venus

good paint ?

Nippon Paint is good! We got good offer from the shop at OUG, behind OUG plaza. Color wise also not bad and no odour. We didn't specifically buy the odourless type but still not smell.

Hi Marryhim, u mentioned that u got good offer from the shop at OUG,mind to share the price and maybe the shop's name?

Interested in knowing because I might start doing reno for my house another 2 months.. Thx alot.. :D

Hi Marryhim,

Mind share the shop name wif me too? Planning to start reno as soon as got CF.

email: lhlsteve@yahoo.com

Many Thanks.

regards,

Steve

Nippon Paint is good! We got good offer from the shop at OUG, behind OUG plaza. Color wise also not bad and no odour. We didn't specifically buy the odourless type but still not smell.

hi can send to me the contacts too... juz_me_enough@hotmail.com

glossy type of paint is not easy to paint. You better ensure your painter is up to the task. (Example = pearl glo/supreme).

Also you need to ensure the wall is smooth and even else your glossy paint will reflect flaw on your wall.

Skim-coat and sand it. You cant touch up a small area with glossy paint too.

Hi Alexlow,

My house will be ready end of this year. Now start planning paint my new house.

Can you share the color stimulation cd with me?

From

Yin Fong

hi yvonnelyw2004 , u r in to paint also, haha

i'm just about to start on paint survey, need to paint my hse in 1-2wks time

jotun is famous brand, my company use jotun paint a lot for powder coating but for household i think ICI is the best but nippon seems to be quite good also. price matter.

did some research, paint distributor are at kmpg bangkali, heard the the price is good, saturday i will go and check it out.

qunh, ici catalog, you can apply online through website.

http://www.icipaints.com.my/MYDLX/Dulux.jsp

nippon i got the color stimulation cd during homedec, very useful, u guys want i can burn a copy.

Hello people,

Just wanted to get more info on paints. me and FH was going to go for Dulux Pentalite. However when my general contractor (wiring, concreting etc but he is not doing my house painting) heard what type of paint we plan to use, he said that it will not look good if painted over the existing paint (mine is a new house..but we plan to repaint the whole place). He said if we wanted to use first class paints (ICI, KCC etc), we will have to sand the wall first so the paint will "stick" to the wall. If we do not do that, it will slowly peel off as time goes by. His advise was to use third class paints (basically like what the developers used).

Is this all true? Sigh...and I am still finding painters for the house. Will be painting it in about 3-4weeks time. Headache :(

Hello people,

Just wanted to get more info on paints. me and FH was going to go for Dulux Pentalite. However when my general contractor (wiring, concreting etc but he is not doing my house painting) heard what type of paint we plan to use, he said that it will not look good if painted over the existing paint (mine is a new house..but we plan to repaint the whole place). He said if we wanted to use first class paints (ICI, KCC etc), we will have to sand the wall first so the paint will "stick" to the wall. If we do not do that, it will slowly peel off as time goes by. His advise was to use third class paints (basically like what the developers used).

Is this all true? Sigh...and I am still finding painters for the house. Will be painting it in about 3-4weeks time. Headache :(

When my sis painted her new apartment, she was recommended to use Nippon Satin Glo (i think). If your walls are not very smooth, Ici Pearl glo will 'highlight' the uneveness of your wall. Nippon will be better wor. The paint didn't smell that strong either. Anyway, her house looks nice and i plan to use Nippon for my new hse. Haven't checked the price tho.