Sign in to follow this  
evelynholic

Looking for Loose Rose Petals

Hey girls,

Do you know where can I get loose rose petals for sale? I know there's one at Petaling Street but they dont sort out the colors and I'm only looking for champagne and pink petals... I dont have time to sort them out myself... if you girls have any idea where to fidn them please share.. PLS.... *freaking out.. wedding is only 20 days away*

Millions of thanks!!

Hi evelynholic,

You could check out other florist besides those in Petaling Street if they can't sort out the colors for you. Worst come worst, you buy bulk flower of your color, then peel yourself. This is the last resort if you still can't get the color you want lor.

Luckily my Ipoh florist can provide me maroon and pink separately. If not, I will do the "last resort" thingy too :lol:

Personally, I would buy bulk roses from the wet markets (there are plenty around SS2 and PJ State/Old Town) and take the petals from there. Florists have a habit of overchanging for roses...it's not worth paying them especially considering that you just want the petals.

Which florist did you go to at Petaling Street? There is ONE huge seller which deals in fresh flowers in bulk and bouquet - I even took pictures in front of it for my engagement shot and they sort out their flowers according to size.

i also looking for mine and checked a few shops they cannot promise to me also. The best is buy the bulk flower of your color, then peel yourself. I checked the two seller 1 bulk is cost about RM25. Checked last Saturday and Sunday.

I ordered my flower petals from a florist from TTDI. But mixture in colours, as its really hard to get oni 1 or 2 selected colours.. I find it to be nice too in mixture colours

they sell RM10 for almost 1 kilo of the petals in 1 big bag which I think its really worth it looking at the quantity

Here is the contact

www.klasicflorist.com

PIC-Cik Liza

Tel:03-7727 8866

The shop is opposite VADS building.. next to Cake Sense

PccIvy: That's the problem... I scared I dont have enough time to peel them and furthermore I don't want to give this job to my "chi muis" to do... kesian them later. :P So nice of your florist to sort them out for you. Which part of Ipoh ure from btw? Me also fr Ipoh dulu-dulu.. :P

meiteoh: I got the info from my "chimui" actually, she helped me look around and is currently looking around too... I think if worst come to worst, I do it the night before my wedding and ask my family members help me peel them off from their stalks! :P Good idea eh?

leeleeboo: Which florist you went?

blurcheryl: Thanks for the info, I will go check them out soon!

eve, i think most florists sell loose petals...and i dont think they are very costly...maybe you should call a few florists before deciding to do it yourself...less added stress before the wedding will do you a lot of good... :wink:

I've asked around, the florist can't guarantee that I'm going to get the colour I want..also it's not cheap though...RM1 for one handful..

So I make the petals myself...with the help of my bf. Though it's not exactly the same, I'm satisfied with the result. You can view the photos here:

www.aidanheartamy.wordpress.com

PccIvy: That's the problem... I scared I dont have enough time to peel them and furthermore I don't want to give this job to my "chi muis" to do... kesian them later. :P So nice of your florist to sort them out for you. Which part of Ipoh ure from btw? Me also fr Ipoh dulu-dulu.. :P

Hi Evelyn,

I am actually from Seremban, htb from Tasek, Ipoh. So, wedding dinner in Ipoh and small reception for friends at KL. You could actually peel the flowers a day before the wedding, and store it in air-cond room. From what I see before, you actually dun need to peel the petal one-by-one... can pening man :wacko3: . You just need to hold the stem, near to the bottom of the bud, and pull the whole bud off. It will come out loose. Just need to shuffle the bud to make the petals come loose. That save a lot of time. How many petals are you looking for? If not many, it really can be done by your ji mui in an hour.

- Just my thought - :lol:

Smurf:

Hmmm... I'll try asking around my place first... which reminds me myself I AM STILL NOT DOING IT!!! *slaps forehead*

AmyHo:

"These petals were created out of sweat, glucose and lots of love." KAKAKAKAKA... very true eh... Nice pics you have there, I like wat you did with your receptionist table placement.. very creative!

PccIvy:

Oh I see... :P Ya I think I would be doing that lah... I'm to sprinkle 50 of my tables with the petals... and left over some for my flower girl... How many stalks of roses do you reckon?

PccIvy:

Oh I see... :P Ya I think I would be doing that lah... I'm to sprinkle 50 of my tables with the petals... and left over some for my flower girl... How many stalks of roses do you reckon?

Evelyn,

It all depends on how much petals you wanna put per table and the types of roses you are going to get (some with small petals, big petals). So, once you have confirm no of stalks per table, then multiply by 50 tables. You should get your final total stalks.