nwb

Total Renovation & Furnishing Cost

Total Renovation & Furnishing Cost  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HI MB members,

Just wanna ask for opinion. My new house has a internal courtyard garden of bout 10ft X 10 ft.

Struggling whether to conceal and close it up to become a dining area so that my living is bigger. How much does it takes to conceal it up with roof then tiles the floor up?

Or just leave it the to make a small garden.

HI MB members,

Just wanna ask for opinion. My new house has a internal courtyard garden of bout 10ft X 10 ft.

Struggling whether to conceal and close it up to become a dining area so that my living is bigger. How much does it takes to conceal it up with roof then tiles the floor up?

Don't thinkI would be of much help, but this is my opinion. I guess it will boil down to what you actually like (a bigger living room that will make it look spacious? or a nice garden that gives you a nice feeling?)

Personally, I would love to have a small garden in my house (but I do not have such space la..haha). I can imagine having some nice, easy to care indoor plants, with pebbles and a nice water feature that will compliment the sorroundings. I visited one of my friend's house recently and they had a small space for garden (smaller than yours though)...and the sound of the water flowing in the house really sets the mood.

So anyway, it will be up to you what kind of "feeling" you are looking for lor. ALL the BEST!!

Elyss,

My original space for living + dining is only 20ft x 20 ft le :ohmy: . that day i trying to arrange the sofa + dining.. become very sempit..

So most probably will conceal the garden to become dining lo. A bit sayang to loose a internal garden. :dash2:

But still have to decide on the cost of conceling the garden 10x10 ft lo....if too expensive than no choice but hav to stick to a cramp living + dining

Hope MB members can give some indicative price for me to decide which option to go lo...

dont you guys get hold a copy of the floor plan, get measurements of your furniture before buying them?

if you do that, there will be no sempit issue

smurf,

got it floor plan layout. on paper it looks ngam ngam. But when try to visualise it's a bit sempit. thats y check how much cost to conceal garden to put dining. If not a big sum of money needed to conceal it, then should mov the dining there. that s y asking for indicative pricing for work for concealing garden.

Please please help me to check this quotation, based on my reading in this forum, the quotation I received is over-charge me?

Thanks!

RM

1 To remove and dismantle parquet floor,staircase and clean the

rubbish.(897.5sqft). 1,300.00

2 To supply and install 1x1 homogeneus tiles at the floor 897.5sqft. 10,440.70

3 To supply and install 1x1 homogeneus tiles at the stairscase (2 set). 5,200.00

4 To supply and install concrete top using 1x1 homogeneus tiles 16ft. 2,080.00

5 To remove and dismantle the existing soil,road tiles and clean the

rubbish.To supply and install concrete floor with BRC A6 net 121sqft. 1,250.00

6 To supply and install 1x1 homogeneus tiles floor and skirting at the

car porch area 341sqft. 3,500.00

7 To supply and install aluminium cabinet sliding door at the wet kitchen

10ft. 700.00

Total = 24,470.70

Dear all,

which to seek your opinion, normally how much it costs if attached an ID to design a big tv console whiich is 15X7sqft ? My ID quotes me 10k . i wondering is it too expensive or it is that price, hope to hear from you all. thanks

Dear all,

which to seek your opinion, normally how much it costs if attached an ID to design a big tv console whiich is 15X7sqft ? My ID quotes me 10k . i wondering is it too expensive or it is that price, hope to hear from you all. thanks

wow...now THAT is really expensive....my opinion...just get an ID to design and discuss wif ID the exact measurements and details of the drawings and then engage a carpenter yourself. Go direct is better.if u go thru ID, they will "up" the cost. but make sure the carpenter knows and has the material you want. That's what i did for all my furnitures....mostly are built in. from cabinets to beds.

Dear all,

Probably you can consider this company.

http://33y33y.blogspot.com

HI MB members,

Maintain the garden...healthier and more unique.

<br />
HI MB members,<br /><br />Just wanna ask for opinion. My new house has a internal courtyard garden of bout 10ft X 10 ft. <br /><br />Struggling whether to conceal and close it up to become a dining area so that my living is bigger. How much does it takes to conceal it up with roof then tiles the floor up?<br /><br />Or just leave it the to make a small garden.
<br />Maintain the garden...healthier and more unique.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks for the opinion.

But my house is a corner lot with a side garden. That's y dunno still wanna maintain the courtyard

Please please help me to check this quotation, based on my reading in this forum, the quotation I received is over-charge me?

Thanks!

