nwb

Total Renovation & Furnishing Cost

Total Renovation & Furnishing Cost  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it's pretty hard to answer rite. it's depend on what type of house , condo or double storey & sq ft.

& definitely also depend on ur design.

my condo, i just done a basic renovation including kitchen cabinet, cost me rm15k.

In general, landed property will cost more to renovate. My house renovation, without any extensions already cost me RM80k.

Yeah, I agree with chongsw tht it will cost more to renovate a landed property.

When I wanted to renovate my first home which is a double-storey landed property, potential contractors quoted me RM50K for plaster ceiling, kitchen cabinet, wiring, etc. And I have not even budgeted in my furnitures, grilles, auto-gate, etc yet. Hence, I decided to put on hold my renovation plans :P

Now that I intend to renovate my second home which is a condo in KL, everything in (both renovation & furnishings) only cost me RM50K. Renovation includes plaster ceiling, kitchen cabinet, walk-in wardrobe, etc. And you don't need to invest in much grilles or an auto-gate! :P

We budgeted our renovation costs to be around rm70-85k... inclusive extensions and also furnishing... so far we have spent rm31k for the extension and also deposits paid to ID, furniture, furnishing and etc... mine is a landed property 22 X 75 new development...

My wife and me bought a double story link house in Kelana Jaya. Old house, 22 x 80.

What we did for renovation:

1. Change ground floor tiles

2. Change roof tiles

3. Change kitchen floor tiles

4. Redo kitchen concrete table top

5. Strengthen crack walls

6. Change to bigger stainless steel gate

7. Total make over of master bedroom bathroom inclusive of water proofing

8. Change the floor tiles + water proofing the other 2 bathrooms

9. Change all the WC + washing basin

10. House painting - interior & exterior

11. Dismantle old kitchen cabinets + build-in wardrobes in the rooms

Total renovation cost = RM80k

My wife and me bought a double story link house in Kelana Jaya. Old house, 22 x 80.

What we did for renovation:

1. Change ground floor tiles

2. Change roof tiles

3. Change kitchen floor tiles

4. Redo kitchen concrete table top

5. Strengthen crack walls

6. Change to bigger stainless steel gate

7. Total make over of master bedroom bathroom inclusive of water proofing

8. Change the floor tiles + water proofing the other 2 bathrooms

9. Change all the WC + washing basin

10. House painting - interior & exterior

11. Dismantle old kitchen cabinets + build-in wardrobes in the rooms

Total renovation cost = RM80k

and that doesn't even include your furnishing yet rite?..

btw, a subsale hse in KJ should probably costs a bomb too...wow..

I'm budgeting about rm150K. Quite moderate considering my friends' spent between 170K-300K

My new house is 20'x70' corner lot. I'll be extending about 630sqft on ground floor and 400sqft upstairs. Add new bathroom, bigger master bedroom, new dining room, new den, new MIL bedroom, new wet kitchen, new laundry and drying area, bigger family room, new balcony, bigger son's room, bigger study room, bigger dry kitchen, bigger porch etc. Shooting for moderate furnishing, not show house type. No money liaw.

I'm budgeting about rm150K. Quite moderate considering my friends' spent between 170K-300K

My new house is 20'x70' corner lot. I'll be extending about 630sqft on ground floor and 400sqft upstairs. Add new bathroom, bigger master bedroom, new dining room, new den, new MIL bedroom, new wet kitchen, new laundry and drying area, bigger family room, new balcony, bigger son's room, bigger study room, bigger dry kitchen, bigger porch etc. Shooting for moderate furnishing, not show house type. No money liaw.

wow u sure have BIG plans man....kudos

Seriously Kaybee... my personal opinion and no offence... if i would spend that much on renovation to have new rooms and bigger space, i might as well buy a semi-d...

Seriously Kaybee... my personal opinion and no offence... if i would spend that much on renovation to have new rooms and bigger space, i might as well buy a semi-d...

It is true, I would have done the same too except that my first priority is "good" land, something like good fung shui. The developer was puzzled as well and recommended me their semi-d and wider (22') terrace as well :lol: . There are only 3 good lands available from my limited search and the one I selected is the best in term of neighbourhood and surrounding services such as school, market, shopping etc. Since I need minimum of 5 rooms and want large garden, not many choice as well that I can afford, so most likely I have to add what I need anyway. Even their semi-d has only 4 rooms and need to add wet kitchen, wet laundry area, drying area etc as well. Structural cost alone is about rm50K based on quotation early this year. Everything went up since. Will be getting a new quotation again when I want to start renovation after CNY.

Well i guess everybody's right.... coz its pretty much up to everyone's own preferences of how elaborated their renovation would be or how simply it could be...or how much space they need....or how much space they are limited to....

But overall, the reason i put up this pole was to see wat's the average budget of most ppl are like....hehe to ensure i dun overplan mine...as well as a reference to many forumers here..hehe...

