Sign in to follow this  
beautifulgown

Share your idea: flower decor

Hi Ladies,

I had engaged local florist to make 2 flowers stands and a big center piece for my receiption.

My theme's colors are Gold and Red, the 2 flowers stands are with gold colored candles and center piece is with a pair of Dragon and Phoenix candle. In order to ous-stand those candles I plan to use light color to match it thus I go for light pink, purple, white and green, what do you think?

These few days I'm google around for color matching and design for some ideas, maybe we can share these information here :)

Hi Ladies,

I had engaged local florist to make 2 flowers stands and a big center piece for my receiption.

My theme's colors are Gold and Red, the 2 flowers stands are with gold colored candles and center piece is with a pair of Dragon and Phoenix candle. In order to ous-stand those candles I plan to use light color to match it thus I go for light pink, purple, white and green, what do you think?

These few days I'm google around for color matching and design for some ideas, maybe we can share these information here :)

Ling,

hoho, u always like colorful ^^

i thnk it is ok..coz in the middle tat is soo outstanding color of gold n red....so other part cannot too dark or else will rebut the stand out color of the stands for ur candle stand..

moon,

you know me ah! :P I like colorful things but I will still stick to the color theme that I chose.

In order to outstand the candles, I can't go for red for flowers, otherwise too red in photos :P

moon,

you know me ah! :P I like colorful things but I will still stick to the color theme that I chose.

In order to outstand the candles, I can't go for red for flowers, otherwise too red in photos :P

Ling,

or maybe try something similar as red?.....like lipstick pink? it will be cute o

ling, how much roughly need to be spend...i ask my rest. to do the main table decor n chair + flower arch, 6 flower tomb along the walkway...they charge us RM400....hmmmmm

jovyn,

Are they fresh flowers? what types of flowers they are using?

If in Kuching, one fresh flowers arch (with roses and others) already RM400, if they can provide so many decor with just RM400 is worth.

Like my case, 2 flower stands and center piece already RM380, they will use roses, orchids and other small flowers for the decor.

RM400 maybe they use silk/fake flowers, what do you think?

Can regard this piece as center piece, I will get the florist to do something like this, middle with two big dragon and phoenix candle, however I'm not using lilies but roses and orchids.

CWF2311_001.jpg

Just to share .. :)

I like this flower stand, it looks closely to what I want but will add in more roses and orchids. As for the candle part, I'm using gold colored candle.

flowerstandshy8.jpg

Some other samples

flowerstands2az4.jpg

This looks a complicated to me, but it is nice.

flowerstands3tt9.jpg

To share the flower stand that decorated by the florist - orchidwood. This piece is RM80 but due to my date, I have to pay extra RM10.

flowerstandge7.jpg

And arch decorated by them too. But I don't want the arch.

archsr0.jpg

I was checking out Pure Seed. They have many nice deco on their website but the price... errr... still need to check with them. If DIY, I'll pengsan, really. But asking florist to do, expensive right? How much you allocate for yours? I'm budgeting RM400 but don't know if what I want can fit. If can't then replace some with cloth and use lesser flowers. haha... cheap ho.

Anyone who wants to check out Pure Seed, here's the site: www.pureseed.com.my

I kinda like their style. Hope they won't be too expensive.

Yvon,

I ever viewed at Pure Seed website, their works are impressive, I'm sure will cost more than RM2k? or anyone has engaged with Pure Seed can give us an idea?

I have changed my mind, instead of 2 flower stand, I will make 4 and I don't nid the iron stand from florist where by restaurant has it, I think more than 4 which I can use =) let see how it goes.

I've decided to engage a different florist who could give be a better price. Actually, I was trying to negotiate with 3 diff florists. The other 2 weren't as quick in replies. I didn't have much time and I felt that if they can't take me seriously and reply (at least to tell me you're busy and will try to reply later) but keep me waiting for days, I may as well go with someone who values my business and calls me up to ask what I wanted. I have yet to see the actual works of this florist I;ve engaged but I suppose, I have to trust them. I've specified what I want and can only hope hope hope and trust in God that it'll turn out fine. :cool:

For the moment, the cost is still under RM1000. At most, it'll be RM 1000 as the onsite decor will be DIY to save costs. But I know fabric will be costly. Lace or cloth will cost me quite a bit. Hopefully can find a place that offers reasonable prices.

Yvon,

I ever viewed at Pure Seed website, their works are impressive, I'm sure will cost more than RM2k? or anyone has engaged with Pure Seed can give us an idea?

I have changed my mind, instead of 2 flower stand, I will make 4 and I don't nid the iron stand from florist where by restaurant has it, I think more than 4 which I can use =) let see how it goes.

Hi Ling, my friend is doing flower business in Sarawak,his name is Nicky Tham, but he has daytime job, business is a secret to be kept from boss :tongue: .so write email is a better way:flowertimesibu@hotmail.com. Is Sibu far away from Kuching??

To share the flower stand that decorated by the florist - orchidwood. This piece is RM80 but due to my date, I have to pay extra RM10.

flowerstandge7.jpg

archsr0.jpg

Hi BG,

How much is the arch shown in the picture ya?

Thanks

flowerstandge7.jpg

Hi BG,

How much is the arch shown in the picture ya?

Thanks

yeah, BG, how much is the arch?

Anyone got any idea the price range for the arch in KL?

Ling,

Normally how do people do the placing for the deco? I have no idea at all on how should I plan the deco for Church as well as the banquet. :oops:

cuppies & Qtee,

the arch ya, if not mistaken is around RM450 =)

oops.... tat's not cheap though...

Thanks for the information =d

juanil,

What crystalmoon did was, the arc was use for church and also for dinner receiption. Orchidwood set up the arch at the chuch first then later they brought back to their shop and around late afternoon (4pm) they brought it to banquet to set up then at the same time oso changing some flowers for her.

You can give or drop by orchidwood if you want =) I think I nid to go there again sometime in this month, to finalise the flowers and center piece =)

Qtee,

How much for KL's charge?

juanil,

What crystalmoon did was, the arc was use for church and also for dinner receiption. Orchidwood set up the arch at the chuch first then later they brought back to their shop and around late afternoon (4pm) they brought it to banquet to set up then at the same time oso changing some flowers for her.

You can give or drop by orchidwood if you want =) I think I nid to go there again sometime in this month, to finalise the flowers and center piece =)

Qtee,

How much for KL's charge?

Actually I dun hv any quote with me as I tot it must be expensive..js to kpc here..I might get it for my reception if da price is cheap