Sign in to follow this  
Yvon

DIY Cards or Print Cards

Hi Girls!

Can anybody advise me which wording to choose for my wedding reception. I am going to have garden theme wedding.

Like a garden in the Spring

life is full of wonderful things.

Their eyes met and from the start

love was planted in their hearts.

You're invited to the wedding receiption of

BRIDE

and

GROOM

on DATE

at TIME

ADDRESS <script>

CITY, STATE

Love is in the air…

we make a great pair!

You're invited to attend

our wedding reception

on DATE at TIME

ADDRESS

CITY, STATE

BRIDE

and

GROOM

You don't need a ticket

or an advance reservation,

just make waves

to our wedding reception.

BRIDE <script>

and

GROOM

will be married on

DATE

Please join them for a reception

when they return

DATE at TIME

ADDRESS

CITY, STATE

The first has poem thus making it rather special.

I vote for First!!

I like the first too :) How nice to have garden wedding.

Hi ladies,

I've finally decided to DIy my cards. I just have another question for the many experienced DIY brides here :biggrin: I am wondering how much does a sheet of vellum paper cost. I checked MPH and they go by weight. Roughly estimating, 10 sheets cost RM2.80. Is this rather pricey?

I bought a pack of vellum sheets from one of the shops behind Shaw Parade for RM25 per 100 pieces. If you get it from MPH or other stores, naturally, it'll be more expensive.

Hi, girls.

What do you think of my invitation card? My wedding theme is pink & white.

I've checked with printer in Pudu, they said they can only print A4 size...so I have to print the cards myself using home printer.

May I know for brides who DIY, do you print the cards yourself?

IMG_3902.jpg

amyho3, your colours are very nice! :smile: I will be printing with my printer and photocopying because my words are black. You can actually do whatever you like. I think there are printers that can do customized printing for you. Check with more printers.

meiteoh, I went to my local bookstore and they sell vellum at RM0.40 per sheet!!! :blink: So for me. MPH is cheapest now. Shaw parade is way too far for me to go. I might check out a few more stores first before making a final choice. It's all so expensive :unsure:

Yvon, well, yeah, that's coz they don't order in bulk or have wholesale accounts with these shops. Shaw Parade was pretty far for me as well so I actually took a day off and went with HB to get ALL my paper needs at one go. I scouted around and found that it's still cheaper to buy from them. So never mind.

Amy, I printed my own cards - invitation, announcement, thank you cards, house buffet cards, heritage cards and anything to do with paper. :smile:

meiteoh, I managed to get 100 sheets of vellum for RM25. Same price as yours. I totally forgot about this wholesaler where I live and paid it a visit today. Stuff there is cheaper than ordinary bookstores, definitely. Thanks for your recommendation. Btw, for your printing, I'd presume you did it all with laser jet printer? I wanted to print my own but I haven't got one of those wonderful machines. LOL. Photocopying it is. Production line to start very soon.

I've seen pictures of your cards too. For your Hei punch, was it hard to maintain? It seems to me, everytime I try to use mine, the papers will get stuck and then I'll have to get tin foil to sort of sharpen it before usage. Even then, there are some edges that don't cut off well. Any tips?

Thanks!

Yvon, cool! Am glad you found a supplier! If can save money, why not? ^^ And no leh, I didn't use a laser printer just my regular Canon 1880. I bought new cartridges and all (the ink didn't run and it dried quite well) - in fact, I shipped it all the way to Switzerland to use here.

Hei puncher??? In the beginning, it was super hard to punch so HB did the work most of the time. It takes a while for the puncher to loosen up and get used to the texture, etc. I usually punch the cards one by one as I find that it maintains the edges and shape better (and it's easier to punch through).

meiteoh, if I tell you what I'm about to tell you, you'd laugh. Along with the vellum, I also bought 100gsm A4 cards for the back of my cards. Guess what? I got the wrong colour! And the wrong amount. I miscalculated and was too hasty when purchasing. :blink: Maybe I was too excited about finding the vellum :lol: In the end, I wasted money instead of saving. Sigh... planning to sell to any bride-to-be's who may be interested. I feel like smacking myself silly. And that explains why I'm still awake at this hour (2.16 am). Because I can't sleep, thinking about how silly I am.

Whoa, ship to Switzerland? That's awesome. Mine's a HP Officejet. I'm just afraid that the ink smears because.. ehem.. I have sweaty palms. Bad thing when dealing with paper.

Ah, I foresee wrist aches while using the puncher. It is very difficult to use. Maybe I should take it out everyday from now and just press it up & down a few times each day to loosen it up before I actually use it for my cards.

Thanks for your help!

:lol:

Put it up for sale in the Garage Sale thread or something lor.

To avoid smearing the ink, I had the printer set to an option whereby it pauses in between sheets to allow the ink to dry on the paper before spitting it out. On top of that, I grab it by the edges and let the fan do its job. Only after around 5 minutes (depending on what type of paper) do I stack and place it aside. ^^

Yeah...sent it by seamail. :lol:

As for the puncher, I used my foot. :P

About the hei punch =P I'm using foot too and you will find it is so much easy to use :lol:

LOL... Won't the puncher kemek? Okay, I'll take out and step step a bit and see how they work.

Mmmm... self printing is not a bad idea at all. I think I might do just that for my order-of-service pamphlets. I think it'll be easier to customize the words than to print on a ready-made blank pamphlets. Great idea. yup yup.. :happy:

:lol:

Not mine. XD

In my case, I had no choice but to self-print because I needed only around 120 invites - too little and costly to go to a printer. :smile:

I MUST take the punches out to step step already. I still haven't done much yet and I haven't got that much time left until July!! Eeeek...

Thanks for your advise & suggestions. I.MUST.GET.TO.MY.CADRS.NOW!

Hi Yvon and Meiteoh,

Mind to share what is the address and the shop name that you got your vellum papers?

I went around shaw parade on the weekend, there're so many paper and printing shops there.

Thanks.

I got my papers from some local bookstore. No name kind. I'm not sure about Shaw Parade because I live like 1 hour away. And I've never heard of it until Mabel mentioned it :blush: But for me, I still cannot find one of the colours I want. I bought that colour from the local bookstore before to experiment. Today when I went back to get more to make my cards, they say people don't like that colour so they don't stock it anymore. And i visited 3 stores... all said the same. SIGH... DOn't know what I should do now. Might have to change plans. Sigh Sigh Sigh...

What you think about this - I went to see some ready-made cards but the more-presentable ones are like RM2.50 while the nicer/nicest ones are fetching up to RM5 per car+envelope. So i decided to see if someone could design & print my own wedding card and 1 supplier quoted me RM3.68/card+envelope for 330pcs. The only details I know are paper weight is Artcard 260gsm with 4color printing CYMK.

Is this a good deal? I'm still waiting for the other 2 suppliers to come back to me on a quote tho...what are your experiences?