jean_jj

How many bottles of red wine consumed during ur wedding dinner

Hi,

My AD is just around the corner and just had a fight with FH. He keep insisting that 1 table needs 3 bottles of red wine, which i mentioned, averagely 1 bottle per table is fine. Can the exprienced forumer share with me the alcohol (red wine) consumption during ur wedding dinner? In order to conclude better, please include the following info:

No of tables

Types of alcohol served (e.g: Red Wine, Hard Liquor, Beer... etc)

No of bottles - Red Wine

No of bottles - Hard Liquor

No of bottles - Beer

Thanks a lot for the info

i used up 2 1/2 crates red wine and 1 1/2 barrel f beer for 11 tables. we start serving wine and cocktail during cocktail hour at 6.30.

my sis time at ipoh dinner,

around 25 tables, consume like 10 bottle of hard liquor since we told those waiter / waitress to try to pour more tea and soft drink, beer not sure...

i think 1 bottle of red wine per table really not enough lo unless your invitees is not heavy drinker but mostly those auntie uncle will have at least one or two glasses since they knew red wine is good for health...

It depends very much on your guests, either heavy drinker, moderate or none-alcoholic drinker. I didn't prepare much, just 2 boxes (5 litre) of red wine and 6 bottles of hard liquor, beer? mmm .. maybe 20 cartons, I have 40 tables.

The reason I prepared less red win and hard liquor is, my guests mostly prefer beer compared to that two.

Check at your guests list again, are they all heavy and moderate drinker? if yes then you need to prepare more, at least 2 bottles of red wine, I think it is fine. :)

hi,

i had 30 tables for my reception in kl.

we used up 11 cartons of beer, 2 boxes of red wine and only half bottle of hard liquor.

we were very surprised at the outcome cos my hb's frens mostly drinkers.

mayb hard liquor is less favor now..

Ling,

Is it easy to serve wine in a box during dinner? I have came across those wine but I am wondering what's the best way to serve it? Direct from the box or pour into a jar 1st?

It depends very much on your guests, either heavy drinker, moderate or none-alcoholic drinker. I didn't prepare much, just 2 boxes (5 litre) of red wine and 6 bottles of hard liquor, beer? mmm .. maybe 20 cartons, I have 40 tables.

The reason I prepared less red win and hard liquor is, my guests mostly prefer beer compared to that two.

Check at your guests list again, are they all heavy and moderate drinker? if yes then you need to prepare more, at least 2 bottles of red wine, I think it is fine. :)

jean,

On average, I think you should prepare 2 bottles of wine per table as wine is the more preferred alcoholic drink in a wedding dinner.

Hi,

My AD is just around the corner and just had a fight with FH. He keep insisting that 1 table needs 3 bottles of red wine, which i mentioned, averagely 1 bottle per table is fine. Can the exprienced forumer share with me the alcohol (red wine) consumption during ur wedding dinner? In order to conclude better, please include the following info:

No of tables

No of bottles - Red Wine

No of bottles - Beer

i am preparing 13 cartons of Beer, 3 boxes of red wine... 30 bottles of hard liquor... for 45 tables... is that too much? :huh:

ceetee,

I think hard liquor too much jor since you have beer and wine as well. Perhaps you can reduce the amount of hard liquor to 22 bottles @ 1/2 bottle per table but increase the amount of red wine to 45 bottles @ 1 bottle per table.

i am preparing 13 cartons of Beer, 3 boxes of red wine... 30 bottles of hard liquor... for 45 tables... is that too much? :huh:

For us, we ordered 1 bottle (red/white) wine per table, we have 23 tables, totalling up about 23-25 bottles of wines. 1 hard liquor. 2 bottles sparkling white wine (champagne) for toasting. No beer at all.

Both our families and friends aren't huge drinkers, that's how we got to save some monies. :D

If your friends and families are clubbers/ drinkers, just top up extra 1-2 bottles per table, just in case.

