sabrina_penang

Weight loss and slimming tips/experiences

I was 62 kg, and once I become a vegetarian, i went down to 48 kg in 6 months, without cutting down the amount of food and without exercise.

I was 62 kg, and once I become a vegetarian, i went down to 48 kg in 6 months, without cutting down the amount of food and without exercise.

I love food, eventhough I prefer vege than meat, but I can't resist the chicken and fillet when I dine outside. I hardly have the self-control when comes to food. Gosh...I wonder what's the life would be without meat..

wow, your determination must be very strong. From the list you share with me, I wonder how long that I could stand not to have dinner (not even supper, I don't eat supper)I am short so when I get fatter, my tummy will be obviously be seen. Felt so bad when my colleague keep on teasing me on my tummy issue though she is not any better than me. I always telling myself when my wedding date is fixed, I'll start to put some effort to slim down my size.

i did something like beutiful gown, cut off dinner, and very little lunch.

then recently for my photoshoots, i cut off food totally, just very little, like maybe a bowl of soup a day, or some fruits.

i lost a lot, about 5 kg within 2 weeks. but its really a very bad diet, was desperate and no choice. went down 1 dress size, but also felt a bit weaker.

and lotsa of ppl tell me if i start eating normally again, theres the YOYO effect where i wil get even fatter than b4, so until now im really afraid to eat.. :(

erm... is it so bad tht need to restrict yourself on eating?

eatless will makes u crave even more. whether u eat more or eat less, balance diet is a must. cut down on dinner is a no no for long run.

my advice is maintain balance diet instead of restrict urself from eating meat and just drink soup, eat fruits or starving.

i did something like beutiful gown, cut off dinner, and very little lunch.

then recently for my photoshoots, i cut off food totally, just very little, like maybe a bowl of soup a day, or some fruits.

i lost a lot, about 5 kg within 2 weeks. but its really a very bad diet, was desperate and no choice. went down 1 dress size, but also felt a bit weaker.

and lotsa of ppl tell me if i start eating normally again, theres the YOYO effect where i wil get even fatter than b4, so until now im really afraid to eat.. :(

May, did you include exercise. 5kg in 2 weeks is a big number.

Recently I cut off rice for dinner, light breakfast and lunch. I only manage to drop 3 kg only in two months :(

tainhui.. yup.. ideally exercise and balance diet is the right way to do it. But i have low resistance towards food, i loveeeeee to eat. and lazy to exercise, dun like to sweat.. always making excuse, so when time is running out, no choice loh..

Hazel: yup yup.. drastic number eh.. hehe.. i bought the wedding gown about 3 weeks ago, last sunday when i did my photoshoot, then realized the gown is so loose! (can actually slip down my body), so i lost like a dress size!!!!

yes, at 1st i cut down rice and sugar, light meals, only loose luike 1 - 2 kg. thats why when about less than a month left, no choice but to go on crash diet lor..

but i notice now i eat lesser.. could it be my tummy shrunk.. or used to small portions now?

me a vegetarian too. but for more than 15 years, not for slimming down.

BG,

for arms, do arms exercise dat aims to tone up the triceps n biceps like weight lifting or swimming. it helps.

Exercise and diet requires determination and discipline.

NO ONE loves to exercise.

Seriously. If I had it my way, I'd rather sit in front of the computer/TV instead of going out every two days for a jog and the weekends for three to five hour hikes. I remember watching Oprah Winfrey's coverage on her battle with weight loss and one of the things that struck me was that statement "NO ONE LIKES TO EXERCISE but we HAVE TO DO IT."

Losing weight by not eating isn't healthy for your body in the long run, especially more so for women since our bodies churn out more fat-based hormones. Starving yourself is not the key to losing that extra few kilos or inches around your waist. The last time I tried crash dieting, the moment I got off it, I ended up putting on more weight than when I was before I started the crash diet. Besides, I ended up craving for more food. =.=

If you must cut back on food, it's not by skipping meals but by portion control. Eat less of carbs, oils and sugar and up the veg & fruit content.

