Sign in to follow this  
august8

The Shichida Method!!!

It's a course for infant. It's a famous teaching method in Japan. Just heard from my friend last month. I'm planning to send my baby there.

www.shichidamethod.com

just called up and checked, its rm 1200 for a semester (3 months). once 1 week but parents will have to actively practice it at home wit their bb.

actually parent can do it together with the baby at home start with the flash card method.

here is the website where u can get lots of information and download flash card.

www.brillbaby.com

i think is alot cheaper to do it on our own.

Yes, my friend did tell me that there is RM100 per class.

and one of the parents have to be along with their baby.

The class is always full. She went for it when her baby was 3months old but they only have place for her when the baby is 9months old.

august8, are you planning go for Shichida?

Thanks ogosdream for sharing. Recently, I'm searching where to buy these flash card for my baby.

Good to have a website to guide.

hi IcyIce,

Yup hubby is very keen so did call up and asked lo. Apparently the classes are really full but now they have a branch in BU Centre Point as well so not tat bad i guess. We came across this class from a fren as well, she sends her twins there and the results are quiet good i must say. 1 year old can pronounce words very well and clear. The infos that i got from the centre are:

1) RM 1,050 weekdays - Thursday -Friday

2) RM 1,200 weekends - Sat -Sun

*once a week (1 hr 15 mins) - 1 hour for class and 15 mins for assessment wit parents.

I heard there is an annual fee of RM 100 as well and parents or mom/dad have to enroll for the class as well ( i guess this is to get the parents to be prepared to teach the bb at home, the teaching methods and all). The fee for either mom/dad is RM 295 or both mommy & daddy is RM 495. However, this fee is refundable wen ur bb completed up to 4 semesters.

Hope the info helps :smile:

August,

do you have the contact of BU branch, and also the exact location? I like to call for checking on registration. Thank you!

coffee,

CentrePoint BU unit F1-F7 (level 2). Tel no: 03 7727 8149. Wed-Sun as Mon & Tues they are close.

ehh..

one of the parents can attend or both also can attend??

hehe with all the newborn babies in a class must be very happening.. :P

ehh..

one of the parents can attend or both also can attend??

hehe with all the newborn babies in a class must be very happening.. :P

Only one of the parents can accompany the baby in the class and to set expectation right, parents its told to not expect any significant result within 1-2 years.

coffee,

CentrePoint BU unit F1-F7 (level 2). Tel no: 03 7727 8149. Wed-Sun as Mon & Tues they are close.

Thanks august, will check out on next Wednesday! :)

for those who are interested with Shicida, i think there is a new class coming this July. I had enrolled my 2mth old baby, but was told that there is not enuf applicants, they need min 4 to start a class.

maybe you guys can enrol your bb's name9is FOC) , so that a new class can be form soon.I m refering to BU centrepoint.

hi mommies,

just checking, any mommies hv brought their children to shichida classes? what's the feedback? my son is almost 5 months now, and i am very keen about sending my son to this class.

I would like to purchase the Shichida flash card. Called the BU branch and they said that they only sell to parents whose kids are enrolled at their centre. Anyone who is sending their kids there can help me buy? Thanks in advance!!

Ermm.. i also wanted to send if can after read few books by Shichida.. But i think its kinda expensive and not convinient,so i decided to teach by myself. found one website got many discussing Shichida and Domen's Early Education Teaching Way,sharing experience among parents. BUT its in mandarin tou.. (sorry for those who can read mandarin)

http://forum.ibaby.my/index-htm-cateid-70.html

for the flash card (follow Domen's way), u can buy fr there also, its way cheaper compare to others like brainet

http://shop.ibaby.my/?gallery-78.html

** juz for sharing, not getting any credit for advertising..

I would like to purchase the Shichida flash card. Called the BU branch and they said that they only sell to parents whose kids are enrolled at their centre. Anyone who is sending their kids there can help me buy? Thanks in advance!!

fluene,

i bought the schicida flash card + penalive set at parenthood's 2 years ago. The retail cost 1.2k and i bought it for around rm800.

its a very interesting set as u can point the PEN to any flash card and it will read from there. Have many languages also : korean, japanese, english + malay.

The set include a story books also, me n hubby was fall in love with the set and decided to buy it during my 6th month pregnancy. hahaha...

R u refering to this set or got any other flash card set available ?

fluene,

i bought the schicida flash card + penalive set at parenthood's 2 years ago. The retail cost 1.2k and i bought it for around rm800.

its a very interesting set as u can point the PEN to any flash card and it will read from there. Have many languages also : korean, japanese, english + malay.

The set include a story books also, me n hubby was fall in love with the set and decided to buy it during my 6th month pregnancy. hahaha...

R u refering to this set or got any other flash card set available ?

Yah, this is the one. Where did you bought it?

i gone through the brillkids website and learned that they have a programme called ''Little Reader'' & ''Little Math''.. which u can download the software to ur pc and let ur baby to watch it. 15mins per session, twice session a day. they have a free trial now for 14days. For parents who interested might download the programme and try it out. (but after free trial, if u r interested then u have to pay , furhter details abt charges can check from their website).

This programmes are same like SM, GD, etc. for right brain training. And i think is more suitable for SAHM coz can learn with baby at home. and the cost is cheaper than SM. Btw, i just download it and let see after 14days. :p

i gone through the brillkids website and learned that they have a programme called ''Little Reader'' & ''Little Math''.. which u can download the software to ur pc and let ur baby to watch it. 15mins per session, twice session a day. they have a free trial now for 14days. For parents who interested might download the programme and try it out. (but after free trial, if u r interested then u have to pay , furhter details abt charges can check from their website).

This programmes are same like SM, GD, etc. for right brain training. And i think is more suitable for SAHM coz can learn with baby at home. and the cost is cheaper than SM. Btw, i just download it and let see after 14days. :p

I'm not so comfortable with the idea of having babies staring at the monitor.