catherine84

A Big D.I.Y. Garden Wedding?!?

Well...im reali having a big headache here :wacko3: ....1st v thot of having juz a honeymoon wedding thn changed 2 a small wedding banquet n now v r thking to hav a big garden wedding (if possible)...b4 finalising 2 reali gt dis plan going, i reali nid sum advises here...i reali nid ur help if u hav DIY ur garden wedding b4...n nt at hotels or restaurants bt at a private bungalow which u rented juz 4 dis function? N all da cost 4 da canopies, decorations n caterings? Any1 knws which catering company provides normal 7-8 courses of dinner juz like thy serve in da restaurants?? I reali nid 2 knw whether dis plan wil work or nt...n im desperate 4 help n infos in dis..im 2 blank nw :dash2: ..reali dunno whr 2 start...is it possible 2 juz rent 1-2 days of a bungalow?? Any1 tried it b4?? N i nid 2 hav a bungalow land which fits ard 40 tables!!! Wahahaha...n hw much is it usuali if i were 2 rent a bungalow 4 juz 1-2 days?? I nid 2 knw da total budget of dis big garden wedding n hav it 2 cmpare wif normal restaurant's banquet...if it's much more expensive than da normal restaurant's 1, thn i hav no choice but 2 stop dreaming of a great garden wedding... :bye: my wedding will b on 5th September 2009..n my budget is ard rm40-60 per person..i reali hope any1 of u out thr cn help me...especiali if u hav done a DIY garden wedding b4...thx in advance!!!!

Love,

Catherine

Well...im reali having a big headache here :wacko3: ....1st v thot of having juz a honeymoon wedding thn changed 2 a small wedding banquet n now v r thking to hav a big garden wedding (if possible)...b4 finalising 2 reali gt dis plan going, i reali nid sum advises here...i reali nid ur help if u hav DIY ur garden wedding b4...n nt at hotels or restaurants bt at a private bungalow which u rented juz 4 dis function? N all da cost 4 da canopies, decorations n caterings? Any1 knws which catering company provides normal 7-8 courses of dinner juz like thy serve in da restaurants?? I reali nid 2 knw whether dis plan wil work or nt...n im desperate 4 help n infos in dis..im 2 blank nw :dash2: ..reali dunno whr 2 start...is it possible 2 juz rent 1-2 days of a bungalow?? Any1 tried it b4?? N i nid 2 hav a bungalow land which fits ard 40 tables!!! Wahahaha...n hw much is it usuali if i were 2 rent a bungalow 4 juz 1-2 days?? I nid 2 knw da total budget of dis big garden wedding n hav it 2 cmpare wif normal restaurant's banquet...if it's much more expensive than da normal restaurant's 1, thn i hav no choice but 2 stop dreaming of a great garden wedding... :bye: my wedding will b on 5th September 2009..n my budget is ard rm40-60 per person..i reali hope any1 of u out thr cn help me...especiali if u hav done a DIY garden wedding b4...thx in advance!!!!

Love,

Catherine

Garden wedding is an expensive affair.... on top of the catering, you must hire a canopy or rather a marquee (just in case it rains) and if the ground is uneven, you need to consider having a platform.

Renting a marquee for 400 pax with aircond, platform, tables and chairs comes up to abt RM80k++

Decorating the marquee, tables, chairs and etc easily comes up to another RM 30k++

other wedding expenses such as planner, photographer, videographer, GDL, honeymoon, PW, MUA, gowns, favors, cakes, alcohol and etc comes up to abt RM50k++

whereas having a it in a hotel is much easier and less hassle.

they throw in deco, bridal suite, cake, favors and etc....

Professional, fully aircondition, food is not that bad.

Having it in a restaurant is more cost effective.... sometime the dinner itself can cover the ntire wedding expenditure...

Happy hunting.

The logistics involved to do a garden wedding is tremendously stressful unless you got a wedding planner to do it for you.

Then again, the costs may skyrocket as mentioned by another member here.

Perhaps look around first.

Then again, a garden wedding would really romantic. Ideas? Think Cameron Highlands, Bukit Tinggi Resort.....

i always wanted an outdoor wedding, be it a garden or seaside.

but i've dreamed long enough n i get my chance to do it...after checking around there are many things to look into.

if ur budget is 40-60 per person, i really dont think u can make it coz its more expensive then hotels

hotels/restaurants which already stays around 500++ per table for restaurant divide 10 = 50++ per person.

Cost is one thing..the other would be the weather. What if it rains? u have canopies but it'll get quite stuffy, mess and its not gonna be a pretty sight.

If u want a sit down with 7-8 dishes this is what i have been told by ppl organizing it say (a resort in PD for seaside):

if they cook it n take it to the table the distance from the kitchen to the tables might be too far , and thus not feasable.

seating, garden types in bungalow like Jarrod and rawlins, the garden wedding venue just next to it and tamrind hill are a few i know that can cater to about 200-300.

but its usually western style or buffet. The garden wedding venue (i cnat rmrb the name but its beside J & R, an orange building. near HELP insitute.)

down side to these venues is that the seating is messy meaning there are big n small tables here n there on different areas of the site. u wont have a stage like thing where everyone can see u.

or..getting an empty space and doing everythign from scratch is EXPENSIVE!!

in the end...i gave up...i decided to go with a hotel and hire a decorator to get the fairytale effect..goodluck dear

hi,

there is one garden in bangsar seafood garden restaurant in bangsar renting out for wedding use..it can cater to around 300 pax if not mistaken..the rental for the garden itself is around 3k i think. but u need to cater the restaurant food oso. u may try to check out the place la...

i had my matrimony ceremony in front of the house,i set up the canopies whr all with scallops,chandeliers,chair n tables with skirting..if u wan the contact,i can give u...i think they hv done a great job..

hi,

there is one garden in bangsar seafood garden restaurant in bangsar renting out for wedding use..it can cater to around 300 pax if not mistaken..the rental for the garden itself is around 3k i think. but u need to cater the restaurant food oso. u may try to check out the place la...

i had my matrimony ceremony in front of the house,i set up the canopies whr all with scallops,chandeliers,chair n tables with skirting..if u wan the contact,i can give u...i think they hv done a great job..

Hey dear,

Thx 4 ur opinion is dis...i hav thought bout dis place 2...but rm3k is alot...i dunno wil it fit my budget or nt...bt stil...at least it is an option, better than hav nothing...hahaha...if u dont mind, can let me knw da contacts 4 da canopies? No harm getting more options...thx ya! Gd day! =)

Cat

i always wanted an outdoor wedding, be it a garden or seaside.

but i've dreamed long enough n i get my chance to do it...after checking around there are many things to look into.

if ur budget is 40-60 per person, i really dont think u can make it coz its more expensive then hotels

hotels/restaurants which already stays around 500++ per table for restaurant divide 10 = 50++ per person.

Cost is one thing..the other would be the weather. What if it rains? u have canopies but it'll get quite stuffy, mess and its not gonna be a pretty sight.

If u want a sit down with 7-8 dishes this is what i have been told by ppl organizing it say (a resort in PD for seaside):

if they cook it n take it to the table the distance from the kitchen to the tables might be too far , and thus not feasable.

seating, garden types in bungalow like Jarrod and rawlins, the garden wedding venue just next to it and tamrind hill are a few i know that can cater to about 200-300.

but its usually western style or buffet. The garden wedding venue (i cnat rmrb the name but its beside J & R, an orange building. near HELP insitute.)

down side to these venues is that the seating is messy meaning there are big n small tables here n there on different areas of the site. u wont have a stage like thing where everyone can see u.

or..getting an empty space and doing everythign from scratch is EXPENSIVE!!

in the end...i gave up...i decided to go with a hotel and hire a decorator to get the fairytale effect..goodluck dear

Dear momo (wil u mind dat i call u dis?),

Yah..it's a great frustration whn u wana do sumting bt ct, budget oredi nt enuf n im seeking an out-of-reach garden wedding dream... :sad: But as u knw, every gal has a dream n like u, i alwaz dream of a fairytale wedding...n fairytale is closely linked wif garden...*sigh* Wat can i do nw? U cn afford hotel...n im so hapi 4 u....bt nt 4 me n my FH...dat's y i wana try my luck here n c wat cn work out da best 4 us 2 hav an affordable garden wedding...since av1 here also thot it is way too expensif 4 us...v mite juz stick wif restaurant or any affordable hotel gua...do u mind 2 share wif me ur wedding dinner pictures? I wana c hw is ur decorations 4 'Fairytale Wedding' theme. Im planning 2 put my wedding dinner on September dis yr...stil havent book any venue...slumber only...hahahaha...bt in real, i hav tonnes of work 2 do...mind 2 share ur xperience in planning ur wedding? Thx in advance. HAPPY MARRIAGE!!!!! ALL DA BEST 4 U N UR HUBBY!!! :wub:

Cat

hi,

Hey dear,

Thx 4 ur opinion is dis...i hav thought bout dis place 2...but rm3k is alot...i dunno wil it fit my budget or nt...bt stil...at least it is an option, better than hav nothing...hahaha...if u dont mind, can let me knw da contacts 4 da canopies? No harm getting more options...thx ya! Gd day! =)

Cat

the canopies not cheap either, package of RM500: one 18x18 canopy with scallop+chandalier at the middle of canopy (look quite grand cos they use the cloth to cover up the top of canopy n set up a chandelier in the middle), 40chairs n 5tables with skirting.cover nicely with cloth. another package is RM300: one 18x18 canopy with scallop, 40chairs n 5 tables without skirting, one fan in the middle of canopy..this package is just a simple one whr not so nice la...cos lack of chandelier n chair covers n table cloth..here is the contact: 012 379 5990 and look for Pn Azura.

Thx 4 da infos...will do more comparisons b4 deciding...=)

hehehe i had to discuss n budget very long with hubby to get the hotel coz he wanted restaurant cheaper.

We managed to opt for hotel coz we cut the table till 2x only. he know i wanted the fairytale thing but since we cnat afford,

he thought i wuld be happy if take hotel n do a theme...still can get pretty atmosphere and pictures then.

as for decorations its still in the process, i've engaged the decorators and still adjusting based on budget.

the deco i plan myself and did some rough photomanipulation so it would be easier for decorator to get what i want.

My dinner will only be in may so u might have to wait for the pictures haha..

np though, i will definately share pics of the deco and theme then.