And don't forget, exercise balances out everything...not skipping meals. I can't even begin to extol the virtues of exercise. I still hate jogging but I do it anyway because it keeps the fat off and I can still eat good food. The hikes help as well and I find that HB & I bond a whole lot more since we started hiking together. My stamina has increased and I hardly nap at all in the afternoons compared to before I started all this seriously.

But more importantly, allow yourself some pleasures. You can still eat ice cream, pizza and what-not. Just watch the portions and frequency. Change your serving utensils, if you can. Opt for smaller plates, bowls and even spoons. I eat ice cream out of those souffle cups with a teaspoon in order to trick my brain into thinking that it's a lot. And by a lot, I mean two heaper tablespoons. And I make my own ice cream with lot-fat cream and pure fruit.

I find that cooking and making your own meals helps with the struggle to maintain your weight because 1) you know what you put inside your food and 2) you can control the portions, fat-content and so forth.

Hope this helps.

meiteoh, i agreed with all your points.

I used to diet every ways i can and battled my weight for years, named it, no carbs, sugar blockage, fruit diet, soup diet food replacement, slimming centre, gym exercise etc etc. I been yo-yo from 60 to 72 then back to 57 and now stand still at 65kg. I am a big bone girl at 162cm. I love food for sure.

Lose weight takes times, healthy way to lose weight is by lose around 1-2 kg per month so you would not have a bounced back. My conclusion to lose or maintained an ideal weight is by:

• eat healthy meals of small portions (you can have up to 4-5 meals a day) but no food after 8pm.

- meals should have carb, red meat and lots of veggie + one fruit a day

• Exercise moderate about 30 mins for 3 times a week whenever you can (even walking stairs also help)

- its can help your metabolism, blood circulation and your mind become fresher

• rewards yourself with your favourite food (like cheese cake, choc) once awhile (like 1 times in a month)
Hope this help. No shortcut to lose weight... EAT HEALHTY, LIVE HEALTHY (EXERCISE) and Laugh a lot :D :P

But I like exercise! I exercise for fun and not for slimming. When I run on threadmill, I will always strive to run faster to beat my previous time. Perhaps I am just too competitive

Some people might look small and slim but their weight is big number. It is not because of fats, it might be water and the weight of your bone. The best I guess is to check the fats level.

Girls...

To share , i managed to cut down almost 4 KG in a 3 days diet program . ( 2 times in 2 weeks time= total 6 days diet )

Only spend about RM35.00 per diet ; with combination of dairy foods, fruits and veges & lots lots of water ....

( healthy program with no pills )

Anyone need the recipe , do PM me.

Hi Jess, can PM me ur recipe?

thanks

hi maywong, aisteru : - please check ur mail.

fionagoh, i need your email address , please send to me, ok .

and girls , for your information ... though had stopped with the diet , me is now losing another 1 KG ;eat and drink as normal . so... do try okooie...

my total KG lost is almost 5kg....

anyone tried the recipe and wanna share the success shed of KG's ???

hi maywong, aisteru : - please check ur mail.

fionagoh, i need your email address , please send to me, ok .

and girls , for your information ... though had stopped with the diet , me is now losing another 1 KG ;eat and drink as normal . so... do try okooie...

my total KG lost is almost 5kg....

anyone tried the recipe and wanna share the success shed of KG's ???

hi jess,

Can share ur amazing recipe?

Thanks

got it jess, thanks

i must find a suitable 3 day period to try this recipe. cos normal working days hard la.. a lot of temptations.. haahah

Hi Jess,

I am interested. Can PM me the recipe?

Thank you in advance ya!!

Girls...

To share , i managed to cut down almost 4 KG in a 3 days diet program . ( 2 times in 2 weeks time= total 6 days diet )

Only spend about RM35.00 per diet ; with combination of dairy foods, fruits and veges & lots lots of water ....

( healthy program with no pills )

Anyone need the recipe , do PM me.

hi,everybody im new here. I wish to share my slimming experience with all u gals here. :D

i was overweight since i was young, so always think of weight loss. i have tried so many methods.

Example of ways that i used before:

1. took weight loss pills