rukia

baby refuse to drink milk...or no appetite..

It looks and sounds like you have a distractable baby. Eva was like that as well - refuse to latch on and if latch on oso, suck for less than five minutes - and I had no choice but to latch her on (in your case, feed her) when she was half asleep and keep up the night feeds. Those were the only times when she'd nurse well and long. I spoke to paed - he say it's normal and ask me to continue the dream/night feeds.

Mei, u mean to wake her up in the day also for feeding when time reach?

Maybe because he already started to eat solid food so that's why he has less interest on milk feed. Or maybe try to change the milk.

Base from my friend's experience, when she changes the child's milk, her children started to like milk as usual. :)

No lar. My boy also like that when he reached 12 weeks old. Haven't even starting to eat solid yet. And changing milk, I dun think it's an option when you're breastfeeding. But what Mabel said it's true about dream/night feed. I find that it is easier to feed baby when he's still blur blur.... :lol:

virus, wsyrinrin's baby has yet to start solids. Don't tell me kena tukar to FM at this stage keh? =.=

I am so happy to have found this thread. I always thought my baby gal is the only odd spicies who refused to drink milk. Her drinking pattern really drives me crazy. I have stopped feeding her after 8.30pm every day coz she will cry if we offer night feeding. Her milk intake for the entire day before is less than 20oz and she's 13 mths old, with only 8.5kg at the moment. We have done all sort of monkey shows to attract her for every feed but it sometimes end up she cry and I also cry...

Is milk really important and how much a toddler like her should take? Do I need to give her supplement coz her weight is not increasing for the past few mths. Her weight at birth is 3.2kg and now she is 13mths++, only 8.5-8.6kgs. I am seriously depressed by her drinking pattern and i dare not to bring her out coz if she's out, she can go without milk the whole day.

Appreaciate your input and I have consulted few paed, all of them told me she's not hungry which I really sceptical about their answers...I just can't pursuade myself to believe that my gal is not drinking milk whole day long becoz she's not hungry. How can she be not hungry most of the time and some more her weight is not gaining???

Besides, she only loves porridge but not cereal too...really appreciate ur suggestions/solutions.

At 13 mths, milk should no longer be her main source of nutrients so it's fine if she doesn't like milk. She needs to eat more solids tho - at her age, she SHOULD be on 3 meals a day and at least 1-2 snacks. Try to feed her things other than porridge as she should be moving onto chunky food and slowly onto family foods. You can refer to this thread for more info and Q&A on nutrition.

At 13 mths, milk should no longer be her main source of nutrients so it's fine if she doesn't like milk. She needs to eat more solids tho - at her age, she SHOULD be on 3 meals a day and at least 1-2 snacks. Try to feed her things other than porridge as she should be moving onto chunky food and slowly onto family foods. You can refer to this thread for more info and Q&A on nutrition.

Mabel,

I feel so much better after reading thru the thread shared. It seems like I'm also badly 'brainwashed' by the taught of the older generation and the ads too...

By the way, talking about the snacks, do you have any good recommendation on the choices of snacks? I came across various kind of biscuit like rusk, heinz, baby choice rice cracker, are they good snacks to introduce? Or do you have any good meal plan to share for the age of my toddler?

Rusk from Heinz have added sugar and I prefer to stay away from those with added flavouring so I usually buy those plain rice cakes or original toddler snacks like fruit bars, etc. She also has fresh fruit as a snack. (I have a homemade muesli mix consisting of cornflakes, buckwheat puffs and dried fruit but that's only recently.) For an idea of meal plans, you can try this thread - page 68.

Depends - Kelloggs has the plain one and Frosties which is the one loaded with sugar. I get the plain one. Not really brand conscious coz am dipping into the family cereal for this. :p