Sign in to follow this  
kjoanne79

Kamal Quek

hahah... i was wondering what was the topic about, when i read sinsei i thought it might be dr quack :P

just kidding, havent heard of him before. what does he do?

Hi,

I heard that many people visit Dr Kamal Quek. So, how is it like during the treatment? Actually, what kind of method does he use to check our health being? I really want to see him but would like to find out more before I pay him a visit. Any contact details of Dr Kamal Quek that any of you out there can share with me.

Thank you ver much.

Dr. Kamal Quek is an Indonesian Chinese (Muslim). He practises at his home in Cheras, another shop near his house (also in Cheras) and in downtown KL. His consultation hours are 10am - 4pm Mon - Thu (at his house), 7pm - 10pm (at the shop near his house, by appointment only) and Sun (forgot the time) in KL. I don't have his contact details with me now. Maybe I can find it at home later tonight.

His treatment is like this. First he will feel your pulse and then he will do an ultrasound scan on your tummy (if you are seeking treatment for fertility). Make sure your bladder is full before you see him. If not, he will ask you to wait while he sees other patients. Usually, the queue is very very long. The medicines given will be for 1 or 2 weeks. Charges are about RM80 per visit with 1 week's medicines.

Thank you so much for the info and advice, Fluene and of course your prompt reply. Really appreciate your help.

Further questions - for the operating hours, what about Sat? Is he open? Sunday also ok but need to find out its operating hours. Weekdays a bit hard b'coz I'm working unless after working hours. By the way, where is his house and shop? Mind giving me the address? Appreciate also if you can find the telephone no. and forward it to me.

So, I guess you have seek treatment from him before? How many times have you been there? Did you conceive a child from his consultation / visitation? Does it really help, i mean the medicine? Well, I'm just curious thats it. Is the medicine - herbal tea or tablet?

Sweetie Pie,

I'm not sure about Sat. I know for sure he is off on Fri as he is a Muslim. His house is in Taman Taynton, Cheras. His shop in Cheras is just walking distance from his house. As for the shop in KL, I forgot where is it already. I got his card in my house. Will search for it tonight and let you know. Mind you, there are LOTS of people seeking treatments from him and the queue is really long unless you reach there very early. He usually starts treatment at 11am and 8pm (although his card says 10am and 7pm) as he needs to go for solat. My house is just about 5 mins walking from his so usually I will go there at 7pm and I am the 1st in queue.

Yes, I have been seeing him for almost a year. Usually I go there once a week and sometimes once in a fortnight, depending on how many days medicines he gives me. The medicines are in the form of powder and tea bags where you will need to prepare just like any regular tea bags. The powder is to be mixed into the tea before drinking.

I don't conceive from my treatments with him. He was introduced by my hb's cousin who got pregnant from his treatments. But then, mine is an isolated case. i have been to many dr and sinseh and still couldn't get pregnant until recently.

Wow! From the sound of it, you are are currently pregnant. Congrats, Fluene.

Yeah, really appreciate if you could find his no. and address for me tonite when u get back home. Hm..u do get the advantage of staying near his house. So, you reckon 7pm is a good time to go and see him.

Oh....so why do you go and see him? For general health?

Sweetie pie, indeed I am pregnant. I am now in my week 6.

The contact details of Dr. Kamal Kuek is : Add : 8, Jalan Arasakesari, Taynton View, Cheras. HP : 016-6221593 and 016-2778091

I think he doesn't operate in his house anymore. But then, you better call and make sure before you go there.

I went to see him for fertility treatments. After 1 year and no result, I switched dr. Went to another sinseh for almost a year also. Still not pregnant. Then hb and I decided to move a step further.

Fluene, thanks a lot for the contact details. I will give him a call before I go may be this weekend.

Wow! I guess HB and you is really delighted on this new arrival of a family member. Oh, 6 weeks - quite recently that this good news arrived - A new year gift for both of you. :cheers: Cheers.....

So from the sound of it, not everybody is able to conceive through his consultation. Really depends on our individual. Well, after all these, atleast you have finally conceived. Have you been married long? How long have you been trying to conceive? So, mind sharing what was your next step after unsuccesfully visiting the 2 sinseh?

Congrats Sweetie Pie & thank you for the information.

I've just called Kamal Quek. He told me that he is off on Fri & Sat. While Sunday he will be operating at home from 10am till 2pm on first come first serve basis. He asked me to bring along with water or make sure my bladder is full (for fertility treatment) and also together with all medical records e.g. hormone or semen analysis.

I will be seeing him this Sunday. I hope I will be another lucky patient.

Fluene,

Eventhough I'm new here but I can feel that everybody here is very happy for you after what you have gone through to get this little one. You have been blessed and will be bless during your pregnancy.

Also, I would also like to thank you for sharing with me Dr Kamal Quek contact info.

Just to share with you, I've seen a gynae at UMMC and currently I'm doing a fertility test to ensure everything is ok. I'm going to do a HSG next month when my period comes. Ultrasound and pap smear test have done it yesterday. So, I'll just wait and see for the results to come.

By the way, anyone out there know how much the HSG cost?

Fluene,

Eventhough I'm new here but I can feel that everybody here is very happy for you after what you have gone through to get this little one. You have been blessed and will be bless during your pregnancy.

Also, I would also like to thank you for sharing with me Dr Kamal Quek contact info.

Just to share with you, I've seen a gynae at UMMC and currently I'm doing a fertility test to ensure everything is ok. I'm going to do a HSG next month when my period comes. Ultrasound and pap smear test have done it yesterday. So, I'll just wait and see for the results to come.

By the way, anyone out there know how much the HSG cost?

Hi Sweetie Pie,

I just did my HSG at Assunta Hospital, PJ this cycle. It cost RM215.

Apparently, no blockage at my fallopian tube, no fibroid and uterus shape is normal.

Now I am doing my 3rd Clomiphene with FSH injectables fertility treatment.

Hopefully, it will bring good news soon because usually you will be more fertile for 6mths after HSG.

Baby Dust to all who's still trying!!!

Hi HazellMom,

Thanks for the info and showering us with the Baby Dust. Hahaha.....

So, how's ur treatment so far? Did u also do it at Assunta? What is it like? Mind sharing your experience?

Well, for me I'll be going to do a blood test on 2 Mar to check whether am I ovulating. AFterthat will be the HSG. So, how does the HSG feel like?

Hi HazellMom,

So, how's ur treatment so far? Did u also do it at Assunta? What is it like? Mind sharing your experience?

Well, for me I'll be going to do a blood test on 2 Mar to check whether am I ovulating. AFterthat will be the HSG. So, how does the HSG feel like?

Sweetie Pie,

During HSG, doc will put a type of liquid into ur uterus as a contrast for the x-tray. so that when captured in x-ray, they can see the shape of ur uterus. and also check if the liquid flow out of ur fallo tiub. if yes, means not blocked. during the procedure, i feel i want to pooh pooh (very badly). But once the doc remove the equipment (i dunno what it's called), no more such feeling.

But then for the whole day, my stomach is so bloated. so bloated that i feel pain. but the next day ok liao.

Hi HazellMom,

Dear Sweetie Pie,

You are welcome! I will feel excited for those who have just conceived esp when it's their 1st baby, hehe...

My TTC #2 journey was tough. I have tried for 16/17 cycles. I have been seeing a gynae from a clinic because he has more flexibility of operating hrs compared to hospitals. I'm having PCOS and therefore my menses visited me irregularly. I started with low dose of 50mg clomid (fertility pill) and it does not work. Even at 150mg clomid, my follicles still react stubborn, didn't grew to doctor's expectation. My gynae then moved me up to another level of fertility treatment. 150mg Clomid + FSH (Follicles Stimulation hormones) injectables. Every 2 days from cd6 (cycle day 6) i will need to see gynae for injection. 1st cycle, it need to be cancelled halfway because my doctor found out that my follicles encountered over-stimulation. I have got 4 matured follicles. Gynae said i was having mild OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome). Very dissapointed! 2nd cycle of clomid+FSH treatment, my follicles finally behaving well. I have got 2 matured follicles and doctor administered HCG shot to triggers ovulation. I can feel ovulation is happening because there's cramping from both sides of my ovaries within 36hrs after the hcg shot. I have timed intercourse with hb. Failure again as my menses finally came. My gynae then advised me to go for HSG to check whether is there any blockage to my fallopian tube. Hb has done sperm count and results are normal. Well, now i am into 3rd clomid+FSH treatment. I didn't seem to put up any hope for this cycle. I have decided if i'm still failed to conceive for this cycle. I will terminate all fertility treatment and leave it as it is. Not going to try for 2nd baby. Afterall, i already have an adorable girl.

HSG process?? What i can tell is it's an uncomfortable test. The radiologist will examines our uterus and places

a speculum in our vagina. Cervix is cleaned, and a device (cannula) is placed into the opening of the cervix. This is the uncomfortable part for me. When inserting it was alright but when it's inside then you will fell the uncomfortness. The radiologist then gently fills the uterus with a liquid containing iodine (contrast) through the cannula. The contrast then enters the tubes, outlines the length of the tubes, and spills out their ends if they are open. Any abnormalities in the uterine cavity or fallopian tubes will be visible on a monitor. Frequently, side views of the uterus and tubes are obtained. I will need to change position to side on the table. I feel much better after the radiologist has removed the cannula. After that i am having a bit pain in my vagina & spotting for 1 day. The whole procedure is fast though. I am glad that i went for HSG test. At least i know there isn't any abnormalities and no blockage in my fallopian tubes.

