joyceyee

Warming up breast milk

Hi,

Would like to check anyone using milk warmer to warm up the breast milk for the baby?

Normally how long does it take to warm up the milk for baby intake?

Currently I'm using Snowbear 2 in 1....look like it take a long time to warm up the milk....

or maybe my way to warm up the milk is wrong...???

Do you all take out the milk from the fridge before the baby feeding time??? How many hours the

milk can be remain at the outside temperature?

Normally any unfinished milk will you all discard it or it can be kept for certain hours for next intake??

If yes, can it mix with any new milk that has not been warm before for the next feeding??

I used the Snowbear 2 in 1 before. Usually, i will take the milk to defrost first before I put in the warmer. Yup it take sometimes to warm up. I think about 10-15 min.

Unfinish bm should be discard. BM that has touch saliva will lead to virus growing. So it's better to throw ler...

I have consulted lactation Dr. Koe for the bm mixing. She said it's OK to mix the bm in same temperature.

To warm up bm really takes time. It's about 8-10mins. I am using Little Bean warmer and is going to get Snow Bear 2in1 also as the Little bean warmer will past to babysitter.. As she complained to warm up the bm takes 1/2hr.. sigh...

i din buy a warmer as i thought using hotwater will do..

my colleague teach me to soak the bottle in a hotwater

and after a while.. change new hotwater... until the milk is warm...

i'm not sure whether should i buy or not the bottle warmer..

aishiteru, it's better for you to have a warmer ler.. less troublesome... Or else when baby cry, you got no hand to hold her / him... yours gal / boy ar?

So milk bottle warmer is a need ??? I thought to use hot water to soak the bottles too...

Around how much is the warmer in market ?

aishiteru - Congrates! :)

Bao B - I din't use warmer in the 1st mth coz got CL ma.. I buoght it after she left.. worry i can't cope with the warming process.. It's easier tho... Warmer is around RM100+. For "Little Bean" - RM170 for both warmer and stereliser.. worth ma... Snow Bear 2in1 car & home warmer is around RM130...

aishiteru - Congrates! :)

Bao B - I din't use warmer in the 1st mth coz got CL ma.. I buoght it after she left.. worry i can't cope with the warming process.. It's easier tho... Warmer is around RM100+. For "Little Bean" - RM170 for both warmer and stereliser.. worth ma... Snow Bear 2in1 car & home warmer is around RM130...

Sywiser, Snow Bear 2 in 1 is the brand name or what ? sorry cause I not sure here...& what method your CL used for that 1 month ? hot water to soak too ?

Bao B - my CL use warm water to warm up the milk and it's only 1feeding for her to warm up only... coz normally i pump and feed, more fresh compare to you store in fridge.. but have to be very fast in the pumping process...

She mix 50% hot and 50% cold water.. when water gets coller, she top up hot water again.. till the milk is warm...

Sywiser, Snow Bear 2 in 1 is the brand name or what ? sorry cause I not sure here...& what method your CL used for that 1 month ? hot water to soak too ?

Bao B - my CL use warm water to warm up the milk and it's only 1feeding for her to warm up only... coz normally i pump and feed, more fresh compare to you store in fridge.. but have to be very fast in the pumping process...

She mix 50% hot and 50% cold water.. when water gets coller, she top up hot water again.. till the milk is warm...

Thanks sywiser for your info here..

Hi, I soak the bm in hotwater. BM store in BM storage bottle and soak in hotwater takes about 5-10minutes, faster than feeding bottle. I and my MIL normally warm it before bb wake-up for milk. Seldom have left over coz we estimate the time and amount the bb drink. I use one hand to carry bb and another hand warm the milk, pour milk to milk bottle. My bb about 5 months oledi, hehehe.. i stil can carry her using 1 hand. Dun worry bb cry, when bb cry, can play music to calm her. Sometimes i put her in bb cot and play the musical mobile, so that i can do my stuff.

Bao_B,

yeah i bought the milk bottles liao.

Tommee Tippee brand and for pump i bought the avent electric uno pump.

i'm still thinking whether to buy or not the warmer..

wat about u?

Bao_B,

yeah i bought the milk bottles liao.

Tommee Tippee brand and for pump i bought the avent electric uno pump.

i'm still thinking whether to buy or not the warmer..

wat about u?

Aishiteru, I got 4 milk bottles : 2 Avent medium size bottles ( come together when I bought the pump )

2 Tupperware - I big & 1 small which gave by relative

About pump, I bought Avent Single Manual Pump...then for the warmer, after think and think, I think only buy later together with the ice cooler bag if I really success in BF later, maybe after my confinement & before work...cause during confinement, we still can feed BB direct or pump and feed using bottles but just have to make sure pump before BB demand for it... :-)

sywiser,

hi, what is ur comments on "Little Bean" - for both warmer and stereliser?

How about "Snow Bear 2in1 car & home warmer"?

These are cheaper than Avent Sterelizer(+-RM350) and also Avent Warmer(+-RM280).. Can save alots!!

bei bei - Little Bean warmer ok so far, better than using hot water to warm gua.. coz hot water need to keep on adding hot water. Whereas this one just on power and let it be there... Sterelizer i got no idea ler coz i past to baby sitter. I'm using Avent Sterelizer at home.. I guess is about the same...

Snow Bear warmer hv't got yet ;P wana to order, but looks like out of stock temporary... now just take the Little Bean warmer daily to babysitter...

usually i don't warm the frozen milk using warmer.... i'll will thaw the milk overnight and warm it when it's time to feed bb... i use the avent IQ warmer. it warm the chilled BM in about 2 mins...

i didnt use any bottle warmers. I just put the milk at the bottle section in the fridge coz I have 2 babies...cannot store for long also, coz finish very fast hehehe

But I just estimate the time and bring them out to warm up in hot water...

according to docs and midwives, baby need room temp milk...good enuff wor..

puffyMama - you have 2babies.. twin? Congrates! So great.. :) Should be very funny to watch them growing up :)

Since Snow Bear in not available till May, I'll get Avent warmer.. if it can warm in 2minutes, thk it's worth to buy.. Little Bean need to warm at least 8mins ler..

puffyMama - you have 2babies.. twin? Congrates! So great.. :) Should be very funny to watch them growing up :)

Since Snow Bear in not available till May, I'll get Avent warmer.. if it can warm in 2minutes, thk it's worth to buy.. Little Bean need to warm at least 8mins ler..

Yes, a boy and a girl. It is very cute to see them now trying to communicate with each other. Sometimes, when we place them face to face, they will 'talk' to each other and the other party will smile/laugh.... :wub:

communicate with each other.. so cute :) now they hw many mths liaw...? so far bm supply enuf for both of them? wah.. double our normal supply..

Yes, a boy and a girl. It is very cute to see them now trying to communicate with each other. Sometimes, when we place them face to face, they will 'talk' to each other and the other party will smile/laugh.... :wub:

wah! so nice to have twin.. somemore is 1 boy 1 girl.. if u want 2 kids only now can 'close shop' already!

Is it very tiring to take care of 2 babies at the same time? Do they eat at the same time as well? Do they look very similiar? can u differentiate them? Always heard that only mommy can differentiate the twin who looks very similiar, is it true?