Good day~!!

Renovating a house always depends on your budget. You have the money, you can even hire interior designer to design for you. Of course, to those who bought old house like me will have to put priority on repairing job i.e. change roof tiles, access the need to change house wiring and piping, repairing crack walls and etc.

A friend of my wife just moved in a month ago. They spent nearly rm200K to repair, enlarge and furnished the relatively old house. My friend bought a really old house in Penang's prime area, torn down the whole house and now rebuilding it. She said the cost of rebuilding is the same as what she paid for the house. She now work part time so that she can manage the project herself. I think you'll need to spend more to renovate old house due to all systems need to be repaired/replaced.

A friend of my wife just moved in a month ago. They spent nearly rm200K to repair, enlarge and furnished the relatively old house. My friend bought a really old house in Penang's prime area, torn down the whole house and now rebuilding it. She said the cost of rebuilding is the same as what she paid for the house. She now work part time so that she can manage the project herself. I think you'll need to spend more to renovate old house due to all systems need to be repaired/replaced.

Not really. At least I don't have to do extensions.

RM200k!!! Super rich...

Not as rich as another friend who bought a ~rm250K semi-d in SP, Kedah, and spent rm400K on reno and that was more than 10 years ago. You can't get that type of reno for rm400K now. His house looks like resort hotel and his AV room alone cost more than rm50K. Of course there are many friends as well who can only afford rm12K extension for the wet kitchen. Not everyone are rich but we normally don't talk much about those cheaper reno as there is nothing much to talk about :rolleyes:

Renovating a house always depends on your budget. You have the money, you can even hire interior designer to design for you. Of course, to those who bought old house like me will have to put priority on repairing job i.e. change roof tiles, access the need to change house wiring and piping, repairing crack walls and etc.

yeah...true...

will like to add-on about getting subsale properties....are be cautious of the electrical and plumbing issues....if anyone's going to renovate their subsale properties...they should consider these 1st more than anything else...

anyway...hiring an interior designer...at times contrary to popular believe doesn't really cost as much as most ppl thought..however, yeah it would not be as cost effective as doing everything by yourself...

RM200k!!! Super rich...

Not as rich as another friend who bought a ~rm250K semi-d in SP, Kedah, and spent rm400K on reno and that was more than 10 years ago. You can't get that type of reno for rm400K now. His house looks like resort hotel and his AV room alone cost more than rm50K. Of course there are many friends as well who can only afford rm12K extension for the wet kitchen. Not everyone are rich but we normally don't talk much about those cheaper reno as there is nothing much to talk about :rolleyes:

To me, no matter how much u spent, it still worth talking about cos its ur hard earn money...

i personally feel that one shouldnt over spend on renovation unless you plan to stay put in the same house for a long time. cause the cost of renovation will not increase the house value. its just some added value.

for example, if a condo is worth about 300k and the owner has spent 100k on renovation, i can say for sure that no one will pay extra 100k above market value to purchase the condo...renovation and designs are all very subjective

just spend the minimal amount which you think will make the house comfortable for living in is sufficient..unless you have lotsa money to spare and dont mind losing the renovation cost, then by all means

RM200k!!! Super rich...

To me, no matter how much u spent, it still worth talking about cos its ur hard earn money...

That's not what I meant. When talking among friends, those expensive reno would be the subject of conversation rather than cheaper one. Definitely cost is important for those going to spend their hard earn money. Although spending rm150K is a cause for concern to me and my wife as well, she understand that I'm pursuing my dream of living in a landed property with a large garden. That amount is what I can barely afford after working for 20 years and I hope this is the house that I'm going to spend the rest of my life. Good thing is that it still have enough land for future expansion if the need arise :D

hahaha for me , important thing is not how much budget u have, but where u can get a cheap labour for ur renovation!! :lol:

cos for my FH's family Double storey house, his ex-bil help them to supervise those indonesian to extend the kitchen, painting, change tile, staircase, extra storeroom, car porch tile & new gate, etc etc, really alot, only cost them 30k++ which is a steal for my opinion. me small small condo already cost rm15k which i just do basic reno. so unfair. :(

but whatever budget u wan to spend is really depend on one priority. if got fund, what the problem of spending more, rite?

;)

hahaha for me , important thing is not how much budget u have, but where u can get a cheap labour for ur renovation!! :lol:

cos for my FH's family Double storey house, his ex-bil help them to supervise those indonesian to extend the kitchen, painting, change tile, staircase, extra storeroom, car porch tile & new gate, etc etc, really alot, only cost them 30k++ which is a steal for my opinion. me small small condo already cost rm15k which i just do basic reno. so unfair. :(

but whatever budget u wan to spend is really depend on one priority. if got fund, what the problem of spending more, rite?

;)

I currently live in an apartment too and spent only ~3K for initial move-in cost 14 years ago. we took about 3 years to renovate each room one by one. Those were my younger days. :(