mandy_c

Wedding Dinner Venues@ Ipoh

anyone has pictures of wedding dinner at syuen to share?

Drop by-lah when you are in Ipoh. We can show you around. (Weekdays pls, weekends are reserved)

Here's one sample from Syuen Hotel. Taken at the Chinese restaurant for Kai and Vanessa's Wedding.

post-149-1169968041_thumb.jpg

I got my booking at sun lee how fook... my ad 19 jan 2008 but someone alredi booked downstair which can accomodates up to 80 tables... me have about 35 tables and we booked upstairs... it looks quite pleasant... small yet enuff for us... cosy, no pillars...

I went to hee la ton... grand and great! too bad it is too big... 100 tables and if ur tables are lesser than the person who booked same day with u, u sit at the back! sigh... but we love this place..

Heritage taithong is a disappointment... most disappointed with oversea...

Any other comments about sun lee how fook ar? esp the upstairs room? we went around yday to find for a place and it took us the whole day! everything is booked on 19 jan! it was so frustrating... then we decided on sun lee how fook...

didnt know jan 19 is a good day for so many ppl!!! i tot we r fast but there are ppl faster than us!!!

any comments pls let me know ya... share share...

Hi ladies!

I'm also eyeing Sun Lee How Fook... seeing that the booking needs to be one year ahead, I better book quickly! My AD is scheduled to be in May 2008... Where is Hei Loi Tong?

thanks for the pic, jetflyn but the pic doesn't really show the ambience/setting of the ballroom

Ok. How about this one?

Hope this picture helps. But then, it is advisable to go there to experience it yourself.

I'm just playing my part as a member to help out other MB members.

I hope that by my posting pictures here may not be miscontrued as trying to advertise my services. Some members may think like that, we can't stop them thinking that way.

As mentioned in many of my replies, we are based in Ipoh and if any members would like me or my wife to help out in their wedding planning, we would be glad to help out in areas that we could as we have over the years and practically every wedding that we are involved in, we get to meet other wedding suppliers ie: florists, MUA, tai kum cheh, event planners, bands, hotels, restaurants and many others........

By the way, my nick is jetfynn and not jetflyn.

Fairuz n Nadya Wedding at Syuen Ballroom 1

15.jpg

Fairuz n Nadya Wedding at Syuen Ballroom 2

12.jpg

to Babysiew,

Did you contact the band that is based in Ipoh? Hope she is still available.

Hi ladies!

I'm also eyeing Sun Lee How Fook... seeing that the booking needs to be one year ahead, I better book quickly! My AD is scheduled to be in May 2008... Where is Hei Loi Tong?

Hei Loi Tang is used to be Lea Garden, near the roundabout to Gopeng/Kampar Road. Yup their hall is grand, can accomodate 100 tables. How many tables are you having?

For me, the best food offered by the famous restaurant at Ipoh will be Pusing Public (Mun Chong) @ Horley Street. That's why i've had mine there last year.

yup...jetfynn.....pic looks gd...thanks again....sorry bout the typo mistake for yer name

Glad to have helped. Have plenty more taken from Syuen.

Hi Honeynut,

Oo Hei Loi Tang is ex-Lea Garden ya... I haven't eaten there before, so not sure of the quality of the food. I haven't finished counting the numbers yet, but I estimate about 40 to 50 tables. In Sun Lee How Fook, how many tables can I get upstairs? Will I have to share with another wedding?

SLHF onli can accomodate max 30 tables upstairs... thats why i didnt book SLHF... went to HLT instead... booked for 50-60 tables... paid deposit as well... love the ambience and decoration... looks new and got lotsa car park...

Hello all,

If anyone of you is still looking for recommendations and feedbacks about wedding in Ipoh hotels, I would strongly recommend Syuen Hotel. I just had my wedding banquet there last week, for 560 guests and we had a blast.

Food was great (no joke) and the setup of the ballroom was done pretty much to what we wanted. They even allowed us to do up alot of deco inside the ballroom (we had a event planner to deco the spaces).

My coordinator from Syuen was Ms. Chee, please do look for her, she's a charm to work with. I previously engaged Ms. Jasmine but she's quite a pain in the neck so I requested to change to someone else and I got Ms. Chee.

Rooms were OK but still lack some features of 4/5 star hotels in KL.

Hope this helps.

//mandy_c

Just drop by in Ipoh and taste it yourself-lah. Can bring you there too as we are based in Ipoh mah......

Chinese restaurants in Ipoh.Hmmmm. Let me see.......

More famous ones are:

1) Overseas Rest.

2) Sun Lee How Fook

3) Public Mun Choong

4) Hei Loi Tung

5) Tai Thong (located within Heritage Hotel)

If anyone here wants to see how the food looks like, drop by our studio and we could show how the food is like during the dinner. (We have plenty of them)

Any queries please revert, ok? Thanks. Hope this info helps.

Hai, can i have a look for those photos expecially Mun Chong, we may have wedding dinner there next year. Thanks in advance.

boon5548@yahoo.co.uk

Janice

Hi! I am new here. Am wondering if anyone has good suggestion on good yet affordable restaurant to hold wedding dinner in Ipoh?

Wanted to hold in hotel initially, but seems like future MIL prefers to have it in restaurant. Reason being, the food is more yummy .. <_<

So really need some expert advice as I am not from Ipoh...Thanks a heap.

p/s: FH is outstation at the moment so unable to assist.

Give me a call and I'll show you where to go.

U can refer to this thread... inside has a list of restaurants in ipoh...

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/Weddin...Ipoh-t1099.html

Thanks BabySiew! In that case I shall continue my feedbacks in that thread instead of opening a new one. I did try to search for the thread before but to no avail. Thanks! Thanks!

Thanks to jetfynn too. Appreciate your kindness! :) I am trying to do my homework first before "discussion" with FIL..hehe..if it happens that FIL wanted to make the call, I am alrite with that..at least I did my homework. (in case also FIL has no intention to make the call..at least I have plan B :P )

Thanks every1!

Hi Baby Siew,

Why do you say Heritage is most disappointed?

Pls share what is teh bad points..

I got my booking at sun lee how fook... my ad 19 jan 2008 but someone alredi booked downstair which can accomodates up to 80 tables... me have about 35 tables and we booked upstairs... it looks quite pleasant... small yet enuff for us... cosy, no pillars...

I went to hee la ton... grand and great! too bad it is too big... 100 tables and if ur tables are lesser than the person who booked same day with u, u sit at the back! sigh... but we love this place..

Heritage taithong is a disappointment... most disappointed with oversea...

Any other comments about sun lee how fook ar? esp the upstairs room? we went around yday to find for a place and it took us the whole day! everything is booked on 19 jan! it was so frustrating... then we decided on sun lee how fook...

didnt know jan 19 is a good day for so many ppl!!! i tot we r fast but there are ppl faster than us!!!

any comments pls let me know ya... share share...

Bad points? well i went around Jan 2007 to book for my wedding Jan 2008... the date was booked for the restuarant so i asked for the grand ballroom.. then they said it was also booked by the same guy, Mr. David who has not paid the booking deposit nor confirmed! so i asked them can call him to confirm or not, they said cannot... wait until Mr. David call them to confirm... i said i can pay u the deposit now... they said cannot... policy who comes, who first... i said i know but cant call Mr. David to ask him confirm? said cant, mr David in spore... i walked away and booked HLT... then 1 week later i went back to ipoh to pay HLT booking dep, after i paid, heritage tai thong called and asked me whether i wan or not cos Mr David both place also dont wan... i told them no i don wan and serve u right!