gedebe

1st baby solid food: survey on what you gave

I saw a baeba at bv1. Can't remember the name of the shop. It's just next to toyrus. I'm just using steamer n blender/food processor. Duwan to spend so much on something I use only for few months. If u have the budget why not?

My BEABA was a gift and even though Eva is no longer taking purees, I still use it to make things like guacamole and spice pastes. :p It's also handy for cooking small amounts of rice and pasta - I bought the separate rice/pasta accesory. :)

You can find my review on my baby blog. :)

do any mommies feed bell pepper to baby? Any reaction?

I feed my almost a year old baby today. She quite like it but i found some diaper rash just now. Not sure is it cause by the food or just plain rash.

Hi,

The little girl I used to babysit ate bell peppers everyday. No diaper rash but her poop was...bit red la;)

Beaba is really costly in KL! :rclxub: Maybe I should reconsider getting baby blender&steamer but just go for conventional food steamer & food processor to do the work. Save me bucks.

Beaba is really costly in KL! :rclxub: Maybe I should reconsider getting baby blender&steamer but just go for conventional food steamer & food processor to do the work. Save me bucks.

i got a steam rack to use in my existing pot... and used me regular blender.. i was blending food for less <3months.. so it was a good decision not to buy any of those items

Janice, yup, that works just fine too. :)

Lyven, Eva takes bell peppers as well - no diaper rash tho. If got, then just discontinued loh until she's a bit older and try again. :)

mine also separate items.

blender/ food processor using magic bullet, so far so good. easy to use/ fix/ clean.

steamer i recently redeemed from ccard points. cant remember brand name, not yet start to use. can use for future cooking adults food also... now steam very little potion for puree, so i just use normal wok.

If you don't want to get a blender, you can get a fork to mash food after or with no steaming.

It works really well for beginner veg & fruit like mashed banana & avocado (no steaming)

Things like sweet potatoes & pumpkins get mashed really easily with a fork after steaming as when you steam, water gets into the bowl anyway so it's quite soft.

Your baby should be able to take smaller chunks/lumpy food at around 9 months + so I've kinda stopped mashing and instead dice the food and steam them. I only mash when I'm too lazy to dice :blush:

thanks... I still give her today and see how as the rash disappear this morning. If still got rash than i'll discontinue.

I gave lentils to my gal she dont like it i think mayb it just too sticky & made her uncomfortable after eating it... I plan to try barley can any one advice how to cook it?

I gave lentils to my gal she dont like it i think mayb it just too sticky & made her uncomfortable after eating it... I plan to try barley can any one advice how to cook it?

I usually mix 1-2 tablespoon of lentils, 3 tablespoon of carrots with millets (recipe for 3 babies). They love it

You could try chickpeas too... looks like peanut butter :)

As for barley, I usually blend the raw barley into powdery form, then only cook it. Else it is too lumpy

After 2 months of feeding plain yogurt (with fruit puree mixed in) to baby, my taste buds have also readjusted. I used to think that plain yogurt's terrible & sour - now I can eat plain yogurt by itself :lol:

It's been almost 2 months since I started my girl on solids. My observation currently is:

Her food preference - direct latch > solid food > bottle feeding (BM)

Her milk intake during the day at the bbsitter's have reduced quite significantly from 20oz - 15oz. I'm wondering if that's sufficient for an almost 8 month old baby? Her solid meals have now increased to 3 meals a day of about 2oz each meal (1oz of fruit/vege puree + 1oz of cereal/yogurt)

She'll direct latch at home - 7am, 9pm & 3am; 3am & 7am only drink from 1 breast and do not drain completely, i know because I can still pump out 5 - 8 oz after i feed at 7am

She also drinks about 7oz water throughout the day. Is that too much water? She seemed to prefer water than milk

During weekends, I could hardly get her to eat >1oz of solid at each meal, but she'll want to latch more often. The tricky part is when we go out, then she gets too excited and would not eat until she's absolutely starving, like after 5 hours of the previous meal/milk

Any signs I need to look out for to tell if she's having enough to eat/drink? Her poo is quite firm but not hard, but she does not poo everyday and at times would cry when she's trying to poo

hi all expirance mummies, I have a silly question to ask (sorry first time mummy don't know what to do :blush: ) I plan to introduce solid to my gal next month (another 2 weeks she will be 6 months old) I have a question which is after I introduce solid to her.. the solid food will replace the section of her milk intake... I read thru lots of artical its state milk (BM/FM) still an important food for baby which younger than 1 yro.. so after I introduce her solid shd I remain the same intake of her BM??

currently she will have 6 feed per day (2 direct feed, 4 bottle feed with 5oz BM) (is the feed too litter for a 5 1/2 mths old baby??) I don't know how.. do I have to remain or reduce her milk intake after introduce her solid... if remain how do I put in the solid schedule..?? can any mummies help me on this... sorry Im blur bout this... feel like Im useless mum.. such things also don't know.. :unsure:

hi all expirance mummies, I have a silly question to ask (sorry first time mummy don't know what to do :blush: ) I plan to introduce solid to my gal next month (another 2 weeks she will be 6 months old) I have a question which is after I introduce solid to her.. the solid food will replace the section of her milk intake... I read thru lots of artical its state milk (BM/FM) still an important food for baby which younger than 1 yro.. so after I introduce her solid shd I remain the same intake of her BM??

currently she will have 6 feed per day (2 direct feed, 4 bottle feed with 5oz BM) (is the feed too litter for a 5 1/2 mths old baby??) I don't know how.. do I have to remain or reduce her milk intake after introduce her solid... if remain how do I put in the solid schedule..?? can any mummies help me on this... sorry Im blur bout this... feel like Im useless mum.. such things also don't know.. :unsure:

Hi,

I'm not sure whether my way is correct. (I feed them 'on-demand')

1) I start with remain the milk schedule, introduce solid after milk. Result: not so easy to feed, cos they are full.

