hylim007

Biphenol A in Baby Bottles Damages Brain, Reproductive System

A study has once again reminded us that bisphenol A, a toxic chemical in plastics used in transparent baby bottles and food containers may cause damage to the brain and reproductive systems.

Biphenol A is similar to the sex hormone estradiol. It has been proven in animal studies that biphenol A can cause brain damage, hyperactivity, abnormal sexual behavior, early puberty, and disrupted reproductive cycles, among other things.

The study reviewed 115 research papers on the effect of low-doses of biphenol A. Most of these studies were conducted on mice and rats.

Biphenol A can be released from plastic into food when heated, washed, or exposed to acidic foods.

The study appeared in Environmental Health Perspectives, published by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.

Just to share. Heard friend saying US or don't know which country is recalling all those BPA products from market. We at M'sia still blur blur <_<

BPA Free bottle brand is MAM. Can get it at babyland ss2

HUKM is using MAM milk bottle.

US companies are actually recalling some of their own stuff and making new BPA free products.

There are still a lot of companies that are selling items with BPA in them, but nothing that is supposed to be used repeatedly (like baby food containers). Those items are supposedly "fine". It's the repeated usage that causes the BPA to be released.

US companies are actually recalling some of their own stuff and making new BPA free products.

There are still a lot of companies that are selling items with BPA in them, but nothing that is supposed to be used repeatedly (like baby food containers). Those items are supposedly "fine". It's the repeated usage that causes the BPA to be released.

but the baby bottles we use is being used repeatedly, so dangerous right?30+? Someone told me cheaper than that, less than RM 20 but don't know same size or not. The RM 30+ is how many ml?

Dreams come true,

The link provided is...Avent will launch BPA free milk bottle. Right now in the market are not BPA free yet. I know the only brand is BPA free is MAM.

DoctorBrown & Avent has yet produce BPA free milk bottle.

hylim, I cant remember the price exactly..only remember bout rm30+ retail..got it at babyland. I think you can find MAM bottle at any baby store.

Avent already have BPA free bottle in US and will be launching it in UK probably end of this year... but i think it'll take ages for Avent to have the BPA free bottle in Malaysia....

wow the Avent BPA free bottles really expensive..

but for the safety of baby, i guess no choice but to spend a lil more on this lo..

hope they will hv better discount price soon lo..

I'm originally using Avent bottle...and i bot 2 NUby BPA free bottle @rm17.90 at jusco for my son...however he doesn't seems like the bottle and he refuse to drink milk with nuby bottle... :( end up i still using AVent now

sigh...hopefully avent will launch BPA free bottle at kl soon.

my friend tell me here can get a cheaper BPA-Free baby bottle

http://cforum2.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?...;extra=page%3D2

cheaper than MAM, only RM15.90 : ) i alreadi ask my friend to order 2 for me, hehe.

the price is cheap but does it have anti-colic function?

errr, not sure leh, got to ask my friend. But think my son ok cause so far he's been using the normal brand of bottles, no anti-colic. He doesn't like Avent brand cause it's wide neck.

I found Nuby brand non-drip milk bottle with BPA-free label @ Mothercare, 1Utama. Price is RM17.90, much cheaper than MAM. Mommies can consider this as alternative.

My hubby bought this for our baby in singapore...is call Bfree (some country might call it Born Free)....

http://www.mybbstore.com/webshaper/store/v...ProductItem=974

We bought 4-in-a-pack (9oz), cost ard SGD65 and the tit is about SGD5.50/pack of 2....even after conversion, still cheaper than in msia....

oh, i saw another brand in magazine too, call Timmee Tippee...is BPA free and anti-colic

BPA FREE means what? Free doesnt mean Not containing BPA at all? i'm using avent and wonder

whether is it still safe to use it?

I would take 'Free' = 'not containing' wor isnt it ? :unsure: .. given that there is limited version of BPA free bottle here AND your baby already got used to a certain brand of teats, what choice do you have ? <_< ..

Anyway anyone going to Hong Kong/Taiwan i can tumpang to buy Dr. Brown PES do let me know :rolleyes: