Sign in to follow this  
capricorn

What Do You Do With The Gold Jewellery You Got From Your Wedding?

I don't really know. I have asked my mum whether I can sell it to raise fund for investing but she asked me to keep them.

I can't use it to buy anything so why not sell them off so can invest now.

I'm not short of fund but it is just a waste to put in the safe deposit and have to pay annual fees and some more it is not insured by the bank. :tongue:

an1cCF10g410000MTAwNjA3c3wwMDAwMTNkYXx5b

I will keep them eventhough i know i wont wear any of it. I dun like to wear gold coz it will attract unwanted attention from robbers or snatch thieves. My mum says we can use it in rainy days.

I'm just keep onto it...I don't think I'll sell it or anything of the sort.

Maybe will use as family heirloom or something. I might even wear it but I don't wear necklaces and all...not used to it. XD

i really treasure those golds although i know i wont use them. Mom & dad gave me 2 golds b4 which belongs to her previously & she'd kept those for more than 10 years dy. I really feel "ng seh tuck" to sell them. Like wat others said, save it for raining days lor :)

i will just keep them...i got a particular necklace from my mum...it was given to my grandmother by my grandfather...and from my grandmother to my mum...i will never sell it...cause its too sentimental

besides if you were to trade them in, you will lose between 20-25% in value

For me I will be like the rest as well, to keep it as a remambrance, afterall it's a gift from ur relative. Am sure that they treasure u enuff to get u the gold stuff, coz nowadays gold doesn't come cheap, since u r not in need of fund, y not just keep it for the memory, if u really want to invest, y not make extra savings for it?

But afterall it's all ur decision :)

For me.. I only keep jewelry given by my immediate family and IL. As for other smaller pieces of gold jewelry, I actually traded in for a piece of 9999 gold wafer which is solid and easy to keep while giving us better investment return. Moreover 9999 gold wafer is traded internationally.

For me.. I only keep jewelry given by my immediate family and IL. As for other smaller pieces of gold jewelry, I actually traded in for a piece of 9999 gold wafer which is solid and easy to keep while giving us better investment return. Moreover 9999 gold wafer is traded internationally.

Curious to know where you traded for gold wafer, bunnyNwife?

Nice to meet everyone here cool:

Curious to know where you traded for gold wafer, bunnyNwife?

Nice to meet everyone here cool:

Just happened that there was a regular customer of Degem traded in his gold wafer (gold price was really good that time), so I then traded in my 916 gold jewelry (those small items) for the gold wafer lor.

Actually you can buy international recognised/accepted 9999 gold wafer or gold coin from UOB bank. You may check the website for the daily buying/selling pricing. You can also sell those gold wafer/coin to the bank if you are in need of money. Pamp Gold and Kinebar are in the form of wafer while the rest are in coin form.

I am into collecting 999 gold wafer/coin as saving as it's really preserve value especially in current economy where currencies are really weak and artificial too.

BB, yup, that's what my mum does - keeps all her glitters in the safe deposit. She buys gold when it's cheap and then keeps it in the safe deposit box. She gave one set to my SIL when my bro got married and the other one is with me now. Once in a year, she'll go in and take stock... I always tease her, macam go in to fondle and count "money" jeh. :lol:

My HB received some Napoleon coins (gold coins from Napoleon's time as emperor of France) recently. He plans to sell them but in France, you can only sell gold coins like that if you can produce a certificate of sale which is tough because it was a family heirloom from his grandmother. His uncle also received some but informed me that gold coins are pretty much useless these days because it's difficult to sell/use UNLESS you're in a war. Personally, I'd prefer my HB to hang on to it. Not so much for sentimental reasons but for the fact that heirlooms appreciate over time.

Didn't get the chance... Our house broken in 6 mths after wedding. They carted away the whole safe, with everything inside including my birth certs and surat nikah!

Hubby had to buy another ring for me.

how heavy is ur safe deposit wonderwoman. I thought the safe deposit is at least 50kg. like that also can cart away :ohmy:

initially thought of getting one but dunno where to hide. So end up keeping in the bank and pay the sucker 150 annually for a tiny size box.

that's why asking what to do with those jewel.

Cannot be seen and cannot be worn. :sad:

Small house safes are pretty light and can be carted away by a few people. So it's not a guarantee. 50 kilos is nothing if you have two people or more.

Safe deposit box is another matter altogether.

I don't really know. I have asked my mum whether I can sell it to raise fund for investing but she asked me to keep them.

I can't use it to buy anything so why not sell them off so can invest now.

I'm not short of fund but it is just a waste to put in the safe deposit and have to pay annual fees and some more it is not insured by the bank. tongue.gif

an1cCF10g410000MTAwNjA3c3wwMDAwMTNkYXx5b3VyIHRleHQ.gif

Hey, I keep mine in a Private Safe Deposit Box company since 2008 at Seri Kembangan. They use to have isurance coverage up to RM80,000 per box but now I top-up to RM150,000.

how heavy is ur safe deposit wonderwoman. I thought the safe deposit is at least 50kg. like that also can cart away ohmy.gif

initially thought of getting one but dunno where to hide. So end up keeping in the bank and pay the sucker 150 annually for a tiny size box.

that's why asking what to do with those jewel.

Cannot be seen and cannot be worn. sad.gif

Is lucky that they carried away, I've heard that they injured them if they can't carry away. SCARY.