bunniecarrot

The Saujana Hotel, Subang

The Saujana...

I have a friend who held her reception there 3 months ago..

Food was alright.. it's Hotel Foods.. you can't expect too much out of it. Service is good. New plates will be replaced before each dish is brought to your table. The same goes to your drinks, before you could finish your soda, they will exchange with a new, filled glass. Ambience wise, it's romantic. The landscape around the hotel is good for pre-wedding shooting, if you can't think of a better place. You should go see it yourself. :D

hie...

thanks!!! me personally haven't been to wedding dinner is that hotel, but will be holding mine there. Really hope the service is good.

ya, the ambience is nice, got my pre-wedding photos taken there too! ;)

I looked at their website. Looks very nice for an outdoor setting. But can't really see what the indoor is like. GAve a call to ask if the italian restaurant build on still on lake side is available for wedding. Too bad not. But the pool apparently overlook the lakeside.

I wonder if it is close to the lake...

Hi, dear all, plan to have my wedding at the Saujana.

Good to know if anyone here can share they wedding experience at the Saujana?

I guess I am guite happy(?) with the package they offer. Except cokages. They charge Rm50 per open bottle. It will be good if is free :)

and one more thing is check out the Bridal Suite... ahhh is not what I expected, It is kind of a bit run down. Hall is nice, package is nice, but not the room... anyone can advise on this?

Need some confident vote. So I won't regret after I sign the peace of paper :)

One down... more to go :)

personally, I would choose for saujana only for the outdoor. I was looking at that possibility. The gardens are beautiful and the italian restaurant is on the lake edge. Otherwise the hotel itself okaylah

it really depends if you are looking at PJ area... coz i think for that kind of package, you have it indoor in ballroom.

I thought Prince hotel's menu package is comparable...for example..and the ballroom is newer... though I have preferance for the grand ballroom but it's only for at least 300 pax. Junior ball's layout is not what I am looking for. Maybe worthwhile to check it out if you have not.

Indeed, Prince hotel ball room is nice, but the package is RM1,000 ++ compare to Saujana RM788++ something like that.

But got friends who held some company event there and seem something is wrong here and there, food not rite, not enough, it seem short change to the customer. But I hope it was pass and they have corrected the short fall. Anyway, as this is an event I plan to organise once in a life time:) so dare not take the risk :(

Thanks

Hey all,

Just to share my idea on Saujana KL.

I had my wedding dinner at ZAMRUD ROOM and it caters min18tables and max 23 tables inclusive of reserve 1 table.

I like the ambience at Saujana as it is relax and comfortable. If i can have the chance to hold a buffet style wedding dinner, I would call it to be by the pool side, which is also very near to the lake side. Anyway, mine turn out to be table served dinner. :)

I especially like the guest receiving (reception) area, where for ZAMRUD room, it is held at the garden sitting area. Tables and chairs are already there, so need not worry guests have no where to sit if the dinner is delayed. Moreover, it is just next to the lake. Cool breeze from the lake will certainly make the whole evening romantic! They also put up candles on the lake fence (wooden), very nice!

As compared to the Main Ballroom, their reception area is the covered hall. Tables and chairs are available too, but it depends if you like it open air or covered.

Zamrud room walking aisle for bridal march is short. so, have to walk slowly. :)

Comes to the food at Saujana, I will rate is 8/10 as this is hotel, so can't really expect it to be same as those chinese restaurant. For my case, the wine and liquor is free per number of confirmed table. Wine is 2 per able and liquor is 6bottles free. Of course, this comes after negotiation with the Hotel.

The bridal suite provided is good. It has it's own bedroom, a family hall, dining area and kitchen. It can be connected to the room next to it. I had my chutmun from the Hotel bridal suite and it really was good as it could accomodate so many people. In the evening, they provide 1/2day use room for changing and rest. The room provided is near to the Dinner room.

Karutong, I wonder if you have signed up, but personally I like The Saujana for my wedding dinner and chutmun.

p/s My hubby went to the Prince Hotel before for wedding dinner. Not sure there are how many ballrooms but the one he went is a narrow long room. It has 2 rows of tables from end to end and splitted by the walking aisle. My hubby said, too long, can't hear and see what the front stage is doing.

I just saw saujana. Definately top our list. Ballroom so so but like bunnie carrot say, zamrud room is great!

As for the food, we have heard it is so so. but we have confident that things will improve because they are now under GMH group which also own datai/adaman in langkawi and carcosa. They are renovating the rooms and upgrading thier restaurants. They are planning to build a bigger ballroom.

Hey all,

Just to share my idea on Saujana KL.

I had my wedding dinner at ZAMRUD ROOM and it caters min18tables and max 23 tables inclusive of reserve 1 table.

