GHOST

Custom made wedding gowns

Hi All,

I'm getting married next year Jan. Need to ask where could I custom make a wedding gown for my FW? Preferably in pj / ss2 area. Pls don't recommend me Keith Kee, Soo Lin Lei, Vera Wang... etc as those are way over my budget. And also pls do not tell me that this is a waste of money so should rent instead as it's only being wear once coz we have already decided on this with our parents consent.

I may check out Pretty In White @ Hartamas soon. So just need more feedbacks & recommendations from all of u out there either than this.

Appreciate all fellow forumners feedback on this. Hope ur able to help, thanks.

Hi All,

I'm getting married next year Jan. Need to ask where could I custom make a wedding gown for my FW? Preferably in pj / ss2 area. Pls don't recommend me Keith Kee, Soo Lin Lei, Vera Wang... etc as those are way over my budget. And also pls do not tell me that this is a waste of money so should rent instead as it's only being wear once coz we have already decided on this with our parents consent.

I may check out Pretty In White @ Hartamas soon. So just need more feedbacks & recommendations from all of u out there either than this.

I think there is another thread discussing it. But I cant find back the link.

But myself has been to Just wardrobe at uptown (HSBC upstair) and neoromantic at PJ SS2 (same row as the RHB).

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

haha really appreciate your effort in looking around for your FW... anyway i did mine at After Twelve Boutique and they are very affordable... you can check out their website www.aftertwelve.com.my

Hi All,

You can also check out "That Special Occasions" which is also in Hartamas. During my wedding, I went to both PIW and TSO. Both ended up making in PIW and it turn out really well.

I MTM 4 gowns from Micky Tan...

She stay at Pelangi Damansara _ near The Curve!

Its so affordable that y i made 4...

2 of it, i had made for my PS which were completed - u may chk my website link in my signature & another 2 in the progress as fabrics purchased.... under construction....

shall be ready by end May09...

Below a costing summary for ur reference:-

My PS mermaid gown cost RM1300

1stfittingmermaidgown23109.jpg

My PS short dress cost RM680

_DSC1004.jpg

My AD wedding ball gown RM2000 ++

My Cheongsam RM1800 - Due to the super expensive fabric & lace i had bought. If using normal price fabric it will cost not more than RM1000

:smile:

U may chk out her website for more info or mine for sample of gowns....

http://www.mickytan.com/

She had indeed made wedding gowns / cheongsam for MB brides which had contacted her directly after i introduced in some thread... Check out the thread name Cheongsam if not mistaken...

I made mine with neoromantic(SS2), abt RM800 for the gown and delivery to the UK.

Agree..i would highly recommend Neoromantic in SS2 (near RHB bank). If That Special Occassion quotes 1.2K for buy back, you can easily get it in Neoromantic for RM700-800 and keep the dress. My jaw almost dropped..it is even cheaper to own a wedding gown than renting out there. However, their workmanship and material is not as fine as Pretty In White / Special Occassion...but I dont really care since it will be worn for only a day or two..

I made mine with neoromantic(SS2), abt RM800 for the gown and delivery to the UK.

Actually, you can try at L&L Boutique at Sri Petaling. The designer's service is very good, very patient and most important the price of MTM gowns is very reasonable!! (RM300 -RM800). :whistling:

Actually, you can try at L&L Boutique at Sri Petaling. The designer's service is very good, very patient and most important the price of MTM gowns is very reasonable!! (RM300 -RM800). :whistling:

Hi Ink,

Did you make yours there?

wow....so envy u girls here got very pretty gown....

was thinking to have one also....

but i'm quite fat...huhuh....

have to go diet first...

Hi all,

just share with u all, i bought (actually booked but haven't paid) gown from this shop

http

://nicleesher.com/ourproducts/list.asp...ult=&id=11

the gown i booked is the one in orange and turqoise colour....

rm1120.... a bit exp.... but i tried on it and really like it very much....

Hi Ink

May i know where is this shop? Can give me ASAP cos my Actual day is near

Thanks for reply

lynn

Hi Ink

Thanks for reply

lynn

L&L Boutique is inside Endah Parade (Sri Petaling), if not mistaken 2nd or 3rd floor. The shop is a corner lot, almost facing the back row (meaning the shop is not the row of shops facing the escalator)

Hi Ink

Thanks for reply

lynn

Hi there,

There is a bridal gown showroom in town offering ready made bridal gowns, their gown designs are simple & elegant, price range from RM480 to RM1000+.

Gown pictures are posted on their blog : http://mybridalgown.blogspot.com/

Contact info :

My Bridal Gown - Ely & Liz (012-6530742)

pretty bb

Hi Ink,

Did you make yours there?

Hi Erine,

My niece's wedding was last week, she tailored 2 gowns from there last month.

It costs only RM900 for 2 pieces. :cheers:

Hi Ink

Thanks for reply

lynn

L&L Boutique is inside Endah Parade (Sri Petaling), if not mistaken 2nd or 3rd floor. The shop is a corner lot, almost facing the back row (meaning the shop is not the row of shops facing the escalator)

Hi Lynn,

Just at 2nd Floor, near furniture shop :wub:

Hi Ink

Thanks for reply

lynn

Hi Lynn,

Just at 2nd Floor, near furniture shop :wub:

Hi Ink,

how about the workmanship?

is it satisfactory?

will go visit this shop and have a look.

Hi Cammy,

My colleague actually made one 2years ago. Simple gown, good workmanship. But u need to get some accesories urself if u want a cheaper price.

I'm going to check it out soon.

i am looking for a traditional shanghainese style, capped sleeve, full length cheongsam with high slit......

anyone knows where to get good tailor to do it? or where could it be bought from?

Hi All,

-

Hi All,

I customade mine with www.iamabride.com.

it is reasonably priced (1/3 or 1/4 of designer's price) and great workmanship (her seamstress sews for designers as well).

she's also very patient to listen to my ideas.

hope this helps :)

What are price range for your custom made dress? Just checking so I won't exceed my budget :D