Anyone mind to enlighten me on this ? Re-registering marriage can b done in our local JPN , i was told. But about the Spouse Visa , it can only b done in the immigration department. Anyone has any idea what are the procedures ? :wacko:

I'm not sure if my info will be of similar to your application for your wife. Here's the website we looked into for my husband's (australian) spousal visa: http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/perkhidmatan/im_...seProgramme.asp

He applied for 'Spousal Temporary Working Visa' as was told by the officers, meaning he's allowed to work and apply so as long he's employed. He used to be under working permit visa by his prev employer, but resigned late last year.

There was alot of paperwork to this, and it was another frustrating episode. We took about 1 month, back and forth, to complete the application. Anyway it was finally approved about 2 weeks. His visa is valid for a year, which costs him about RM250. Not sure about renewal/ extension rates though.

I'm not sure if my info will be of similar to your application for your wife. Here's the website we looked into for my husband's (australian) spousal visa: http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/perkhidmatan/im_...seProgramme.asp

He applied for 'Spousal Temporary Working Visa' as was told by the officers, meaning he's allowed to work and apply so as long he's employed. He used to be under working permit visa by his prev employer, but resigned late last year.

There was alot of paperwork to this, and it was another frustrating episode. We took about 1 month, back and forth, to complete the application. Anyway it was finally approved about 2 weeks. His visa is valid for a year, which costs him about RM250. Not sure about renewal/ extension rates though.

Yeah , i've been to that site . But its about working Spouses that has supported company documents. My FW is not working so i cant find anything bout that on our IMI official site.

I see.

Sorry not able to help on your situation. Have you tried calling the immi dept for more info?

No worries. I tried calling several times . But no one picks up . I'm gonna try again on Monday. Cheers :)

I see.

Sorry not able to help on your situation. Have you tried calling the immi dept for more info?

No worries. I tried calling several times . But no one picks up . I'm gonna try again on Monday. Cheers :)

Hi Kenshins,

Its better u go down 2 putrajaya immigration department to get the form. By calling them might frustrate u further because information might be defer frm one officer to ther other.

Good luck.

I see.

Hi Kenshins,

Its better u go down 2 putrajaya immigration department to get the form. By calling them might frustrate u further because information might be defer frm one officer to ther other.

Good luck.

Yeah gotten everything done already !! :lol: 5-6 times from Penang to Putrajaya and at last , completed !! Gotten a month special visa extension pending 6months visa extension . But have to pay RM1500.00 for security bond & RM860.00 for the 6months visa extension if approved. So a piece of advice , DONT look for foreign spouses :lol::lol:

Actually, to be exact, don't reside in Malaysia with your foreign spouse. :smile:

Haha...Agreed :D

Dunno if you'll face the same thing but a friend of mine had some problems with his spousal visa, so he ended up renewing every three to six months. By the time he get his visa, he'd have to renew it again. Once, he couldn't so he had to go to Singapore and then masuk balik Malaysia. He's Canadian and his wife is Malay. Until today, he's still on spousal visa - this time, one year. That two year spousal visa he told me is absolute bullshit. He asked JPN and Wisma Putra and they told him that it's on a case-by-case basis. Mind you, his son is more than 6 years old, if I can still remember correctly and he still can't get PR. =.=

That's why when I first ROMed and discussed with HB about staying in M'sia for good, he told us to consider our decision really well because of 1) the cost, and 2) the hassle. Geh.

Dunno if you'll face the same thing but a friend of mine had some problems with his spousal visa, so he ended up renewing every three to six months. By the time he get his visa, he'd have to renew it again. Once, he couldn't so he had to go to Singapore and then masuk balik Malaysia. He's Canadian and his wife is Malay. Until today, he's still on spousal visa - this time, one year. That two year spousal visa he told me is absolute bullshit. He asked JPN and Wisma Putra and they told him that it's on a case-by-case basis. Mind you, his son is more than 6 years old, if I can still remember correctly and he still can't get PR. =.=

That's why when I first ROMed and discussed with HB about staying in M'sia for good, he told us to consider our decision really well because of 1) the cost, and 2) the hassle. Geh.

Fingers crossed. Hopefully i'll get the 6 months extension. Then get a longer one later . So i won't need to head to KL every now and then . Anyways , mayb after the six months extension , i would like to apply for the spouse working visa. Anyone know how much that type of visa cost for 6 months/yearly ?

