niq

Honeymoon to Krabi

Hi hi,

i was in Krabi last month and stayed in Royal Nakara Hotel near Ao Nang Beach, booked it via latestays.com at RM190/room/night inclusive of breakfast for 2. It's a family run boutique hotel, where rates are very affordable, location is fantastic and service is excellent. Breakfast is pretty simple, (same stuff everyday) and not much facilities available. Excellent if you plan to have a clean, decent room to stay in and be out on day trips most of the time. :D

Hi picopico,

I'm interested to go Krabi and after read your posts, it makes me want to go immediately =P

I tried to find the package at GoHoliday but there is no Pakasai resort offer there.. Juz curious why i cannot find ah?

I plan to go honeymoon there as well ... prob 5D4N, however we r not going for water activity cos I am 5 mth preg and my hb is not keen on such activities, in that case, is Krabi still a good choice for us ? will it be too boring to stay so many days there ?

Hi,

Can anyone here let me know is there any peak season or any season that to avoid for travel to Krabi???

Plan to go there for honeymon end Oct / begin Nov...

Helpsssssssss :huh:

wsyrinrin,

u can find the info u wan here

http://www.krabi-tourism.com/krabi-general.htm

I m going Krabi in sept with a group of friends too.

We bought the package during air asia promo, which is almost RM600 per person ( 4d3n at pakasai and air fare and breakfast)

Yea, it will be rainign season, but i was jst thinking if its really raining then can relax ard the hotel area, have massage, makan...

no harm rite, since its so cheap ^^

Me and my Fiance also thinking of going to Krabi for honeymoon in Dec 08 or Jan 09. Cos our wedding is in Nov.... still deciding when to go.... most probably also in Jan lor.... :)

Before that... wana ask... if i book the air ticket from air asia.... then book the hotels from them also.... isit include bfast for 2 for all days????

Thanks.... :)

gen_c

Not necessary to book the hotel frm air asia, but if they have good deal, why not? ^^

I booked my packages w friend frm air asia on May.

Ard RM600 include breakfast for all days, airport transfer, 30 mins foot massage and a lunch cooking class ^^

So we are not too worry even its raining season there...

Fyi, we r staying pakasai resort.

melanieee

thanks for ur info....

How many nights for rm600... i tired air asia website... book 4 days 3 nights - pakasai resort also... around rm2900 for both..... quite expensive also... u mean rm600 is per day isit or per trip? how to inform them u wan to book for foot massage and lunch cooking class? is there any extra charge?

thanks...

melanieee

thanks for ur info....

How many nights for rm600... i tired air asia website... book 4 days 3 nights - pakasai resort also... around rm2900 for both..... quite expensive also... u mean rm600 is per day isit or per trip? how to inform them u wan to book for foot massage and lunch cooking class? is there any extra charge?

thanks...

Hi...I'm also Interesting on this..Please give me a guide :-)

Dear gen_c

I booked it during May... something like mother's day promotion,

so everything came in a package. RM600 for 4 d 3 N in total.

Meaning RM600 include 4d3n accomodation at pakasai, everday's breakfast, round trip airfare, aiport pickup service, the foot massage and lunch cooking class. Actually to be exact my package is RM570++ per person.

The reason being so cheap i think its because I am travelling during low season and possibilities of raining would be like 80% and above.

So just be alert for airsia promo... sometimes they could get quite a good deal..

Good Luck!!!

MeL

melanieee

thanks for ur info....

thanks...

Im also planning to go to Krabi in Dec.... for Honeymoon.... hehe :P

Therefore... any good hotels to stay for honeymoon? Is Pakasai Resort the best one at the moment? How about Ao Nang Beach Resort and Krabi La Playa?? ;)

I tried booking Air Asia for Dec 2008 - its around rm2800 for 2 person for 6D/5N.... like soooo expensive hoh??? If we buy the tickets and booked the hotel rooms separately... will it be cheaper???

Which restaurant or food i should not miss out? Which island i MUST go? Which place should i shop and what type of massage should i try ???

Anyone have this info to guide me??? ...... Ten Q!!!!

B)

Hi brides out there...

Anyone been to Krabi before?? Im planning to go to Krabi end of this year ~ December 2008

Im looking for Hotels In Krabi now... Any suggestions???

I wan near to the Ao Nang beach and easy to shop around and near to food... hahaha...

I found 2 at the moment ~ Pakasai Resort and Krabi La Playa Resort.... which is better? Pakasai is more expensive and La Playa is affordable....

:P

Hey sunny kiss...

I m going early of sept, already booked pakasai, if you could wait... I can update u abt pakasai after back frm my trip.

Hi,

me also on 19/9/08 go to Krabi :D my booking hotel is "The Palace Hotel" also near Ao Nang Beach...

when i'm back, i will gv u some information la.. :P

melanieee, when u go Krabi? :huh:

icelee,

I m going frm 5th-8th Sept.

Quite worried coz its rainy season during sept...

May God Bless US ....

Duhh..., so jealous for brides who still can enjoy their honeymoon.....

:D

Anyway, safe trip and happy romancing~

icelee,

I m going frm 5th-8th Sept.

Quite worried coz its rainy season during sept...

May God Bless US ....

melaineee, yalor.. is rainy season.. <_< God Bless Us... :rolleyes:

Escudo, i not for honeymoon... jus go for travel only :P

I stayed at La Playa hotel last Dec and it was superb!!! I got a room on the top floor and the sea view was great. The hotel workers were friendly. They also offer van service and a good rate. Thumbs up! :)

Try engage with travelling agent HwaJing and they offered me a good price for the hotel arrangement. The price was lower than La Playa price list on the web site.. I heard there's a travel fair today till sunday at PWTC

Thanks alot melanie, icelee ~ do let me know once you gals back from Krabi ya... hehhee.. But i had lots of reviews on Pakasai actually... you gals dun mind keep an eye on Krabi La Playa..... alot also say the location is quite near to Pakasai actually.... im not too sure about it... anyway... if u happen to come across this resort... peep peep ya.... :P

You gals book the hotels separately or together with your Air Asia flight??? Which is cheaper??

Thanks too tau fu fah for informing me about the travel fair in PWTC... but i guess i couldnt go there cos this weekend quite bz leh... anyway... THANKS... You have the contact or website for the Hwa Jing travel agent???

Escudo,

ya, me also not on honeymoon, my AD is next year Nov ... -_- still very long time to go...

Sunny_kiss,

I booked mine tru airasia during the mothers day promo, 4 d 3 n at pakasai, include air fare, airport transfer, 30 mins foot massage, and 1 thai cooking class for lunch, and breakfast for everyday. Ard RM600 per person.

Wah... not expensive though... can say its affordable ... some more staying in pakasai resort... i tried booking now the tickets... for 4 nights... pakasai resort... its about rm2800 for both...meaning around rm1400 per person... expensive hoh...

wonder will there be any sales this few weeks.. so i can book the tickets cheaper lor.... kinda expensive... since melanie only paid rm600 each and im paying like double?? hahahaa... waiting for promo now....

Tau fu fah - u stayed in Krabi La Playa right?? What room did u chose? Is the superior and deluxe alot of difference? I was thinking to book 2 nights in superior and another 2 nights in the pool deluxe (which can enter the swimming pool from the room) - just walk right into the pool (kinda romantic and suitable for honeymoon) but if for 4 nights... not worth it... cos most of the time... wont be in the room geh.... hahaha... still deciding... isit all rooms facing the sea???

Thanks alot melanie, icelee ~ do let me know once you gals back from Krabi ya... hehhee.. But i had lots of reviews on Pakasai actually... you gals dun mind keep an eye on Krabi La Playa..... alot also say the location is quite near to Pakasai actually.... im not too sure about it... anyway... if u happen to come across this resort... peep peep ya.... :P

You gals book the hotels separately or together with your Air Asia flight??? Which is cheaper??

Thanks too tau fu fah for informing me about the travel fair in PWTC... but i guess i couldnt go there cos this weekend quite bz leh... anyway... THANKS... You have the contact or website for the Hwa Jing travel agent???

sunny kiss,

i book the hotel seperate with air asia, i book the hotel at http://www.r24.org/krabi.com/krabi/hotels/%20(All%20Hotel) u can take a look and compare the rate :lol:

Hi All,

I am going to Krabi soon~~~ I had booked my package with Travel Mart. 3 day 2 night with half day tour. There are plenty of hotel or resort for you to choose. Overall my package accommodation + return air ticket for 2 person ~ RM1K.

Came back from beautiful Krabi just a few weeks ago....

We stayed at Pakasai Resort - 4D3N, beautiful place.. and they took the time to decorate the rooms for us. Near to the shops and beach and it. We booked it from the internet, under Asia Web Direct, buy 2 nite free 1 nite, so overall, i think we paid RM690 for 3 nites. Well worth the $$ and the facilities there is very good. They also offer free DVD to the resort guest to watch, spent our nite watching Transformer and the special special extended version of LOTR .

Air fare from air asia was Rm800 for 2 person, in total for hotel and accommodation spent abt RM1500. Add all those round of massages, souveniers and clothes, seafood dinners and adventure tours etc, i think we spend abt RM2,800 in total.

Will be going back there again next year, we wanted to try out whitewater rafting and ATV adventure also next round... :)

I do agree that Pakasai is quite expensive if there is no 2nite + 1 nite promotion for low season. But with the promotion, it is actually comparable with other 5* hotels on the strip. Actually i think La Playa is abt 600 metre away (up a small lane) from Pakasai only. A fren stayed there too, also came highly recommended.

Here are some pic of Krabi and Pakasai resort.

Our bedroom

DSC_0701.jpg

The bathroom - too bad not bath tub

DSC_0688-1.jpg

Pakasai resort at a glance

DSC_1264.jpg

DSC_1270-1.jpg

Streets of Ao Nang

DSC_0771-1.jpg

Pranang Beach and crystal clear water on Tup Island

DSC_1043.jpg

DSC_1079.jpg