dear all, need help here. been searching through but seems that not many has done the ROM in covershots. i'm thinkin of doin it as i'm not goin to invite alot of guests (150 or less) and wanna have a more intimate, no table to table yum-seng kinda wedding. now the prob here is i've enquired about the covershots package and they will be taking photos before the rom and light refreshments afterwards. so my question here is do i do this rom thing and the day after is the 'chut mun'? or i do all together in one day? but coz it's only refreshments afraid the guests will be hungry...confused here..then thinking of having a rom before lunch. any suggestions? or has anyone did the rom in covershots or attend before??how's the feel??pls help~!

dear all, need help here. been searching through but seems that not many has done the ROM in covershots. i'm thinkin of doin it as i'm not goin to invite alot of guests (150 or less) and wanna have a more intimate, no table to table yum-seng kinda wedding. now the prob here is i've enquired about the covershots package and they will be taking photos before the rom and light refreshments afterwards. so my question here is do i do this rom thing and the day after is the 'chut mun'? or i do all together in one day? but coz it's only refreshments afraid the guests will be hungry...confused here..then thinking of having a rom before lunch. any suggestions? or has anyone did the rom in covershots or attend before??how's the feel??pls help~!

Hi glooomi!

just saw this message as i was browsing the forum.

i got a friend who did this ROM thing - and i thought it was almost the most fabulous thing! i helped her with the liasing with covershots, and i'm so going to do the same thing for my wedding! :lol: they are so into the details it's amazing!

Ok- here's a run thru of what she did...

morning, the groom and heng tais came over to her place for the "chut mun" thing

and then we headed over to covershots straight.

relatives and all were gathered in covershots already - with music in the background, and some drinks served. very nice deco and all!

when it was time, the couple walked in, to the registrar guy and exchanged vows + signing ceremony. it was so sweet! :wub:

as for the photo taking session, maybe you can ask them if you could do it after the ROM? they are really nice people, so maybe they can be flexible there? i'm not sure. try try!

As for refreshments- i think they served food like beehoon and popiah and sandwiches- and i can't remember what else. everyone was so excited, taking pictures and chatting away, i don't think they managed to eat much! but i think it's ok to serve light anyway because otherwise it might get messy and ppl will be too engrossed into eating and forget that they are at a wedding reception.

when are you getting married glooomi? i got another friend who is getting married in march and will be doing it in covershots too! i'm so excited!

HI Dear,

I just hv my ROM in Covershots on Jan 2009. The location is nice (kelana jaya waterfront).

However, there is some problem with their arrangement for the ROM. Everything in messy when comes to the very last week/few days before the actual registration day. :sad:

The staff suppose be incharge of our ROM suddenly resigned and another staff call my husband and said that to confirm all the information that we provided them previously.

The worst part is... we hv went thru all the procedure in Jabatan Pendaftaran and the person incharge hv resigned and no one take over her work. The government side there hv no people can come out for our ROM... my husband need to call and go to the Jabatan Pendaftaran again and talk to the people there.

We are so worried that our ROM hv to be postpone or cancel to another date. Luckily about 4days before, the government side settle.

Actually the location is nice, just that sometimes as a customer we hv paid the amount of money, we hope to get good service and not that kind of "suprise" and everything not in planning. About the photographer, better if you have some friends can help to take photos on the actual day due to the photo can be choose to put in album is kind of limited and honestly it is not as good as i expected.

However, if you wish to hv ur ROM in covershots, maybe need to discuss and talk to the staff to ensure everything as in planning inclusing the date, registration procedure, gowns, make up artist, music, foods, decoration and so on.

Wish you have a memorable marriage^^

hi emmy, so sorry to hear about what happened. i hope your wedding went super well nonetheless :)

actually, my friend who is getting married in march - i think he told me that they need to arrange for the registrar people themselves.. something about must do it personally and covershots can't do it for them - i don't know.

my friend who got married in their old place in ampang said something like that too.

girls, is it true that we have to make the arrangements ourselves because JPN (is it jabatan pendaftaran negara who is in charged of this?) don't allow representatives to do it for us? If yes, i better take note and tell my husband-to-be that we'll need to spare the time to do this next time.

i have such a good impression of covershots at the moment, i could hardly believe they didn't do a good job. but thanks emmy for letting us know - i better check with my friend (i'm gonna call him March Friend :) ) and get him to specify these things with Covershots, just in case.

yah, i'll check with March friend and see what he says after he speaks to covershots.

Ahhh... didn't know Covershots (CS) have this additional website. Suprisingly it was not mentioned in their original CS webbie too.

I had CS as my AD PG (dinner only). Pictures is just so so... ok la. I signed up 2 years ago because of their 2 senior PG, Jean Lam & Jason, who took all those lovely shots that you see in their old and current webbie photo montage. But they too resigned before Covershots moved to Kelana Jaya. I am obviously dissapointed with the news and no one told me until I told Pam my dissapointment and I am not comfortable with their new PG skills. I demanded to see their actual work (in album or softcopies)... not too bad, but still... I paid the deposit and so.... anyway, my AD pixs is just ok. And I found out that the 2 PG they supplied.. 1 is a junior PG from another bridal studio :angry: . I got all this scoop from my friend who also took CS too..

So emmy33, I can relate how you feel about the not so nice feeling. I feel the same too when I look at my pixs. The waterfront place is nice la... but dunno worth the hassle and just need to make sure eveything is in order a week or 3 days before your big day lor. Pam is well known to be a perfectionist, and I heard many staffs resigned because of her demanding perfection. There are bound to be hiccups here there which are unavoidable - new staffs & inexperienced, etc etc.

