Sign in to follow this  
Apekjolly

Induction Cooker

Has anyone around used the so-called Induction Cooker? It's a kind of stove that doesn't use flame nor electrically-heated device to cook something. I'm thinking of getting one, but I wonder how good is the guy in terms of doing what we want it to do. For those who already used it, can you share your experience?

Thank you beautifulgown for giving me the thread on induction cooker. After reading through all the comments, I can see that it is just like many other things; there are pros and cons of it. Well, it looks like that the only way for me to really find out how good it is, is to get one and use it.

Anyway, I like the fact that it produces no flame nor heat by itself which is a plus factor in terms of safety. Perhaps it is also environment-friendly in the sense that it uses less energy and doesn't pollute the air.

apekjolly,

actually HB and I also thinking to get one induction cooker but we don't know the pros and cons, I think I will just leave it to my HB to decide.

as for the extra expenses on the untensil, wonder is that necessary? mmm .. should ask those who had used it before.

yes.. u need to use steel-based utensil (test it with a magnet) as the induction is running on magnetic field. If you ever use a non-compatible utensil, the heat will never be conducted and forget about cooking.

I wont suggest to replace a gas hob with induction hob which fixed on your kitchen cabinet. Perhaps u may get whose single induction hob (Philip is selling it at RM299) and use it for boiling soup/porridge as u can put on the timer and wont over cooked. It uses less electricity that slow cooker and shorter cooking time.

If you like flame-free cooking, then u may opt for vitroceramic hob which uses light heating technology. With this, you may use any type of utensil that can be used on gas stove. I am using vitroceramic hob now and I am pretty happy with it. However, vitroceramic hob consume slightly higher electricity than induction BUT it's far less than the conventional hot plate hob.

bunnyNwife,

how much for vitroceramic hob?

wonder can I find it in Kuching?

I paid RM1999 for Teka Vitroceramic Hob (4 heads) (Model: VT CM) early 2008. Induction Hob of the same size would cost more.. I like vitroceramic hob as I can still use all my corning ware (from microware to hob), vision pots, claypots, etc.. I used to have a twin-head induction cooker, always having headache finding any existing utensil that's compatible.

Now, I will just buy the Philip single head induction cooker to replace my slow cooker.

Waaa! Sounds like beautifulgown is going to move into a new house, ya? New house, and new husband with a Jacky Chan's look again. Oooo! How very very jealous I am! I'm sooo jelaous that I feel like jumping off from a tall building right down to the bottom of a sewage tank!

I know you are in Kuching. May I know where your new house is? Wanna invite me for the house-warming? Ooops! I fear your hubby will kill me if he knows what I say to you.

Anyway, congratulations to you. This year is a really good year for you. Hope that by next year, there will be three of you in the house. It'd be nice to have a little cutie calling you "mama" when you come home from work, isn't it? So, after this September, you can release your brake and go full blast! And make sure all the screws of your bed are tightened first.

Has anyone around used the so-called Induction Cooker? It's a kind of stove that doesn't use flame nor electrically-heated device to cook something. I'm thinking of getting one, but I wonder how good is the guy in terms of doing what we want it to do. For those who already used it, can you share your experience?

Hi apekjolly cool buddy. we are bachelors living ten around.with my aunt advice we bought it.