Hi,

No of tables

No of bottles - Red Wine

No of bottles - Beer

For my wedding we also project average 3 bottles red wine per table end up we have 7 boxes balance of red wine :P

My side dinner as following:

No of Tables: 27

Red Wine: Order 5 boxes used up 2 boxes only

Hard Liquor: 5 bottles of 1.5 liter All used up all

Beer: FOC by restaurant so we donno how many used up :P

HB side dinner:

No of Tables: 48

Red wine: Order 9 boxes used up 5 boxes only

Hard Liquor: 12 bottles used up all

Beer: we order from calsberg end up the bill was abt RM600, actual how many bottle i donno oh :P

Hopes the info helps...

jean,

5 dozens @ 60 bottles for 2 tables? Is it 20 tables?

I am preparing 5 dozen for 2 tables (red wine) and 4 bottles hard liquor. Not serving beer. Hopefully it;s enuff lor~

Cher Yee

It is really up to the bride & groom budget. However, I'm serving more Chivas since most younger generations (eg ME!) like that drink and the price is quite reasonable (> RM 108 for Duty Free).

Usually the uncles and aunties from the 'kampung' will go goo goo ga ga over XO! Haha! But it's going to burn a BIG hole in your pocket since it is going to cost about RM 500 for a bottle! :angry:

My FH suggested, the bride & groom can perhaps serve XO to their close relatives and the 'cheaper' liquor to other guests. However, I didn't agree because it wouldn't look so nice if you segregate your liquors by positions. Just my 2 cents.

I'm planning to serve Chivas and Black Label...at the moment. :P

I think depend on the drinker's favourite.

They will drink those liquor that they feel they like.

For me, I like red wine a lot, it's my 1st choice.

But sometimes I can drink many rounds max 3 or 4 glasses & sometimes oni 1 sip. (Some wine taste weird or 'siap siap' which i dun like)

Hard liquor leh, if they serve Whisky, I will drink more. but if oni Brandy, I will switch to beer.

So, It really depends on the guests choice. We just have to be good in prediction.

Tips for u all:

Red Wine - For English Ed Young Drinkers / Social Drinkers

Brandy - For Chinese Educated Old Drinkers

Whisky - For English Educated Old Drinkers

Beer - For Chinesh Ed Young Drinkers & for almost all type of drinker

(I mean no mean judgement on this but this is just a simple thumb rule to follow)

For my dinner, we have 50% Youngsters & 50% Older Guest. More english educated ppl cuz many are church members & my schoolmates is in malay school.

I used up:

Red Wine - 7 Cartons

Whisky - 7 Bottles 1L

Brandy - 3 Bottles 1L

Beer - 2 Barrels (1 barrel has 40 jugs)

Leftover - 2 whisky & 1 brandy. No beer & red wine left.

But i heard red wine finished 1st...

For us, we had...

No of tables: 12

Types of alcohol served

24 bottles of French wine (a lot of people mistook this for champagne coz it's bubbly and white but it isn't - it's a slightly sweet sparkling dessert wine)

2 crates of hard liquor (mum's collection)

2 to 3 crates of beer

2 to 3 crates of stout

1 bottle of champagne from France for the toasting (I replaced the restaurant's sparkling juice)

We had a lot of compliments about the wine; unfortunately, it's not available in M'sia (my HB and his dad bought them from the factory near Lyon, and when they came over a week before the wedding, each of them took a bottle with them except for my HB who carried about 6 to 8 of them.

More info here.

Xiaomaomi, your prediction wouldn't work for my wedding! :lol: For my wedding, the wine was the first to go and there were plenty of leftover liquor, beer and stout. And I had about 60% people above 45 more than younger folks!

Doink2,

I have bought 6 bottles of Remy Martin XO (1 litre type) and it is selling for almost RM700 in KL, but i managed to grab it from the duty free shop as and when I fly here and there, so the price is abt RM400+.

