renelle95

The Photoz

Lynn,

hmm... may be wait until i make an appointment with them to see more sample photos kua :lol:

So far, I had sufted a few photographers' websites. I haven't visited any one of them.

The summary is

(1) Grant Corban's style give me a 'brightness' feeling. I saw my friend's AD photos taken by GC. He catched all the precious moment on her AD.

(2) David Chua: his studio photos are diff style, like the couple is living in their own world. Unique. The smiling, the angle of catching the couple smiling is very sharp, and can see their face, expression, their happiness clearly and naturally.

(3) Exes studio: a classic feeling, classic until feeling no one will ever have the same wedding, same thing (actually it is, coz this is our wedding wat) :lol:

(4) Photoz: most of the taken photos I saw is from 'ce4 mian4' (from side)... hmm... the 'masterpiece' I saw in the website is the "mother holding her daughter, before the daughter chu4 jia4" ;)

Dunno lei, these are the feeling I got when I surfed wed site, except GC, I saw his actual work but nvr meet him yet. May be i will have the different perception if I go to their office to see the actual work :D

Yes u are right.. u should go to their office... see which photographer is more approachable lor.. cos it's very hard to get someone that u cannot communicate well

exes stdio's boss called patrick. Zung from The Photoz refer him to me. I haven't contacted him yet. If anyone has contact Patrick do let me know yeah! Thanks

Lynn,

i've got a reply email from Patrick about the AD photography. Apparently, they have two teams, one is Patrick's and another one is Greg's (price more cheaper).

What he quoted me is inclusive of transportation, coz i am not from kl. But they also have two photographer too.

exes stdio's boss called patrick. Zung from The Photoz refer him to me. I haven't contacted him yet. If anyone has contact Patrick do let me know yeah! Thanks

Lynn,

i've got a reply email from Patrick about the AD photography. Apparently, they have two teams, one is Patrick's and another one is Greg's (price more cheaper).

What he quoted me is inclusive of transportation, coz i am not from kl. But they also have two photographer too.

icic, they should be okay. This was recommended by ThePhotoz (zung). They have different style from ThePhotoz

hi everyone!

actually i already booked the photoz for my AD, but only need halfday as we only need to cover the dinner...anyone know who has a more photojournalistic stlye out of the team at the photoz?? i met zung and he's great, but he doesn't do half day shoots usually..so sad.. :( oh well..but anyone here know who's shoots stuff that's more natural, not pose-y type?

hi everyone!

actually i already booked the photoz for my AD, but only need halfday as we only need to cover the dinner...anyone know who has a more photojournalistic stlye out of the team at the photoz?? i met zung and he's great, but he doesn't do half day shoots usually..so sad.. :( oh well..but anyone here know who's shoots stuff that's more natural, not pose-y type?

I think Photoz's style is those natural, we called it "photojournalism" ... so it really does not matter who is the photographer I guessed ;)

oh well..but anyone here know who's shoots stuff that's more natural, not pose-y type?

Hi,

I've read an article in the Star about these 3 photojournalistic wedding photographers: Kid Chan, Grant Corban and a new guy Louis Pang. You can download the article.

http://www.kidchan.com

http://www.grantcorban.com

http://www.louisapng.com

I've been in touch with Louis. His work is unique. You should check it out along with Kid and Grant's work as well.

Chooz, I beg to differ your views that in photojournalistic wedding coverage the photographers didn't matter. It's the individual photographer who create the images. So personal skills is very important IMHO.

Jess

oh well..but anyone here know who's shoots stuff that's more natural, not pose-y type?

Hi,

I've read an article in the Star about these 3 photojournalistic wedding photographers: Kid Chan, Grant Corban and a new guy Louis Pang. You can download the article.

http://www.kidchan.com

http://www.grantcorban.com

http://www.louisapng.com

I've been in touch with Louis. His work is unique. You should check it out along with Kid and Grant's work as well.

Chooz, I beg to differ your views that in photojournalistic wedding coverage the photographers didn't matter. It's the individual photographer who create the images. So personal skills is very important IMHO.

Jess

These guys are what we call premier photojournalistic photographers. In the end it's the clients choice. By the way, The Photoz is also one of them.

Well, to put it in simple terms, a Mercedes or a Kancil can take you from KL to Penang, but then what is the difference?

Some will say, it's the same what?

Some will say, a little difference loh...

Some will say, a BIG difference.....

In this competitive industry, any person with a camera can say they are a photographer.

To a lot of ppl, taking pictures is easy.

Well, capturing the exact moment with the essence, emotion and storytelling capabilities takes a very skilled photographer to do so.

:D:D:D

I think Photoz's style is those natural, we called it "photojournalism" ... so it really does not matter who is the photographer I guessed  ;)

I agree with Jetfynn and JessicaL.

