hi there, just wana ask is this normal not to have sex after you deliver your baby?

my baby almost 7 months old now, but we haven't get sex with each other yet. too tired after work..

or i can say baby is sleeping in the middle.. hb always reluctant coz he said bb is with us and some more i am breastfeeding,

so he afraid milk spills out ..GOSH!!! but i can see he is really tired and stress after work.

so i am wondering whether man can stand it that long?

but for me, i don't know how long can I stand coz sometimes i really wanna satisfy myself.. what to do i just self doing it without letting him know..

coz too embarrass to let him knowll

Do you have difficulties to have sex after pregnancy? How soon you resume to have sex after pregnancy?

I already about 2 months post pregnancy. But i unable to have sex with hb. Everytime he try to penetrate i feel scare. I always think back the time when the gynae did me VE when i'm going to due. It's so uncomfortable for me. I also feel my private part like the feeling when the gynae did me pap smear checking using the stick. Very umcomfortable! I'm the type of person who has low pain threshold. Even though my labor was short. Hb so depress. He said he's will be a monk forever if i still think like tat. Is there anyone have experience? How to solve this psycology problem??

Wuah Siow Fui, I am 4-weeks post pregnancy, emm.., so far still have not tried to get intimate with hb yet, but I am so eager to try in another 2 weeks time.

Maybe you can try to cuddle with hb, and touch here and there, but without penetration yet? Try oral? Better penetrate only when you are ready, dun force urself, just in case you get trauma. :D

Urm...this has little to do with sex itself but just be careful - if you have your period, it means you're ovulating which means that if you have unprotected sex, you WILL stand a chance of getting pregnant again. It happened to one of my friends. She got pregnant again about two months after giving birth and now, she's breastfeeding two kids in tandem! Her mistake was thinking that she couldn't get pregnant coz she was breastfeeding.

But seriously, don't rush into sex...there are other more enjoyable things to do in bed apart from intercourse itself. Start exploring your bodies again...like you did the first time you were both intimate... :)

My bb was a result of unprotected sex during safe period. Although we plan to have one baby, but her arrival really give us a shock. I need to change my mind to change job last time. Then after she is born, it's difficult for me to get a good offer coz it's recession recently. So i dare not try my luck already. I dun wan another baby comes before i get very ready in my mind.

siow fui,

it's normal to feel that way. i was like you too. did you have episiotomy? if yes, sometimes it takes much longer then 2 months for the stitches to recover. it may have recover "outside" but "inside" still not yet fully recover. hence the pain you feel. another reason could be phsycological - you mentioned you kept thinking about VE. this will affect us too (i kept worrying about pain from stitches cos i had a big one (vacuum delivery).

what meiteoh said is right. dont rush into it. there are other ways to be intimate apart from sex and lots and lots of lubricants helps too! have a heart to heart talk with hubby, i am sure he will understand.

good luck!

Janicelly,

I dont have episiotomy, coz i push too hard until the flesh torn near the backside before the gynae manage to do me episiotomy (this is wat my gynae said lar). So i believe my stictches also very bad. Your words make me feel better. Fr outside i think i'm fully recover. But inside i feel just different as b4 i pop. Not feel my private part looser, but seem a bit pain (not really pain, but the feeling hard to decribe) after i go urine with full bladder. Do you also like tat before?

siow fui,

i also dont know how to describe mine but it just feels uncomfortable & sore. you are still new mommy, try to let your body heal 1st. although books/websites will say we can have sex 6 weeks post partum, i feel it's up to individual. if you dont feel comfortable, just delay. we tried many times only can "get it right" :D

siow fui,

i also dont know how to describe mine but it just feels uncomfortable & sore. you are still new mommy, try to let your body heal 1st. although books/websites will say we can have sex 6 weeks post partum, i feel it's up to individual. if you dont feel comfortable, just delay. we tried many times only can "get it right" :D

More relief now. I'm not alone... This forum so informative!! A big thanks to all forumer! :P

Ohh...I have suffer from the sex post prenancy for about 4/5 times. I feel really pain even compare to my first time.

I feel the same thing also. Then how u overcome it? Let it pain for few times when like first timer?

thanks janicelly! :)

siow fui, I just told my hb I feel pain and my hb try to be more gentle. anyway, u still would feel pain. My fren alo have this sex post pregnancy pbl.

hi everyone

my son is now age 2 plus. i was very scared of the 1st sex after delivery too.

i even scared totouch my private part during shower. i had sex when i dare toclean my private part like the time i not pregnant.

the 1st time we tried very pain as i was worry,so husband stop. we tried 2nd time when really ready for it. i think when 2 months after delivered. i had vacum delivery too

Hello,

I just have my first time sex after delivery it was painful like the first time I have sex with my Hubby!!!.. Now, my baby almost 4 months... But, my Hubby treat me very gentle when I told him that I'm in pain...

If u wanna follow the chinese confinement rules strictly - 100 days!!!!!

I bet it really depends on your condition - natural birth vs c-sec and also recovery speed. Anyhow, just remember to take "precaution" la unless u wan to get preggie again.

My mum said we should at least "rest" for 1 month & allow our uterus & vaginal to go back to its original shape before we start ML again.

i m not sure about others but i start it back after 4 months. want to let my body recover and no mood after tired taking care of bb. i do found my desire drop after give brith.