bunniecarrot

The Saujana Hotel, Subang

I also think the deco is too simple. Actually, we will hire a decorator if we decide to use saujana. But from the package price (max 1035++), I think it is more of less what to expect.

i was there yesterday. everything is nice about the chinese restaurant until we see the beam. saujana ballroom is ok but i still like zamrud room the best as it overlooks the lake but am quite afraid that my guest will mistakenly go to the saujana ballroom since they will have to pass it before coming to zamrud

zelda,

I think you can try to negotiate for better decos if can, coz i've seen better and more elaborate decos at a lower rate package compared to the saujana.. at least if you get it, you don't really have to hire an external decorater and can save $$$..

hehe.. zelda.. u can always try to say you've got a few friends who are also considering The Saujana but also commented the deco provided are too simple compared to other hotels.. So am waiting for your wedding to see how the decos are on that day.. So hopefully they can give you better decos..

haih, anything less than 20 tables anywhere you'll be resorted to not having the usual deco package la, and this is the case for like 90% of the hotels. :(

Hi cathlsy,

i think there shouldn't be any worry on this. They will have signage for you at the lobby.

Or else add in additional map in the invitation card. That's what I did.

I also think the deco is too simple. Actually, we will hire a decorator if we decide to use saujana. But from the package price (max 1035++), I think it is more of less what to expect.

i was there yesterday. everything is nice about the chinese restaurant until we see the beam. saujana ballroom is ok but i still like zamrud room the best as it overlooks the lake but am quite afraid that my guest will mistakenly go to the saujana ballroom since they will have to pass it before coming to zamrud

bunniecarrot, i've finally decided to hold my wedding banquet at saujana (zamrud room). mind sharing your PS outdoor photos taken at saujana and your wedding banquet photos at zamrud room. my email address is cathlsy@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Hi Catsly,

I am also getting Saujana to do my wedding ceremony and dinner. Booked already so cannot back out! I did not have much time to scout around.. hope it turns out well! When is your wedding? Have you looked at the deco they are providing? I was wondering if should hire a decorator??

Hi Catsly,

I am also getting Saujana to do my wedding ceremony and dinner. Booked already so cannot back out! I did not have much time to scout around.. hope it turns out well! When is your wedding? Have you looked at the deco they are providing? I was wondering if should hire a decorator??

Hi Chui. I'm only holding my wedding banquet there - zamrud for the dinner (girl side) is on 02/12 and saujana ballroom for dinner (boy side) is on 09/12. Yeah, I was there to take a peek on one of their wedding event a few weeks back. Their deco. is quite basic - they provide ice scuplture of a pair of swan, personalise backdrop, red carpets, flowers stands on the aisle, arch at the entrance (fake flowers) and gold colour ribbon chair tie-back. Each table will be decorated with flowers as the centrepiece. If you want anything more than what they have provide you can either get the hotel to do it with a fee or engage an external decorator. Check with Jacque when they will be having wedding there next and should you go there to have a look for yourself - it's a vast difference when it is dressed up as compared to when you see the place without anything in it. When is your wedding?

Thanks for the quick reply Cat!

Mine will be on June 16th 07. I am not in Malaysia... therefore I can't go to peek... if not I would've!! Already met with Jacque and am just a bit apprehensive that the place will look drap... like old... (cos it looks old) the Saujana Ballroom... and I thought it looked dark also!! ( poor lighting? ) ... well don't know!!

Thanks for the quick reply Cat!

Mine will be on June 16th 07. I am not in Malaysia... therefore I can't go to peek... if not I would've!! Already met with Jacque and am just a bit apprehensive that the place will look drap... like old... (cos it looks old) the Saujana Ballroom... and I thought it looked dark also!! ( poor lighting? ) ... well don't know!!

Hi, Chui. Don't worry too much - it is not as bad as you think it is - otherwise I wouldnt have confirm to have both banquet there. i have taken some pictures there when i visits - pm me if you wish to view it ok

pictures would be great! can you send to my email or here or whatever is easiest for you?

my email is : chuileen@rocketmail.com

Thanks a big bundle!!

Hi all,

I'm interested to hav emy wedding ceremony and dinner at Saujana as well.. Thank you all for contributed the photos.. The place looks pretty good.. but it is a quite far right??? i mean, far from PJ.

Hi all,

I'm interested to hav emy wedding ceremony and dinner at Saujana as well.. Thank you all for contributed the photos.. The place looks pretty good.. but it is a quite far right??? i mean, far from PJ.

Anny, it is not far from PJ actually. Saujana is located near to Subang Airport.

Response from Saujana to me has been slow for the past two or three months. :( Just wondering if you girls have the same problem or if my case is just an isolated incident.

Response from Saujana to me has been slow for the past two or three months. :( Just wondering if you girls have the same problem or if my case is just an isolated incident.

Zelda, mind sharing what kind of response from Saujana that you are referring to?

like coming with my questions on things that we can change in the package, get updated contract version so that we can sign. I banked in deposit to them about a month ago, expecting they will come back to me if they have receive it or not but senyam saja. They haven't given me a receipt for deposit. I have to email them to ask for it.

I was thinking maybe because my wedding is middle next year so they felt that they are in no hurry to reply. I must say, it was not always like this. They are always very courteous and helpful (still is :P). Just rather slow these days. Maybe also June/July peak wedding month so they are overloaded?

Hey all,

Just to share my idea on Saujana KL.

I had my wedding dinner at ZAMRUD ROOM and it caters min18tables and max 23 tables inclusive of reserve 1 table.

I like the ambience at Saujana as it is relax and comfortable. If i can have the chance to hold a buffet style wedding dinner, I would call it to be by the pool side, which is also very near to the lake side. Anyway, mine turn out to be table served dinner. :)

I especially like the guest receiving (reception) area, where for ZAMRUD room, it is held at the garden sitting area. Tables and chairs are already there, so need not worry guests have no where to sit if the dinner is delayed. Moreover, it is just next to the lake. Cool breeze from the lake will certainly make the whole evening romantic! They also put up candles on the lake fence (wooden), very nice!

As compared to the Main Ballroom, their reception area is the covered hall. Tables and chairs are available too, but it depends if you like it open air or covered.

Zamrud room walking aisle for bridal march is short. so, have to walk slowly. :)

Comes to the food at Saujana, I will rate is 8/10 as this is hotel, so can't really expect it to be same as those chinese restaurant. For my case, the wine and liquor is free per number of confirmed table. Wine is 2 per able and liquor is 6bottles free. Of course, this comes after negotiation with the Hotel.

The bridal suite provided is good. It has it's own bedroom, a family hall, dining area and kitchen. It can be connected to the room next to it. I had my chutmun from the Hotel bridal suite and it really was good as it could accomodate so many people. In the evening, they provide 1/2day use room for changing and rest. The room provided is near to the Dinner room.

Karutong, I wonder if you have signed up, but personally I like The Saujana for my wedding dinner and chutmun.

p/s My hubby went to the Prince Hotel before for wedding dinner. Not sure there are how many ballrooms but the one he went is a narrow long room. It has 2 rows of tables from end to end and splitted by the walking aisle. My hubby said, too long, can't hear and see what the front stage is doing.

Hi Bunniecarrot,

I'm also more or less decided to take Zamrud Room for my wedding next year. Very excited when i heard the good comments from you and the rest of the brides.. do you have any photo to share with me on the settings of the room and also the patio? Is the lake opposite the patio? Did you mentioned that the guest receiving area is held at the garden sitting (patio i supposed?) Will they decorate it? Coz i can see some coconut trees and green plants i think. I haven't been there yet so very curious..Probably will go and see tomorrow. If you have the photo, would be glad if you can email those photo to lf_denise@hotmail.com.

Many many thanks in advance!

like coming with my questions on things that we can change in the package, get updated contract version so that we can sign. I banked in deposit to them about a month ago, expecting they will come back to me if they have receive it or not but senyam saja. They haven't given me a receipt for deposit. I have to email them to ask for it.

I was thinking maybe because my wedding is middle next year so they fell that they are in hurry to reply. I must say, it was not always like this. They are always very courteous and helpful (still is :P ). Just rather slow these days. Maybe also June/July peak wedding month so they are overloaded?

oic, zelda. yeah, maybe they were overbooked for the past 2 - 3 months coz it's the peak wedding season. instead of email, have you tried calling the manager, Jacque on her mobile. if she doesnt answer, probably it's good that you drop her an sms. when i booked the venue from them last march, it was hard for me to get to speak to her so i sms her and she actually called me back. i suppose you were out of town / country that's why you had to bank-in the money but as for my case, i get my receipts and contract immediately as i make payment at Saujana itself and Jacque sat down with me & FH going through item by item stated in the contract.

i guess it is probably just peak month then. I will give them some time.

bunniecarrot, the patio and zamrud room is build partiall on the lake.

Hi all,

Last week i did give my opinion on the zamrud room. And i remember clearly that the post is in already. However, since yesterday when i try to find whether there's any feedback my post, i was shocked to see that my post is not there. Wonder if it has been deleted?? :D

Hi All,

Visited Saujana last Saturday and saw Jacque in actiion. There were 2 wedding on that day if i'm not wrong and i guess another great point about Saujana is that if u book the main hall and someone else is having another wedding at Zamrud room, u wont have to worry that the guests would be confused etc as it's practicall quite apart and your guests wont be seeing 2 wedding halls together and you wont feel awkward about having your wedding dinner on the same day with someone else's at the same place.

I saw how they arranged the settings and everything for wedding ceremony by the pool.. It was great.

And to see Jacque personally in action... that gave me a great sense of relief.. She was really good and detailed. Anyway, i'll only be able to meet her next Saturday as her schedule is pretty pack before that. I've booked the place though..

Any of you ladies who are interested, do checkout the place. ;)