RM

1 To remove and dismantle parquet floor,staircase and clean the

rubbish.(897.5sqft). 1,300.00

2 To supply and install 1x1 homogeneus tiles at the floor 897.5sqft. 10,440.70

3 To supply and install 1x1 homogeneus tiles at the stairscase (2 set). 5,200.00

4 To supply and install concrete top using 1x1 homogeneus tiles 16ft. 2,080.00

5 To remove and dismantle the existing soil,road tiles and clean the

rubbish.To supply and install concrete floor with BRC A6 net 121sqft. 1,250.00

6 To supply and install 1x1 homogeneus tiles floor and skirting at the

car porch area 341sqft. 3,500.00

7 To supply and install aluminium cabinet sliding door at the wet kitchen

10ft. 700.00

Total = 24,470.70

I'm not sure if your price is expensive or mine is cheap. I did the above for about 1000sq ft + changing tiles for balcony + 1' x 12' concrete table top with tiles for RM23k.

Yeah, I agree with chongsw tht it will cost more to renovate a landed property.

When I wanted to renovate my first home which is a double-storey landed property, potential contractors quoted me RM50K for plaster ceiling, kitchen cabinet, wiring, etc. And I have not even budgeted in my furnitures, grilles, auto-gate, etc yet. Hence, I decided to put on hold my renovation plans :P

Now that I intend to renovate my second home which is a condo in KL, everything in (both renovation & furnishings) only cost me RM50K. Renovation includes plaster ceiling, kitchen cabinet, walk-in wardrobe, etc. And you don't need to invest in much grilles or an auto-gate! :P

A friend of my wife just moved in a month ago. They spent nearly rm200K to repair, enlarge and furnished the relatively old house. My friend bought a really old house in Penang's prime area, torn down the whole house and now rebuilding it. She said the cost of rebuilding is the same as what she paid for the house. She now work part time so that she can manage the project herself. I think you'll need to spend more to renovate old house due to all systems need to be repaired/replaced.

Not really. At least I don't have to do extensions.

i wish to renovate my "old" house... any thing i should prepare??

Descriptions:-

1. To hack party wall between living & dining, and dining & wet kitchen - Lump Sum ("LS") - RM400.00

2. To hack external wet kitchen wall for extension work - LS - RM300.00

3. To hack existing wall tiles at wet kitchen area - LS - RM500.00

4. To hack existing wall at first floor bedroom 2 including of removing - LS - RM300.00

aluminium windows

5. To hack partly beam height and remove main entrance main door & door and reinstall back door & door frame including side brickwall & plastering - LS - RM500.00

6. To remove second floor family area's aluminium sliding door and demolish both side brickwall - LS - RM100.00

7. Backyard extension works

a) Foundation works - LS - RM2,500.00

b) Floor beams and slab - LS - RM2,500.00

c) Columns @ 4 nos - LS - RM1,500.00

d) First floor beams and slab - LS - RM5,000.00

e) First floor columns @ 4 nos - LS - RM1,500.00

h) First floor roof beams - LS - RM1,500.00

8. Ground and first floor brickwall including plastering - LS - RM4,500.00

9. To erect second floor balcony brickwall including plastering - LS - RM350.00

10. To supply and install new MHW timber door frames and timber plywood door for new wet kitchen (3'-0" X 7'-0") - 1 no. - RM350.00

11. To supply and install new MHW timber door frames and timber plywood Door (3'-0" X 7'-0") for first floor bedroom 2 including brickwall and plastering - 1 no. - RM500.00

12. To supply and install the following new white colour powder coated windows to:-

a) 5'-6" X 6'-0" at wet kitchen - 1 no. @ RM1,100.00 - RM1,100.00

b) 5'-6" X 8'-0" at dry kitchen - 1 no. @ RM1,500.00 - RM1,500.00

c) 5'-6" X 8'-0" at first floor new extension area - 2 nos. @ RM1,500.00 - RM3,000.00

d) 5'-6" X 4'-0" at first floor bedroom 2 - 1 no. @ RM750.00 - RM750.00

e) 8'-6"X 5'-6" at second floor balcony area - 1 no. @ RM1,600.00 - RM1,600.00

13. To erect new exposed treated MHW timber roof truss with transparent polycarbonate roofing sheet without ceiling but c/w PVC gutter and UPVC rain water down pipe - LS - RM4,200.00

14. To remove the existing dining area floor tiles LS 300.00

15. To supply labour and tiles to lay 2'-0" X 2'-0" at dining area and new dry kitchen area similar to living area - 295sf @ RM14.00 - RM4,130.00

16. To supply labour and tiles to lay 2'-0" X 2'-0" at new wet kitchen area with colour matching to dry kitchen area - 90sf @ RM11.00 - RM990.00

