Sign in to follow this  
survivor

Refrigerator with Inverter Technology

hi, I have narrowed down the choices of the new fridge that I am going to get for my new house, please help to advice which one would be the best choice.

1. Hitachi R-SF55XM - 554L (Inverter Technology)

2. Mitsubishi Electric's Folio MR-W55N - 542L (Inverter Technology)

3. Sharp SJF75PSSL - 750L (Non-inverter Technology)

I really like the Sharp SJF75PSSL but the down side is it is not equip with inverter technology so it will consume more electricity in the long run. It is the cheapest among the three though. Please advice :lol:

hi, I have narrowed down the choices of the new fridge that I am going to get for my new house, please help to advice which one would be the best choice.

I really like the Sharp SJF75PSSL but the down side is it is not equip with inverter technology so it will consume more electricity in the long run. It is the cheapest among the three though. Please advice :lol:

Just sharing some info here ya.:P Because refrigerators operate continuously, it is highly important that power consumption is kept to a minimum. A compact and efficient motor is required in order to maximize the internal space available, and to make the device quiet enough for the home. In addition, sensor-less control is required due to the motor being inside the compressor. By implementing inverter control of the sensor-less brushless motor, all of these demands can be satified. So for non inverter there will not be the above funtions, it's just another technology fridge. I'm using the Toshiba Plasma Tech with inverter well so far so good, no comment on the electric bills. Still sustainable, compare with my old fridge I manage to save about 15% to 25% on the electricity itself. Just my 2 sen experiances. :P

hi survivor,

if u read the current rated of the above fridge, u will find that the Mitsubishi consumed the lowest current around 0.8 to 0.9. For Hitachi & Sharp their rated current will be 1.2 to 1.3.

I just bought Mitsu Folio W62U too for about RM 2650.

hi survivor,

if u read the current rated of the above fridge, u will find that the Mitsubishi consumed the lowest current around 0.8 to 0.9. For Hitachi & Sharp their rated current will be 1.2 to 1.3.

I just bought Mitsu Folio W62U too for about RM 2650.

hi, i doubt the current rating alone will tell the entire picture, as the current draw is not constant

a higher current rated unit might consume less electricity overall if it is properly sized

just stick to any reputable brand and you should be pretty safe

you can check the rating of some fridge here, although not all are available in the local market

http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/fridge.asp