I like the ambience at Saujana as it is relax and comfortable. If i can have the chance to hold a buffet style wedding dinner, I would call it to be by the pool side, which is also very near to the lake side. Anyway, mine turn out to be table served dinner. :)

I especially like the guest receiving (reception) area, where for ZAMRUD room, it is held at the garden sitting area. Tables and chairs are already there, so need not worry guests have no where to sit if the dinner is delayed. Moreover, it is just next to the lake. Cool breeze from the lake will certainly make the whole evening romantic! They also put up candles on the lake fence (wooden), very nice!

As compared to the Main Ballroom, their reception area is the covered hall. Tables and chairs are available too, but it depends if you like it open air or covered.

Zamrud room walking aisle for bridal march is short. so, have to walk slowly. :)

Comes to the food at Saujana, I will rate is 8/10 as this is hotel, so can't really expect it to be same as those chinese restaurant. For my case, the wine and liquor is free per number of confirmed table. Wine is 2 per able and liquor is 6bottles free. Of course, this comes after negotiation with the Hotel.

The bridal suite provided is good. It has it's own bedroom, a family hall, dining area and kitchen. It can be connected to the room next to it. I had my chutmun from the Hotel bridal suite and it really was good as it could accomodate so many people. In the evening, they provide 1/2day use room for changing and rest. The room provided is near to the Dinner room.

Karutong, I wonder if you have signed up, but personally I like The Saujana for my wedding dinner and chutmun.

p/s My hubby went to the Prince Hotel before for wedding dinner. Not sure there are how many ballrooms but the one he went is a narrow long room. It has 2 rows of tables from end to end and splitted by the walking aisle. My hubby said, too long, can't hear and see what the front stage is doing.

Hi, bunny carrot. Boy, am I glad that someone is sharing their experience at Saujana here. My fiance would like to have our wedding dinner at Saujana so I'm a bit more confident with the place now since you gave it a thumbs up. You mind sharing your wedding package with me?

Thanks

Unfortunately, when i called them on Monday morning, they told me my AD 17.11.07 has been taken for both Senja and Zamrud. :D

Would love to have my wedding dinner there....

Unfortunately, when i called them on Monday morning, they told me my AD 17.11.07 has been taken for both Senja and Zamrud. :blink:

Yeah, Yeeha. Saujana is fully booked for the whole month of November and December '07

ya no doubt tat Saujana Ballroom really not bad, when i paid the 1st visit ( w decorated ballroom for WD) , my FH and i edi like it very much....so last week we discussed with the person incharge, she look very xtion for our 1st impression !

For those who concern, their package edi increase to from RM818++ (previously RM 768++)

*u hav to pay booking fee and also 80% of ur package b4 a week ( if not mistaken) of ur dinner! May i know is this a new term apply for all hotel??

Hi maro,

Mind sharing who was the person in charge whom you met up with? I'm considering having my dinner in this hotel too, but won't be till next year.. Thanks.

Hi Maro & Wan Yee,

I think the person you talked to is Jacky ?

Well, she is alright actually. Just for the 1st impression, no doubt, quite true. But till the end, she is helpful.

ya no doubt tat Saujana Ballroom really not bad, when i paid the 1st visit ( w decorated ballroom for WD) , my FH and i edi like it very much....so last week we discussed with the person incharge, she look very xtion for our 1st impression !

For those who concern, their package edi increase to from RM818++ (previously RM 768++)

*u hav to pay booking fee and also 80% of ur package b4 a week ( if not mistaken) of ur dinner! May i know is this a new term apply for all hotel??

hi Maro,

forgot to add in my comment for ur last question.

I also had the same T&C last year. Downpayment and 80% 1mth to the date. Can use credit card.

I think i've check other hotels in KL and they do ask for similar payments.

Yeeha,

How about Main ball room ?

Or else, try the pool side ? :)

Perhaps you may also try the chinese restaurant at the Golf Club. It's quite a nice ambience also. When you go for food tasting for Saujana, they will ask to go to that chinese restaurant.

p/s i've check with the restaurant manager, they say normally hotel ballroom is the choice. restaurant is to serve the walk in guest. but since now all full, give it a try. :)

Unfortunately, when i called them on Monday morning, they told me my AD 17.11.07 has been taken for both Senja and Zamrud. :huh:

for those who may interested to hav WD at Saujana......here are some Saujana Ballroom pic which i took last Sat.... :unsure:

This is not included due to the next day hav function, so, tat nite WD very lucky! The person incharge said if u wan u can pay RM5k for it!

Door Gift

VIP table

pictures of senja restuarant. can use for wedding dinner but serves only Italian food. I suspect max 120pax.

f_interiorofsm_335ee7d.jpg

f_patioofsenjm_eba0f86.jpg

f_patioofsenjm_f52f6a6.jpg

I checked out Saujana's chinese restaurant this friday. it's nice until you look up the ceiling. Concrete beams... not even painted.

I was considering the ballroom.... but from the pictures, the deco looks a bit too simple, specially for the VIP table.. What do you all think?

I also think the deco is too simple. Actually, we will hire a decorator if we decide to use saujana. But from the package price (max 1035++), I think it is more of less what to expect.