Every photographer has his/her own style. This is even more so with 'premier' photographers.

Mosts people may not be able to differentiate each style, that is where the mass market bridal shop comes in. In these bridal shop, your photo may be taken by a junior photographer who are trained to take certain pose, especially for studio shoot where the background and lighting is static. In that sense, the outcome + quality is more or less the same.

However in 'photojournalism', you are shooting 'live' ! The photographers has to think on his feet, the lighting and background is dynamic, people are moving around.

This situation calls for an experienced AD photographer. And in Klang Valley there's only a handful of these premier photographers. A group of them are over here http://www.signaturephotographers.com/ as well as grantcorban, kidchan, ..etc. Up north you will find jimliaw and his apprentice Jetfynn, and in sabah you will find louispang.

I've seen zung's work, and it is fantastic, it is worth every penny to hire him. Yeh is his partner in thephotoz, and although I've yet to see his work, there are forummers here who gives him a big thumbs up. (ask lynn)

sabah/sarawak = also alvin leong photography.

I never much like bridal shops. Thats why I think for those who are gonna spend or has spent a huge amount on photographs, might as well consider those independant photographers or bridal shops which are geared towards 'photojournalism'.

Also, those who MTM their gowns, taking a BS package is not so worth it.

But BS is more convinient as its a all in one package. So perhaps thats why people would engage BS to do their shootings and as many of you have mentioned, lotsa people would just take and get done with it, but how many actually appreciate the outcome of the photos?

BTW, would like to hear some comments, I often hear BS's cons, gimmicks, scams, no professional trust and unethical. However, is there any negative feedback/s about independant photographers? Do they also keep asking you to top up and up?

JessicaL & micron

Before you even start to question my knowledge on photography and beg to differ from my views, would you please read lilyn22's intended query in the first place? :rolleyes:

If you had read carefully, she was asking "of all the photographers in the Photoz, who's shooting style is more natural and not posey types , who has a more photojournalistic stlye out of the team at the photoz " which in my opinion it shouldn't raise any great concern at all as Photoz style for AD is natural, photojournalistic style as that is their general business direction. Therefore, if her only concern is to have photojournalistc for her AD, then I believe any photographers in Photoz would be able to deliver that. Mind you, she was not asking which photographer's skill is BETTER! Had she asked that, I wouldn't even botherd to answer her as I am in no place to comment coz I've not used their service before. I've only viewed their work in person therefore I know that the Photoz is doing natural photojournalistic style, not some Jln Ipoh/Jln Loke Yew style (to put it bluntly), which I believe is what lilyn22 wanted to know! Yes, We know about Kidchan already, we know about Louis Pang and Grant Corban, but SO??? lilyn22 was interested in the team of photographers from Photoz. If you had read even more carefully, she had actually BOOKED photoz for her AD. So JessicaL, pls read the post carefully, understand the question before you post a comment (esp when you are quoting someone who might not keep quiet if she is being wronged) be relevant, don't be too eager to sing praises for whoever you think is a good photographer!

Don't even start to preach to me about photojournalism or "premier photographers". From where I come from, Singapore, it has been around way longer than where you come from, Malaysia. To tell you honestly, my hb knows a fair bit about photography himself and we will not settle for anything less than the cream of the crob for our wedding photos. That is why despite being able to stretch our S$$ further had we engaged YOUR group of signature photographers from http://www.signaturephotographers.com/, we still decided to part with more savings and engage someone from Singapore for our Pre-wedding PS. Had we have more budget, we would have flewn in our photographer from SG for AD too but we could only settle for local photogapher due to budget constraints. Don't get me wrong that I'm just a typical skeptic to anything "Buatan Malaysia", I'm not! In fact, I've personally made trips down to KL to visit local studios like the Photoz, David Chua, Camwork etc and I KNOW their work ;) Even David Chua (he's originated from S'pore) sighed to hb and I that photojournalistic style is still not taking off as well as in Singapore. And he hopes to bring the idea from Singapore to the ppl in Malaysia.

Want to see photography that is worth EVERY PENNY spent, ask me! No, really ... I can share with you my pre-wedding PS from S'pore when it's ready. ha ha ha :lol:

Sorry if I sounded blunt and "politically INcorrect", I'm just giving my 2 cents worth ... and don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to condemn any local photographers, in fact, I find that many of them has great potentials, like David Chua :) . I'm just trying to give a piece of my mind back when someone is trying to give me his/her piece of mind! ;)

PEACE!! :lol:

chooz,

cool down cool down.

I'm sorry if I have offended you, I'm just here to share my views so that other members here may benefit from it (not only lilyn22), that IMHO is what a forum is all about.

what i wrote is more of an understanding of what photojournalism is about, as there may be new members who are new to this idea. I shared this to let others know that if you are scouting for a photographer, be aware that each has his/her own style despite what the sales person will tell you. So one must be clear of what his/her wants, as not to be disappointed in the end. Like in your case, you know what you wanted and hired your photographer from singapore. (can't wait to see your leng leng photo :rolleyes: ) There are many ppl who liked BS also, for the convenience and they are happy with the outcome too, as proven by may nice photos shared in this forum. so there is no right or wrong, it depends on the client.

I agree with every point you said in your last post. As for lilyn22's question, since she has engaged thephotoz, you are correct to say all of them will be able to give her photojournalistic photos.

My input is just that, if you have been to thephotoz, looked at all work by zung, and you wanted your photos to be like just that. however if your photographer is not zung, don't expect the outcome to be 'exactly' like zung's maybe 90% :lol: So the main thing is, go talk to your actual photographer, and communicate to him/her what you wanted.

Hi Chooz,

I am not questioning your photography knowledge and taste. I find it offensive that because you are coming from Singapore that you presume that you would know more than a Malaysian bride to be about wedding photojournalism? Let's keep our discussion civil.

I only stated that the individual photographer matters even though they all shoot photojournalistic style--be it within the Photoz group or amongst other wedding photojournalists. This is because everyone has different style & vision. That's all. Now, if you disagree kindly tell us why.

Jess

Wow! Cool it - lah, as mentioned earlier, in the end, it's up to the client's taste.

We up here in the northern region trying to "educate" ppl on the photojournalistic style and still trying our very best to continue to do so but then, some perceptions do not change.

From statistics gathered:

95% of ppl still go the traditional way, that is to BS.

5% of ppl who used us knows what they want. Normally they MTM gown AND they have some experienced overseas style of photography.

I find it offensive that because you are coming from Singapore that you presume that you would know more than a Malaysian bride to be about wedding photojournalism? Let's keep our discussion civil.

Ooh ... the cat claws are coming out already, haven't we here?? ha ha ha :lol:

Anyway, first of all, please do not put words in my mouth or presume that I think the same as you do (as in your comments above). I did not say those lines, you said it yourself! I was just stating the fact that photojournalism for wedding has been around in Singapore longer than in Malaysia. As a result, the brides in Singapore might have had a better chance of earlier exposure to the idea, and perhaps that exposure might have helped them gained stronger knowledge and higher expectation as compared to their MY counterparts. Even if that is so, what is so wrong and offensive about? Am I not right to think that way?

Don't always get all worked up and defensive at the first hint of criticism and arrogance from your fellow neighbours from down-south. These criticism could actually serve as a "wake up call". Instead, take it with a pinch of salt and start doing some self-reflecting and self-improving that will eventually help shut the mouths of critics and skeptics!

Speaking of being offensive? I find it the UPMOST offensive that you thought that I was incapable of carrying out a "civilised" discussion!! :rolleyes: you might not have said that in exact words, but can I presume that you did? Just like how you presumed that my remarks carried elements of insult to a nation?? Just for your information, I'm not exactly a Singaporean, I'm still holding a Malaysian passport therefore there is no reason for me to be biased. You can call me arrogant for all I care, but I'm definitely not "uncivilised"! You were not very "civilised" yourself when you bluntly told Edmundtham off and made him removed his "commercial plug" to somewhere else ... he was happily barging into our conversation with much tolerance from us until YOU came along!

Jess Jess, you still don't get it, do you? The cause of this whole "chaos" in this thread was because you did not get the question raised in the first place correctly. I was just stating a casual comment that lilyn22 should not have much to worry about not having photojournalistic style for AD as she has engaged Photoz. She should be safe with any of the photographers if her only interest was to have photojournalistic, I wasn't even going into the "style" of each of the photographers yet. Get it???

even Micron agrees with me on this part in his latest post and made an effort to make peace with me, which I find it very gentlemanly and "civilised"! :) :lol:

even our fellow gentleman here, jetfynn agrees that "We up here in the northern region trying to "educate" ppl on the photojournalistic style and still trying our very best to continue to do so but then, some perceptions do not change." (quoted from his latest post)

So, tell me, is it such a big deal afterall, for us in the southern region to think that we MIGHT know a little better than you do??!

Hi micron,

nah, no worries at all ... I'm alright now ... in fact I didn't actually find YOUR comments the upmost offensive anyway. After I've cooled down yesterday and when I thought back, I think I might have over-reacted ... hee hee :P

In fact, I was quite surprised to find that despite my "outrage" at you, you can still remain calm, sensible and try to make peace with me :rolleyes: Really appreciate that, makes me see you in a different light ;) Anyway, guys are always less petty and rational ;)

You're definitely a friend to keep, so peace peace ok? :lol:

Hi Chooz,

Let us put emotions aside and consider this from the beginning:

1. lilyn22 asked the question:

but anyone here know who's shoots stuff that's more natural, not pose-y type?

Two ways to understand this:

a. Any other photographers outside of the Photoz group who shoots this style

b. Which photographer amongst the Photoz group shoots more natural, non-posey type

So, I could have misunderstood her question by going with a. What have I done after that? Just mentioned a few other photographers that I know who shoots photojournalistically. Is that wrong? Does that deserve a barrage from you?

2. You wrote: I think Photoz's style is those natural, we called it "photojournalism" ... so it really does not matter who is the photographer I guessed

I replied: Chooz, I beg to differ your views that in photojournalistic wedding coverage the photographers didn't matter. It's the individual photographer who create the images. So personal skills is very important IMHO.

Granted I had misunderstood lilyn22's question, it therefore led me to think you meant "all wedding photojournalists are the same and therefore the photographer didn't matter. Forgive me for misunderstanding your point. And forgive me if I make you feel sore with my reply.

What I wrote was not a swipe at you or an erring point. I am only offering a view that every individual photographer has his own style and taste. So it still matters who the photographer is. That's all. It's my belief and I am stating it. That's what this forum is about...exchanging ideas, opinions, etc.

3. Why do I find you offensive? Let's consider your statements:

a. Don't even start to preach to me about photojournalism or "premier photographers". From where I come from, Singapore, it has been around way longer than where you come from, Malaysia.

b. Want to see photography that is worth EVERY PENNY spent, ask me!

What is preaching? Perhaps a 30-minute sermon. I only wrote a two-paragraph reply. So I don't think anyone preached at you. But what about your statements? How should I read it? How would you feel if we swap places and I said those exact words to you?

I wrote: "I've been in touch with Louis. His work is unique. You should check it out along with Kid and Grant's work as well."

You replied: "don't be too eager to sing praises for whoever you think is a good photographer!"

So nobody can recommend a photographer around here? I'm just naming the guys I've read on a recent article. Yes, Photoz, David Chua, Jim Liaw are all great photographers too. I just name a few that came across my mind. It is by no means a closed list.

Chooz, I never intended a fight. So I apologize for whatever ways I have sored you. I didn't mean any harm. I also hope you can see why I find certain statements from you offensive. Let's put this behind us. Shall we? Peace? B)

Jess

Alright, look ... I might have over-reacted and it seems like you've got your point there and I have mine too and I don't think we'll ever reach a mutual understanding on this ... it will just go on and on and on if we keep insisting on our own views.

So, let's just laugh it off and put the whole episode behind us, shall we? I don't want this to turn into a rowing match between the 2 of us, lets put the resources (the threads) into good use k ;)

Peace, of course!

Hi all,

The excitement of being the blushing bride is all over - almost like an anti climax. Thankfully I still wonderful memories of my wedding clear in my head. I got married on 10 February 2007.

As this forum is all about letting opinions be heard, I wish to inform everyone about the tremendous work that my photographers did on my wedding day. If you have been through your wedding, you'll understand what I mean about missing certain things that happen throughout the day as you're too busy making sure everything is ok (more importantly making sure that you look your best ;) )

I have to highly commend the wonderful team of photographers from THE PHOTOZ especially Yeh & Allan. For without them, I would not remember the touching, brilliant and beautiful moments of our wedding. They have truly lifted up to their tagline of "Capturing Moments".

I have taken the time to write this comment albeit short because I think that they truly deserve the accolade. All of my friends who have viewed my pics have also resonated the same feelings - that the photos that they have seen are definitely the best ever.

Thank you to THE PHOTOZ!!!!

Hi Juicey,

Congratulation! Happy to hear that you have a wonderful memories on you wedding.

Mind to share with me THE PHOTOZ contact no. , quotation and your lovely AD photos ?

E-mail: tsiewchoo@gmail.com

Thanks a lot !

Hi all,

The excitement of being the blushing bride is all over - almost like an anti climax. Thankfully I still wonderful memories of my wedding clear in my head. I got married on 10 February 2007.

As this forum is all about letting opinions be heard, I wish to inform everyone about the tremendous work that my photographers did on my wedding day. If you have been through your wedding, you'll understand what I mean about missing certain things that happen throughout the day as you're too busy making sure everything is ok (more importantly making sure that you look your best ;) )

I have to highly commend the wonderful team of photographers from THE PHOTOZ especially Yeh & Allan. For without them, I would not remember the touching, brilliant and beautiful moments of our wedding. They have truly lifted up to their tagline of "Capturing Moments".

I have taken the time to write this comment albeit short because I think that they truly deserve the accolade. All of my friends who have viewed my pics have also resonated the same feelings - that the photos that they have seen are definitely the best ever.

Thank you to THE PHOTOZ!!!!