Sweetie Pie, why are you doing a blood test to find out whether you are ovulating?? Is it requesting by a doctor?? Are you also an irregulars?? How long you have been TTC?? Anyway, hope to hear good news from you soon and Good Luck !! :smile:

Dear HazelMom & Honeylee,

Thanks a lot for your advice and sharing with me your experiences.

HazelMom, I'm sorry to hear that your #2 TTC was a tough experience. Did you go through the same experience when you conceive your 1st baby? I heard from my gynae that clomid has side effect but it has no strong evidence that it corelates to ovary cancer. If after my test, if doc finds that I need for fertility treatment, she has suggested that I try clomid. However, due to my family history of cancer, I dont want to take the risk eventhough it has not been confirmed of the linkage.

Well, my gynae recommend that I do the blood test to find out whether I ovulate this month a not. Actually, I'm a regular but lately the flow is light. According to the gynae, is not a problem, need not to worry.

Hmm....I've been TTC for the last 4 to 5 months?? Now that I've been marry, HB and I thought that we should start a family. So, now kind of scared if there's something wrong with my body.

Hi AhQuek,

How's your visit to Dr Kamal Quek over the weekend?

I was there at 12.30 then waited till 3pm for my turn that is when I told his assistant that my bladder is very full can't stand any longer. As this is my 1st visit so need more time to key-in both of our medical records & personal details. After that ultra sound then "pah mak" checking my heart beat. I was with him for about an hour (till 4pm) which normal patient only takes 15 mins. Guess what he chats with my hubby. Bcos my hubby need to go for another semen test. The one that he has was 6 months ago. KQ said before he gave medicine to my hubby he needs go for test 1st to ensure after the medication he will sees improvement. My hubby asked him if he has any "special room" with DVD player then he can bring his stuffs. KQ said if he wants to can call girls for him...just a jokes.

When I was sitting next to KQ actually he don't quite pay attention to me as he was surfing net checking some sites that looks like "facebxxk" going thru all the pretty girls pic and also his yahoo email. I asked my colleagues and friends who have been there before ..and they've not seen him doing that. I never bother much maybe his medicines works. I have heard successful case from a friend, colleague and colleague's friend. This is why I want to try KQ.

My second visit was pretty fast. I did ultra sound and "pah mak" in less than 5 mins. I felt that he is rushing for some appointment. Before I leaves the next patient was already lying on the bed waiting for ultra sound. Actually the whole procedure can be done in less 10 mins but he is just acting very slow.

Seriously the medicine is really really bitter. 1st week medicine quite ok after u get used to the taste not so bad. The 2nd week is suuuuper bitter...taste very "kip" like unripe banana. Yiak!!! Every time I drink I have to get ready with sour plum. And I always complain to my hubby..see how great is women. Have to gone thru all these. Hee...I think he also pitty me. Later after semen test I will make him drink with me.

Hi AQuek,

I been there everyday since last monday, KQ said due to unhealthy ovary and my ovum did't get bigger so i need to go everyday for acupuncture then scan the progress of ovum.

yesterday starting another week medicine, this week the medicine difference as previous, very bitter. total medicine fees from 2/3 till 10/3 was RM380, I think more then thousand spend for a month. very jia lak

Well, normally chinese medicine is bitter. Is it black in colour?

So, AQuek, did he say what is your problem? You mean everytime you go , he will do ultrasound. I'm doing my HSG next week so see what is the result first before I go and see AQuek coz hubby wants opinion from western doc first.

Hm.. kjoanne, wow sounds like is going to costs a lot. The medicine is expensive, is it? So, do u feel any improvement after consuming the medicine?

Well, normally chinese medicine is bitter. Is it black in colour?

So, AQuek, did he say what is your problem? You mean everytime you go , he will do ultrasound. I'm doing my HSG next week so see what is the result first before I go and see AQuek coz hubby wants opinion from western doc first.

Hm.. kjoanne, wow sounds like is going to costs a lot. The medicine is expensive, is it? So, do u feel any improvement after consuming the medicine?

See me??? haha..see Kamal Quek...though I have the same surname as him :D

Yes, every time ultra sound then check my heartbeat. This is the 4th week I am taking the medicine but this time is different. No more boiling bitter soup just pills. Maybe bcos I told him that my period has just cleared ...and I guess he is monitoring my ovulation date. He even asked me to see him on Monday after I've finished the pills. I didn't ask what is the medicine for and I don't see any different after 3 weeks taking the medicine but I trust him.