2) So, I try introduce solid then top up with milk. Result: much better, but if they are very hungry (they will be very cranky), feed them milk... miss a meal of solid

3) Eventually, my boys cry for solid when they are hungry.. they start to refuse milk

for my girl. I still follow her breastfeed schedule than top up with solid. In early month they only take a little bit of solid cus they stil learning. And add up the frequency and quantity from there.. Google and read from internet.. There's alot suggestion on what to feed and how to prepare and keep.

She's almost 1 year old and still bm first than solid. I plan to replace the milk session to fully solid when she hit the big 1.

Hi there,

I am about to start my boy with solid since he is already 6month old. May I know which brand of rice cereal do mommies here give as baby's 1st solid food? Any particular reason to your selection? Or is there any other options apart from rice cereal? Am totally lost due to brands and varieties overloaded :wacko3: . Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm not sure whether my way is correct. (I feed them 'on-demand')

1) I start with remain the milk schedule, introduce solid after milk. Result: not so easy to feed, cos they are full.

2) So, I try introduce solid then top up with milk. Result: much better, but if they are very hungry (they will be very cranky), feed them milk... miss a meal of solid

3) Eventually, my boys cry for solid when they are hungry.. they start to refuse milk

my boy was taking milk every 3 hrs... so for the solid feeding i used to give 1.5-2hrs gap after feeding... not too hungry neither too full.. and schedule the next feeding accordingly

Hi there,

I am about to start my boy with solid since he is already 6month old. May I know which brand of rice cereal do mommies here give as baby's 1st solid food? Any particular reason to your selection? Or is there any other options apart from rice cereal? Am totally lost due to brands and varieties overloaded :wacko3: . Thanks in advance.

i gave heinz rice cereal because it contains no added sugar unlike nestle brands

you can also give fruit purees

make http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ your bible.. lotsa great infos there

But heinze rice cereal discontinue already... I give Bellamy's organic baby rice and now, Bellamy's organic baby porridge which consist of oats and millet.

It's been almost 2 months since I started my girl on solids. My observation currently is:

Her food preference - direct latch > solid food > bottle feeding (BM)

Her milk intake during the day at the bbsitter's have reduced quite significantly from 20oz - 15oz. I'm wondering if that's sufficient for an almost 8 month old baby? Her solid meals have now increased to 3 meals a day of about 2oz each meal (1oz of fruit/vege puree + 1oz of cereal/yogurt)

She'll direct latch at home - 7am, 9pm & 3am; 3am & 7am only drink from 1 breast and do not drain completely, i know because I can still pump out 5 - 8 oz after i feed at 7am

She also drinks about 7oz water throughout the day. Is that too much water? She seemed to prefer water than milk

During weekends, I could hardly get her to eat >1oz of solid at each meal, but she'll want to latch more often. The tricky part is when we go out, then she gets too excited and would not eat until she's absolutely starving, like after 5 hours of the previous meal/milk

Any signs I need to look out for to tell if she's having enough to eat/drink? Her poo is quite firm but not hard, but she does not poo everyday and at times would cry when she's trying to poo

I think it looks about ok, even though people always said the amount of milk will remain the same after solids, I think there's always a slight decrease because we'd slightly increase the time in between milk feeds. I used to feed strictly every 3 hours before solids but with solids, I drag milk feeds to around 4 - 5 hours now for my 10 month old.

Mine dropped from 12 oz to around 9 oz during weekdays work hours and he's on around 3 meals of 3 oz a day along with some snacks in the afternoon.

Only suggestion I'd have is maybe slightly decrease the amount of water? 7 oz seems a bit much. If your paed is ok with it, maybe can cut down a few oz of water so it doesn't fill her little tummy up so she has more room for milk/solids. But 7 oz of water should def help with her poo!

My colls (solids + breast milk) told me it's normal for their baby to not poo everyday so it should be fine.

Heheh, you should see my baby poo! He'd stand, his face turns red, he grabs hard onto my hand for support and you can see him push. Looks as though he's in labor :lol:

Thanks for the information. What about happybellies brown rice cereal? Any mommies have tried that as 1st solid food before? I received it as a gift from a friend recently. Also, My boy 'won' himself a huge nestle cerelac hamper when he was in my tummy and now knowing that it has added sugar in the content, I am not sure if I should still feed him with this. We have almost all varieties of the Cerelac range in various sizes :dash2: Any advice?

thank u all mummies.. think I need to reschedule my gal's food intake in-order to fit in the solid food :blush: I have another question, is it we must introduce cerel to my gal for the first solid food? Im searching the solid cerel for my gal now seems like bit hard to get heizs' cerel in the market.. :unsure: