juanil

Live Bands/Entertainment for Wedding in Kuching

Hi ladies,

Any recommendations for the live bands/entertainment in Kuching?

Thanks in advance. :blush:

Ling,

Thanks heaps! :wub:

Remember the band I told you before at my FH's cousin wedding? They sing only oldies one? They charged RM1600 (after discount). That's why I wanna survey the market price in town. :happy:

juanil,

no problem :)

I think this group quite accommodative ah! because we ask them to play jazz and christmas music.

This afternoon I think one of them from the band will be in the meeting, let's me get some information from them if I remember.

Ling,

Thanks heaps! :wub:

Remember the band I told you before at my FH's cousin wedding? They sing only oldies one? They charged RM1600 (after discount). That's why I wanna survey the market price in town. :happy:

THE PROS AND CONS OF A LIVE-BAND AT WEDDING

If a wedding ceremony is held in an open space, a live-band does add "live" to the occasion. But if a wedding is held in an enclosed place like a restaurant, a live-band could irritate some guests if the renditions are delivered too loudly. That's why some people also don't like karaoke's at wedding dinners for the same reason. The complain is that, wedding dinners are one of those rare occasions when old friends and relatives could meet at the same table and it is during such time that they would have a lot to chit-chat about, and thus wouldn't like musical performances to be drowning out their conversation.

Anyway, there are also people who think that having live-band performances on such occasions would make the atmosphere more merry and exciting.

My sincere advice to any live-band group is that, if you perform in an enclosed place, keep your sound volume to a more guest-friendly level.

Quite a number of times, I've personally come across over zealous live-bands executing their performances like they're the center of attraction for the night. They forget that guests are there not to attend a rock concert, but a wedding dinner.

Apekjolly,

I agree with you, thus I don't have karaoke in my wedding, live band? mmm .. yes, but is going to perform by my nieces and nephew. I will get Les Paul people to set up the system for us, including the system for live chinese orchestra band, ahhh .. I haven't look into the chinese orchestra band.

juanil,

this afternoon I didn't manage to talk to the person from De Sounds Exprez, maybe I will get his contact from my colleague, you can contact them directly.

Ling,

Sure, thanks a lot! :wink:

Apekjolly,

I agree with you too, and I won't be having karaoke for my wedding as well. Really don't like those simply singing on stage. Can't stand it. But for live band, maybe yes. Still in the process of consideration. FH told me yesterday, if no live band also good, not that noisy. If we really finalize to have a live band, we'll require them to lower down the noise and strictly no request for singing on the stage! :wink:

juanil.

Talking about karaoke, have you ever felt like wanting to throw the crooner out of the window?

What happened is that some of these karaoker singers just don't seem to know how terrible it is the noise that they produce, and yet you see the same joker repeatedly appears on stage to sing. When the audience squeal. shout, and boo, the joker thought that the crowd is thrilled and that encourages him or her to be even more excited to want to "entertain their "fans". Guests have been known to leave dinners early because they cannot stand the torture of listening to voices which raise goose pimples.

What I feel is that if singing is not your stuff, leave it to those who can at least belt out some decent sound.

Apekjolly,

If I have the chance I will ask that person to stop show his 'talent'.

Maybe to them is, ai ya .. just for fun, why so serious? he can't sing but at least he 'entertain' us! ahhh o.O

Anyway, I met this situation couple of time .. :dash2: can't really sing and yet his buddies keep on sending request to ask him to sing :wacko: at that moment, I really want to shout 'hey don't sing, you singing is :sauer2: aiks, but I tahan! :girl_devil:

Apekjolly,

Yeah, felt like wanna throw some rotten eggs on them! :girl_devil: Really cannot stand the noise pollution! Some more the adults even send their kids who cannot sing and have very sharp tune to go onto the stage to "perform"! Really make my ears ache!! Walao eh!!! Agree with you why some people tend to leave earlier. Especially those elders lor, really speechless for the so called "performance"! :dash2:

juanil,

few mths ago, I attended my fren's wedding at thian court, waliu! live band, ok .. no problem but the volume was too loud! we were sitting quite the end (near the entrace, thank goodness) and my brother & SIL were in front (they are invited by the bride, and we are invited by the groom).

We left the dinner before the last dish! haahha .. 7 of us cannot stand the noise and end up we left the hall and find somewhere to continue our chat :D haahhaha .. but we didn't tell our fren why we left early :p in fact we just leave without informing him .. so bad la us :P

Then then next day I asked my brother, you two can stay till the last ah? we cabut lo! hahahah .. my brother also complaint the volume too loud.

juanil,

Finally the annual dinner is over!

Our annual dinner held at Crown Plaza, the D Sounds Exprez band not bad, they are playing jazz + christmas musics and songs, kinda nice plus the volume just nice, not too loud, not too soft :) we should thanks to the sounds control people at the back. They did a great sounds check in the afternoon.

They charged us RM1500, if you are interested do let me know, I will get their phone contact from my colleague :)

Ling,

Seriously?! :ohmy: Then me & FH should reconsider again regarding the bands thingy. But frankly, do you think whether it is too boring if we do not have any entertainment like bands at all? Would like to have your opinion. :smile:

Thank you so much dear for asking the price for me!! :wub: Really appreciate it. Nice ar their performance? But I trust your taste 1... :wink:

juanil,

Their performance is nice, at least not very loud and musics/songs chosen (by us) are all nice for the night, at least not the heavy metal music :P

For live band, sounds checking are important, with a good team you don't have to worry about that. So tat night was a good night with good music, phewww .. not very loud but is good enuf to my ears. HB says it is a good annual dinner with good music surrounded. :) ahh .. at least the $ is worth spending, colleagues also said it is a good annual dinner, with professional band, singer and MC :)

If you want their contact, please inform me, I will need to get it from my colleague.

Sure :) no problem, maybe at the mean time I will get from my colleague first, since I need to see him for other stuff too :)

Ling,

Thank you so much! Will PM you once we finalize, ya? :wink:

Sure :) no problem, maybe at the mean time I will get from my colleague first, since I need to see him for other stuff too :)

Ling,

Thank you so much! Will PM you once we finalize, ya? :wink:

Hi girls.. I'm new here, I hope my questions din come too late :lol: may i know the contact for that band? ACtually my wedding date has not been confirmed yet, but it might be somewhere around early next year (maybe before CNY).. Do u girls have any contact for piano rental + pianist for wedding dinner? Thankss :lol:

hi adydion,

welcome to MB =)

Pianist for wedding dinner, how much is your budget? if you are using hotel, some hotel does have piano. I know Crown has a piano.

Thanks BG :lol:

Do u thk it'll be very boring to play piano (or maybe with violin) the whole night? Hrm.. actually I dont have a fixed budget for this.. maybe around 1.5k to 2k.. but I'm planning with tight budget :biggrin: I havent decide on the venue yet.. which hotels provide piano?

hi aydione,

Last year end we had our annual dinner at riverside and I saw they have a grand piano behind the stage.

RM1.5k to RM2k can get a good live band, but how about the sound system? good live band without good sound system is a waste. To share with you, just for banquet's hall I may need to spend RM1.5k for sound system and some live band equipments (such as drum set, keyboard, mixer, etc) as my nieces and nephew are going to perform on that night.

Actually piano + violin is good, more classic. In one of my friends' wedding, the husband hired an orchestra to perform at Riverside - Sarawak chamber hall. I enjoy that a lot because is not the typical chinese wedding equipped with karaoke =D

hi aydione,

Last year end we had our annual dinner at riverside and I saw they have a grand piano behind the stage.

RM1.5k to RM2k can get a good live band, but how about the sound system? good live band without good sound system is a waste. To share with you, just for banquet's hall I may need to spend RM1.5k for sound system and some live band equipments (such as drum set, keyboard, mixer, etc) as my nieces and nephew are going to perform on that night.

Actually piano + violin is good, more classic. In one of my friends' wedding, the husband hired an orchestra to perform at Riverside - Sarawak chamber hall. I enjoy that a lot because is not the typical chinese wedding equipped with karaoke =D

wow, riverside has grand piano? must be very nice.. but it's too pricey for me on that venue thou.. :sad:

urs sound cool!! ur nieces and nephew are all musical talented!! how was ur night?? i plan to have piano + violin (no drum, etc oh.. scare too loud..).. but i'm totally clueless on where to find piano rental + pianist + violinst, etc in kch.. :lol: any recommendation?

i don plan to have karaoke.. some of my frens/relatives r coming back from outside kch.. so i thk this is the time we all gather also.. so i thk it would be nice for them to have nice background music while catching up with each other over the table :lol:

aydione,

*nod nod* riverside has a grand piano .. ahh I think is a baby grand piano =P

Are my nieces and nephew musical talented? ahh .. one of my nieces - yes! she just graduated from Aus from her music degree and the other two nieces are just interested in music. Basically each of them can play 2 instrument and above.

What I will do for the night is, get les paul to set up the system then rent the piano keyboard from les paul. I wish to get the piano to Banquet but it is not possible to do, so we turn to keyboard since my niece says it can be done.

My niece is a pianist and violist (the one who graduated from Aus) =P so on my night she will in charge of these two instrument and beside she also can play base guitar kakakakakaka =D

You can try to check with IMH (where my niece is working with now) I'm not sure how much they will charge, but the sound system wasn't as good as les paul.

I willl say Karaoke is a bit old fashion but even live band also have to be careful. Last year attended a friend's wedding at Tian Court, OMG! so loud and it becomes a mini concert for that few singers @.@