YAYY...Forgot to post ... i had actually gotten my 6 months spouse visa . Though the process is hell but its all worth it . Cheers to everyone !! :D

Apply visa cost so much? Now is my turn to do it.... :dash2: for my HB

so now they dont have any spouse visa right ? I called a agent he said apply 'Marriage Visa' , shock Rm2.5k :girl_devil:

i read on the website, Social Pass (jangka panjang), any advise ?

Any latest news regarding visa application procedure, changes ?

so now they dont have any spouse visa right ? I called a agent he said apply 'Marriage Visa' , shock Rm2.5k :girl_devil:

Well they'll provide you the visa once you pay your security bond fees . For me It's 1.5k . The amount differs depends on ur hb's nationality .. And at 1st they'll give u a 1 month temp visa...After everything is good , they'll give u a six months one ... which is around 400. Hope that helped :)

Well they'll provide you the visa once you pay your security bond fees . For me It's 1.5k . The amount differs depends on ur hb's nationality .. And at 1st they'll give u a 1 month temp visa...After everything is good , they'll give u a six months one ... which is around 400. Hope that helped :)

heerrr.....really cost alot...i was in putrajaya yesterday, but cant do it...cos over there only can apply for china , negeria ppl...asking us to go shah alam..get a checklist, a stack of paper ( i shock for it) ..

also wana to ask, since my bro want to get marry as well.. he n FW holding a selangor add.. cannot go putrajaya for it ?

heerrr.....really cost alot...i was in putrajaya yesterday, but cant do it...cos over there only can apply for china , negeria ppl...asking us to go shah alam..get a checklist, a stack of paper ( i shock for it) ..

also wana to ask, since my bro want to get marry as well.. he n FW holding a selangor add.. cannot go putrajaya for it ?

That i'm not quite sure . And yeah , its always a hassle dealing with those ppl in Putrajaya. Me myself went 3-4 times before getting everything in order . So well , gd lck ! :) Ask if u need any other help . I'll try my best to help :)

thanks

That i'm not quite sure . And yeah , its always a hassle dealing with those ppl in Putrajaya. Me myself went 3-4 times before getting everything in order . So well , gd lck ! :) Ask if u need any other help . I'll try my best to help :)

Thanks kenshins,

i will going shah alam again coming thursday, pray pray 1 time finish..

I also spoken with my HB... is that really a good place for staying in mal for good, good for our future, our next generation..etc...

as we know or assume or predict inside our heart what might happen, n we will get in return

thanks

Thanks kenshins,

i will going shah alam again coming thursday, pray pray 1 time finish..

Good luck :)

Just something to share :

Early thursday morning 730am, we drove there but stil cought in traffic.. sign

We arrived there nearly 830am, get all documents ready and sumpah

(i gave my application form to 1 of the pakcik outside the office to fill in the form few days ago when i there to requst the checklist -- of cos have to pay to him for fill up all form, still alright, since he will ask you to provide all documentation so it was hassle free for us. I' m sure if v do it by ourself will missing this n that end up go there again n again.. so v willing to pay him to get this form done)

Thanks god, we still the earliest couple , get the no 1 ticket to the counter. no need to wait n wait :)

Visa submitted, officer said most properly take a month to know the approval.. and said can call to ask to know the status before go there.

I was asking a silly question in front of the officer regarding the security bond, RM2000 for my HB, RM90 for visa - i asked it those money paying for secure to the gov to buy him a airticket when he not able to survive in this country....everyone were laughing :)

Anyway, is really costly to do this...n praying the things get it done without problem..

Just something to share :

Early thursday morning 730am, we drove there but stil cought in traffic.. sign

We arrived there nearly 830am, get all documents ready and sumpah

(i gave my application form to 1 of the pakcik outside the office to fill in the form few days ago when i there to requst the checklist -- of cos have to pay to him for fill up all form, still alright, since he will ask you to provide all documentation so it was hassle free for us. I' m sure if v do it by ourself will missing this n that end up go there again n again.. so v willing to pay him to get this form done)

Thanks god, we still the earliest couple , get the no 1 ticket to the counter. no need to wait n wait :)

Visa submitted, officer said most properly take a month to know the approval.. and said can call to ask to know the status before go there.

I was asking a silly question in front of the officer regarding the security bond, RM2000 for my HB, RM90 for visa - i asked it those money paying for secure to the gov to buy him a airticket when he not able to survive in this country....everyone were laughing :)

Anyway, is really costly to do this...n praying the things get it done without problem..

Great ! I'm glad to hear u went thru this without much hassle. Unlike me . Haha... Anyway , gd lck again in ur upcoming visit n also ur application . Cheers :)