gedebe

1st baby solid food: survey on what you gave

My daughter has 4 teeth and 2 on the way out. I let her hold her cheese today and she just directed it to her mouth and started chewing then moved her hand when she feels her mouth is filled enough with cheese then slowly chews whatever that is in her mouth.

Mabel,

Do you give the egg with porridge? Or have u only given her in a form of an omelette? Wonder how it'll taste or feel like lol..

My daughter has 4 teeth and 2 on the way out. I let her hold her cheese today and she just directed it to her mouth and started chewing then moved her hand when she feels her mouth is filled enough with cheese then slowly chews whatever that is in her mouth.

Mabel,

Do you give the egg with porridge? Or have u only given her in a form of an omelette? Wonder how it'll taste or feel like lol..

diana... i havent tried it yet, but imagine egg yolk in porridge will b damn nice :P esp if u can just mix the egg yolk in while cooking the porridge.. it will thicken it yumyyyy

uniquesoul - i got the cheddar cheese in block.. couldnt find any without salt or those brands recommended near me, so i just bought the one with lowest salt content... i cut it into small blocks and put it in the porridge after done cooking.. it will melt in nicely..

my son is going to be 8 months soon.. he still doesn't have teeth yet... thinking on starting him on firmer solids but without teeth, is this possible?

Diana, I actually wait till the porridge is boiling/hot and then add the egg yolk in while stirring. It makes the porridge look quite creamy and less "white". Very fragrant too!

athena, yes. Babies use their gums to "gum" hard food - basically saliva softens hard food and the gums scrape the soften bits. Good exercise for the jaw too.

Hmm...meaning i can put the raw egg yolk into the porridge and stir it went heating up the porridge?

cuz so far my daughter dont like eggs. so maybe i will mix it into her porridge n see.

other than meat, carrots, spinach, potato, sweet potato, tomato, brocolli and cauliflower, what else can i put inside her porridge?

Hmm...meaning i can put the raw egg yolk into the porridge and stir it went heating up the porridge?

cuz so far my daughter dont like eggs. so maybe i will mix it into her porridge n see.

other than meat, carrots, spinach, potato, sweet potato, tomato, brocolli and cauliflower, what else can i put inside her porridge?

try tofu, lentils, cheese

i never tried eggs with porridge so far...

wonder why just egg yolk but not the egg white as well? can be the whole egg or not?

oh i see..my gal doesnt eat porridge,wonder how could i serve cheese to her. actually, i was wondering that why we only intro egg yolk to baby and not the white of the egg ya?

Mabel,

diana... i havent tried it yet, but imagine egg yolk in porridge will b damn nice :P esp if u can just mix the egg yolk in while cooking the porridge.. it will thicken it yumyyyy

uniquesoul - i got the cheddar cheese in block.. couldnt find any without salt or those brands recommended near me, so i just bought the one with lowest salt content... i cut it into small blocks and put it in the porridge after done cooking.. it will melt in nicely..

i never tried eggs with porridge so far...

wonder why just egg yolk but not the egg white as well? can be the whole egg or not?

egg white is not good for baby <1yo, due to allergy i think, u can look up in wholesomebabyfood.com

and i always wanted to try tofu. but my mum said the tofu consist of some artificial stuff.

such as?

your gal now can intro porridge already, otherwise it might be difficult for her to like it later on.

What is she eating currently?

i dont know what is it called in english but its put in during the making process. we did intro her porridge, last week was better for at least she can finish half bowl but in the end cried, have no idea why. so just cont wif her cereal, oats and puree of vege and fruits.

for one thing she like is yougurt. however, the yougurt was in big pack which she couldnt finish in a mth and we hv to threw it away due to expiry date. wat a waste. sighzz

and i always wanted to try tofu. but my mum said the tofu consist of some artificial stuff.

such as?

your gal now can intro porridge already, otherwise it might be difficult for her to like it later on.

i dont know what is it called in english but its put in during the making process. we did intro her porridge, last week was better for at least she can finish half bowl but in the end cried, have no idea why. so just cont wif her cereal, oats and puree of vege and fruits.

for one thing she like is yougurt. however, the yougurt was in big pack which she couldnt finish in a mth and we hv to threw it away due to expiry date. wat a waste. sighzz

such as?

maybe u can try giving her porridge again and get her to like it.. like the 4 day rule..

yeah, will try again. will also try to make it as soft as possible.

such as?

maybe u can try giving her porridge again and get her to like it.. like the 4 day rule..

zeroflower,

Can warm if you want to. My nanny does that.

uniquesoul,

You can keep a lookout for organic tofu or those japanese ones? Their shelf life is shorter compare to those normal ones.

I've tried eggs with porridge too & it's yummy! Ya, egg whites are supposed to be introduced later because of allergy issues. So start with egg yolks 1st!

athena, yes. Babies use their gums to "gum" hard food - basically saliva softens hard food and the gums scrape the soften bits. Good exercise for the jaw too.

What are the firmer solids that I can intro?

i think it's the hardening agent? my mom said the same thing.. but now we've started him on taufufa without sugar! :)

janice,

i can get from justlife the organic shop?

qarezma,

i try on last sun..she still ok. mayb i'll try to blend..afraid tht if i do, it will cause a mess. hehehe

uniquesoul - not sure if its ok to intro porridge without blending, right after cereals.. like she might not be used to the texture so fast.. must give time to give them coarser food i think...

whenever i cook Sanju's porridge, hubby gets excited with the smell, only to find out it is just baby food.. i must say baby food smells damn good

You can also add pumpkin, corn, celery, red dates, wolfberries (keichi), peas...

janice, qarezma - thanks for your replies :)

uniquesoul, i think it's quite too soon to intro porridge without blending right after cereals... but you can try and see how's yr kid's reaction...

qarezma, yeah, my hb has the same reaction! lol. gets jealous i cook for my girl but nothing for him! haha.

unique, it's okay if your baby doesn't like porridge. Eva is not a big fan either and I'm fine with it. After all, I don't eat porridge regularly so it's not a big deal. Angmoh babies don't eat porridge and their diet is fine. Cheese can be given with puree as well - just grate and add into the veg puree when you're serving it.

athena, you can give your baby finger foods like rusks, and puffs.

Q, you're not the only one! My HB too always complains that I cook yummy food for Eva but not for him, eg the chicken fingers, etc, etc. :)

unique, it's okay if your baby doesn't like porridge. Eva is not a big fan either and I'm fine with it. After all, I don't eat porridge regularly so it's not a big deal. Angmoh babies don't eat porridge and their diet is fine. Cheese can be given with puree as well - just grate and add into the veg puree when you're serving it.

Q, you're not the only one! My HB too always complains that I cook yummy food for Eva but not for him, eg the chicken fingers, etc, etc. :)

my mom gave my son some nangka the other day... the little fella managed to chomp off one big piece!! his gums are very strong... i'm just worried if his system can digest it!

okay..will try on it..thanks