17. To supply labour and tiles to lay 2'-0" X 2'-0" at new first floor extended area - 160sq @ RM11.00 - RM1,760.00

18. To erect 22" X 12'-0" long concrete table and base including 2'-0" X 2'-0" tiles w/o sink and tap - 1 no. - RM1,500.00

19. To re-locate existing wet kitchen water tap and waste outlet to new extended dry kitchen area - LS - RM150.00

20. To provide new water tap and waste outlet for new wet kitchen - LS - RM300.00

21. To chip off external wall at bath 4 toilet to receive tiles - LS - RM200.00

22. To supply labour and tiles to install 2'-0" X 1'-0" white colour tiles to new dry kitchen - 260sf @ RM10.00 - RM2,600.00

23. To supply labour and tiles to install 2'-0" X 1'-0" white colour tiles to new wet kitchen - 250sf @ RM10.00 - RM2,500.00

24. To supply and lay timber strip laminate floor to second floor balcony area - LS - RM600.00

25. To supply labour and paint to paint external wet kitchen wall and first floor extended internal and external brickwall - LS - RM1,500.00

Grand total - RM51k

Note:

i) Rate for 2'-0" X 2'-0" tiles is charged at not exceeding RM 30.00/pc for dry kitchen and dining area

ii) Rate for 2'-0" X 2'-0" tiles is charged at not exceeding RM 22.00/pc for concrete table and base

iii) Rate for 2'-0" X 2'-0" tiles is charged at not exceeding RM 22.00/pc for wet kitchen and first floor extended area

iv) Rate for 2'-0" X 1'-0" tiles is charged at not exceeding RM 9.00/pc for wet kitchen and dry kitchen wall

Just received the quotation from a contractor. Any comments on the rates?

My husband and I are really nervous :p Like jusco, we are getting a condo at Desa Impiana (1,068sf). We don't plan on making too much renovation, but will 25K be at least enough to do these:

- Kitchen cabinets (kitchen is about 10.2ft X 8.9ft. We don't plan on going with flimsy materials and counter tops)

- Kitchen sink

- Stove, hub, and oven

- Grills

- Wall paint (only for living room, about 26.6ft X 18.8ft)

- Folding door for entrance to kitchen (only 1)

- Lights

- 4 A/C

- Shower screens (for two toilets)

- Water heater (for both toilets)

Would this be near impossible with the tiny budget?

Hi Rayanne,

I think only contrator could tell you the cost :)

What I did was, I found few contrators to quoted, then I compared the price. If the cheapest one, stil exceeds my budget, then I have to let go something not to do now, do the nessesery first.

Finally, I had chosen the one who recomended by relatives. He is reallt good contrator, cheap and good quality. Where do you stay? I can recomended the contractor to you, if you need.

Hi Cheerful, mind sharing with me the contractor too? :smile:

Hey. I just got quotation frm a contractor. laying of tiles – RM9psf (incl tiles of RM4psf). I was wondering if it’s a reasonable price?

also, is there a diff btwn 1”x1”, 1”x2” or 2”x2” tiles in terms of labour cost for laying them?

My husband and I are really nervous :p Like jusco, we are getting a condo at Desa Impiana (1,068sf). We don't plan on making too much renovation, but will 25K be at least enough to do these:

- Kitchen cabinets (kitchen is about 10.2ft X 8.9ft. We don't plan on going with flimsy materials and counter tops)

- Kitchen sink

- Stove, hub, and oven

- Grills

- Wall paint (only for living room, about 26.6ft X 18.8ft)

- Folding door for entrance to kitchen (only 1)

- Lights

- 4 A/C

- Shower screens (for two toilets)

- Water heater (for both toilets)

Would this be near impossible with the tiny budget?

melc,

I got the quotation from few contractors, items you mention here with 25k budget seem very tight.

suggest, you do what is compulsory, example, maybe change shower screen design to a more simple reno? You can consider to do what is priority renovation first.

Just wondering, wat's the average amount required to renovate and furnish a place...

1. Kitchen Cabinet 22ft run. Solid surface.

2. Built in Wardrobe for masterbed room

3. plaster ceiling for hall and room.

4. Rod iron.

Total RM17k for double storey house

According to me it depends on you that what type fo renovation you want. You should check out the price or estimate your own budget for it. If you want modern style then i think you need more then 17k approximately. Thanks for sharing it. It may be very helpful for me as well as others.

The main risk of employing indoor workers is that they will either delay your renovation or unable to finish year renovation due to financial trouble. You just can't tell the signs that it will be happen to u.

For drawing plan and submission, my contractor & architect contact : 012-6487760. You may contact them to understand more, as I believe it may be inconvenience to them if I post up their detail here. He is capable for handle corporate & housing project, of course reliable.