I agree they have beautiful rom service unfortunately there isn't new pictures updated on their website at their new place in Kelana Jaya.

luv amour, guess what i found as i was googling and googling and googling?

http://www.civilceremony.com.my/Main.html

but they don't have that many pictures though - still quite nice i thought :D

hi all,

i had my civil ceremony at covershots on year 2006.

About the pegawai from JPN, we need to go JPN ourself to apply. Covershots cant do it for us. That time, i went to JPN office to apply the 'outside register' service. If i not mistaken, the charges is RM500. The i met the pegawai personally to discuss about my civil ceremony style. They are helpful.

Pls feel free to visit my wedding website for the civil ceremony photos.

www.mywedding.com/ryanmavis

Hope the info helps.

hi,

if i not remembered wrongly, i spent about 10k for this civil ceremony. The package that time offered by covershots i think is about rm8k++. But is for 20pax of guest only. I add on 20 additional pax. If not wrong, they charged rm50 -60 per additional pax. Then the food is selected from their pre-set menu which my hb n i not really satify enough on the food. So i did ordered extra cakes/ pastry from Strudel.

Agree with beibei on the pricing. I also wanted to top up the no of guest list, but turn out to be around RM10k too.

So we agree to forgo and spend the money on good AD photography and venue instead.

Bei Bei, you have a lovely wedding at CS. Thank you for sharing it with us here.

welcome!! :)

Honestly the price quite expensive. But i just had the registration that time not the AD wedding. And i happy my hb willing to give me this special and memeorable civil ceremony.

Cheers! :)

For my ROM last month, we only spend about 5k+ for covershoot coz we only top up for food about 25pax. For the decoration, we did not add in anything as well as for the sound system, flowers and etc etc...

Anyone interested i can send you some photos as reference although we did not add in $$ for decoration and how is the environment looks like :)

I'm now waiting for my actual wedding dinner...hehe..still need to check on the suitable date yet with sifu.

Have a nice day^^

For my ROM last month, we only spend about 5k+ for covershoot coz we only top up for food about 25pax. For the decoration, we did not add in anything as well as for the sound system, flowers and etc etc...

Anyone interested i can send you some photos as reference although we did not add in $$ for decoration and how is the environment looks like :)

I'm now waiting for my actual wedding dinner...hehe..still need to check on the suitable date yet with sifu.

Have a nice day^^

hey thanks all for all the info~been busy for these few months and didn't log in here to check..and so happi for the replies..by the way emmy33..if it's ok would like to see ur photos! glooomi.day@gmail.com

and j3nn, can share with me for ur March fren's wedding reception as well after that? :) And around how many guests ur 1st fren invite?

anyway probably this few week will be goin to covershots and see..the wedding date not set yet..coz thinkin if goin for this only we'll decide on the date..

tmr will be goin to mid valley fair as well..search and look around~ :lol:

hey all..just to share. Today went to Mid Valley's wedding exhibition..didn't get to ask any vendors there coz don't like to get hassle..sometimes very tiring and annoying to get people to ask u to sit down..take a look at the album..etc etc..anyway.. back to the topic..knew that courtyard garden is there so went n ask and they are really attentitve and friendly..answer my questions nicely..coz they can also do rom there..so an option for us..

later on went to covershots..surprisingly..i love the place..blue interior and they say we can use the whole space during our event..great for us coz some of my friends are photographer and they can take pics there as well..and the people there are very nice also..not pushy..but one thing the max pax is 90..so now have to think alot!

Ahhh... didn't know Covershots (CS) have this additional website. Suprisingly it was not mentioned in their original CS webbie too.

I had CS as my AD PG (dinner only). Pictures is just so so... ok la. I signed up 2 years ago because of their 2 senior PG, Jean Lam & Jason, who took all those lovely shots that you see in their old and current webbie photo montage. But they too resigned before Covershots moved to Kelana Jaya. I am obviously dissapointed with the news and no one told me until I told Pam my dissapointment and I am not comfortable with their new PG skills. I demanded to see their actual work (in album or softcopies)... not too bad, but still... I paid the deposit and so.... anyway, my AD pixs is just ok. And I found out that the 2 PG they supplied.. 1 is a junior PG from another bridal studio :angry: . I got all this scoop from my friend who also took CS too..

So emmy33, I can relate how you feel about the not so nice feeling. I feel the same too when I look at my pixs. The waterfront place is nice la... but dunno worth the hassle and just need to make sure eveything is in order a week or 3 days before your big day lor. Pam is well known to be a perfectionist, and I heard many staffs resigned because of her demanding perfection. There are bound to be hiccups here there which are unavoidable - new staffs & inexperienced, etc etc.

I agree they have beautiful rom service unfortunately there isn't new pictures updated on their website at their new place in Kelana Jaya.

luv amour, guess what i found as i was googling and googling and googling?

http://www.civilceremony.com.my/Main.html

but they don't have that many pictures though - still quite nice i thought :D

hi PccIvy,

i was too about to take up covershot package as i had really good impression when they are in ampang. and their photos looked really good.

but recently when i visited their new shop and seen their photos...i'm really dissapointed....ya...the photos still look ok, but somehow something''s missing, couldn''t explain...and the place is ok...new and neater but not as charming as the old place...

i told pam i was dissapointed...but she insisted the new place is better....at the end of the day i didn't take up their package...

i'm now considering another place, much cheaper...though they don't provide gown and makeup....but i'd decided to get my gown else where ..so i figured it's fine...i seen their photos ....actually better than the covershot photos now..

anyone has any ideas where the old photographers from covershot go to?

Hi Roseirose,

How was your ROM in Covershots? :) can you share your experience? I am going to have 1 ...... so nervous and don't know which venue to choose...

Hi Aishnew 29,

I am having a ROM in Kelana Jaya too.... but they requests up-front full payment prior to my big day and that makes me uncomfortable... do you mind to share which place is cheaper that you mentioned in your post? :)