#1 wongcl

wongcl

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:30 AM

Hi again,

Can anybody please share contact of good carpenter in Penang who has good workmanship with reasonable pricing?

I have just used a ID contractor who verbally said he could do a lot of things but in the end the work not completed until now( didn't follow deadline). Workmanship for the kitchen cabinets and wardrobe was very very poor(and the price was not cheap). A lot of things we told him to do but he didn't follow specs and now when we change, he charge again(although his fault).

Thank goodness we didn't let him do the whole house as I have yet to do the second and third bedrooms.

Please help.

Thank you.

P.S. Word of advice, let your ID do one section first before proceeding with others. That way can gauge his/her work.

#2 kaybee

kaybee

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (wongcl @ Dec 17 2008, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi again,

Can anybody please share contact of good carpenter in Penang who has good workmanship with reasonable pricing?

I have just used a ID contractor who verbally said he could do a lot of things but in the end the work not completed until now( didn't follow deadline). Workmanship for the kitchen cabinets and wardrobe was very very poor(and the price was not cheap). A lot of things we told him to do but he didn't follow specs and now when we change, he charge again(although his fault).

Thank goodness we didn't let him do the whole house as I have yet to do the second and third bedrooms.

Please help.

Thank you.

P.S. Word of advice, let your ID do one section first before proceeding with others. That way can gauge his/her work.

Can we have names for your ID and carpenter so that we all can avoid. Thanks.

#3 wongcl

wongcl

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:21 PM

Hi Kaybee,

Please bear in mind this is solely my personal view. Although he has done a bad job, it does not mean that he has cheated me. Since I don't want to break people's rice bowl, I can only say that his name is Ah Keong and he operates from Sungai Puyu, Butterworth. So, if you do come across this kind of name, it should send out warning bells.

Anyway, he is still young and I do hope he learns from his mistakes and keeps improving if he wants to stay in this line.

#4 Ray Lee

Ray Lee

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

Hi again,

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi Wong,

Just to share with you my carpenter, well he did a great job and so far I'm pretty happy with his workmanship. On the price for me I think it is pretty reasonable, I had 2 different carpenter doing my house furniture both oso very good but one a bit pricy lo dash2.gif . Just shareing.:)

#5 summer_snow

summer_snow

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Ray Lee @ Dec 17 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi again,

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi Wong,

Just to share with you my carpenter, well he did a great job and so far I'm pretty happy with his workmanship. On the price for me I think it is pretty reasonable, I had 2 different carpenter doing my house furniture both oso very good but one a bit pricy lo dash2.gif . Just shareing.:)

hi...mind to share your carpenter's hp number? how much has you spend on your renovation?

#6 Ray Lee

Ray Lee

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (summer_snow @ Jan 1 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Ray Lee @ Dec 17 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi again,

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi Wong,

hi...mind to share your carpenter's hp number? how much has you spend on your renovation?

may I have ur email, my is raylyp604@yahoo.com

#7 breadbutter

breadbutter

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

Hi

i'm new here. been looking for carpentar to complete my kitchen cabinet.

has anyone heard of siew decor (they are along the chain ferry road, butterworth)

seen their website and their kit cabinets looks ok.

appreciate some feedback

thanks! smile.gif

#8 weilin

weilin

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hi Ray Lee,
Can i have your carpenter contact number? My email is ongweilin@hotmail.com. Thanks

#9 huaichih

huaichih

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

Hi guys,

I just done my carpenter work for Kitchen cabinets and wordrobe for my masterbedroom.
The carpenter did a nice work for my new house in Butterworth, most importantly they are willing to listen to my idea and give their experiences for my reference.
Also we manage to come out with something unconventional, this was the part I appreciete most bacause they did as per what I had in mind. Eventually, the result is awesome.
If any of you need to carpenter contact, can just drop me an email: huaichih@hotmail.com

#10 nnthn

nnthn

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hi Ray Lee, can i have your carpenter's contact number? My email is n_9588@yahoo.com.Thanks :)