Newbie here :cool:

I am planning to propose to my gf soon, during our anniversary day, everything still in planning, but not really prepare the things yet, only booked the hotel. I comes out with a checklist to do, and advice needed how to accomplish this.

Purposely to propose during anniversary day to prevent her suspicious when I bring her to the hotel and doing a series of "suspicious" thing.

The propose will take place in hotel room, to prevent any unexpected things happened, like raining, windy..So I have to do some decoration in the hotel rooms, with the help of my friends.

1. Any idea/example how to do the decoration? I was thinking to create a love shape on the bed using petal, and writing some word using candle on the floor. Any idea which words to write? "I Love You" / "Marry Me"??? Any else to do, seems too simple? My friend will help to prepare this thing while we having dinner.

2. Anywhere to buy the balloon which can fly?

3. Normally during propose, do we have to speak touching words first or directly say "Will you marry me?"

4. Will ask my friend playing some romantic song that time as well. :lol:

Thanks. More question maybe coming.

Before the dinner.. let her pamper herself by getting her spa, manicure & massage in the hotel itself. Maybe can put some rose petal in the bathtub too..with candles around the room.

It will be good if you ask if the restaurant can prepare some menu for your special day or maybe u can print a dessert menu with the word 'would you marry me?'

Before the dinner.. let her pamper herself by getting her spa, manicure & massage in the hotel itself. Maybe can put some rose petal in the bathtub too..with candles around the room.

It will be good if you ask if the restaurant can prepare some menu for your special day or maybe u can print a dessert menu with the word 'would you marry me?'

Good idea. Will consider it, but spa really out of my budget already. Personal massage no problem

Now confusing after talked to a friend, and she said at beach is more romantic. but I have no idea how is the beach condition there..even though hotel got private beach, and also worry the wind will blow off all candles.

Maybe you can fill the hotel room with a LOT of fresh flowers & candles. Soft music playing (but why do you want to ask your friend to play - will your friends be there when you propose? I feel it's more personal when it's just you & her)

Then talk about all the good times you've had together, what she means to you - then propose.

After that, maybe to celebrate the moment, can just go for a nice walk down to the hotel's private beach?

Thanks everyone. Finally I proposed to my gf and she agree to with it.

ashandrea, I asked my friends there because I want their help to decorate the room. My gf is very smart, and sure she will feel suspicious if I missing for sometimes to do the decoration. My experience, not every girl want you to propose in public or with audience, maybe they more prefer do it privately. :P

you are right, maybe I shouldn't ask my friends to be there. They have no enough time to leave the room, when the time we finished the dinner and walked back to our room. Some funny things happened when we entered the room. haha.

I feel nervous as well that time, feel like cant speak out the words I prepared. Luckily still manage to control myself and finally propose to my gf, but with very little voice, maybe due to I also wanna cry that time I speak.

Awwwww Happyloh, congrats!!! :lol:

She must be really touched & close to crying at that time!!!

Thanks.

yaya. I think so. The time I am waiting for her answer, I think should be more than 5 seconds, the words she speak at first is "very touching", then only follow by I do.