I am thinking to serve Chivas as well as it's much cheaper compared to XO but my mum insisted that XO is a must especially to her relatives and friends .. sigh .. :wacko: :wacko:

Cher Yee

It is really up to the bride & groom budget. However, I'm serving more Chivas since most younger generations (eg ME!) like that drink and the price is quite reasonable (> RM 108 for Duty Free).

Usually the uncles and aunties from the 'kampung' will go goo goo ga ga over XO! Haha! But it's going to burn a BIG hole in your pocket since it is going to cost about RM 500 for a bottle! :angry:

My FH suggested, the bride & groom can perhaps serve XO to their close relatives and the 'cheaper' liquor to other guests. However, I didn't agree because it wouldn't look so nice if you segregate your liquors by positions. Just my 2 cents.

I'm planning to serve Chivas and Black Label...at the moment. :P

Dear meiteoh,

Thank you for ur comments.

However, I think you might have missed some points & I need to clarify here. :o

I wrote "Red Wine - For English Ed Young Drinkers / Social Drinkers".

Many old folks are also a social drinkers ma....right? <_<

I oso wrote "I have 50% Youngsters & 50% Older Guest on my dinner"

I used up 7 dozens red wine for 36 tables & it was finished early b4 the dinner course ended.

So, red wine quantity ratio aspect is the same with u lo...

Summore my dinner was on sunday nite.

The wines are bought in locals at very reasonable price.

(I highly recommended it not bcos of my friend is the supplier but most of my guests oso complimented the wine is great)

I mean no offence to you or anyone here, but I have to clarify this to avoid any misleading to our forumers here... :)

Peace peace...

:lol:

Oh, sorry if my post wasn't very clear. It's not meant to compare or say that your prediction is wrong or even insult you.

Just that in my case, it's not really true, that's all. Maybe the guests I had for my wedding are different than the norm. You don't have to clarify or anything like that. I'm sure the other members can understand me and you just fine. :)

Personally, I think in general, it depends on the type of people you're inviting. Like in my case, my mum's side (they are a mix of old + young, Chinese & English ed) prefer hard liqour and my dad's (same mix as well) side prefer beer & stout. Unfortunately for us, they all tasted the wine and had too much of a good thing so they didn't touch the rest. HB's side (old, young, French, Singaporean, educated) and my friends (mix age, educated), no need to say la...all hear about the wine coming from France rush to taste and drink rounds of just that. :lol:

Jean JJ , i also facing same prob as yours trying to rationale out how many is sufficient.

To share : my wedding 45tables only serve wine and liquor with NO beer.

Consumption for that night :

Wine : 80bottle < finished by 3/4 of the dinner >

Liquor : 24bottle < only consumed 60% >

So , averagely maybe wine : 2 bottles per table provided you are also serving liquor/beer.

Hey girls,

My wedding's around the corner too!! Anyway I'll be having 30 tables and have prepared 1 bottle of white wine and 1 bottle of Chivas per table. Beer is free by the hotel (I don't remember how much are they giving though) Well generally I know my friends will be drinking chivas so it's easy to determine how much is enough. I will also be getting 2 bottles of VSOP for my relatives coz my uncle commented that I should have hahaha coz they're old :P .

as1cCES002B0000MTExNDMwMnN8MDAwMTY0NHN8T

Diana,

How much is Chivas 1 litre (12 yrs)?

Hey girls,

My wedding's around the corner too!! Anyway I'll be having 30 tables and have prepared 1 bottle of white wine and 1 bottle of Chivas per table. Beer is free by the hotel (I don't remember how much are they giving though) Well generally I know my friends will be drinking chivas so it's easy to determine how much is enough. I will also be getting 2 bottles of VSOP for my relatives coz my uncle commented that I should have hahaha coz they're old :P .

as1cCES002B0000MTExNDMwMnN8MDAwMTY0NHN8T