for her.

My bb gal is taking PROMIL GOLD now since 2 weeks. She is actually on ANMUM, but on CNY that day all store run out of stock coz on process to changing pack. so, i got no choice,change to promil gold. so far, she is ok with it. Plan to continue promil if ok. MAMEX GOLD and PROMIL GOLD, which one is better? If comparing the price, mamex is more expensive. Any idea?

Hi, you can know from her stool. Normally the stool will be hard or she doesn't poo poo everyday or as she used to be if the formula milk is not suitable for her.

My daughter also drank S26 (Snow Brand) but her poo poo was terrible, very sticky, green in colour, the worst thing was she didn't poo poo for about 4 days. Her face had lots of measles and to the point that she refused to drink milk...S26 really heaty for her.

i see..now she'll poo poo everyday but the timing is not regular..it can be at nite, morning..or whenever she feels like throwing the unwanted :lol::lol:

the first stool came out in green but follows by yellowish color...it happen daily

my bb drink similac with iron from birth ... but found that he poo once in 2 days. at 2nd month we changed to similaq (gold cover).. he poo everyday but color green..

now change to friscolaq.. ok de.. poo poo everyday yellowish color.

im giving my son frisolac too...prev on Enfalac A+, poo not nice (very sticky n smelly!!)...however, he poo once every 2 day...my paed said is OK, is the poo 'quality' that matters, not the quantity....

btw, where u girls normally buy the susu? i heard medical hall is cheaper, but the one i went to, the price is higher than Tesco for frisolac.....any recommendation where to get milk with better price?

I found that Tesco selling the cheapest Frisolac.. RM48.30.

Others place like giant / jusco selling RM53++

Medical hall can find cheaper by 1-2 ringgit from the price printed at the tong.

My daughter is now on Enfagrow A+. It's so much cheaper now compared to Enfalac A+ and Enfapro A+. I get my Enfagrow A+ 1.3kg box at RM60.90 at this chinese medical hall in Taman Megah. I have done my survey and this shop sells the cheapest.

My son is 2 1/2 yrs old. All these while we have sticked to Dumex brand, from stage 1 to stage 3. The moment we move him to stage 3, i notice tat ants starts coming to our kitchen and his milk power is the cause of it!! I had tasted his milk and it's very, very, very sweet... Also, he is passing hard stool.

Later, i found out that most of the formula milk are sweet (because they are formula not cow's milk). And our bb dun actually need the formula once they celebrate their 1st. birthday. Move them to full cream milk if the baby start taking solid, once they reach 2, can opt for the reduced fat (still cow's milk but 2% lesser fats).

According to my son's doctor, all these milk formulations that they claimed can make our bb become smarter are all marketing strategies. The best milk is still cow's milk, cheap and good. But, remember : DO NOT GIVE COW'S MILK TO BABIES UNDER 12 MONTHS OLD!

I strongly recommed cow's milk for bigger bb; not heaty, not been sweeten and cheap. Especially those are already reach 2 years old, they dun need those stage 3, 4, 5 anymore. Let them have lots of healthy food and fruits.

My son is taking Fernleaf instant milk (reduced fat). RM25 for 1.2kg!

My baby is 2 months old.

She was on KARIHOME infant formula milk (goat milk) for a month.

but I found her stool is hard and she has heat rash on face even she poo every morning.

then I changed to ENFALAC A+.

The stool is green, sticky, and so smelly. The paed said green it's ok, just have to worry if it's white or red only.

Mum said stool green is because of startled.

I think stool is green n sticky may cause by baby's digest problem.

Maybe the milk is new for her body and can't absorb it.

Now I'm alternate giving both milk powder. It's become yellow and not so smelly. ^^

My baby is 2 months old.

She was on KARIHOME infant formula milk (goat milk) for a month.

but I found her stool is hard and she has heat rash on face even she poo every morning.

then I changed to ENFALAC A+.

The stool is green, sticky, and so smelly. The paed said green it's ok, just have to worry if it's white or red only.

Mum said stool green is because of startled.

I think stool is green n sticky may cause by baby's digest problem.

Maybe the milk is new for her body and can't absorb it.

Now I'm alternate giving both milk powder. It's become yellow and not so smelly. ^^

Hi Icy Ice,

I think you need to monitor the stool, normal stool will be yellowish. If the stool is green, sticky and very smelly, it may due to the formula milk is heaty and not suitable for your baby. This happened to my baby when she consumed S26 Snow Brand.

I think it's not advisable to use two different brand milk powder. Do check with your paed.

i agree with faith...my paed told me if that formula is OK, stick with it, dont change....changes will cause constipation too...

so guess is not only my son's poo is sticky n smelly when consuming enfalac A+....vomited few times when cleaning my son's butt...