Sign in to follow this  
mummyally

Gothenburg, Sweden & Frankfurt, Germany

I would be tagging along with my husband to Gothenburg for his business trip and plan to go for some sight seeing on my own when he's at work, so would love to know which place I should visit. I know there's a big shopping mall called Nordstan which is worth visiting, just wondering if there's any nice market places or shopping place aside from Nordstan.

Aside from museums is there any other nice attractions to visit?

Since we transit in Frankfurt on the way back to Msia we decided to have our honeymoon by going to Frankfurt and Paris. Also I've read that there's an overnight train from Frankfurt to Paris. Would it be comfortable? There's no Eurostar service from Frankfurt to Paris is it? What are the budget airlines available?

It's going to be winter by the time we are there but I don't want to spend so much on winter clothings so I've bought a heavy sweater dress pairing it with leggings, some long sleeved top which I plan to layer with a heavy coat and jeans. Wondering if that's going to be warm enough? I'm still deciding if I should get the Long Johns, what do you think?

Thanks in advance!

I would be tagging along with my husband to Gothenburg for his business trip and plan to go for some sight seeing on my own when he's at work, so would love to know which place I should visit. I know there's a big shopping mall called Nordstan which is worth visiting, just wondering if there's any nice market places or shopping place aside from Nordstan.

Aside from museums is there any other nice attractions to visit?

Since we transit in Frankfurt on the way back to Msia we decided to have our honeymoon by going to Frankfurt and Paris. Also I've read that there's an overnight train from Frankfurt to Paris. Would it be comfortable? There's no Eurostar service from Frankfurt to Paris is it? What are the budget airlines available?

It's going to be winter by the time we are there but I don't want to spend so much on winter clothings so I've bought a heavy sweater dress pairing it with leggings, some long sleeved top which I plan to layer with a heavy coat and jeans. Wondering if that's going to be warm enough? I'm still deciding if I should get the Long Johns, what do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mummyally,

Not too sure abt the rest of the places, but to me, Sweden is COLD. I was there in September, and to me, it was really cold. My eyes were watering, and my nose runny coz of it. Im sure it would be colder now. I think you should bring your LongJohns. Even here in Italy where its spposed to be much warmer, its about 11 degrees outside.

Although I was at a different place in Sweden, maybe you'd get an idea from my blog post HERE

Hope it helps.

Hey Tash!

How are things so far? I've been away from MB for sometime, see that you are already in Italy eh? Congrats ya btw :) And thanks so much for your prompt reply!! I've just started searchin for info after my husband told me last weekend . Been shopping for days for the trip, so last min I tell you <_<

Too bad I would be going during winter, I love the beautiful flowers which you photographed! I bet the whole place has a lovely smell to it.

Btw is it really hard moving around in Sweden, see that most of them speaks Swedish :( English won't be helpful eh? I guess I would be taking the tram to go to places, just hope I'll be able to read the signs in Swedish :P

Wanted to go Italy but my husband couldn't get a longer time off otherwise I could pay you a visit :P Simply inviting myself over :lol:

Yepp, yepp, got my butt over to Italy already :D . Actually most of the Swedes do speak English. Its actually much easier communicating with them compared to the French (and Italians). And you can make out most words in Swedish. Like "toilet" is "toalett". And their signages are quite good and systematic. The Swedes are punctual and systematic. Its actually quite easy getting around.

When in Sweden, eat lots of salmon! Its cheap and aplenty.

Heheh, I'd be more than delighted to host fellow Malaysians in our humble abode. :lol: