#1 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

Hi Ladies,

I had engaged local florist to make 2 flowers stands and a big center piece for my receiption.
My theme's colors are Gold and Red, the 2 flowers stands are with gold colored candles and center piece is with a pair of Dragon and Phoenix candle. In order to ous-stand those candles I plan to use light color to match it thus I go for light pink, purple, white and green, what do you think?

These few days I'm google around for color matching and design for some ideas, maybe we can share these information here :)

#2 crystalcrismoon

crystalcrismoon

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (beautifulgown @ Jan 13 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Ladies,

I had engaged local florist to make 2 flowers stands and a big center piece for my receiption.
My theme's colors are Gold and Red, the 2 flowers stands are with gold colored candles and center piece is with a pair of Dragon and Phoenix candle. In order to ous-stand those candles I plan to use light color to match it thus I go for light pink, purple, white and green, what do you think?

These few days I'm google around for color matching and design for some ideas, maybe we can share these information here :)

Ling,

hoho, u always like colorful ^^
i thnk it is ok..coz in the middle tat is soo outstanding color of gold n red....so other part cannot too dark or else will rebut the stand out color of the stands for ur candle stand..

#3 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

moon,
you know me ah! :P I like colorful things but I will still stick to the color theme that I chose.
In order to outstand the candles, I can't go for red for flowers, otherwise too red in photos :P

#4 crystalcrismoon

crystalcrismoon

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (beautifulgown @ Jan 19 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
moon,
you know me ah! :P I like colorful things but I will still stick to the color theme that I chose.
In order to outstand the candles, I can't go for red for flowers, otherwise too red in photos :P

Ling,

or maybe try something similar as red?.....like lipstick pink? it will be cute o

#5 jovyn

jovyn

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

ling, how much roughly need to be spend...i ask my rest. to do the main table decor n chair + flower arch, 6 flower tomb along the walkway...they charge us RM400....hmmmmm

#6 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:13 AM

jovyn,
Are they fresh flowers? what types of flowers they are using?
If in Kuching, one fresh flowers arch (with roses and others) already RM400, if they can provide so many decor with just RM400 is worth.

Like my case, 2 flower stands and center piece already RM380, they will use roses, orchids and other small flowers for the decor.

RM400 maybe they use silk/fake flowers, what do you think?

#7 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:34 AM

Some simple decor with flowers

#8 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:40 AM

Can regard this piece as center piece, I will get the florist to do something like this, middle with two big dragon and phoenix candle, however I'm not using lilies but roses and orchids.

#9 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:44 AM

Just to share .. :)

I like this flower stand, it looks closely to what I want but will add in more roses and orchids. As for the candle part, I'm using gold colored candle.

Some other samples

This looks a complicated to me, but it is nice.

#10 Vanila Ng

Vanila Ng

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

Hi, do u mind sharing ur florist contact ?

#11 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

Vanila,
I'm from Kuching oh heheeheh
Those photos are just for some ideas for my wedding decor :)

#12 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

To share the flower stand that decorated by the florist - orchidwood. This piece is RM80 but due to my date, I have to pay extra RM10.

And arch decorated by them too. But I don't want the arch.

#13 Yvon

Yvon

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

I was checking out Pure Seed. They have many nice deco on their website but the price... errr... still need to check with them. If DIY, I'll pengsan, really. But asking florist to do, expensive right? How much you allocate for yours? I'm budgeting RM400 but don't know if what I want can fit. If can't then replace some with cloth and use lesser flowers. haha... cheap ho.

Anyone who wants to check out Pure Seed, here's the site: www.pureseed.com.my
I kinda like their style. Hope they won't be too expensive.

#14 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:53 AM

Yvon,
I ever viewed at Pure Seed website, their works are impressive, I'm sure will cost more than RM2k? or anyone has engaged with Pure Seed can give us an idea?

I have changed my mind, instead of 2 flower stand, I will make 4 and I don't nid the iron stand from florist where by restaurant has it, I think more than 4 which I can use =) let see how it goes.

#15 Yvon

Yvon

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

I've decided to engage a different florist who could give be a better price. Actually, I was trying to negotiate with 3 diff florists. The other 2 weren't as quick in replies. I didn't have much time and I felt that if they can't take me seriously and reply (at least to tell me you're busy and will try to reply later) but keep me waiting for days, I may as well go with someone who values my business and calls me up to ask what I wanted. I have yet to see the actual works of this florist I;ve engaged but I suppose, I have to trust them. I've specified what I want and can only hope hope hope and trust in God that it'll turn out fine. cool.gif

For the moment, the cost is still under RM1000. At most, it'll be RM 1000 as the onsite decor will be DIY to save costs. But I know fabric will be costly. Lace or cloth will cost me quite a bit. Hopefully can find a place that offers reasonable prices.

#16 hamm

hamm

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (beautifulgown @ May 11 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yvon,
I ever viewed at Pure Seed website, their works are impressive, I'm sure will cost more than RM2k? or anyone has engaged with Pure Seed can give us an idea?

I have changed my mind, instead of 2 flower stand, I will make 4 and I don't nid the iron stand from florist where by restaurant has it, I think more than 4 which I can use =) let see how it goes.

Hi Ling, my friend is doing flower business in Sarawak,his name is Nicky Tham, but he has daytime job, business is a secret to be kept from boss tongue.gif .so write email is a better way:flowertimesibu@hotmail.com. Is Sibu far away from Kuching??

#17 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:55 AM

hamm,
thanks for sharing Sibu is far from Kuching =P flight is less than 1 hr, if road transportation is about 6 hrs drive =P

#18 cuppies

cuppies

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (beautifulgown @ Feb 19 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To share the flower stand that decorated by the florist - orchidwood. This piece is RM80 but due to my date, I have to pay extra RM10.

Hi BG,

How much is the arch shown in the picture ya?

Thanks

#19 Qtee

Qtee

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (cuppies @ Jun 10 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (beautifulgown @ Feb 19 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi BG,

How much is the arch shown in the picture ya?

Thanks

yeah, BG, how much is the arch?
Anyone got any idea the price range for the arch in KL?

#20 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

cuppies & Qtee,
the arch ya, if not mistaken is around RM450 =)

#21 juanil

juanil

Demure Duchess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

Ling,

Normally how do people do the placing for the deco? I have no idea at all on how should I plan the deco for Church as well as the banquet. oops.gif

#22 Qtee

Qtee

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (beautifulgown @ Jun 11 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cuppies & Qtee,
the arch ya, if not mistaken is around RM450 =)

oops.... tat's not cheap though...
Thanks for the information =d

#23 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

juanil,
What crystalmoon did was, the arc was use for church and also for dinner receiption. Orchidwood set up the arch at the chuch first then later they brought back to their shop and around late afternoon (4pm) they brought it to banquet to set up then at the same time oso changing some flowers for her.

You can give or drop by orchidwood if you want =) I think I nid to go there again sometime in this month, to finalise the flowers and center piece =)

Qtee,
How much for KL's charge?

#24 Qtee

Qtee

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (beautifulgown @ Jun 11 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
juanil,
What crystalmoon did was, the arc was use for church and also for dinner receiption. Orchidwood set up the arch at the chuch first then later they brought back to their shop and around late afternoon (4pm) they brought it to banquet to set up then at the same time oso changing some flowers for her.

You can give or drop by orchidwood if you want =) I think I nid to go there again sometime in this month, to finalise the flowers and center piece =)

Qtee,
How much for KL's charge?

Actually I dun hv any quote with me as I tot it must be expensive..js to kpc here..I might get it for my reception if da price is cheap

#25 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

Qtee,
I see i see, I think you can get almost the same rate in KL too, after all flowers in KL are cheaper compared to Kuching =)

#26 juanil

juanil

Demure Duchess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (beautifulgown @ Jun 11 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
juanil,

Ling,

Thank you so much for the info. Indeed it's really a great idea to do so. After all, we've paid the arch, right? Should drop by there too when my wedding almost near. wink.gif

#27 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

juanil,
I would suggest you to drop by orchidwood as soon as you can, don't be too near as your date is in January, they will be busy with christmas then chinese new year order, that's what the lady told me. So I should drop by anytime in June to give them the candles and to settle the center piece design and my bridal bouquet. =)

What's your budget? What moon told me orchidwood gave her the best deal as she surveyed few florist houses in town. If not mistaken, moon spent nearly RM1k or more for her church wedding + bridal bouquet + groom's corsage + roses for guests' table decor, that's partly because they are using lily =) if just roses will be cheaper.

#28 juanil

juanil

Demure Duchess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (beautifulgown @ Jun 12 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
juanil,
I would suggest you to drop by orchidwood as soon as you can, don't be too near as your date is in January, they will be busy with christmas then chinese new year order, that's what the lady told me. So I should drop by anytime in June to give them the candles and to settle the center piece design and my bridal bouquet. =)

What's your budget? What moon told me orchidwood gave her the best deal as she surveyed few florist houses in town. If not mistaken, moon spent nearly RM1k or more for her church wedding + bridal bouquet + groom's corsage + roses for guests' table decor, that's partly because they are using lily =) if just roses will be cheaper.

Ling,

I see... You're right. My wedding is very near the Christmas and CNY. I should get them to quote me. I'll discuss it with my FH first regarding the matter. Currently, we are busy with our housing loan actually. So, still haven't touch the wedding thingy yet since the major parts already settled. smile.gif Should start the rest once our housing loan thingy settled.

#29 beautifulgown

beautifulgown

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,127 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

juanil,
no problem =) get the housing loan matter done first (more important) then later you can concentrate on your wedding preparation .. ahh .. till then you have more things to settle liau lo, house + wedding! wow .. it will be a super usy months for you two.

If any information just ask, I try my best to supply you. By the way, I'm not using uncle cake house already, I'm using lovey dovey - Ben to make our fondant wedding cupcake, size slightly smaller than what uncle cake house gave me but is using fondant and it charge RM1 each without box as the size kinda hard to find box for it. =)

#30 juanil

juanil

Demure Duchess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:08 AM

Ling,

Yeah, that will be real busy for the both of us! wacko3.gif How much Lovey-Dovey charges you? If not mistaken, quite pricey right? I like their cupcakes too. So nice! But not sure whether we can afford it. unsure.gif